Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPaperAdventuresView Post
Thank you . Making cards is such a joy for me and when someone puts you down for doing something you love....it just gets to me.
And this is why you should keep doing it Because it brings you joy. I went back and looked at your cards, and they are busy. And perfectly color coordinated, and detailed, and full of charming touches like Erin K said. I guess I'm a busy kind of girl because I love them! I think it is wonderful that people are willing to pay you for your creativity, more power to you. Keep up the great work.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

GOOD FOR YOU Lorelie!

I was scrolling thru the 900+ handmade cards in the "other" section and yours stood out WAY above the rest! I am so happy to see beautiful cards getting the luv!

Hugs to you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have been offended, too . . . at first. . . but then as I see it, the comment was meant to be supportive of the many members here who love to stamp but will, in all likelihood, never make a card near as good as yours. So it's kind of a way of identifying with those of us who can't compete. Taste is a subjective thing and there are scads of talented people here and I think most of us would put you on that list!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysueView Post
I don't know why but your comment made me laugh, so me as well! I struggle with my cards!

Love being able to see beautiful talented stampers' work whether its on here, on ebay, or on a blog. Eye candy, you can't beat it! And it doesn't affect my hips!
I like your comment too, lol! If it doesn't affect my hips I'm there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thank you all for the sweet comments...was I being too sensative? I'm just not the type who would attack another's creative outlet. I don't mind being surround by positive energy every single day .

Thank you for starting a gallery! Your cards are all beautiful and have so much great detail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Beth!
We just moved here in November . I just recently found The Stampin' Post in Old Town Temecula and now it's my FAVORITE place to visit (shop???). MY hubby was actually pointing things out for me! He's so supportive fo my addiction!

I live in Menifee and didn't know this shop exists! Hope to go soon. thanks for enabling and welcome to sunny CA!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:43 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
so do people tend to get more on ebay or etsy? I've considered selling stuff on etsy... I dunno, I'm pretty lazy...
I think ebay does better simply because there are more buyers over there. Also, you can let the market decide the price of your item. You may start your item at the same price that you would sell something at etsy and it can only go up from there!

I think etsy charges .20 to insert a listing (I'm not sure of that figure at all) and ebay charges .35. I'm not sure of the final value fees though.

I listed something yesterday on ebay for $6.99 and it is currently at $11.49 this morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

I just visited your gallery too..your cards are beautiful..all of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

On Ebay , things are worth however much someone wants to bid!

Wish I had half your creativity with putting things together - I've tried to be a bit more adventurous, but I think most of my cards are fairly safe. When I start trying to add to them they just look like I've stuck stuff on. Embellishing is a skill I just don't have down, but I'll keep trying!

Love your cards! Would love to see more!

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Your cards are gorgeous! You are super talented and I admire the fact that some people are willing to pay so much for such talent. I am SHOCKED at the rudeness on some of these posts. Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

Keep up the good work and welcome to SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All I have to say is that every person has their own talents and ways of creating cards. If they choose to sell them on ebay and get alot of money for them ,That is fantastic. If a person chooses not to sell their cards, then that is great to. BUT - Why is it everytime a thread like this is started, the negative & mean comments get thrown out there and it gets heated? This thread was started by the OP to share the card that she found on ebay as she thought is was a neat card.
I love SCS and I love the POSITIVE side of it. Lets all get along and if we have a bad thought about something, lets keep it to ourselves or share it with the dog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I just looked at the card and it is now selling for $18.50!! Wow! Congradulations! I would be ecstatic if one of my cards sold for that much!

Some people just don't understand that there are many different types of "art". I tend to make the grunge, busy, over the top style cards. My friend's style tends to be more simplistic, elegant, minimalist. I happen to like and appreciate all styles. It's the talent and usually lots and lots of practice that make a style work or not. Each individual will eventually develop their own unique style. If you look at some of the galleries of the more experienced members you will begin to recognize their unique "style".

Thanks for giving hope to those of us who aspire to be able to sell our cards and make a tiny amount of profit to fund our obsession with crafts. I've sold quite a few for $2.00 each and was excited about getting that much!

Keep up the good work and smile all the way to the stamp store!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Awwww you ladies are truly sweet! Lorelie was hurt by the mean message because she had emailed me right away about it and I felt so bad. I told her that her cards ROCK and who cares what they say!!! haha! I have known her for the last 2 years or so and she is a VERY telented sweetheart! I just started selling my cards as well on ebay but are not nearly as good as Lorelie's cards!

Hugs to you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hi Beth!
We just moved here in November . I just recently found The Stampin' Post in Old Town Temecula and now it's my FAVORITE place to visit (shop???). MY hubby was actually pointing things out for me! He's so supportive fo my addiction!

That is so nice that you have a supportive hubby, and that there are lots of supportive people here too! I have only been in this hobby for a year (mother's day last year were my first cards) How long have you been doing this? Please tell me years and years so that I still have hope of doing cards as nice as yours! I have to admit I have not ventured much out of Joann's and Michaels around here, and I really try to avoid that whole area all together, too much traffic. I have not been to Old town temecula in so long, I will have to check that place out. Oh, when I used to frquent there, it was to go to Rosa's Cantina there. They have a taco special that is cheap but tastes really good, and its a full plate. Also they have a good plate of nachos with good caren asada meat on it. You have to try it as a treat for hubby being so supportive. ;)

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #55  
Glitter Queen

Lorelie, your cards are fantastic and if I had the money, YES, I would buy the on ebay. You have to grow a little bit of tough skin because there are some ugly people out there who are envious and want to put down your artwork. All I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

No matter what others say, I bet they'd be more than happy to take $16 for one of their cards! I know I would! My sister has a store and I've been trying to decide if $2.00 is too much to charge for a card....LOL! Wonderful work, Lorelie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinnesmithView Post
WOWZERS! That is incredible!!! Honestly, doing cards like yours would take me like ALLLLL day. They are very beautiful! I think it is sooooooo awesome that you are able to sell them for so much! I'm figuring that must make it easier to spend money on more "stuff"! So glad this thread was started so I can keep watching for your work! Thanks soooo much for sharing! :mrgreen:
Ditto! Sometimes it takes me days and they don't come out anywhere near as nice. If I could sell mine for any profit I would be thrilled. I have a question though. I thought you couldn't sell SU images on the internet. Has that changed or am I just mistaken? Maybe I would try if it's alright. Not that anyone would buy mine. LOL I love yours though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniebView Post
Ditto! Sometimes it takes me days and they don't come out anywhere near as nice. If I could sell mine for any profit I would be thrilled. I have a question though. I thought you couldn't sell SU images on the internet. Has that changed or am I just mistaken? Maybe I would try if it's alright. Not that anyone would buy mine. LOL I love yours though.
Stampin' did change their Angel Policy and you can read it on their site.

Always check to see if a rubber stamp company has an Angel Policy. A few, like Penny Black, allow only a certain amount of handstamped cards that use their images (I think it's 36, but not sure). So, check before selling because you don't want to infringe on their copyrights. Hope this helps! And thank you all for the kind words and encouragement!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes