Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #81  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please also realize that there are many demos who have not even seen the Winter Mini yet due to computer and Adobe problems...I can bring it up on my work computer with it's upgraded Adobe and T-1 line - but can't on my antiquated dial-up home computer...

being able to preview items before they are released to customers is a small perk to demos of any home based business...

As far as if your particular demo is the "sharing" type - each demo is independant of one another...one demo might have a very small customer base made up of close friends and eagerly shares everything as they get it - other demos have larger customer bases where "sharing" information early might create more of a headache (like people who might have stamp clubs going or are trying to run personal specials to boost thier business during a particular month) as they run thier business...

In the past links have been shared, however it does go against agreements we sign as demonstrators to post links and information not readily available to the general public...I am guessing demos are respecting other demos business by not sharing the link at this time...

on a side note two of the kits available in the Winter mini are avialable for purchase starting Nov 15th so demos and customers might see thier mini catalogs (if your demo had them shipped from SU) sooner than normal...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #82  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
I would rather hear nothing at all about it here on this side of SCS than to hear little bits and pieces that just gets everyone all worked up and even more curious. All the remarks about how "fabulous" it is, etc. only gets everyone hyped up even more and there is quite a long time until it comes out.

Yes, I have seen it because I just absolutely cannot wait for anything (a true American) and I am fortunate enough to have a demo that shared with me, 2 of them actually ;) but anyone that hasnt seen it and does actually want to be totally surprised when it does come out won't be because they have read little bits and pieces here already, KWIM?
That was me that called it "fabulous"....

I'm a fairly new demo and fairly new to here. I didn't realize that posting a comment about the mini was going to cause suck a ruckus. I was just super excited about it, just like you all are. I didn't realize that people would get so angry about it. In the future I'll just keep my comments confined to the demo side. Sorry guys. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

ANTICIPATION - can be delicious! I love the hints and descriptions that demo's post here ahead of time. I also love looking at the cards that the demo's post that were made with the sets that they pre-ordered. It's fun and it gives me ideas of what I can do with those sets. If someone does not want to read those hints then they should not click on any threads that reference the upcoming mini. If you don't want to see it - don't look! It's as simple as that. Please don't stop doing those things for us non-demo's who enjoy the anticipation! I completely understand that you cannot post a link or e-mail the catalog ahead of time and respect you for complying with company policy.

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #84  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a dual edge sword.

Demonstrators, by signing up, have paid for the privilege of such advance previews, and as such, are entitled to them, as well as any of the other perks that come with being a demonstrator. And, it is one of the very reasons many sign up. From a consumer perspective, I don't consider myself entitled to view the information in advance, unless I am willing to pay for/commit to being a demonstrator.

From a demonstrator perspective, I would be sorely upset if I paid for the privelege of such perks, including the advance preview, only to find that anybody and everybody, even if they didn't pay for it, gets the same perks.

All that said, the company does NOT release this information to the sales force so that it can be deliberately waved under consumers' noses, altho, all too frequently and unfortunately, that can be the resulting effect, due to the premature "chatter" that occurs on forums prior to that public release.
Like most companies, SU! releases this information to their sales force in advance of public release, so they have time to prepare for the launch of these coming products.

I can also absolutely understand why a consumer would be frustrated to hear chatter about a great coming products, but then be told they cannot see it or purchase it until_____ time. It's rather like watching the neighbor kid dancing around with a ginormous ice cream cone, thoughtless as to how the other children, who don't have any/can't get any, are probably feeling . . . :(

SU! does not approve of demonstrators publicly posting and sharing links to demonstrator only access information. However, they cannot seem to prevent that from happening, unless their tech crew figures out how to to protect those documents. So it unfortunately does occur.

Tracy, owner of the site, is an SU! demonstrator herself. I want to believe that we can all agree that we value this site and all the work and expense she and Daven put into providing it for all, too much to put her own demonstratorship at risk, by using their site for the sake of our own ends, whatever they may be. Yes?

