Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbarnes
Waterpixie that is because the santa looks like a GNOME! lol
Santa's wearing combat boots! My daughter asked what had happened to him.
I can't believe you people have not figured out that Clarence (where did that name come from?) is the Santa in Magic and Wonder! The clown thing just doesn't pay in the winter so he picks up a little extra cash as Santa. Can't you just imagine what the picture of a kid sitting on his lap would look like? You'd seee his head, the kids head and the bottom of those big ol' ugly combat boots cause his legs are so short they'd stick straight out from the chair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

You're right! It's Clarence in a Santa suit! Makes you wonder where he'll show up next! The Easter Bunny?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my gosh! I have tears running down my face. You ladies have me laughing so hard!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #44  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Santa really creeps me out! Then again, so does the clowin in Jest Between Friends! Always hated clowns, always will!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are all SO wrong...Clarence does not masquerade as a Santa! He's a Buddhist! He does Yoga! Can't you tell he's doing a Yoga pose?!?!?

While Clarence has been considering converting to Christianity, he says he doesn't "dig" Santa Claus. He's not into all the materialism...he's a very Zen sort of guy.

I asked Clarence what he thought of this Santa in the new catalog and he shuddered. "What's wrong?" I asked. He simply whispered, "I saw 'Bad Santa' last year and now I'm scared of Santa Claus!"

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:34 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

This is too funny - I hate, did I say hate, I'm sorry meant HATE Clarence the Clown from Jest Friends.

but I LOVE Charming Children!

guess that is the way it goes - but I never watch horror movies, the ones that are mentioned I have never seen!
If you want to leave a great impression - stamp the card yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
You are all SO wrong...Clarence does not masquerade as a Santa! He's a Buddhist! He does Yoga! Can't you tell he's doing a Yoga pose?!?!?

While Clarence has been considering converting to Christianity, he says he doesn't "dig" Santa Claus. He's not into all the materialism...he's a very Zen sort of guy.

I asked Clarence what he thought of this Santa in the new catalog and he shuddered. "What's wrong?" I asked. He simply whispered, "I saw 'Bad Santa' last year and now I'm scared of Santa Claus!"
Poor JanTink - she's just sinking further and further in to denial. They always say it's the ones closest to a person who can't see them clearly - or the short version love is blind. We may have to schedule an intervention but it will have to wait until after we t.p. Brock's mean neighbor lady's house! Which reminds me - has anyone seen an update on Brock today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 07:24 PM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

OMGosh this thread is too funny!
I am glad I am not alone thinking that Santa looks freaky. I have several thoughts about him, but I don't think I would be able to say it. Let's just say I would not let my children sit on that Santa's lap.

The kids, I haven't really looked at them to closely so I had to get my catalog and ohh the boys are weird looking. The girls are cute, but really what would you do with them???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 08:24 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

What about the monkey and the pig from It's a Party? Every time I see that set I just cringe. I don't think anyone could make a card that would make me want to buy this one. But my sister just sold one, so someone must like it. If I had to choose between JBF and the monkey, I'd take the clown - and he's very scary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #50  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Ladies,
Thanks so much for the BIG LAUGH :lol: just before bed!!! I'll be giggling myself to sleep. I just hope I don't have nightmares of Kreepy Kids at the North Pole Circus with Clarence and Combat Boot Santa!!!!

Counting sheep...and there's that bendy leg tree girl...zzzzzzzzzzz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

OMG!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO ROTFLMAO!!!!! I haven't laughed THIS MUCH in AGES!!!! :lol: My hubby is looking at me shaking his head and wondering what is soo funny! I tried explaining but I keep breaking out in laughter trying to fill him in on the whole Kreepy Kids, Clarence, demon Santa and FUNKY MONKEY but I made absolutely NO SENSE between the laughing jags that he finally gave up trying to hear my explanation and decided to go to bed. I told him it was a "SISTAH" thing--an SCS sister that is--and he kind of has to be in the loop to get it. Maybe I'll be able to regain my composure, collect my thoughts, grab the catalog(s) and show him what all the laughter is about. I don't guarantee that I won't break down and begin laughing all over again!! I literally have tears streaming down my face from laughing as hard as I have--thanks to all of you for giving me the best medicine ever on the face of the earth! Laughter is a truly special gift--I really needed a hefty dose of it.
Furph's wife wrote:
Quote:

I am glad I am not alone thinking that Santa looks freaky. I have several thoughts about him, but I don't think I would be able to say it. Let's just say I would not let my children sit on that Santa's lap.
pjbStamper wrote:
Quote:

Poor JanTink - she's just sinking further and further in to denial. They always say it's the ones closest to a person who can't see them clearly - or the short version love is blind. We may have to schedule an intervention
and she wrote the following:
Quote:

