Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 AM   #441  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I am so sorry to hear about Autumn's little boy. I feel so bad for them having to go through this.

A local church had a fundraiser here. They had Fazoli's to come and to do it.
Fazoili's charged them $4 per plate and they sold the spaghetti plates for $8. That is the only fund raising thing I can think of at the moment.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.
F4A Hostess
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #442  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though I didn't make it to the stampede and don't know Autumn, I feel like I do because she is such a sweet bubbly chatter!! I just loved her posts (which I followed even though I didn't go) Anyway, I am praying for their whole family and for a speedy, complete recovery for little D!!!! I too will help in any way I can around fundraising!! I think one thing is if someone can put together a site about little D with photos, etc. and a way to donate right from that site, that would be awesome!!!! Any local stamping events as fundraisers would also be great!! Or crops!! I just wanted you to know Autumn, that lot's of prayers are being said for little D and your whole family!! Hugs! Willow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #443  
Bunny's SunnyChick

I sent an email out to everyone that is affiliated with SCS (that knows Autumn) including all the past attendee's for the Stampede. I know that some of these ladies will come up with several great ideas to help out along with tons of prayers going up!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 05-28-2008 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #444  
Compulsive Stamper

That's a great start~~ I will just stay tuned to see what suggestions are made and how I can be involved!!! Thanks! Willow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #445  
Pearl-ExPert

Tracy I posted the note about Autumn on the St Louis SCS shoebox thread. I know lots of ladies would be glad to start helping here in any way we can. I will start by getting a card in the mail tomorrow to Autumn on the day of surgery. Lots of prayers will help for sure.
Dee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #446  
The Queen of Blue

Ladies!!!! your love, concern and prayers are making me cry, which I have been doing alot of lately. As for now Little D's surgery has been postponed due to surgeon's emergency scheduling conflict. His tumor is very large and he will need several surgeons working on him. His surgery will take 12 or more hours. The tumor is in his spine, pressing on his brain. It is pressing on the nerve that controls his breathing and his motorskills. The situation as they have presented it to us can be fatal. He can also come back to us very neurologically damaged with lots of problems. Kevin works for AT &T who has decided that they do not want him off of work so they are causing a bit of trouble. (none that they will get away with legally though) but it does add to the stress. He will get a paycheck from them in two weeks and then he will go on FMLA (which is the Family Medical Leave Act) but he does not get paid while he is on this leave. I don't know how to express my gratitude for everything you ladies are wanting to do for me and my family. I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will do my best to update as to when the surgery is to be and let you know what I can after the surgery. I can honestly say I do have lots of trouble talking about this and I have faith that the Lord will deliver my son from this tumor. Thank you for everything Ladies.. Sending you all much love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #447  
Matboard Maniac

Autumn,

You are such a strong and wonderful person! Hang in there girl! We are all praying for your little guy! Lots of hugs!

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #448  

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Autumn,

My heart is so heavy for your burden, worry and concern. I'm praying for you, your son, and his surgeons that God will guide their hands to bring your son through this. God bless you hon...keep that faith strong.

Hugs and love,
L.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #449  

Tracy - is there any sort of fund set up at any area local banks? I know some people would donate money, along with their prayers. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help the cause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychickView Post
I sent an email out to everyone that is affiliated with SCS (that knows Autumn) including all the past attendee's for the Stampede. I know that some of these ladies will come up with several great ideas to help out along with tons of prayers going up!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #450  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanabescrapnView Post
Autumn,

You are such a strong and. wonderful person! Hang in there girl! We are all praying for your little guy! Lots of hugs!
Thanks Kristy. In all honesty I am very medicated otherwise I walk the halls at night while everyone is sleeping and cry. I know in my heart that God will deliver him from this, I just pray that he is complete and I can't help feeling that way thanks for all the prayers and hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #451  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. LouisView Post
Autumn,

My heart is so heavy for your burden, worry and concern. I'm praying for you, your son, and his surgeons that God will guide their hands to bring your son through this. God bless you hon...keep that faith strong.