Demonstrators that honor and abide by the company policy by doing it via channels approved of by SU! (which includes sharing it with THEIR customers in person, not over public e-bulletins) are subsequently, and unfairly, labeled as "selfishly withholding information."

And, those that do not abide by the policy and post the link on public e-bulletins, are considered "nice".

It all results in a no-win situation for everyone concerned.

Possible solutions for those who wish to have advance preview

1. Sign up to become a demonstrator
2. Contact your demonstrator so she can show it to you privately

If the premature chatter on these forums is disturbing, unfortunately, the only solution I can offer is to avoid reading those threads/posts. Because, regardless of whether we like it or not, disagree with it or not, it is going to happen.

The Winter Mini will be posted for public viewing at the official SU! website, at the time they have deemed it for release and prior to when it actually goes into effect. By then, some of you will have already received the direct mailing (hard copy) sent to you via your demonstrator, or will have contacted your demonstrator for a chance to preview her advance copy.

I would be surprised that any demonstrator would decline an excited request by her customer(s) for a private showing. However, you as a consumer also have the option to seek out another demonstrator, if you are dissatisfied with your current one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Julie, just when I think you cannot amaze me anymore--you go and do it again!!

You said this very well. Thank you so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
It's a dual edge sword.

Demonstrators, by signing up, have paid for the privilege of such advance previews, and as such, are entitled to them, as well as any of the other perks that come with being a demonstrator. And, it is one of the very reasons many sign up. From a consumer perspective, I don't consider myself entitled to view the information in advance, unless I am willing to pay for/commit to being a demonstrator.

From a demonstrator perspective, I would be sorely upset if I paid for the privelege of such perks, including the advance preview, only to find that anybody and everybody, even if they didn't pay for it, gets the same perks.

All that said, the company does NOT release this information to the sales force so that it can be deliberately waved under consumers' noses, altho, all too frequently and unfortunately, that can be the resulting effect, due to the premature "chatter" that occurs on forums prior to that public release.
Like most companies, SU! releases this information to their sales force in advance of public release, so they have time to prepare for the launch of these coming products.

I can also absolutely understand why a consumer would be frustrated to hear chatter about a great coming products, but then be told they cannot see it or purchase it until_____ time. It's rather like watching the neighbor kid dancing around with a ginormous ice cream cone, thoughtless as to how the other children, who don't have any/can't get any, are probably feeling . . . :(

SU! does not approve of demonstrators publicly posting and sharing links to demonstrator only access information. However, they cannot seem to prevent that from happening, unless their tech crew figures out how to to protect those documents. So it unfortunately does occur.

Tracy, owner of the site, is an SU! demonstrator herself. I want to believe that we can all agree that we value this site and all the work and expense she and Daven put into providing it for all, too much to put her own demonstratorship at risk, by using their site for the sake of our own ends, whatever they may be. Yes?

Demonstrators that honor and abide by the company policy by doing it via channels approved of by SU! (which includes sharing it with THEIR customers in person, not over public e-bulletins) are subsequently, and unfairly, labeled as "selfishly withholding information."

And, those that do not abide by the policy and post the link on public e-bulletins, are considered "nice".

If the premature chatter on these forums is disturbing, unfortunately, the only solution I can offer is to avoid reading those threads/posts. Because, regardless of whether we like it or not, disagree with it or not, it is going to happen.

The Winter Mini will be posted for public viewing at the official SU! website, at the time they have deemed it for release and prior to when it actually goes into effect. By then, some of you will have already received the direct mailing (hard copy) sent to you via your demonstrator, or will have contacted your demonstrator for a chance to preview her advance copy.

I would be surprised that any demonstrator would decline an excited request by her customer(s) for a private showing. However, you as a consumer also have the option to seek out another demonstrator, if you are dissatisfied with your current one.

