Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

you can see the new colors at the scraptitude web site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Well that's just mean...

I'm not sure which is meaner - that only the demos get to see the sneak peek or that there are threads like this one that show off the fact that only demos get to see and tease the rest of us! :lol:
You know, I really don't blame you for feeling "unloved" here, lol.... honestly I think threads like this probably shouldn't even be started. I mean, what's the point? This is probably one of the reasons SU said that pictures and descriptions of new products were to be kept off the web.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
I think Amuse makes cute wood mounted stamps, but in no way are they more affordable than SU. I just get a little tired of people talking about how expensive SU is, and then comparing it to clear stamps when they aren't remotely the same type of product. And, if you compare the price per stamp to most wood mounted stamps they are the same or better priced.
Just have to mention that to many people, they are the same product. They are stamps. They stamp beautiful images. You can get just as high quality images for much less elsewhere. I'm just sayin'.... whether or not it is the same "product," is a matter of opinion.

To me, a stamp is a stamp is a stamp -- because it's the image that I'm buying. And other superb quality rubber stamps that just come with cling foam are the same to me because that's how I use SU stamps ;) .

Thought that explanation might help for those who don't understand why we say SU is priced too high
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
You know, I really don't blame you for feeling "unloved" here, lol.... honestly I think threads like this probably shouldn't even be started. I mean, what's the point? This is probably one of the reasons SU said that pictures and descriptions of new products were to be kept off the web.

Yeah, and without pics to back up what they say...it's just pathetic,lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #45  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I like SU, of course, as I'm a demo, but I'm also an equal opportunity stamper. Nancy probably thinks that I'm stalking her but I really love her Shady Tree Studio line of stamps and use them a lot. I like to color and her line allows me that. I love Kim Hughes stamps too. I like my scripture stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I say let stampers be stampers and buy what they want. Some who sell SU are strictly SU. My upline is 1000% SU and being a demo myself, I should probably have that same attitude so that I truly learn to use their products, but there's just so much out there and I love it all!

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Ha, it is taking me back to high school a bit. "We know the prom theme because we're on the prom committee! Would love to tell you, but....!"

And isn't this why they have a demo side to SCS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
I like SU, of course, as I'm a demo, but I'm also an equal opportunity stamper. Nancy probably thinks that I'm stalking her but I really love her Shady Tree Studio line of stamps and use them a lot. I like to color and her line allows me that. I love Kim Hughes stamps too. I like my scripture stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I say let stampers be stampers and buy what they want. Some who sell SU are strictly SU. My upline is 1000% SU and being a demo myself, I should probably have that same attitude so that I truly learn to use their products, but there's just so much out there and I love it all!
Oohhh... yes, stalk those stamps, Cindy!! I love the support and encouragement from people who are enjoying the stamps .

Also, I also was disappointed to find that the sneaks talked about were just for demos. You see, I'm always interested in seeing what the new catalogs looks like - I never give up hope that there will be something great! Not just stamps - accessories, etc., too.

I don't see why the sneak peeks are brought up here in General Stamping unless there are peeks available to the general public. I'm sure there's plenty of new catalog chatter on the demo side!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Just have to mention that to many people, they are the same product. They are stamps. They stamp beautiful images. You can get just as high quality images for much less elsewhere. I'm just sayin'.... whether or not it is the same "product," is a matter of opinion.

To me, a stamp is a stamp is a stamp -- because it's the image that I'm buying. And other superb quality rubber stamps that just come with cling foam are the same to me because that's how I use SU stamps ;) .

Thought that explanation might help for those who don't understand why we say SU is priced too high
I wasn't trying to say that one is better than the other, but that there are different production cost involved, possible issues of longevity (notice I said possible), one comes with a mount, etc. So you can't really compare the price of a clear stamp and a wood mounted rubber stamp as one costs more to produce, and therefore you have to charge more to make a profit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #49  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Scraptitude has the new In Colors listed. Know colors aren't 100% true but usually pretty close. Can't Wait!!!
Thanks, they look yummy! With matching markers, I'm just might get them this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

my best friend is a su demo, so i always get to see the sneak peaks...i will be helping her play with her new goodies next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #51  
Inking Addict

I was almost hoping I wouldn't like the new In Colours but darn it...they're fabulous....sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Ha, it is taking me back to high school a bit. "We know the prom theme because we're on the prom committee! Would love to tell you, but....!"

Thank you...why not oooh and aaah over on the demo side? That's another perk you have!

As far as the expensive debate for SU...here's my take:

I usually only like one maybe two of the stamps in a set, so then I have to purchase the whole set. However, even thought individual stamps are more expensive, I might only buy one or two in the $6-10 range for wood-mounted rather than an entire set for $30. I think that is where the less expensive part comes in. Also, SU has to support payouts to its demos, so the prices are going to be higher. More overhead than some of these smaller companies.

