Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do my clear stamps turn an ugly yellow?!

Can anyone please tell me, do all clear stamps turn a gross ugly yellow color?:confused:

I'm a red rubber wood block lover, but there are so many adorable must have stamps that only come unmounted and clear. A friend bought me an unmounted set that sat unused for about 2 years, I finally used it and decided that unmounted wasn't that bad. :o I jumped in and bought about 8 clear sets and was all excited until I stamped a bunch of images/sentiments for a WRAK and then my stamps were gross and yellow. :mad: I can't stand to look at of use them now. They are Verve and PTI. Gave up and decided clear waws not for me then I saw the most adorable cat Christmas set from CDS and had to have it! I've just used it and the outlines have turned yellow...yulk! Not as bad as the other stamps that completly turned yellow, but still.

Do all clear stamps get this way? Do I just need to learn to live with my stamps being so ugly or stick to rubber? I am using Memento ink and cleaning with SU cleaner. I also tried StazOn on the first yellow set, but it made it worse. I've also used soap and water after the SU cleaner.

I just enjoy keeping everything clean and nice looking and need help to keep my clear stamps beautiful so that I can use them and not cringe when I take them out. There are just soooo many clear stamps that I want.

Thanks for any insight and for just letting me vent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Many clear stamps yellow. It is because they are created using light as they are made with photo polymer. The yellowing may be unattractive, but it should not effect how they work. The best tip I can give you is to store them out of direct light, sunlight especially. I have a tendency to leave my stamps out on my table if I don't have time to put them away right away, and this can be a bad habit if your stamps tend to yellow. Also, there are many companies (SNSS is one of them) whose clear stamps are made with a photo polymer that resists yellowing, however, that does not mean they won't at all if left in the light for a longer period of time. They just won't has quickly.

Hope this is helpful and that you are still able to enjoy your clear stamps!

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

From what I've noticed, my inkadinkado clear stamps don't become yellow, even after much use. On the other hand, a couple of Sarah Kays I bought became yellow from the start. So maybe the material of the stamp makes some difference.
On the other hand, yellow or not, it doesn't affect the final result, the stamped image, so maybe it isn't worth worrying about.
Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapgalGRView Post
From what I've noticed, my inkadinkado clear stamps don't become yellow, even after much use. On the other hand, a couple of Sarah Kays I bought became yellow from the start. So maybe the material of the stamp makes some difference.
On the other hand, yellow or not, it doesn't affect the final result, the stamped image, so maybe it isn't worth worrying about.
Hope that helps!
The material they are made with is definitely a factor in yellowing. Clear stamps are usually made of one of two things: photopolymer (much better quality clear stamps usually made in the USA) OR molded silicon (doesn't stick as well and often NOT made in the USA, also much cheaper to manufacture).

Photopolymer stamps are made using light (thus "photo" polymer) so they have more of a tendency to yellow. The main cause of yellowing is extended exposure to UV light. Again, it should NOT effect image. If it does, I would recommend you contact the company you got them from.

Silicon stamps may not yellow at all, but they rarely produce nice stamped images as silicon is not made for ink transfer. Ink beading usually occurs when using silicon clear stamps, which never produces a nice stamped image.

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Everything Sweetnsassystamps said is what I've read about photopolymer stamps turning yellow. I actually prefer them turning slightly yellow - it makes them easier to see on my table (especially those tiny little ones) or if I happen to drop one on the floor. When they're still colourless they blend in with everything and they're very hard to see. I will actually use an ink that I know will stain my stamps first just to give them "a little colour".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I've had CTMH and Inkas turn yellow on me, but never a PTI or Verve set! That's strange, but like the other girls have said, it won't affect the quality of your stamped image at all! I think it makes them look "loved" lol!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Thank you everyone (except Pollybear) for the possitive and helpful information. Glad to see that turning yellow is normal! I still don't like the look, but I am relived to find out that I am not doing something wrong or damaging the stamps.

I might have also added that I was using black ink on the stamps. Also, I do have a couple of sets from Inkadinkado that I did not turn yellow at all, but I stamped them with SU Classic ink in blue and pink.

I wasn't saying ALL clear stamps ALL turn yellow ALL of the time. I was wondering if perhaps the cleaner, method of cleaning or type of ink (black Memento) may be the culprit. My PTI and Verve sets most certainly did turn completly yellow (yulk), and my CDS just turned yellow or actually left a stain where the black ink had been (I can live with this). I read on another thread here that StazOn cleaner will turn the stamps yellow, which is what I used on the Verve and PTI. Oh and I keep all of my clear stamps in a Gina K binder, with decorative paper over the cover on a bookself out of direct sunlight, so the only time they see any light is when I am actually using them, which has only been 1 or 2 times at most and I put eveything away as I am going, so it wouldn't been light exposure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

I have two PTI sets that are rarely used. They are stored in a cabinet and hardly ever see the light of day, and they have yellowed. I think it's just the nature of clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 02:55 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I've had the best clear stamps, CTMH, turn yellow. CTMH is the best I have seen and I have used tons of clear stamps.

To the OP, don't worry about yellow. As everyone else said, it doesn't affect the stamped image and it is a lot easier to see them when they are yellow. I've had CTMH stamps actually pick up the ink and stain and it doesn't bother me. They stained using CTMH's ink. I've only had a few stamps do that, but it is just part of using clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:46 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I have some sets that turn and others that don't.. some have seen ink and turned, some haven't and have turned. It's all about the process Like Korin said. I HATE when they turn but it has no effect, except on aesthetics. I also hate staining them which is why I usually use CTMH inks since they won't stain.. at least not much, most of the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

After reading Inky Paws' reply about lack of light exposure I see my answer may not have been what you were looking for and I should have added....many inks (black and darker inks especially) will stain your clear stamps after just one use. They may even turn a shade of yellow/green. My used clear stamps are all "stained". There really is nothing that can be done about that. The color of the stain will depend on the ink, so that could be the "yellowing" you are referring to in which case if many of your clear stamps are "yellowing", it's likely just because you have used them .

Great topic for discussion, BTW! I hope I have been able to help a bit!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Korin Sutherland
My Website

Last edited by SweetnSassyStamps; 12-25-2009 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystampsView Post
After reading Inky Paws' reply about lack of light exposure I see my answer may not have been what you were looking for and I should have added....many inks (black and darker inks especially) will stain your clear stamps after just one use. They may even turn a shade of yellow/green. My used clear stamps are all "stained". There really is nothing that can be done about that. The color of the stain will depend on the ink, so that could be the "yellowing" you are referring to in which case if many of your clear stamps are "yellowing", it's likely just because you have used them .

Merry CHRISTmas!

I have clear stamps some have yellowed and some have not, but definately those that I used with dark inks.

I have a set of PTI stamps with very tiny words and it was so difficult to read what they were that I inked the entire set with stazon and let them dry - i.e. stain. Now I can see what the words are. I don't mind that my stamps are stained and in fact, some of the stained ones give a better impression, kind of like using a seasoned frying pan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually prefer when my clear stamps aren't quite so clear anymore. I don't lose them as often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystampsView Post

Merry CHRISTmas!
Reds and blacks seem to stain the worst.

As for yellowing, I have seen stamp sets hanging on the pegs at HL and Mike's that are starting to yellow and you know they have never been inked. just something you learn to expect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Default Why do my clear stamps turn an ugly yellow?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inky PawsView Post
Thank you everyone (except Pollybear) for the possitive and helpful information. Glad to see that turning yellow is normal! I still don't like the look, but I am relived to find out that I am not doing something wrong or damaging the stamps.

I might have also added that I was using black ink on the stamps. Also, I do have a couple of sets from Inkadinkado that I did not turn yellow at all, but I stamped them with SU Classic ink in blue and pink.

I wasn't saying ALL clear stamps ALL turn yellow ALL of the time. I was wondering if perhaps the cleaner, method of cleaning or type of ink (black Memento) may be the culprit. My PTI and Verve sets most certainly did turn completly yellow (yulk), and my CDS just turned yellow or actually left a stain where the black ink had been (I can live with this). I read on another thread here that StazOn cleaner will turn the stamps yellow, which is what I used on the Verve and PTI. Oh and I keep all of my clear stamps in a Gina K binder, with decorative paper over the cover on a bookself out of direct sunlight, so the only time they see any light is when I am actually using them, which has only been 1 or 2 times at most and I put eveything away as I am going, so it wouldn't been light exposure.
To my knowledge, StazOn ink is fine to use with clear stamps... but then they will be stained permanently.... but StazOn Cleaner can ruin (in some cases, melt) clear photopolymer stamps.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

I've stamped for years with clear acrylic stamps, mostly CTMH and never had them yellow, The only stamps I've had yellow were cheapos I bought when I first began stamping. But they still perform just fine...I always assumed it was because they were low quality but I don't really know what causes it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitchen sink stampsView Post
To my knowledge, StazOn ink is fine to use with clear stamps... but then they will be stained permanently.... but StazOn Cleaner can ruin (in some cases, melt) clear photopolymer stamps.:(

I have read that Stazon is not good for cleaning clear stamps and I know for a fact that Stazon cleaner will damage your clear stamp blocks (it will put spider cracks in them).

It is better use a product like Ultra Clear for cleaning permanent inks (Stazon) off your clear stamps. I use the home made stamp cleaner or SU Stampin Mist for my clear stamps.