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #86  
Stampin' Fool

Well said Julie.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=77229
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #87  
Glitter Queen

Default winter mini

I am a demo for Stampin UP and have just viewed the winter mini. All I can say is WOW. Lots of new stuff. There are kits that you can purchase with all the supplies, including stampin spots ink, individual pastels, aqua painter, etc., in each to create 10 cards, 5 each of 2 designs. There is also new double sided designer paper. There are lots of nice workable sets for everyone's tastes. I can't wait to get my hard copy and make a plan for purchasing. Definitely going to make a wallet scream in pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #88  
Glitter Queen

Default winter mini

I am a demo for Stampin UP and have just viewed the winter mini. All I can say is WOW. Lots of new stuff. There are kits that you can purchase with all the supplies, including stampin spots ink, individual pastels, aqua painter, etc., in each to create 10 cards, 5 each of 2 designs. There is also new double sided designer paper. There are lots of nice workable sets for everyone's tastes. I can't wait to get my hard copy and make a plan for purchasing. Definitely going to make a wallet scream in pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 01:28 PM   #89  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbleQueen50
In response to the previous post labeled "Why the Rush?"

If it REALLY does harm for customers to see it early then why are we baited
here with comments about a new punch and yet no one will describe the new punch? Or comments ooohing and ahhhhing over new sets that won't be described. Why say these things? If it does harm why do you encourage people to call their demos right and left to see it? Should they not refuse?

This whole business just leaves one with such a bitter taste as if we are being treated as children who cannot see the items until the demos decide we have begged enough.

I am a demo. However, I agree with this poster's sentiments. While I dont advocate breaking any rules to post links, I think demos really should not post on the general forum "teasing" non-customers about it. Some of the very demos who will "tease" are those same demos who will defend their sister demo's right to reveal the mini to their customers as they see appropriate. If you really believe it should be shared only when SU posts it or when each individual demo decides to share it with her customers, then dont post "teasers" on the net. It just reinforces "us v. them" and not in a pleasant way. Dont forget, without "them" we'd would not be demos at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph315

I'm a fairly new demo and fairly new to here. I didn't realize that posting a comment about the mini was going to cause suck a ruckus. I was just super excited about it, just like you all are. I didn't realize that people would get so angry about it. In the future I'll just keep my comments confined to the demo side. Sorry guys. :(

I am not angry, I didnt mean to sound angry.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

Before taking offense to the fact that some demos posted that they loved the mini, please take a moment to look at their profiles and messages. The people who've posted about the winter mini are, for the most part, new demos, new to SCS, or new to posting. It makes for a nicer environment for all when people are willing to give others the benefit of the doubt (i.e. they're new-they didn't know where they should post mini catalog related chitchat) rather than assume the motives are malicious.

To the new people, please don't be scared off. This is a great place. People just get a bit on-edge when anxious for new goodies. Think of trunk sales for wedding gowns. If you are a demo, consider joining the demo forum to chat about all things demo-y. Here's the link with more information. Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #92  
Mad Swapper

My goodness!!!! I did not realize people would get so upset over this. I certainly will never give anymore sneak preview information on SC again.
Sorry, if anything I said upset some of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

i remember when the new summer mini came out and somebody posted the link.. i got really, really bad... i just joined the scs community :( wasnt pretty to read
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #94  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris122049
From what I hear, the winter mini is just fabulous. Good thing that we will have three months to order from it and through Sellabration, too.....:-D Although I doubt that I am going to be able to hold off until January with this mini.........I know there are some things I will want right away.

I'm a demo and I don't know what I'm allowed to share or not share really but let's just say that my MUST HAVE list is at $300. And I don't usually have a list beyond $100 .........:mrgreen:
You have self control!! I had to get out a calculator for my wish list and it is over $435.00. Thank goodness it covers 2 quarters AND SAB, as I am a hobby demo. I think I want 1 of everything except the vintage looking stamps, and I usually only get around $100.00 from the minis. I AM IN WAY BIG TROUBLE! Maybe I could sell some blood or something? tee hee

"Something's gotta go wrong 'cause I'm feeling way too damn good." - Nickelback

"When Life hands you lemons, ask for salt and tequila and give me a call"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanerme
Why doesn't SU put this mini-catalog on the regular SU website for us non-demos to see it? It can only mean more dollars for them. I don't get it. LM :-)
Don't worry! It'll be online on the general SU! website once the sales period starts!

