Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #81  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 854 Likes on 281 Posts
Default PLEASE REMOVE

Mods...please remove the post that has the SU sneak peek pdf just below this. Whoever isn't a demo seems to be BRAND SPANKIN NEW to the forums and has no respect for a company's requests. Which in turn leads me to have no respect for the person.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #82  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess us purple fans should be thankful for rich raspberry, not very purply though. Really guys, how many turquoises and oranges does this world need. Throw us a bone and give us a real new purple. We've been starving so long, it may even sell out!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #83  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked out the link to the preview, and am most excited about the In Color package deal! I've bought the whole thing every year and paid more than they're offering it for this time. Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #84  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
Mods...please remove the post that has the SU sneak peek pdf just below this. Whoever isn't a demo seems to be BRAND SPANKIN NEW to the forums and has no respect for a company's requests. Which in turn leads me to have no respect for the person.
It has been posted twice before in this thread this announcement from SU:

"Please note: With the exception of Sneak Peek products, you may not post the catalog, any pages of the catalog, or information about any of the products featured in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog on any Internet site or location until July 1, 2009."

If I'm not mistaken, "with the exception of Sneak Peak products" that means demos can share the sneak peeks.

As for anyone who is upset that more is not being revealed, my friend who is a demo (that can't afford to attend the conventions) is upset when there are lots of unofficial sneak peeks on the web. I used to send her links so she could see what was going to be in the new catalogs. Customers would be asking her about sets she had not even seen!

I think the leaking got out of hand and SU is just trying to reign it back in.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #85  
Die Cut Diva

I am sitting here reading thru this thread and going uhm uhm why are people getting so huffy because either they can't see the new stuff or that someone has. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong and its all in jest.. if it is then I'm sorry to have offended anyone.. but ya know what its like when you were a kid.. doncha remember that far back? when it was Christmas time and the anticipation of Santa arriving? Well ok we are now adults or erm some of us are *straightens hair* and that is our "Santa" to some. So if people get excited over it.. let them have their moment.. but dont come, and again if it is in jest accept my apology now, across all in a pffffffft mood.. There was one post about going back to the demo's side, yikes.. that came to me harsh and I thought wowzer you're human andso is the person you are saying that to. And as far as asking the mods to remove the PDF. Uhm by the time that they do, IF they do 100 people have saved it to their desk top or printed or emailed it... a little late, but if it is a legal thingy then guess they have to.

Personally to hear about the markers I'm happy.. I like that fact other than buying blenders and making the "In" colors a marker and having to buy extra reinkers..

Anyways *gets off soap box* this is to be a relaxed place not a mud slinging place... I come to look at cards.. get ideas.. save "some" faves *giggles* and of course drool over the creations that people do. Oh yeah and I sit in the morning and drink LOTS of coffee while doing it.. Try to just remember that there are real people on the other sides of these wonderful inventions of computers and those real people have feelings too. So if you dont want it said back to you then *shrugs* watch out it is said on here... because it can come across wrong, which a lot of time on the net it does and if you haven't spoken to the person on here to know them.

*smiles and holds up coffee* see I'm drinking my coffee.. have a good day everyone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 AM   #86  
Inking Addict

I think it's a real shame that SU can't issue sneaky peaks to the general public ie their customers, it wouldn't do them any harm and would boast sales if you ask me.

Yes it's a perk being a demo to get the info before anyone else but why not tempt us with something... most normal companies work this way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 AM   #87  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLadyView Post
We can mention sneak peek products...In Color Markers! And In Color polka dot ribbon! And In Color textured 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock!

oh wow are you americans getting markers in the in colour range, woohoo, send some down under please. with matching ribbon woohoo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I also removed all the polkadot ribbons from my order as $9.95 is just too steep..I also saved a lot by doing that. A big error on their part...I wonder if anyone was able to get it for the price they listed? I just cant see paying $10.00 for one roll of ribbon...I might pick them up later one at a time...the Markers are the biggest news...YEEHAH!

