Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Mama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you an addict? "STAMPING ADDICTS ANONYMOUS"

The fact that this subject is of interest to you, implies that you do indeed suffer from "stamper's/scrapbooker's disease." You're helplessly hooked and you know it. AND if you have sought the proper help, you have come to terms with your addiction, made a wise choice, a positive move in the right direction, and you are now a SU! demonstrator. The first step is admitting your addiction...

If you are still not sure whether or not you suffer from this disease, consider the symptoms below...

If you can answer yes to two or more of the statements below, my friend, then you do indeed need to join our support group "SAA" (stamping addicts anonymous) or "SBAA" (scrapbooking addicts anonymous), and become an SU! demonstrator.

You spend hours upon hours on this website looking for new ideas!
You are a new technique junkie!
You LOVE getting FREE stamps!
You would love to have a 20% discount on every order!
You love hearing about all the latest new SU! stuff!
You are hooked on stamping/scrapbooking!
You love to earn the hostess sets!
You LOVE a good stamping special!
You love to stamp regularly!
You can't wait for each new stamp set and cool accessory that comes out!
You purchase more than $100 in the year and still have a large wish list!
You love getting together with friends to stamp!
You love to make hand stamped gifts for people!
You could have paid for a NICE family vacation or recreation vehicle with all the money you've spent over the years on stamps and accessories!
You just can't get enough!
You wouldn't mind a tax write off for all the stuff you buy!
You want FREE stamps!
You could use a little extra spending money!
You would love to get to attend the SU! convention!
Your husband wants you to lose your demonstrators phone number, and email address!

If you can say YES, YES, YES, to these statements, then face it, you're already a goner! What are you waiting for? And how fun, to sign up along with a friend, and learn together at the same time!

Again, for the addict...
the first step is admitting it and then seeking help, my friend. The solution and support is there for you when you become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. There are over 40,000 women just like you, who find support and encouragement from others suffering with the same disease ; ) We can't say that we are cured, because it will continue to be a lifelong struggle. However, we can learn to control the beast, and to capitalize on our addiction by making money instead of only spending money, and reaching out to others who have the same addiction.

As the great "customers" so many of you are, I really need to remind you that with as many stamps as you order (which mind you, we're ALL FOR THAT!) I really feel compelled to remind you that you really might want to consider paying yourself the commission instead of me/us (yikes, did I really say that! : )

I know you probably immediately think...
oh no, I don't want to do that!
I'm too busy...
I'd rather just come to other people's classes...
I don't want to be in front of people...
I couldn't do classes...
I don't have the ideas...

But honestly, you should think about what you spend on this hobby, and how ADDICTED you are to the stamps and the new ideas, and the fun!
That's really what it's about, and you don't have to do any of those things listed above unless you want to! So many of you already have a group of interested friends who would enjoy getting together with YOU- you don't really NEED me! It doesn't have to change from what you're used to doing with them. It's just minus your current demonstrator, in the picture.

If you are ready to tackle your stamping disease head on

CONSIDER THIS...

It's really a PERFECT time right now to go for it with the brand new 2006-2007 Idea Book & Catalog recently just released! SO MANY CUTE SETS & NEW ACCESSORIES!

Think about how much money you were going to spend anyway! You could be paying commission to yourself instead of someone else, AND earning all the FREE cool stuff at the same time! (That's at a minimum a 20% savings! and actually even 30% on your 1st order within 45 days of signing up.)

PICTURE THIS...
*If you could easily host (or order yourself) enough for $300 workshop total, then you would have alreadAy achieved your $300 quarterly quoto, and you would not need to place any orders for another 3 months if you didn't want to. That's it!

*With that same order you would have already achieved your first incentive challenge called "consistency counts" (to sell $300 in a month. ) With that you receive ONE FREE stamp set of your choice at $24.95.

But wait...THAT'S NOT ALL!

*In addition, as your own hostess, you would have also received $35 FREE merchandise (with your $300 workshop) or $45 (with your $400 workshop). AND yes (you can be a deonstrator and receive hostess benefits as well!)

*ALSO, You would have received a FREE Level 1 stamp set ($300 workshop) or your choice of 2 Level 1 sets, or one Level 1 set AND a Level 2 set ($400 workshop.)

Can you believe all that FREE STUFF!!! That's what we're talkin' bout! Everyone of us demonstrators are still thrilled everytime we get more chances to earn FREE stamps and sets! And it happens a lot!!

Okay, so that's it- all I have to say. NO pressure, just food for thought! If you think you have more questions, demonstrators are here for you! If this still isn't for you, then we're still happy to be YOUR demonstrator and spend time showing you all the fun stuff we've learned.

SO, my friend...
the CHOICE is YOURS!
If you're still just not "ready" to accept your condition, we're here for you in the future when you ARE ready to join us in victory!

Demonstrators all around the world will be happy to help support you still, and as you know this website with over 85,000 members will also be here for you as well!