The clown thing just doesn't pay in the winter so he picks up a little extra cash as Santa. Can't you just imagine what the picture of a kid sitting on his lap would look like?
Ya'll are just too hilarious! I hate to admit it, but I agree with ya'll about the Kreepy Kids, Demon/Combat Santa, and Funky Monkey--they all REALLY give me the heebie geebies!! :shock: --they would truly make great scary Halloween cards perhaps the Dirty Dozen would be up for the challenge of creating some Halloween "masterpieces" using these sets?--Ha! Ha! JK
My feeling is that one of those kids is going to come to life, have its head spin around and spit green stuff everywhere! Funky Monkey reminds me of those bug-eyed, vest wearing, cymbal-playing, wind-up toys you see in every kid's room in horror flicks--do you which ones I'm referring to? It's enough to keep me awake at night and check under the bed! YIKES! And as for Demon/Combat Satan--OOPS! I mean Combat Santa, enough said!

Again, thanks for the laughs! I can't wait to read everyone else's comments . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 11:55 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Creepy is the Word! Funny that is the description everyone is using. When I saw that set at Convention, I pointed and said "Ewww!" My upline said "Kelly (my sideline) likes that set but I think they are Creepy!"

As far as Santa goes, I think he looks like a Troll! He lives under a bridge somewhere and scares small children.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbstamper
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbarnes
Waterpixie that is because the santa looks like a GNOME! lol
Santa's wearing combat boots! My daughter asked what had happened to him.
I can't believe you people have not figured out that Clarence (where did that name come from?) is the Santa in Magic and Wonder! The clown thing just doesn't pay in the winter so he picks up a little extra cash as Santa. Can't you just imagine what the picture of a kid sitting on his lap would look like? You'd seee his head, the kids head and the bottom of those big ol' ugly combat boots cause his legs are so short they'd stick straight out from the chair.
I am just about to die laughing about this thread to begin with and then Pam...you are cracking me up even harder...my tunny muscles are not at the best state ever and it still hurts a little to laugh this hard!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 01:24 AM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

There must be something about the air this side of the pond

But my Hubby thinks Clarence is the BEST I am making sure he is getting the help he needs

Not sure ny neice agreed when she received a card with him on :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 01:54 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

okay, it's almost 3 am here and I need to go to bed. I'll be back in about 5 hours so try to control yourselves until I get back! I don't want to get too far behind on the laughter and spitting on keyboards, etc!

Goodnight - well, for some of you, maybe I should say good morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:05 AM   #56  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm really starting to worry about Jan now. She's made up an entire life for Clarence. Jan, do we need to call an exorcist for you? Has the clown started possessing you?

Hey ~ is he the clown from Poltergeist? That clown was creapy!! You could do a whole theme Clarence and the Kreepy Kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:14 AM   #57  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

No, Clarence is not the clown from Poltergeist!!! He is one of the GOOD guys, okay?

You people...I don't know...now I know how conspiracy theories get started :shock: Next thing you'll be saying is that Clarence shot JFK! :shock: Or JR! You'll be saying that Hitler didn't really die in the bunker but has been hiding out in the US dressed as...Clarence! None of which is true, but there don't seem to be limit to the lunacy of people when it comes to sweet little ole' clowns like Clarence, who would never hurt a fly...be nice! :lol:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:18 AM   #58  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

You people...I don't know...now I know how conspiracy theories get started :shock: Next thing you'll be saying is that Clarence shot JFK! :shock: Or JR!
ROFLMAO........I knew I recognized Clarence! HE WAS THE GUY ON THE GRASSY KNOLL!!!! Sorry Jan....LOL...

We have a spot where people go camping here, and we call it the "Grassy Knoll" ~ it's in a field, on.......you got it, a grassy knoll!! It's a running joke during the summer about who we spotted on the grassy knoll...ha ha ha.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 AM   #59  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

No, Clarence is not the clown from Poltergeist!!! He is one of the GOOD guys, okay?

You people...I don't know...now I know how conspiracy theories get started :shock: Next thing you'll be saying is that Clarence shot JFK! :shock: Or JR! You'll be saying that Hitler didn't really die in the bunker but has been hiding out in the US dressed as...Clarence! None of which is true, but there don't seem to be limit to the lunacy of people when it comes to sweet little ole' clowns like Clarence, who would never hurt a fly...be nice! :lol:
Hey ~ when did somebody shoot Dale Junior? I thought he was just in an accident, I hadn't heard he was shot. But if he was, it must have been that Clarence because Jan's defending him so strongly. You know what they say "me thinkst thou dost protest too much" ~ are you protecting him? Are you harboring a fugitive?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:34 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

I'm joining this thread late (the next morning) but I too am laughing through tears! I'm so afraid I'll not be able to contain my laughter the first time someone orders the kreepy kids or the combat santa. I'll never be able to keep a straight face!!