You guys are kidding yeh, Your SU ribbon is $10.00 a roll and you are complaining, well dont come to australia and buy any SU products from a works shop because they are $19.95 per roll her in our caddie. And it sells like hot cakes. So much for a global recession. They auta borrow some money from the flippen exchange rates. mate at $10. i would buy 2 of them. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #89  
Stampin' Fool

WOW, GUYS, thanks for sharing, they are really pretty, colours and the ribbons and markers, gee its going to be a long 17 months until they come down under, well just will have too wait. Maybe we might get them in one of the next 5 mini cats until we get our next cattie.

anyways, going to go and show my friends so we can all cry together lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 AM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Hey, there has to be some advantage to being a demo -- otherwise why would anyone sign up? ;) Advance notice of new product before the general public sees it is a perk of being a rep for *any* company, not just direct-sales papercrafting. Want the sneak peeks, become a demo!
Plus it takes time to make all the samples and projects we have at workshops/classes. It's only fair that we get stuff ahead of time to prepare for YOU our customers! SU! doesn't give us anything, we have to create it all...and for people like me who have a full time job it takes a LOT of time!!!! It's really one of the reasons I signed up! Sneak peeks are cool. But you guys don't have to wait much longer, less than a month now and you'll get to see everything. Patience is a virtue!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I just checked out the link to the preview, and am most excited about the In Color package deal! I've bought the whole thing every year and paid more than they're offering it for this time. Yeah!
Oh and don't shoot the messenger here but I'm pretty sure the bundle price is just for demos. So I think you will all have to buy them all separate. Now don't hate...again, a perk of being a demo. I you all got what we got, no one would need to be a demo. And this is one reason the sneak peek shouldn't have been posted, so you don't get all excited about something that most likely won't be offered. Again, please don't shoot!!!!! :confused:

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Oh and don't shoot the messenger here but I'm pretty sure the bundle price is just for demos. So I think you will all have to buy them all separate. Now don't hate...again, a perk of being a demo. I you all got what we got, no one would need to be a demo. And this is one reason the sneak peek shouldn't have been posted, so you don't get all excited about something that most likely won't be offered. Again, please don't shoot!!!!! :confused:
You took the words out of my mouth. This bundle is for demos only. It won't be offered this way in the catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #93  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

ummm...I'm pretty sure SU said "with the EXCEPTION of sneak peak"...

and seriously, this happens every new catalog. This message board is NOT owned by Stampin Up - it's a public Internet Message Board... :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #94  
Stampin' Fool

Wow....even though I had access to that link, I didn't post it. MAINLY because those prices, etc are NOT for the customers! Those are special prices for demos, so by posting a link to it, people are thinking they are getting it for that price! Most of those prices are 20% off for DEMOS to buy during the sneak peek. Some things aren't (accessories, paper), so don't get excited about that In Color Bundle or some of the stamp set prices. Those aren't the GP prices. Just wanted to clarify that before people started getting excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 AM   #95  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
Wow....even though I had access to that link, I didn't post it. MAINLY because those prices, etc are NOT for the customers! Those are special prices for demos, so by posting a link to it, people are thinking they are getting it for that price! Most of those prices are 20% off for DEMOS to buy during the sneak peek. Some things aren't (accessories, paper), so don't get excited about that In Color Bundle or some of the stamp set prices. Those aren't the GP prices. Just wanted to clarify that before people started getting excited!

Yes, especially don't get excited about stamp set prices, those are an extra 20% off for us demos (above our normal 20%) The bundle will not be offered for sale like that...I was going to add that the ribbon was priced wrong on the PDF, but they fixed it, those ribbons are in fact 9.95.

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #96  

Received 854 Likes on 281 Posts

SU said we can talk about the items in the sneak peek. Just like the cruise achievers got tell us non achievers that we will love the ribbon, and the in colors, etc.... but that was a bout as specific as it got until the rest of us got to see the pdf just before we had the opportunity to order.

I have more issue with the fact that whoever this "castampinfun" is, they seemed to create a user account specifically for this purpose.

Plus I asked the mods, I didn't ,that the post be removed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

I'm a demo....and I love SU!!!!! I'm sorry to see many who think the prices are too high, I really feel they value in having sets is wonderful. If I have a set, I know it will coordinate and I can change it around to do lots of different styles of cards with out too much brain power! As for the unmounted...did you know SU use to have that option, many moons ago? I'm sure if it was a money maker they would have stuck with it. I think the average SU stamper likes the wood mounted rubber, so that is what they offer. There are so many stamps companies and so many choices, everyone can find exactly what fits them...and not bash the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

SU said we can talk about the items in the sneak peek. Just like the cruise achievers got tell us non achievers that we will love the ribbon, and the in colors, etc.... but that was a bout as specific as it got until the rest of us got to see the pdf just before we had the opportunity to order.

I have more issue with the fact that whoever this "castampinfun" is, they seemed to create a user account specifically for this purpose.

Plus I asked the mods, I didn't ,that the post be removed.
Did you click on the little asterisk for the post? When you do that a message goes out to all mods of the forum. Just posting the request in the thread doesn't mean it will be seen.