It's posted earlier for demos to review so that we can get ready to place preorders (for preparing samples to show at those early December workshops!) and also so that we can familiarize ourselves with the features of all the products and be ready to field questions from our customers. It allows time for us to contact Demonstrator Support to get any of our own questions answered as well. Just as company employees attend seminars to learn about new products in advance of the release to the general public, we need this time to get ready.

Seems like there's a bit of "darned if you do, darned if you don't" when it comes to posting teasers about upcoming catalog releases. People begged and pleaded for someone to share any tiny tidbit they could, and now that a few demo members have come on here and talked up a couple of things from the mini there are those -- customer and demo alike -- fussing at them for being teases. Sometimes ya just can't win.

Now with all this Winter Mini hype the excitement period for the Holiday Mini has been cut in half. Has everyone forgotten about it already? Come on and give the poor, neglected current mini some love!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintoothfairy
Maybe I could sell some blood or something? tee hee
you are too funny1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hmmm.... .good tip btw :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Now with all this Winter Mini hype the excitement period for the Holiday Mini has been cut in half. Has everyone forgotten about it already? Come on and give the poor, neglected current mini some love!
But the hype for the Holiday Mini started early and cut into the previous mini- So all the mini's get the same amount of love!

Me, I'm a buy when it comes out - *okay what's next* - kind of gal. The hype is gone once my purchase is made. I can't wait to get my hands on this new punch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #98  
Die Cut Diva

I'm so sorry that you ladies feel left out. I know how that feels, before I was a demo I would get excited by something coming out and if you can't see it NOW, well, it's annoying. SU was supposed to post the mini for us on Saturday. It didn't go up until Monday and we were UGLY on the demo boards LOL

Every demo runs her business differently. Some give out minis at classes and workshops, I have SU send my minis and then I will hand deliver or mail them to the people who were not on my mailing list in time. I also do an email newsletter and will include a card made from a new(er) set. So for the Country Living set, I emailed my customers a card I had made with the set on Oct 1, just after I got my preorder. I will do the same with this mini BUT not every demo has the time or resources to do that. I am very lucky that I do. Mini and Inspiration sheets do get costly, especially for a hobby demo and we have to pay for all of it. Many demonstrators are very busy with family and other jobs and so having a preview in their house is not something they can do. That is something I can't do, weekdays are very busy here. You just have to understand that no 2 of us are the same.

If there is something you want, I would suggest telling your demo, she may not even be aware of what you would like. Maybe she can accomodate you, maybe she can't, but you won't know unless you ask. If she can't then you have to decide if she is a great demonstrator in every other way and you want to stick with her or if you want to find another demonstrator.

I'm very sorry if the excitement we have for our products came across as being mean. I am sure it was not meant that way. I don't know any demonstrator that would do that on purpose, we are all just as excited about it as you are (maybe more since some of us, myself included, justify buying more than we should by saying we need it to demo).

It is a lovely mini, just as the Holiday mini is and I'm sure yours will be there before you know it!

Now, I think you should all go stamp something nice and send it to me :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

I have no problem playing by the rules. I am not a rule breaker and I am not asking to see the mini early, so when I ask this next question please be gentle with me. Are there holiday stamps (e.g., christmas) in the winter mini? If so, then I do wonder why SU! wouldn't make them available for ordering until the end of November. By that time my christmas cards are mostly done, or I've certainly got the ideas worked out. I'm not going to wait until the last minute and order stamps that I won't get until sometime in December and that's assuming I can even get a mini when it's available and get in touch with a demo. If the Winter mini isn't about christmas stamps then I guess you can just disregard all of the above!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #100  
Gallery Gazer

Is it considered against the rules to post the names and prices of the new sets? With maybe a 5-7 word description on each one? I don't need to see pics right away - a good description will hold me over until the scheduled release to the public.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #101  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaholic17
I have no problem playing by the rules. I am not a rule breaker and I am not asking to see the mini early, so when I ask this next question please be gentle with me. Are there holiday stamps (e.g., christmas) in the winter mini? If so, then I do wonder why SU! wouldn't make them available for ordering until the end of November. By that time my christmas cards are mostly done, or I've certainly got the ideas worked out. I'm not going to wait until the last minute and order stamps that I won't get until sometime in December and that's assuming I can even get a mini when it's available and get in touch with a demo. If the Winter mini isn't about christmas stamps then I guess you can just disregard all of the above!
The Winter mini traditionally doesn't have holiday stamps (Christmas, etc.). Think Valentine's, friendship and winter in general and that's the theme.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #102  
Glitter Queen

This all seems insane to me. What is the big deal? I always tell my customers about what is to come. We all live on limited budgets so if they are waivering and not sure and I know that something is coming they will like better then I am going to let them know. As far as I am concerned this is no different than hyping up another promotion. We always tell our customers about retiring sets or new promotions that haven't started yet but are coming soon. I don't think I will post about anything anymore. Splitcoast is a wonderful resource but this is just a little ridiculous to be complaining about something that really isn't that big of deal.
I didn't mean to upset anyone with my post. I had forgotten to even check the SU site until I saw the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #103  
Compulsive Stamper

After seeing the ribbon ad, I know I'm gonna be in trouble with this mini. The Winter and Spring minis always blow my budget, it seems.

I don't even want to see it until Christams so I can hold off till sell a bration and earn my freebies while I'm at it! I just know I'm going to have a hard time waiting thru December to order...... I just keep telling myself that I still have a million things to stamp for Christmas.... I REALLY don't need to be distracted by pretty pink things till AFTER that! Yeah.... wish me luck on that one.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #104  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
Now, I think you should all go stamp something nice and send it to me :mrgreen:

Now that's just FUNNY......:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #105  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

You can relax...the Winter Mini is about winter...Valentine's Day is the only holiday represented usually. By the time December 1st gets here, SU! knows that people already have bought their Christmas/Holiday stamps and are looking forward (or not!) to the rest of winter. So while you'll sometimes find snow images in the Winter mini, there are no Christmas or Hanukkah stamps (though you might get a holiday saying in a set designed to be versatile.)

I will say that this mini is less Valentine-y than most; while you could use some of the sets for Valentine's cards, they don't really scream "VALENTINE!!!!" to me....and that's great because I'd rather have something more versatile than a set I could only use one day of the year.

As far as the tag punch SINCE someone has already posted about it and I do not see any harm in letting people know what it looks like...it's smaller than the one in the catalog. This will allow you to use the bigger one that's already in the catalog to mat the smaller one. I always thought the one in the catalog was too big for the images designed to go with it so this makes me very happy...but then I am so easily pleased. ;) Now I will not have to trim down the stamped image to mat it with the bigger punch!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #106  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas stamps beyond what's in the IB&C are included in the Holiday Mini, for exactly the reasons you just gave.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #107  
Kookie Creator

Default To BubbleQueen50

Not all demos have the time to rush to the computer to look at the mini. I have two small children and don't always get much time to take a look. Surely your demo should have time to look at the mini before you do to make sure that they understand the products and can field any questions you might ask? No, that doesn't prevent other people from digesting it but we'd look pretty dumb if we couldn't answer your questions or weren't aware of the products being offered, or even if there were a mistake in the mini and a customer (not a demo) was to pick it up (mistakes do happen, just look at p.235 of the IB&C).

The demos on this board and elsewhere that are offering to show it to their customers are in breach of their demo agreement. That's up to them but the majority of demos are much more responsible and are not willing to risk losing their demo status.

I agree that comments shouldn't be made here or anywhere else. Just for the fact it ticks off people like yourself that really want to see it. I don't understand why demos do this as we have our own boards on this site to post to and share ideas and comments. Personally I'd prefer it if nobody even knew when the demos had access to it (it would stop the uncomfortable position people put me in when they ask me to show it to them). But it is probably the same demos doing this that are also selling the stuff on ebay before it is even available to the general public...

From a marketing standpoint the strategy is easy to understand:
1) the shorter the time period things are available the more urgency to buy. Less urgency = less sales.
2) seeing what is in the new mini reduces the sales of the current mini. Products in the mini are already manufactured. What would SU! do with all that excess merchandise it couldn't sell because customers had already moved on to the new stuff?
3) if the same product is available from one mini to the next, then there is no reason to buy it now. It could actually delay the sale by 3 1/2 months. Not good from a cashflow POV.
4) demos often have open houses or send out newsletters announcing the mini's. This is part of our marketing strategy. Providing a valuable service helps build our customer base.

I don't think anybody has been reprimanded for being curious, but just understand how awkward you make your demo feel by asking them to break the rules just to satisfy your curiousity. There is still plenty to look at in the Holiday mini

Quote:

In response to the previous post labeled "Why the Rush?"

You say that SU gives it to demos early to digest it. How does giving it to the customers on the website at the same time prevent anyone else from "digesting" it?

If it does prevent "digestion" then why do some demos offer to show it to customers? Are they then interfering with the digestion?

Customers know that they cannot order until a certain date. That date does not change by seeing the catalog early. I cannot see how it would not actually increase sales. The more I look the more things grow on me. The more I think about what I could use the sets/accessories with the more I think I have to have it. Additionally, it allows me time to sell things on ebay so I have money to buy the newer stuff.

If it REALLY does harm for customers to see it early then why are we baited
here with comments about a new punch and yet no one will describe the new punch? Or comments ooohing and ahhhhing over new sets that won't be described. Why say these things? If it does harm why do you encourage people to call their demos right and left to see it? Should they not refuse?

You ask, why the rush? On this board and one other board demos were talking about practically sitting on their computers waiting to see it hit the web so they could see it, but we are reprimanded for being curious and asking questions. The link is posted on other sites, but after reading the TOS here I understand that I cannot be the one to post a link to another site. Looks like it is up to a demo to post it here. It has been done before. Have the rules changed recently?

This whole business just leaves one with such a bitter taste as if we are being treated as children who cannot see the items until the demos decide we have begged enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #108  
Embossing Fanatic

My friend's demo told us of a stamp site where the desired information can be seen so we can plan our Christmas shopping for our stamping friends. If it is not against the rules here, I could link that board for those who WANT to see it to see it. Will wait for permission though because I don't want to offend anyone. It is not posted by a demo, but rather a customer so no rules are broken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #109  
Die Cut Diva

LOL - I am trying to get through making holiday cards for THIS year, I don't have time to worry about a mini that I can't even order from for a few months. I also have not drooled enough over the new IB&C yet (I know, it's been out for months, yeah, yeah, I hear ya!). So everyone just needs to sit back & relax, have fun with what is currently available because you know what? There will be more mini's in the future, new IB&C's - we don't need to keep arguing about who see's what first every stinkin' time - do we?

Now, go play with your stamps & be nice! :mrgreen:

Anne (a demo on her way out - will be a happy customer soon!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

My friend's demo told us of a stamp site where the desired information can be seen so we can plan our Christmas shopping for our stamping friends. If it is not against the rules here, I could link that board for those who WANT to see it to see it. Will wait for permission though because I don't want to offend anyone. It is not posted by a demo, but rather a customer so no rules are broken.
I would say this would not be a good idea - this is only going to ruffle more feathers & it seems enough have been ruffled.

If someone wants to do Christmas shopping - have them purchase a gift certificate from a demo - this way, the recipient can choose when & from which catalog or mini.

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #111  
Die Cut Diva

Ok I really feel silly, I am a demo and I haven't seen it yet, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a hobby demo, I don't need all the fingers on one hand to count all of my customers - myself included! :rolleyes: I've seen the Winter Mini, but I'm not done purchasing out of the Holiday Mini yet. I just ordered Holiday Trim yesterday, and there's a few more sets I'm hoping to get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #113  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
As far as the tag punch SINCE someone has already posted about it and I do not see any harm in letting people know what it looks like...it's smaller than the one in the catalog. This will allow you to use the bigger one that's already in the catalog to mat the smaller one.
Ohhhh so that's what the fuss about the punch is about :p

As for rest of the debate whether or not to share. I'm of two minds about it. I love to get all the typed/verbal sneakpeaks but at the same time I don't like the hype going on when the demos starts getting their sneakpeaks. I want it, but I don't want it.

My demo is long distance and it is not always that we get everything sorted out in regards to getting the minis sent out, so there has been times when I've had to rely on either getting the "preview" info from SCS or simply wait until SU releases it to the hordes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #114  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Probably reading your blog...instead of actually stamping

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie
Imagine you are planning on announcing you are pregnant for the first time at your family's big Thanksgiving dinner... only to find out when you get there that your doofy cousin has already e-mailed everyone with the news and all the excitement is over.
I'm a demo and am not going to get involved in the "to see or not to see" war, but I thought this was a hilarious analogy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #115  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
It's a dual edge sword.

sounds good and I agree.... I would like to say that as a customer I would not call my demo up and demand a sneak peek. I wouldn't put her in that position. JMHO I try to respect that the company releases items in anticpation of when it benefits them the most. Otherwise, why not just post the new catty and all the mini's on January 1st for the whole year. There is a reason why companies time their releases and I guess I would respect their representatives to comply with their issues of timing on the release of that information. If you were an author and had a HUGE book tour planned would you want the book published in an on line forum? Probably not, because there would be talk show appearances, advertisements, etc timed to coincide with the release of the book.....

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #116  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Before I was a demo, my demo wasn't very "sharing" at all - and SCS wasn't around yet. So I'd stalk the SU! site the first of every month to see if there was anything new. LOL Otherwise, I wouldn't hear anything til we went to the workshop.

So I totally understand the excitement. I'm just a small hobby demo, but I do show my customers (all three of them, all good friends) the mini online if they are here, or if they come by and I have my paper copy.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #117  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazG
The demos on this board and elsewhere that are offering to show it to their customers are in breach of their demo agreement. That's up to them but the majority of demos are much more responsible and are not willing to risk losing their demo status.
I would love to know where you got this info from on the demo agreement. I have never come across this information, and I am unaware of this being printed anywhere.....please post or PM me where it can be found, as I want to be sure my entire downline is following the actual SU rules.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #118  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks to everyone who posted to tell me that the Winter mini is not about christmas stamps. I didn't know that was the case but it certainly makes a lot more sense that they don't release it until the end of November. LOL! I'm going back to making my Christmas cards now and turning in the big order I just finalized today from the big catalog. Everyone have a super evening and I'll see you around SCS tomorrow. I've got to get some sleep and then get up and ready for another stupid busy day at the office!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #119  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Quote:

Thanks to everyone who posted to tell me that the Winter mini is not about christmas stamps. I didn't know that was the case but it certainly makes a lot more sense that they don't release it until the end of November. LOL! I'm going back to making my Christmas cards now and turning in the big order I just finalized today from the big catalog. Everyone have a super evening and I'll see you around SCS tomorrow. I've got to get some sleep and then get up and ready for another stupid busy day at the office!
What's weird is, last year (I think?) they didn't put Easter stamps in the winter mini and Easter was at the end of March!!! It didn't leave much time for people to order an Easter set from the spring mini in time to make cards!

I don't know yet when Easter is next year.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #120  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph315

Me, too. I'm a new demo and I thought this thread was started by a person who was as excited about the new mini as I was and so I just posted because I was excited about it, too. I didn't mean to cause any hard feelings and I sincerely was not trying to tease any of you or hold it above you or anything. I was joining in on the excitement...........but I won't do it again now that I know you don't want us to do that...........Sorry
Reply With Quote Likes