Michellle Y :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 05:45 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you gals were going nuts last night! In this whole creepy thread I didn't read one mention of the creepy Christmas tree lady from the holiday mini. She is creepin' me out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:08 AM   #62  
Gallery Gazer

I have a workshop tomorrow night, I'm going to intentionally point out the three sets in question and the first person that uses the words "combat", "creepy" or "funky" is going to win a prize! Y'all are hysterical!!!! The funky monkey set is my LEAST favorite - heck, I don't even want to use favorite in the same sentence! Couldn't believe that was a pre-order item AND I got swaps with it! Ughh! But I like the color combos and that's why I'll hang on to them. As for the other two - Laurel, I like your troll analogy - I'll be calling him Santa Troll. The presents are just to lure the small children to their doom under the bridge! The COTC Kids - well, I didn't exactly find them creepy, but I don't get them either. They can't be too demonic - the one boy is praying! We should develop a story contest! I think Jan is winning so far with the life and times of Clarence!

Keep giggling! It's good for the soul!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 AM   #63  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"The COTC Kids - well, I didn't exactly find them creepy, but I don't get them either. They can't be too demonic - the one boy is praying"

Did you never see that kid Malachi in the movie-he prayed and was still mighty creepy and demonic. :twisted: Maybe he's saying, "Oh Please send some more unsuspecting tourists to our corn fields" and the other says "Oh Yes-send them unto us."
The little girl saying "Oh Hi" is the semi-cute one who lures the people into the fields. She is cute at first, but the more you look at her the more you realize there is *something a little off* about her. The only other little girl is actually the one trying to escape her fate in the fields as she is not on the dark side.

*Can ya' tell I just had some caffeine?*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 AM   #64  
Forum Fanatic

Scary Visual ~ I don't know if y'all have the Target commercial where Kool Aid and the Cheeta from Cheetos and the Gorton Fisherman and Mr. Peanut and others are walking into Target...but......as I read this thread I had a visual of Funky Monkey and Pittiful Pig, Combat Troll Stanta, the Children of the Corn, and the dancing lady all marching into the SU office for a meeting. I watch too much TV.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:18 AM   #65  
SCS Moderator

Hey-leave the pig out if it (the monkey's on his own!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 AM   #66  
Gallery Gazer

Camsmom - after writing the prayer part I realized young Damion (sp?) might be praying to the dark lord for those unsuspecting tourists. Hmmm... I feel a screen play coming on! What were they thinking? Can use this set to make the invitations to the local Halloween haunted house - wherever you may be! Put the spider web from holiday mini behind the praying kid - draw some folded legs on the kid and VOILA! See that is why we are creative types and stampers - can see other uses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

JAN!!! I am seriously wondering about you. However I do think that Clarence i dressed that way because he has something to do with the disapearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Thats it! He knows all about it and he was involved the FBI is out lookign for more info so this guy is hiding as Clarence.

Stampintree actually gave me the best reason to want to buy these three sets! AHHH can you imagine the "game" that can be played in a workshop/stamp camp/or whatever event we have. Oh gosh now that would be hilarious. Just set those babies right up stand them up outside the cases of course (altho the scary thing would be hoping that they don't go walking off on their own and getting into mischief. I mean with Clarence hiding Hoffa and all you never know what they can all do together. Ohhhh I shudder). Wait for the comments to come and the first one to say any of those three buzz words gets to keep them! Or you can give them another prize. Ohhh I just love it.

Clarence, Hoffa it is possible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:06 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

This thread is hilarious! I kind of thought the kids were ok until now! Now I'm a little afraid to open my catalog to page 106! I sure won't leave it open at night! In fact, I may need to weight it down when I go to bed! Is the Oh my little girl running from the corn field in horror as she says that?

I don't like Santa, or Clarence, or ugly cow, ugly pig, ugly monkey. I was really worried when I saw all the pre-order sets from the new catty. Are they all going to look like this? What a relief when it was unveiled and they have some gorgeous new sets to wish for! Whew!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 AM   #69  
SCS Moderator

Oh Stampintree/Theresa-I love that spider idea. I am ordering web wishes, but just can't bring myself to order those kids. Maybe if I get a little extra funny money-maybe just worth it to send some evil cards to people who are naughty!
Except I live near some woods, and those kids might just head out there and do some evil deeds! YIKES! I'll stick to my zombie monkey!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is too funny! I wonder what the SU people would say if they saw this thread... would they make everyone who posted sit and make cards with these sets until we change our minds? I can hear them now - YOU WILL LIKE THE ClOWN, YOU WILL LOVE THOSE KIDS AND YOU'LL HUG THE MONKEY - or we won't let you have the aqua painters you ordered!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:17 AM   #71  
SCS Moderator