If you did report it and it hasn't been removed, then I guess they feel it isn't breaking the rules.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2graceView Post
I'm a demo....and I love SU!!!!! I'm sorry to see many who think the prices are too high, I really feel the value in having sets is wonderful. If I have a set, I know it will coordinate and I can change it around to do lots of different styles of cards with out too much brain power! As for the unmounted...did you know SU use to have that option, many moons ago? I'm sure if it was a money maker they would have stuck with it. I think the average SU stamper likes the wood mounted rubber, so that is what they offer. There are so many stamps companies and so many choices, everyone can find exactly what fits them...and not bash the others.
I'm a demo too and I wholeheartedly agree with you on all points . I didn't know that SU offered unmounted rubber before, thanks for the bit of trivia .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok so on the topic of prices being too high - wood mounted stamps are just more expensive (have you looked at your local craft store lately?) Here's just one example of a set of 4 wood mounted (looks pretty small) set:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...lters=_stamps_

Notice the price? $20.00 which is probably a little more than SU! for a set of 4 smallish stamps but with S&H probably about the same. Just one example...

Ok another poster said something about SU!s prices being higher to support demos. I don't think that is true. Think about Hobby Lobby for example - they sell their products at a price higher than they buy them for to turn a profit & pay employees. That is no different from SU! - demos are very much like employees as SU! has no store front. Just a thought.

I had a final thought but couldn't remember it now. Although I am a demo I do agree that taunting about new products really isn't fair although someone cleared that issue right up by posting the PDF. If you want the same benefits (ex: sneak peak pricing, In Color Bundle pricing) as a demo, become a demo...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
......I had a final thought but couldn't remember it now. Although I am a demo I do agree that taunting about new products really isn't fair although someone cleared that issue right up by posting the PDF. If you want the same benefits (ex: sneak peak pricing, In Color Bundle pricing) as a demo, become a demo...
Don't you just HATE that, lol??? Happens to me all the time. One of my favorite expressions is, "I had a train of thought but it left the station without me."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default sneak peak

I agree that the SU stamp sets have been going up in price over the last couple of years. I love SU- I have been using unmounted stamps myself, and would love to just buy the rubber with no blocks and no box!

I do use all SU paper and inks, but do buy from a variety of stamp companies for images. I really want to add that the catalog going back to one a year (instead of two a year) makes me very happy! i wonder what they will do with the little seasonal fliers now.....?

As for the sneak peak- the colors are bright.....I love the brown- cannot wait to see them in person and LOVE that SU added markers! I am sure once I start seeing the colors in combination/made up in a card, I may like them more.

In the 'old' days, as soon as the catalog came out, I had to place my order....now, I wait and watch...some sets I 'had to have' I watch and see the cards other people make and on occasion, I do not need the set anymore.....and sometimes a set I did not care for- I end up NEEDING when I see samples. I do wish SU would do sneak peaks like most of the other companies with samples posted- it really does build up the anticipation for us who do not sell it.......on the other hand, I imagine I would save my $$$ for the new stuff and not order retiring stamp sets if I had the choice. I guess it is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #103  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Well that's just mean...

I'm not sure which is meaner - that only the demos get to see the sneak peek or that there are threads like this one that show off the fact that only demos get to see and tease the rest of us! :lol:
try this link. i found it in another area.

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document..._0609FINAL.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #104  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I also removed all the polkadot ribbons from my order as $9.95 is just too steep..I also saved a lot by doing that. A big error on their part...I wonder if anyone was able to get it for the price they listed? I just cant see paying $10.00 for one roll of ribbon...I might pick them up later one at a time...the Markers are the biggest news...YEEHAH!
sprtchick,

I can tell you first hand that SU! did not make good on their pdf error. I didn't realize that I was over-charged until my order was submitted. I e-mailed them immediately, but of course didn't hear back. My order was submitted at 2:17 a.m. SU time. By the time they opened in the morning the pdf was pulled and a notice was put on the website. I called them (just knowing that they would somehow make it right), and here's the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting us with your additional comments and request regarding the items you ordered that were priced incorrectly. We apologize for this situation. As hard as we try to get everything right, from time to time we have pricing errors. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. However, in this case, the correct prices were shown on the sneak peek landing page and in OEX, so we will not be issuing any refunds or making any price adjustments. The corrected PDF should be posted on the landing page shortly. We are sorry for the confusion.

Also, because your order has been closed, we are unable to make any changes to the order. Once payment for an order has been submitted and the order is closed we are unable to make any changes to the order. We are sorry.