Nancy

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_dView Post
I too have been asking and asking that they offer an option to buy unmounted stamps--cheaper, greener, and less storage. I wish they would offer it and see--seems easy enough to offer both options and let customers choose.
They've been asking for unmounteds since I was a demo nearly ten years ago! I'm actually very surprised that they still haven't made it an option.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

The minute I heard SU went precut, I knew prices would sky rocket. It was their excuse to raise their prices. Imagine how expensive sets are for us in Canada, and abroad.

Thanks for the heads up re Scraptitude showing the new in-colours. I was just on their site using it last night, but didn't scroll to the bottom. I'm in love with the new colours. I can honestly say this will be the first time I will order a pkg of each colour and will stock up before they retire!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I wasn't trying to say that one is better than the other, but that there are different production cost involved, possible issues of longevity (notice I said possible), one comes with a mount, etc. So you can't really compare the price of a clear stamp and a wood mounted rubber stamp as one costs more to produce, and therefore you have to charge more to make a profit.
Why would they have to be clear? Just sell the rubber die and some cling cusion.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Just as an FYI, we can't show the sneak peeks online anywhere, but demos will be receiving their catties starting tomorrow (for those that expedited). We can share the catalog with our customers in person. It's killing a lot of demos up in Canada that can't expedite that they won't be seeing their catties for a while. And we aren't allowed to even post 'messy desk' pictures this time. It's killing the demos too. And the reason some of us demos check out these threads is to see if there are any questions we can answer or if there is something that needs clarification. I know when I was a customer I was SO anxious to see the new catties. That's just one of the reasons I signed up to be a demo...so I could see stuff early and get a discount!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I'm not a demo - I was just a lucky gal that was able to find a sneak peak on the web.

and this is a stamping message board on the Internet...so as for topics of discussion...anything goes! As long as it's related to stampin! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabushView Post
Thank you...why not oooh and aaah over on the demo side? That's another perk you have!
'Cause I'm NOT a demo...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Well that's just mean...

I'm not sure which is meaner - that only the demos get to see the sneak peek or that there are threads like this one that show off the fact that only demos get to see and tease the rest of us! :lol:
Awww sorry- didn't mean to tease, really- I just wanted to answer the question. I'm just a hobby demo anyway, so I probably shouldn't even chime in on this thread. Anyway- no hard feelings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
Just as an FYI, we can't show the sneak peeks online anywhere, but demos will be receiving their catties starting tomorrow (for those that expedited). We can share the catalog with our customers in person. It's killing a lot of demos up in Canada that can't expedite that they won't be seeing their catties for a while. And we aren't allowed to even post 'messy desk' pictures this time. It's killing the demos too. And the reason some of us demos check out these threads is to see if there are any questions we can answer or if there is something that needs clarification. I know when I was a customer I was SO anxious to see the new catties. That's just one of the reasons I signed up to be a demo...so I could see stuff early and get a discount!
You think??? I'll be lucky if I see mine by next Friday, Jun 12th. I'm not complaining though... that's still 2 1/2 weeks before the 1st of July!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I also removed all the polkadot ribbons from my order as $9.95 is just too steep..I also saved a lot by doing that. A big error on their part...I wonder if anyone was able to get it for the price they listed? I just cant see paying $10.00 for one roll of ribbon...I might pick them up later one at a time...the Markers are the biggest news...YEEHAH!
well I couldn't resist the polka dots and I did buy all 6 colors at $9.95 a roll!

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I finally figured out the scraptitute site....I just didn't scroll down through the SU colors...and then I did and there they were...A bit surprised about the colors. Some I like, some I do not. But I guess it's always that way. And some usually grow on you. Now I can't wait to see the new catty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

SU could sell RUBBER unmounted. Thats what everybody is asking for. I would buy twice as many sets if they offered them this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanasnanaView Post
SU could sell RUBBER unmounted. Thats what everybody is asking for. I would buy twice as many sets if they offered them this way.
and a lot of stampers would buy even more stamps from all the other stamp companies if they would just listen to those who want wood mounted. But darn it, they just don't listen to us. There are a lot of companies out there with really great images, but I can't stand the unmounted. I would buy twice as much from them if they would just offer wood mounted stamps. So........they are just cutting their own throats as far as I can see.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

;) Gotcha -- totally get what you're saying. Other woodmounted stamps are high, too. I guess it's just hard to see a set of 4-6 stamps for $30 and not cringe a bit!

Maybe I see it more this way: If I'm going to buy a single wood-mounted stamp, it's an exceptional image that I really love all on its own. If I buy a set, it's a group of stamps that complement eachother and appeal to me together ~ I probably would never pay $5 for one individually.