Hugs and love,
L.
Thanks Lynn, my faith is strong sending hugs and love right back to you my friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #452  
Matboard Maniac

Autumn, I can't even imagine what you must be going through but want you to know I will be praying for you. I have also forwarded a prayer request for Dakota (and you & Kevin as well) to all of my friends and asked them to add you all to their prayer lists. You have so many praying for your family to have faith and strength during this time. Please hang in there and remember to take care of yourself so that you can stay strong for Dakota. I know I just met you at the Stampede but if I remember correctly, you didn't sleep much to begin with - now it's more important than ever but even harder! I told you in previous e-mails that I'm a night owl so if you ever need to talk, please call (my cell phone number was in the e-mail for Stampede but let me know if you need it again).

Also, what does Dakota like - favorite colors, trucks, dinosaurs, cats or dogs? (looking for theme for cards!). Also, what can he do right now that would bring him joy - coloring books? playing with trucks? DVD's? (is there a DVD that has come out recently he would like - I'm obsessed with buying DVD's and look for any excuse to purchase them!) (Do you have a DVD player?) Anyway, let me know because while it isn't much, I'd like to do something to make your life a little easier.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers, Tracy in Michigan (and St. Louis!) and remember, "Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #453  
Stazon Splitcoast

Autumn,
I am so sorry to hear about Dakota. Hugs and prayers to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #454  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltsinmiView Post
Autumn, I can't even imagine what you must be going through but want you to know I will be praying for you. I have also forwarded a prayer request for Dakota (and you & Kevin as well) to all of my friends and asked them to add you all to their prayer lists. You have so many praying for your family to have faith and strength during this time. Please hang in there and remember to take care of yourself so that you can stay strong for Dakota. I know I just met you at the Stampede but if I remember correctly, you didn't sleep much to begin with - now it's more important than ever but even harder! I told you in previous e-mails that I'm a night owl so if you ever need to talk, please call (my cell phone number was in the e-mail for Stampede but let me know if you need it again).

Also, what does Dakota like - favorite colors, trucks, dinosaurs, cats or dogs? (looking for theme for cards!). Also, what can he do right now that would bring him joy - coloring books? playing with trucks? DVD's? (is there a DVD that has come out recently he would like - I'm obsessed with buying DVD's and look for any excuse to purchase them!) (Do you have a DVD player?) Anyway, let me know because while it isn't much, I'd like to do something to make your life a little easier.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers, Tracy in Michigan (and St. Louis!) and remember, "Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up".
Tracy thanks soooo much. Dakota loves all types of DVDs, coloring books trucks anything. You are sooo sweet to think of him. Tom & Jerry is one of his favs but they seem hard to find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #455  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlj-mljView Post
Autumn,
I am so sorry to hear about Dakota. Hugs and prayers to all of you!
Thanks sooo much, I appreciate it more than you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #456  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Lynn-

I am checking on it and will get back to you soon. Thanks so much!

Ladies-

Anyone wanting to help out I will post more information as I find out more. Thanks so much!

Prayers are top priority at the moment.

And AUTUMN like I said...anything! I will get in the car and be there in no time.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #457  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Tracy-

You are such a sweetheart. I love what you said at the end. Thank you for being so loving and thoughtful.

Next Stampede I will get to meet you too!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #458  
~~Triple S Threat~~

(((Autumn))) I've been praying for you and little (((Dakota))) ever since I heard this news. I do believe that God will bring your family through this. I can't imagine how you are feeling, but I do know you need to keep yourself healthy and strong for Dakota... so please get some needed sleep when you can.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #459  
~~Triple S Threat~~

As for fund raisers... it would be a good idea to get a special account at your bank... Please do NOT say it is to pay for Dakota's medical expenses... I'm saying this because it sounds like your husband will be off work without a paycheck...you will need money for everyday expenses like gas, food, house payments, etc.... if anyone has a fund raiser and advertise it for medical expense then a hospital/doctor can come collecting for that money. ( this is advice from a lawyer for a fund raiser held in central Illinois, but of course this was a few years ago)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #460  
Pearl-ExPert