Thank you again for contacting us. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Stampin' Up!R
Demonstrator Support"

When I called to see about just canceling my order, so that I could re order without the ribbon, I was told, "Sorry, it's in submitted status, so that's not an option."

NOT HAPPY!

Sorry, and I NEVER post negative posts. Never have about anything, but this just really burns me up.

Live and learn...and WATCH EACH PRICE! Don't get caught up in just entering item # so your order can get in line that you neglect to take caution in checking EVERYTHING.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #105  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2contentstampinView Post
Thanks for letting me vent.
Oh no! That's not cool. :( How much was the price difference? Maybe you can split the rolls with someone to help defray the cost?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

So you are mad because you rushed through your order, and didn't notice that OEX had a different price than the preview brochure? There is a chance in OEX to review your order, and agree to the prices. I'm sorry, but I agree with SU. They don't owe you a discount on the refund, and their policy on canceling orders was the same for you as it is for everyone else. If you are unhappy with the purchase you can exchange it for different merchandise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #107  
Inking Addict

I saw the new In-colours on the Scraptitude website but that SU link really showed me how gorgeous the new colours are.

Crap, now I have to spend a lot more money...oh well, at least I have a whole year to pace myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #108  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
So you are mad because you rushed through your order, and didn't notice that OEX had a different price than the preview brochure? There is a chance in OEX to review your order, and agree to the prices. I'm sorry, but I agree with SU. They don't owe you a discount on the refund, and their policy on canceling orders was the same for you as it is for everyone else. If you are unhappy with the purchase you can exchange it for different merchandise.
actually she has a right to be upset. I just had the same thing with PTI. Basically it is illegal to charge your credit card without asking. They have to notify you of the change and give you the option to cancel. Without giving you the option to cancel they in effect, are breaking agreements they have with Visa and MC. According to my CC company you can dispute the charge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #109  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
actually she has a right to be upset. I just had the same thing with PTI. Basically it is illegal to charge your credit card without asking. They have to notify you of the change and give you the option to cancel. Without giving you the option to cancel they in effect, are breaking agreements they have with Visa and MC. According to my CC company you can dispute the charge.
I don't think she can dispute the charge based on the fact that we are required to confirm our purchase before it goes through. The wrong prices were only listed on the PDF. As the email received states, the prices were correct in OEX and on the landing page.

PTI's issue is slightly different, but an innocent mistake. The incorrect price was entered when it was added to the shopping cart...after seeing the correct price on the stamp set's page. I added a comment in the appropriate section when placing my order that I wanted to pay the full price...seemed like the honest thing to do. It seems like taking advantage of human error to me. (Ducking)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #110  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TornadogirlView Post
I saw the new In-colours on the Scraptitude website but that SU link really showed me how gorgeous the new colours are.

Crap, now I have to spend a lot more money...oh well, at least I have a whole year to pace myself.
I got my sneak peek this morning and the colors truly are more gorgeous in person! I knew I'd like them from what I saw online, but seeing them just confirmed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #111  
Stampin' Fool

I can't tell you how tired I am hearing about unmounted stamps.....It goes on and on......
every thread seems to end up talking about it.....there are companies that offer them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
I don't think she can dispute the charge based on the fact that we are required to confirm our purchase before it goes through. The wrong prices were only listed on the PDF. As the email received states, the prices were correct in OEX and on the landing page.

PTI's issue is slightly different, but an innocent mistake. The incorrect price was entered when it was added to the shopping cart...after seeing the correct price on the stamp set's page. I added a comment in the appropriate section when placing my order that I wanted to pay the full price...seemed like the honest thing to do. It seems like taking advantage of human error to me. (Ducking)
Had PTI emailed me about it I would have approved it. The fact that I wasn't on for the release, and that I got an emailed receipt from them with the incorrect price on it and no email saying "hey we made a mistake" they just assumed that it was OK is what I have a problem with. They asked those who paid with paypal but didn't ask those who paid with credit card. I had no idea there was an error until my CC was charged. Really unprofessional. what kills me is that I have to pay to return the stamp set if I don't want it on principle so they get away with it either way.

In this case, if SU! had the correct price in the cart, then yeah, she should have noticed. Of course, since I'm not a demo, I didn't realize this was the case.