Last edited by tracy; 07-23-2006 at 11:24 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am an addict, but not currently a $100 a month kind of addict. However if SU comes out with the ever replenishing money tree accessory I'll be right there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

HA HA! This is like AA serving alcohol!!!!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am literally lying in a hammock on a beach in Cancun this very second with my laptop browsing SCS just to get a little taste of what I had to leave behind for 8 days... I think I need help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Mama

Ahh, the first step!

Now join us in sister "stamphood!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialpurrs
I am an addict, but not currently a $100 a month kind of addict. However if SU comes out with the ever replenishing money tree accessory I'll be right there
Sara... that's too funny! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Mama

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

My starter kit arrived a week ago, but I had to find out what Tracy was posting! Very well, said.

Where's Barb (Barbra1224)? She has to read this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #9  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I am an addict! Now if I could ever stop surfing, and start stamping, I would be in great shape!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialpurrs
I have heard of people who make stamps for that very thing. I believe they are called counterfeiters. Thought I might look in the Yellow Pages, but couldn't find anyone.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

OMGosh Tracy - you have me ROTFLMBO!!! I LOVE YOU and I must give a huge shout out to anyone thinking about joining SAA or SBAA that I do believe that our very own Miss Tracy would make the most amazing and inspiring group leader for your sessions!!! Think about it ladies - beauty, brains and an amazing sense of humor all rolled into one. If she can't lead you through the pitfalls of this addiction well then you are just indeed a hopeless case

So give her a call and hurry would ya - you never know what life-altering mission she may lead you on :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:22 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Addict........definitely. Ready to be a demo.......nah......not enough time. BUT I did have someone on another group send the following story that was very funny and hope you find it funny too. A little long but good for a laugh.

My Wife Belongs to a Cult?

By John Gladden

I am worried about my wife. More so than usual, I mean. I think she may be involved in a cult. The clues are everywhere. Late at night, when I’m lying half awake in bed and our children are snuffling softly in their dreams down the hall, I can hear her downstairs, engaged in some sort of peculiar ritual. “THUMP! Tap, tap, tap. THUMP!” Over and over.

I slip out of the covers and creep to the top of the stairs, expertly avoiding the squeaky floorboards that comprise our home security system. I used to do this when I was little, I think to myself, as I sprawl on my belly on the landing and peer through the balusters. This is how I used to watch “Saturday Night Live” when I was 10. And I see her, hunched over her desk in the parlor of our old house.

The room is dark, except fo r the blazing desk lamp. She takes a little block of wood in one hand, taps it on some sort of ink pad, and thumps it down on a piece of paper. “THUMP! Tap, tap, tap. THUMP!” Then she holds up the paper, looks at it with an expression of satisfaction, and pulls out a device I can only call a “chooker.” She takes the paper, which is folded like a greeting card, slides it into the chooker and squeezes hard. “Chooka, chooka, chooka.” When she removes the card from the jaws of the chooker, it leaves behind strange and intricate symbols punched out of the paper.

I told you this was weird. But wait. There’s more. On some evenings and Saturday mornings, she’s been going off to what she eagerly refers to as “Stamp Parties.” She marks them on the calendar far in advance.

As near as I can figure, “stamp” stands for “Spending Time And Money Prodigiously. ” She comes back all aglow — and it’s not from the anticipation of arriving home to the waiting arms of her one true love (that would be me) and her cherubic little children. No, no, no. She comes waltzing into the house, flush with excitement, a stack of greeting cards in her ink-stained hands and a yellow order form for about $50 in new stamping merchandise.

”These are beautiful, dear,” I say, sincerely, as she shows me the cards. “But you are aware we can buy greeting cards at the store for about $2.95 each, $5.49 in Canada?” She looks at me sweetly but amusingly, the way she looks at our 4-year-old when he dribbles purple Kool-Aid down his chin.

Near as I can tell, the members of the group — which seems to be comprised exclusively of women — keep in close contact through an ingenious network of postcards. These are mailed out every couple of weeks, apprising each stamper of the time, date and location of the next gathering. They take turns assembling in one another’s homes, where they first listen to some kind of stamping message. There is a great deal of praise, testimony and evangelizing. Excitement builds. A sacred book, dog-eared with study and hard use, is passed around the room. They are mesmerized by its glossy pages. When the fervor has reached its climax, the leader takes up the collection. Credit cards, cash and checkbooks are whipped out with a fury that would make any man tremble in fear. Afterward, they linger a while, chatting over cookies and coffee — so they could very well be Methodists. I’m not sure. Always, they discuss how to r each potential new members with the message of stamping.

Sure, there have been other groups that have tempted my wife over the years — the Scrapbookers, the Kitchen Gadgeteers, the Basketites and the Candleans —but nothing like this. We go visit friends under the pretense of having dinner and spending time together. As soon as the children run off to play and the men get engrossed in a conversation about the Red Sox or the benefits of double-insulated windows, the woman of the house turns to my wife and says, “I have your stamp order for you!” They exchange knowing smiles and slip quietly out of the room.