To me, the sets from SU don't break down into a reasonable cost per stamp. I don't think I even realized before now why the sets seem too expensive even when compared to a single wood-mounted stamp from another source.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a Demo and it's just not nice to start topics on the general side if we can't share all the information. With all the complaining that took place on the demo side about SU taking so long to share the information it's no different when a demo does it on the general side.

Hobby Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I also removed all the polkadot ribbons from my order as $9.95 is just too steep..I also saved a lot by doing that. A big error on their part...I wonder if anyone was able to get it for the price they listed? I just cant see paying $10.00 for one roll of ribbon...I might pick them up later one at a time...the Markers are the biggest news...YEEHAH!
It does seem steep, but I am guessing they are 15 yd rolls (like last years in-color striped ribbon). I have bought polka dot ribbon at Michaels and it was $2 for 3yds. So that is the same exact price.

One thing I like to do is split rolls with friends. If 3 of us each buy 2 different rolls we get 5yds of each color for only $20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryP1197View Post
I'm a Demo and it's just not nice to start topics on the general side if we can't share all the information. With all the complaining that took place on the demo side about SU taking so long to share the information it's no different when a demo does it on the general side.
This thread was not started by a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

This thread was not started by a demo.

Beth, I guess I could have worded my statement better. I was actually commenting on something someone had mentioned in a couple of previouse comments, not the op herself.

Hobby Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good news is....I'm NOT a demo! I was just excited to hear about In Color markers, THAT was why I started this thread. So, I AM a nice person...'cause I'm not a mean 'ol demo starting a thread to taunt people about what 'they' can't see, just a customer HAPPY that SU! finally listened!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #71  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

Geez even when demos don't do something they still get blamed. No wonder demos don't want to go to the general side any longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #72  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethScrapView Post
It does seem steep, but I am guessing they are 15 yd rolls (like last years in-color striped ribbon). I have bought polka dot ribbon at Michaels and it was $2 for 3yds. So that is the same exact price.

One thing I like to do is split rolls with friends. If 3 of us each buy 2 different rolls we get 5yds of each color for only $20.
Yep I finally realized the price comparison when my club leader (now upline) did the math for me. Duh! Plus it perfectly matches the paper and ink so that really makes it worth the price.

SU 1/4" ribbon really is the best deal around. $4.95 for 15 yard *or approximately 15 yards as the package says ;)

I wonder if they added any new colors to the 1/4" ribbon since none retired (unless I missed something on the list).

*Please note: With the exception of Sneak Peek products, you may not post the catalog, any pages of the catalog, or information about any of the products featured in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog on any Internet site or location until July 1, 2009.

So apparently people can post sneak peek info but nothing else from the catty. Of course being a brand new demo I don't want to do it in case I'm wrong I'll noodle around to see if I can find one for you all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MewsinView Post
Geez even when demos don't do something they still get blamed. No wonder demos don't want to go to the general side any longer.
Amen, sista! (you just go lookin' for trouble, don'cha!)

I just have ONE thing to add to the fun here - textured 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock!!

yaaaaay!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #74  
Matboard Maniac

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
Good news is....I'm NOT a demo! I was just excited to hear about In Color markers, THAT was why I started this thread. So, I AM a nice person...'cause I'm not a mean 'ol demo starting a thread to taunt people about what 'they' can't see, just a customer HAPPY that SU! finally listened!
I am also thrilled!!
Thanks for sharing the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #75  
Crimping Master

Isn't it usually non-demos who beg for a hint? It's just part of the fun. I know I've been hoping to see a little hint somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

I do not like the new in colors-too 1980s for my style. They may grow on me, as I didn't like the current in colors much at first either. I just loved the in colors before that (river rock & friends).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

No, I think it is more like the teachers going, "We know the questions for the final, but we aren't going to give them to you until the day of the test. Before then we will prepare you for them and give you hints and glimpses, but not all of the information."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #78  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethScrapView Post
No, I think it is more like the teachers going, "We know the questions for the final, but we aren't going to give them to you until the day of the test. Before then we will prepare you for them and give you hints and glimpses, but not all of the information."
Holy scrap, there's a test?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #79  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawndregerView Post
Isn't it usually non-demos who beg for a hint? It's just part of the fun. I know I've been hoping to see a little hint somewhere.
There is a hint a few posts above yours. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

Default peek?

New here...not a demo...check this out

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document..._0609FINAL.pdf

Enjoy

Edited to add a little disclaimer:

The prices and bundles that SU! has published on the PDF linked above are exclusively for demonstrator pre-orders and are not available to the public.
- Jenn Balcer

Last edited by jbalcer; 06-02-2009 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes