Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Yard Sales for Selling Crafting & Stamping Supplies?

Hi everyone! I've heard people mention they sell their SU items, crafting, and scrapbooking items during yard sales or craft sales in the neighborhood. Is there anyone in Illinois on this forum who does this? Im downtown in Chicago and people just don't have yard sales around here! I have been going through all my stuff and I have a few boxes of stamps and scrapbooking supplies I'd love to sell at a yard sale. Does anyone combine with other crafters to part with their items at these sales? And if so - would you be willing to let me join along? I would happily bring along some baked goodies - Catherine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2019, 01:38 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Do you know anyone who lives in the 'burbs, who actually has a yard to have a yard sale? 'Multi-family' yard sales are a big draw.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

check and see if you have a facebook site in your area that sells online. I have done that in the past up here in Canada and it worked great.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
Hi everyone! I've heard people mention they sell their SU items, crafting, and scrapbooking items during yard sales or craft sales in the neighborhood. Is there anyone in Illinois on this forum who does this? Im downtown in Chicago and people just don't have yard sales around here! I have been going through all my stuff and I have a few boxes of stamps and scrapbooking supplies I'd love to sell at a yard sale. Does anyone combine with other crafters to part with their items at these sales? And if so - would you be willing to let me join along? I would happily bring along some baked goodies - Catherine

I haven't sold crafting items in past yard sales but I have never made a lot of money– the audience seems to want to pay a nickel for everything. Facebook Marketplace in your area is a totally different thing. You can sell very successfully to a very large audience that way! I'm about to do that with some crafting supplies this week…
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my area yard sales happen, but I would never put my craft items up for sale that way. As another person replied, the buyers in my area just want very, very low prices. There are things craft and non-craft that I don’t mind letting go so cheaply but usually I’d like to get at least 50% of what I paid for stamp sets or dies.
I’ve been successful on EBay in the past but that can be a hassle having to pack and ship to many different buyers.
The Facebook yard sale page for your area is a good option because you will (hopefully) only get interested buyers who are other crafters and know the value of your items. Craigslist is another good option. But BE SAFE if you go these routes. Do not invite buyers to your home for pickup. Agree to meet in a public place and take a friend with you if possible. In my area, the local police department allows buyers and sellers to meet in their parking lot to do business. If someone won’t meet you in the police department parking lot, you know they are up to no good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I am up in Rockford, but we will be having a garage sale in early June. Part of that will be my retires SU stamps. You are more than welcome to join in!

I used to do a craft only garage sale every Oct with some demonstrator friends, but it was SO much work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Craft Fancy in Arlington Heights has a garage sale twice a year
Reply With Quote Likes