Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

she has great ideas and doesn't skimp on product when showing us them.

has a birthday club where the month of your birthday you get its iether 40 or 50% off one item.

has not just workshops but monthly card or specialty classes.

she has all her workshops and classes at her place.

in a pinch she can find me anything.

always is appreciative of my business even the smallest orders gets a thank you wrapped chocolate or something.

she is freindly, outgoing and personalble
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #42  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I can't answer for anyone else but I'll answer for myself. I have an amazing demo- but I have also worked with two others. The reason why- technique camps. Having more than one demo means more camps to go too (they are all busy people and only each do one a quarter), more specials to choose from (one of the demo splits paper packs! Sometimes they offer free shipping, independent of SU etc), but the other demos know that I have a "primary" demo and am just taking advantage of their camps and specials.
Thank you!

This is definitely a good reason to have more than one demo... I guess I just never thought of it as 'having a demo' when one goes to stamp camps simply to learn new things.

Have a FUNtastic day!

Dancing Rain

Proud to be a Stampin' Up! Demo... and a "Rubber Mutt"

~*~
Click here to Visit My Gallery
HeartPrints Welcome
A

Avatar: Photo taken Dec. 2006 at Wildlife Safari - Winston, OR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingRain
Thank you!

This is definitely a good reason to have more than one demo... I guess I just never thought of it as 'having a demo' when one goes to stamp camps simply to learn new things.

Have a FUNtastic day!

Dancing Rain
Well I guess I don't consider these people my demos- but I always put in orders when I attend camps, unless I am really broke. I know demos never break even on camps, even when they are $10 or $20 dollar ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #44  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by raestamps
These are things done by more than one demo over the years.

1. My demos have mounted my stamps because I have a latex allergy. They have graciously done this for me and have been very kind about it. If a demo doesn't do it, my sister-in-law does it for me (and she's nice too! ;) )

Good luck with your business!
Just out of curiosity: what part of the stamp has latex? I know lots of "doctor gloves" are made of latex, but I wasn't aware it was in the stamps. Is it the part that sticks to the wood?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
My demo is amazing. She is a heart surgeon, homeschools 3 kids and she even operated on my mother for free. But then I found out about this other demo who was offering free shipping once a year so I switched.
snort!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
My demo is amazing. She is a heart surgeon, homeschools 3 kids and she even operated on my mother for free. But then I found out about this other demo who was offering free shipping once a year so I switched.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, me too... I just keep shopping around till I find one that will actually GIVE me the stamps for free... It's all about ME, ya know...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
Just out of curiosity: what part of the stamp has latex? I know lots of "doctor gloves" are made of latex, but I wasn't aware it was in the stamps. Is it the part that sticks to the wood?
The stamps of made of rubber. I am allergic to rubber products including latex gloves, rubber bands, latex medical tubing and equipment, band aids (adhesive) flip flops (swollen, stinging, hot dog weiner toes are not fun!)

I use SU stamps with no problem. They have no odor and and I don't touch the rubber, just the wood mount. I would be extremely nervous cutting the rubber with my hands though. I could risk having particles in the air and just around which could be dangerous for me.

I don't know if the adhesive/foam is rubber but it also could very well be. I don't want to find out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

My demonstrator has a yearly customer appreciation night with draws for some of her extra sets and some of her cards. I live a long way away from her so she phoned me and asked me what set I would like and she sent it to me just for being her customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

My demonstrator has a yearly customer appreciation night with draws for some of her extra sets and some of her cards. I live a long way away from her so she phoned me and asked me what set I would like and she sent it to me just for being her customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #50  

I belong to a 10-club, but my demo always tells me when she is putting in a supply order, in case I need something earlier than club.

She is willing to split paper packs with me (if she is buying them anyway, she will generally charge me 1/3 of the price for 8 sheets of paper; after all, who but a demo needs more than 8 sheets of Gable Green ;))

She asks all the hostesses in our club what they want to do for their particular month, so that we get a project that we like.

All her stamps are available for loan.

She lets us come over and play with her toys--sometimes she even feeds us!:mrgreen: (and believe me, she is a GREAT cook!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I have also heard of demos who share their reinkers- an awesome idea, I think.
I do this. If they need a reinking I just have them bring the pad to my house and I'll inker it up for them!

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

while i know my demo can't afford to do much her friendship and enthusiasm for the prodcuts is nice enough. she will also split paper with me which who needs 40 sheets of going grey!....since she lives quite aways away she ships to where we live so we get our products speedily. and the we 'ups' (send them with her hubby) her stamps up to her. she has also offered to set it up so that four of us can buy the marker set and only pay $30 each time for four times and get the case for the marker set. she also advises of product availability and what she really loves/can't live without. i'm sure you will find many ways to make your customers very happy.

ps. i also sent her for her birthday a set of 6 cards that featured a certain fold/technique so hopefully she can be inspired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #53  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by raestamps
The stamps of made of rubber. I am allergic to rubber products including latex gloves, rubber bands, latex medical tubing and equipment, band aids (adhesive) flip flops (swollen, stinging, hot dog weiner toes are not fun!)

I use SU stamps with no problem. They have no odor and and I don't touch the rubber, just the wood mount. I would be extremely nervous cutting the rubber with my hands though. I could risk having particles in the air and just around which could be dangerous for me.

I don't know if the adhesive/foam is rubber but it also could very well be. I don't want to find out.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Duh....
That must be awful. My little niece has one of those extreme peanut allergies, so her mom has to read labels on everything to be sure she doesn't go into anaphylactic? shock.
I actually am amazed that you are able to use the stamps.
Sorry for the hijack.

I love my demo!
Reply With Quote Likes