This “order” will become part of the steady array of hardware my wife keeps hauling home and storing in the laundry room. She knows I never set foot in there. Though some of it I’ve seen on her desk when I’m rifling through it for coffee money in the morning before work. I’ve seen sparkly stuff, cutters, rollers, punches. For the love of heaven, even a heat gun!
I plan to keep this under investigation, for the good of my wife and family. And I’m thinking from my vantage point on the couch tonight, I should be able to get a really clear view of the chooker in action. I’ll let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Awesome post! Now is the time to sign up! I wonder what some people are waiting for. Joining SU has changed my life so much... I have just countless new friends (customers and sister demos), and I have earned so much free product. I haven't had to ask my hubby for a single dollar for craft supplies since I started! What a relief!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
My starter kit arrived a week ago, but I had to find out what Tracy was posting! Very well, said.

Where's Barb (Barbra1224)? She has to read this!
Jen.. you crack me up! Yes, I am an addict! :mrgreen:
No I am not a demo. My two friends that sell both live 1 or 2 streets over.. gosh! I'd steal their business! hehe. Maybe if one quits.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

I pretty much said yes to it all - man I could be the poster girl for SAA and SBAA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

I'll never sign up because I already have everything that's in the kit and can't see paying for it all again. I also don't think my demonstrator could keep up her minimums without the sales she gets from me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Default I'm Addicted

I do believe I have reached the addicted stage. Now if I only have more friends that stamped so I could meet my minimums as a demo. Hmmmmm .... I must think very hard about this.... Where to find more stampers ..... Hmmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart
I'll never sign up because I already have everything that's in the kit and can't see paying for it all again. I also don't think my demonstrator could keep up her minimums without the sales she gets from me!

That's just crazy talk LOL! You'll never sign up?
It's about the signing up/(not just what's in the kit), and getting the commission for yourself! Getting the free bonuses we get as demonstrators! Getting to know/see & HAVE all the new stuff before anyone else! Getting to go to conventions and get togethers with our fellow demo friends! It's a whole new world~and we demonstrators LOVE IT- trust us!

Besides, as for what comes in your kit... did you realize you can OPT to get other sets then the recommended favorites? You can always use some of the duplicate product as incentives or trading for something you'd rather have instead.

Anyway, just my friendly 2 cents.

And besides, I would never have met so many wonderful friends/fellow demonstrators including Miss EllenH, with those lovely words of praise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Sweet Miss Tracy!!! I must say that it's the times I have been able to spend with my fellow demonstrators at Convention/Regionals/Meetings that has made this what it is! FRIENDSHIP - being a demonstrator was all about the friendships and support!

Personally I would love to put a HUGE word of support in for Tracy!!! LOOK at what she AND Daven have brought to the world of demonstrators!!! SCS is a haven to MANY of you - PLEASE consider signing up under Tracy and support her - you will never regret it for one minute, because she will support YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #20  
PAPER SCAPER

Yeah Tracy, I'm addicted but I don't know enough addicted people willing to help me make that quota.
When my two stamping friends went to a resale where most of the loose stamps were one dollar and only spent about five to ten dollars, that was my clue that they would make very bad SU customers! I didn't get out the door for less than fifty! I'm a great customer to my demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
Yeah Tracy, I'm addicted but I don't know enough addicted people willing to help me make that quota.
When my two stamping friends went to a resale where most of the loose stamps were one dollar and only spent about five to ten dollars, that was my clue that they would make very bad SU customers! I didn't get out the door for less than fifty! I'm a great customer to my demo!

Ahh, but you see they don't START out addicted. They become that way eventually, without even realizing it! They COME when you offer a friendly outlet, and a chance to have a "girl's nite out". So many of my customers were ladies I met at my athletic club, or at my children's activities, ladies I see day in day out. As we are visiting about whatever, I casually invite them/offer them a chance to get out and try something fun, and just to hang out with me. Many of them have never stamped, and aren't that interested in the stamping, but in the friendship. They give it a try, many of them like it (a few don't, but at least they enjoyed their night out), they come back, and we've developed great friendships, and they've suddenly become hooked!

I think what's always worked for me, no matter what else, is I have a monthly stamp camp class at a pizza parlor (no charge for the room!). It's a neutral place, they come with a friend (order pizza if they want it,) and they make it a fun night out. It's casual, they always bring more friends. Sometimes they order merchandise, sometimes they don't. The thing is they start coming back month after month to "play", and eventually they DO become hooked.

AND, like I said, I've made a lot of great friends, some of my best friends in the world, along the way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I am literally lying in a hammock on a beach in Cancun this very second with my laptop browsing SCS just to get a little taste of what I had to leave behind for 8 days... I think I need help
I had thought of doing that when we went on our FIRST EVER CAribbean cruise in MArch....how sad was that? But I DID resist.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

I wish I could fine tune myself DOWN to $100 per year...I can't get through 1 HOUR without spending that much... and every order to my demo is at least $200, and that order usually goes in every week.......

Is there anything I can take for this illness besides 2 aspirins?
Will it be a lifelong illness?
Will I suffer from pain as this illness progresses?
Are there special professionals I should see out there? Besides all you crazy gals here
Thanks for the entertainment......now if I could just get off this site and actually DO something productive. ( I'm at work....does that tell you how bad it really is?)
Can't wait to get home and get stamping again.
Reply With Quote Likes