Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2005, 06:16 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually make one or two cards first to see if I like it then if I do then I will make several of the one in an assembly line....

I do make special cards that I only make one of as well but they are not as often...Mothers Day, Fathers Day, my kids and husbands birthdays....

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 07:46 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Smart to keep one!

I never think to do that and I can't remember all of the cards that I have made. I am usually a one-carder kind of girl, but just recently I did 20 baby announcements mass production style and it was TONS easier than one at a time. And I could convince my friends to help because cutting out squares or stamping an image is lots less intimidating than doing a whole card! Do whatever makes you happy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Production line all the way...min of 4 at a time, max is 12 - usually. I sell a lot of my cards and send to other states to friends/relatives that sell for me so MASS production is only way to go.

LOL - even made 4 b-day cards for DH last night (b-day today) LOL - realized what I was doing in time to make each one a "little" different then put one in his car/one in lunch box/one on pillow/one on the table...LOL

If it's free, it's advice;
if it costs $$, it's counseling;
if it WORKS! It's a Miracle!!

A~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #44  
Inking Addict

Default some of both here....

I will play with and "tweak" an idea that I have in my head until I find a design I REALLY like...then I generally make about 6 of the same...

At Christmas I do assembly line. I tried doing a dozen of several designs one year but then had a heck of a time deciding who got which card ! That was too stressful so am doing all the same the last few years. LOL

Right now I am doing baby thank you notes for a gift. 15 of 2 different designs to give them 30 cards.

Somedays working in a "mindless" environment of assembly line is exactly what I need ! Other days I create like a mad woman !

I also visit the galleries and CASE some cards and then the ideas flow from those samples and I end up with a card of my own !

A couple years ago I quit putting anything inside the card till I am ready to send it. The outsides are general categories...floral, male looking, etc.

Everyone does what suits them best ! No one way is "right" ! Thank goodness !

Have a blessed, creative day !
L;o)ri-Belle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely a single card maker. I very seldom make multiples of any card and almost never (except Christmas) at the same time. Typically, my cards are tailored for the recipient so I never use a cookie cutter approach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

I do both. Things like thank you notes where you need them in a quick time frame, I do production. I do a bunch of other basic need cards as production, but do some special ones when there is warning....and a stamping mom who will appreciate it. ;)

Never ask a woman her age, weight or how many stamp sets she owns. She will lie about all of them.
*Goal: weight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesno
When I make my Christmas cards it is a production line. Most of the time I make my cards one at a time.
Ditto. I might occasionally make 2 or 3 of a card if I really like how it turned out but usually just one.

Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #48  
Inking Addict

Default for birthdays, etc...

With that big long post above I don't feel I covered all my bases so here is a bit of clarification:

I do tailor make cards for friends/relatives birthdays and anniversaries. Those I know of in advance and have time to do it for. I design to fit their personality and likes. But if I find I really, really like one I make for them then I make another to keep on hand as an idea starter....or as a RAK card that is needed ASAP, type thing. Even with RAK's, though, I try to find out if the person likes a certain animal, theme, etc. if I can. My "stash" was depleted this summer so am working on building it back up.

Maybe I am more of a 'one card at a time' maker than I thought I was !!!!

Also, I do put sentiments on the fronts of my cards sometimes but they are generally "thinking of you", "Sending a hug", etc.. My current fav is: "Joy is where you find it". Then add Happy birthday or whatever in the inside later.

Blessings, Lori-Belle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 05:51 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiona
Ally is talking about me - it makes me sound really anal doesn't it
What she should have said was that I do all the coloring in when I'm away on my hols - that way I don't have to take too much away with me. I then keep all the designs ready for when the whim takes me. It came in very handy - I had colored a peeloff of a land rover car with twinkling H2O's and a friend wanted a card for a boy who was mad on land rovers - so that was nice and easy. I am capable of free thinking and making a card from start to finish - but I like to keep some stuff in reserve for emergencies
I also keep some sizzix stuff ready done so I can try it out and see if I like it on a card. It means I am more likely to remember what I've got and use more of my stuff.
It wasn't a dig Fi honest.
I wish I could be more like you, but if I make in advance I forget what I have. I can only get inspired by having the finished card in my head. I just don't get excited by having bits and pieces in a box.
But I am envious of the way Fi works, because if she needs a card in a hurry she can look at something she has previously done and turn it into a great card, whereas I can't do that I have to start completely from scratch and sometimes it takes ages and sometimes nothing comes to me when I am desperate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 AM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

I need to get into more of a production line mode. I rarely make more than 4 cards at a time, more than that in one sitting is an arduous process for me!

One thing I do to have a record of what I've made (and something to work off of if I want to make similar cards in the future) is to take digital pictures. I have just about all the cards I've made stored on the computer. I have them listed by set and pull them up if I need to look at one.
Reply With Quote Likes