You don't have to duck, if they had emailed me I wouldn't have had a problem with it. It is the pompus CS that PTI has been giving to people lately that is wearing on me and I'm sad that I really don't even want to spend money with them anymore but I love their sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #113  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpstamperView Post
I can't tell you how tired I am hearing about unmounted stamps.....It goes on and on......
every thread seems to end up talking about it.....there are companies that offer them....
DITTO! If they want their SU stamps unmounted, then unmount them already! If they have to pay for something they're not using (blocks and the case), so be it. There are so many companies out there that offer unmounted, support them instead. I, myself prefer wood mounted rubber and clear stamps (like PTI ;)).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpstamperView Post
Yeah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #115  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
Had PTI emailed me about it I would have approved it. The fact that I wasn't on for the release, and that I got an emailed receipt from them with the incorrect price on it and no email saying "hey we made a mistake" they just assumed that it was OK is what I have a problem with. They asked those who paid with paypal but didn't ask those who paid with credit card. I had no idea there was an error until my CC was charged. Really unprofessional. what kills me is that I have to pay to return the stamp set if I don't want it on principle so they get away with it either way.

In this case, if SU! had the correct price in the cart, then yeah, she should have noticed. Of course, since I'm not a demo, I didn't realize this was the case.

You don't have to duck, if they had emailed me I wouldn't have had a problem with it. It is the pompus CS that PTI has been giving to people lately that is wearing on me and I'm sad that I really don't even want to spend money with them anymore but I love their sets.
I should add that I agree with you on the PTI issue...it would have been nice had they honored the price, wouldn't it? Those of us who encountered the error were the ones who stayed up for the midnight release. I'm okay with having paid the full price, but when the cart says something, it says something, doesn't it? By the time I checked out, the price had already been corrected, but oh well. Love my new goodies, whether they be PTI or SU or whatever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #116  
Glitter Queen

Default PDF Price Error

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
I was not on the landing page when it was corrected. I was on the OEX page waiting for it to go live. I kept reloading and when it went up, I started placing my order. The error cost me an additional $29.70. Thank you for your frank comment. I based my shopping list on the pdf that SU! provided, same as if you plan your grocery shopping list based on the sale ad. When you get to the store, and are in a hurry, sometimes prices come up wrong, and you don't notice it until after check-out is complete. What do you do then? You go to Customer Service and they stand behind their sale ad prices. It has only happened to me once or twice at the grocery store where I've had to go to Customer Service after check-out, but I CANNOT imagine them telling me...too bad sister, you already paid for it.

Yes, I have the option to return it for merchandise credit, but I still hold to the opinion that it could have been handled differently. OEX went live around 2:05 a.m. SU! time. My order was submitted at 2:17 a.m. SU! time. There was no updated pdf notice posted to the site. I feel like it was my order; which I e-mailed them about promptly, and perhaps others who had been caught up in early ordering process.

Thanks again for letting me vent. As mentioned in my earlier post. In over a year of being a demo, NEVER have I said one negative thing about SU!

2contentstampin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #117  
Glitter Queen

I have to add though...I am still very excited about the new products, and the new catalog hype just makes it that much more exciting to be a Demo. It let wind out of my sails, but I love SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #118  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I was not on the landing page when it was corrected. I was on the OEX page waiting for it to go live. I kept reloading and when it went up, I started placing my order. The error cost me an additional $29.70. Thank you for your frank comment. I based my shopping list on the pdf that SU! provided, same as if you plan your grocery shopping list based on the sale ad. When you get to the store, and are in a hurry, sometimes prices come up wrong, and you don't notice it until after check-out is complete. What do you do then? You go to Customer Service and they stand behind their sale ad prices. It has only happened to me once or twice at the grocery store where I've had to go to Customer Service after check-out, but I CANNOT imagine them telling me...too bad sister, you already paid for it.

Yes, I have the option to return it for merchandise credit, but I still hold to the opinion that it could have been handled differently. OEX went live around 2:05 a.m. SU! time. My order was submitted at 2:17 a.m. SU! time. There was no updated pdf notice posted to the site. I feel like it was my order; which I e-mailed them about promptly, and perhaps others who had been caught up in early ordering process.

Thanks again for letting me vent. As mentioned in my earlier post. In over a year of being a demo, NEVER have I said one negative thing about SU!

2contentstampin
I'd never thought about it in that way...thanks for casting it in a different light. Don't you hate it when the wrong price rings up at the grocery store? I usually have my kids with me, realize it on the way to the car, etc. and at that point it just isn't worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #119  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

2contentstampin

If they offered a credit, and you were unhappy about the price I think you should have taken it. We have seen mistakes before and we will see mistakes again.
I think this issue should have been discussed in the demo forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #120  
Glitter Queen

No credit was offered. I was told that the $29.70 would not be returned to me, and I could not cancel my order. The only thing left to do would be to return it for merchandise credit once I receive it. Bummer.
Reply With Quote Likes