As I was writing about the demonic COTC kids, I wa swondering the same thing. I hope the artist doesn't hang out here-they would put a curse on all of us!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:23 AM   #72  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for the idea encouragement! Now I've got all these other ideas and I should be working on my workshop prep! I'm sitting here chuckling - weigh down the catty - boy starting some nightmares here aren't we! I do like Zombie Monkey better than funky - the only thing I like out of that set is the invitation stamp! I do like Rhyme Time - like the Victorian look. Oooooh! Put Damion behind some mesh! THERE - it will be like he's caged or behind bars! Do ya think any SU execs monitor these sites? Pheww! Are they getting an earful! "OH MY!" That's it ladies - just put some mesh over those strange sets and they won't escape from the catalog. I do have an imagination and I won't be surprised if I end up sharing some bizarre dream with y'all tomorrow!
Looking at Santa Troll again - I think the mouse has bitten into his foot - that is why his eyes are all surprised looking - they might be combat boots - but they aren't new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #73  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

I'm just reelin' in shock that I revealed my age by making a "Dallas" reference and that Kymbers_Stampin thinks I was talking about Dale Earhart (sp?) JR :lol: ...I was talking about JR, you know, the guy that Larry Hagman played on "Dallas". He got shot at the end of one television season and they didn't let you know who shot him until the new season, so everyone was saying, "Who shot JR?" all summer long, LOL! Of course, that was probably before Kymbers_Stampin was even born!!!

And, Renee, Clarence had nothing ot do with Hoffa's disappearance! Everybody around Detroit knows that Hoffa ended up under the Rennaissance Center buried in cement when they were pouring the foundations! Clarence was miles away then, living in California!!! At least, that's what he says!

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #74  
SCS Moderator

I caught that earlier JanTink-of course it was JR from Dallas-I didn't get the other posting for a bit!!! I laughed when I tried to figure out the connection.
Must go and stamp my gray hair-basic black is waterproof, right?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

At least, that's what he says!
Jan - I'm soooooooo relieved to know that your eyes are opening to the awful truth about Clarence and the doubts are starting to surface. Don't worry - we're all here to support you while you go through the emotional upheaval that comes with the lies and betrayal of a loved one.

Everyone else - well, it looks like the intervention for Jan is off - or at least postponed - which will give us more time for the SCS tp party at the house of Brock's nasty-neighbor-lady! (he's not even my child and I'm still disgusted with that woman!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2004, 05:34 AM   #76  
Forum Fanatic

Jan, I was born, but that show was on past my bed time. It started when I was still in elementry school. The scary thing, I was in elementry school when it started and my daughter was born the year it ended. That's a long running show that I remember NOTHING about. Probably because it was on Friday nights while I was misspending my youth.

I still think Clarence is creepy. Clowns are creepy. And I still think it was him in Poltergiest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2004, 05:47 AM   #77  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Now, I'm not having doubts about Clarence! He says California, but his memory of that time is very spotty. Clarence was part of the Free Love movement at Berkley, and he took a little taste of LSD. It gave him a really BAD trip and he decided then and there to renounce recreational drugs and alchohol. But the marijuana he smoked back then messed up his short term memory, so the memories of where he was when Jimmy Hoffa disappeared are just not reliable at all, at all. But that doesn't mean he had anything to do with it!

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2004, 06:31 AM   #78  
Kookie Creator

ladies, we're missing another creepy stamp...it has been lurking in the catalog since last year....just waiting for you to open up to its page.....and come out in the middle of the night and ...aaaaahhhhh. that stamp is the the scary, evil frosty from "a beautiful season" on page 50. It creeped me out last year, and I can't believe it made it this year--sure, it's mixed in with other harmless stamps, but we know it's that snowman from the movie that came out a few years ago(for the life of me I can't remember the name of it) the one where the snowman went out killing people--his eyes turned red... yuck--creepy-----ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

The movies you guys watch! Wow! I like that snowman - I'm actually using that set for Christmas cards this year!

Clarence, Clarence - what a life! Jan, you are keeping this all in a journal - aren't you? I'm a volunteer storyteller - part of the Taylor Co. Tale Tellers here in Perry, FL. You need to keep track of Clarence's life! Can I have your permission and of the others that have contributed to Clarence's life to print out your card samples and share the story? It's been incredible! Maybe you can even sell it to SU! I'm truly impressed!

Keep up the great works!

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsd
but we know it's that snowman from the movie that came out a few years ago(for the life of me I can't remember the name of it) the one where the snowman went out killing people--his eyes turned red... yuck--creepy-----ugh!
The movie was Jack Frost and they actually made a second one..lol

you guys are too much. Yes the kids are creepy but i like the pig and monkey.

i think the one to really keep your eyes on is the yorkie in puppy love
Reply With Quote Likes