Great advice, Debbie. Advice from experience is always good during these times, especially when it is legal advice. I am watching the thread for ideas to help Autumn and family.
Dee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #461  
Insane Embellisher

OMG! I just read about Aut and her little one on our St. Louis thread. I can't imagine what she is going through. Autumn you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Randi - can you pm me her address?
Aren't my babies beautiful!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #462  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Heather-

I will pm it to you now. I just sent it to someone else.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #463  
The Queen of Blue

Surgery is rescheduled for June 9th at 7:30a.m. it will be 12 hours or longer. Please keep praying ladies. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #464  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you Tracy and Randi for pming me her addy. I am staying posted for any fundraising ideas you girls come up with.
Aren't my babies beautiful!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #465  
Polyshrink Goddess

Aut,
You and your family are all in my prayers. If there is anything you need, please let me know. You know I'm a night owl so if you just want to talk give me a call. ANYTIME!
Love Ya!
Take care,
Carla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #466  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Any News on Dakota??

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazed2View Post
Surgery is rescheduled for June 9th at 7:30a.m. it will be 12 hours or longer. Please keep praying ladies. Thanks.

Has anyone heard how little D is doing??? I have been praying and would love to know how well he came through this difficult surgery! How is Autumn holding up and the rest of the family really!! If anyone knows and can share I would appreciate it!!! With continued prayer, Willow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #467  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
Has anyone heard how little D is doing??? I have been praying and would love to know how well he came through this difficult surgery! How is Autumn holding up and the rest of the family really!! If anyone knows and can share I would appreciate it!!! With continued prayer, Willow
Willow, it was reschedule for Monday morning (9th) at 7:30 and is suppose to last 12 hours! I can't imagine. Let's send up lots of prayers for both Dakota and his family as we come upon this time. They've certainly been on my mind a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #468  
Forum Fanatic

Autumn, I will be thinking of you and yours tomorrow. I wish I could do more than just send a hug.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #469  
Compulsive Stamper

You and your family have my prayers Autumn!! There will be many, many people holding Dakota up in prayer!!! And no you don't know me, I didn't make it to the stampede!! But, when need be I am a prayer warrior!!! Hugs, Willow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #470  
Glitter Queen

Default Prayer

Autumn, our God is a miracle working God, and He's holding little Dakota in His hands with a love that we can't even comprehend. Stay strong and know that we love you and are keeping you, your hubby and especially Dakota before the Lord in constant prayer.
Love, Katie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #471  
Polyshrink Goddess

Autumn Update!

I have been watching the other thread that Autumn communicates with. Dakota is out of surgery and they are saying that he is doing well. They only got around 80% of the tumor. I will try to keep you all informed as I find out.
Keep praying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #472  
~~Triple S Threat~~

thanks for the update!

and yes.... we all need to keep praying

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #473  

Oh, praise God he made it through surgery. Prayers continue.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #474  
Polyshrink Goddess

I PM'd Kimberly about Autumn and she said that they have set up a CarePage for Dakota to post updates. Check out http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePa...&tlcx2=2398808 and sign in. It should give you updates when she posts something.
Thanks ladies and lets flood them with cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #475  
Forum Fanatic

Randi, thanks for posting. I have been thinking of them all day today...more love for all of them.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #476  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, praise the Lord!! They have been on my mind all day today. I'm so glad he came through surgery ok. I'll keep watching the care page for updates. thanks for letting us know!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #477  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful news that Dakota came thru sugery fine. Prayers continue here too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #478  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks so much for the update Randi, and of course I will keep praying!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #479  
Pearl-ExPert

What great news, that they were able to get 80% of the tumor. We will keep reading and praying for the family. Thanks Randi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #480  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Randi, for updating this thread. I just remembered it and signed back on to do it but you had it covered. Sorry I forgot...
Reply With Quote Likes