Also, DO NOT get OMS on your clear stamps. It melts them! I spilt some OMS on my desk and didn't realize it reached one of my clear stamps and the next day when I saw it, my clear stamp looked like a gummi bear :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:52 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Dont worry about your stamps discolouring just keep your stamps in the dark like a cupboard or drawer or storage box. I have many wooden stamps which i love and i always keep them away from direct sunlight.
If you purchase any new CTMH clear acrylix stamps use the bamboo inkpad first this i believe is helful to provide less staining of the clear stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I intentionally use black stazon on my clear stamps, then I don't clean them. That way I can see them better when I am mounting and using them later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just am not picky about what kind of stamp I use. If it's nice looking, serves the purpose intended, I love it, no matter if it's rubber, wood mounted or unmounted or clear. I look for the image I need the stamp to be for it's intended use. I have noticed in my Archiver's store, that the clear sets will yellow before they are sold, but it doesn't affect the way they stamp! I love all stamps when they serve the purpose I need them! I like using clear blocks with my clear sets, and I love using rubber mounted and unmounted. I am just not picky about it. If the clear stamps yellow, I don't mind at all, IF it doesn't affect the image. So far so good, all my stamps are doing great!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used to hate the yellowing and thought that it was only the cheapos that yellowed until I saw some Hero Arts stamps in a craft strore that were yellowed. In have very few that have yellowed, but I keep mine out of the light.
What REALLY bugs me are the ones that fall off the block even after cleaning them and the block with mild soap and water. And as many others have mentioned, they are easier to see with staining!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
I actually prefer when my clear stamps aren't quite so clear anymore. I don't lose them as often.
*snorts* Shhh Jeanne, your telling your age....rofl, and mine! I do this too....

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I have read that Stazon is not good for cleaning clear stamps and I know for a fact that Stazon cleaner will damage your clear stamp blocks (it will put spider cracks in them).

It is better use a product like Ultra Clear for cleaning permanent inks (Stazon) off your clear stamps. I use the home made stamp cleaner or SU Stampin Mist for my clear stamps.

Also, DO NOT get OMS on your clear stamps. It melts them! I spilt some OMS on my desk and didn't realize it reached one of my clear stamps and the next day when I saw it, my clear stamp looked like a gummi bear :(
What is OMS? I am not familiar with that term.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
What is OMS? I am not familiar with that term.
OMS=Odorless Mineral Spirits.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseygalView Post
I used to hate the yellowing and thought that it was only the cheapos that yellowed until I saw some Hero Arts stamps in a craft strore that were yellowed. In have very few that have yellowed, but I keep mine out of the light.
What REALLY bugs me are the ones that fall off the block even after cleaning them and the block with mild soap and water. And as many others have mentioned, they are easier to see with staining!
A great trick to rejuvenate the "stickiness" of clear stamps, is to wipe the back of the stamp... not the image side (and the block too helps remove ink residue) with plain old rubbing alcohol. Then air dry. Then your clear stamp should stick to the block like it did when it was new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

One thing I have learned the hard way is to ALWAYS use Versamark or similar product BEFORE using any black ink. I have used serveral cleaners on non Stazon inks and still get the same problem. I would never think to use ANY color Stazon without the Versamark. Then the Stazon cleaner works just fine.

Some yellow and some don't in my experience. I have even bought sets of clear stamps and some in the set have yellowed and some have not. So I really think it is something in the polymer they are made from, and different formulas they use. I store all my stamps in a drawer out of light and not alot of air. My rubbers only stain if I use black ink.

I unmount almost all of my non SU stamps, and even some of my SU stamps have been taken off the wood blocks because they really annoy me. But that is just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #27  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenwhiteView Post
One thing I have learned the hard way is to ALWAYS use Versamark or similar product BEFORE using any black ink. I have used serveral cleaners on non Stazon inks and still get the same problem. I would never think to use ANY color Stazon without the Versamark. Then the Stazon cleaner works just fine..
A little info that might help: Not using Stazon is not about how clean it gets your stamps but the about the damage it does to your clear stamps. Over time your clear stamps will become hard and no longer give a clear image and they can also tear when you remove them from storage or your stamping block.

Stazon cleaner is supposed to be safe for clear/acrylic stamps but before I knew any difference I used it and it ruined some of my stamps. Perhaps it varies from stamp to stamp, but I'm not taking anymore chances. Also, many of the clear stamp mfg. recommend not using Stazon cleaner on clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenwhiteView Post
One thing I have learned the hard way is to ALWAYS use Versamark or similar product BEFORE using any black ink. I have used serveral cleaners on non Stazon inks and still get the same problem. I would never think to use ANY color Stazon without the Versamark. Then the Stazon cleaner works just fine.

Some yellow and some don't in my experience. I have even bought sets of clear stamps and some in the set have yellowed and some have not. So I really think it is something in the polymer they are made from, and different formulas they use. I store all my stamps in a drawer out of light and not a lot of air. My rubbers only stain if I use black ink.

I unmount almost all of my non SU stamps, and even some of my SU stamps have been taken off the wood blocks because they really annoy me. But that is just me.
Thanks for sharing this cool technique Karen... most defiantly will have to remember to use VersMark before StazOn Ink.

I will share that photopolymer clear stamps are porous (unlike silicone clear stamps)... so in time they will start to take on the color of ink that is used the most. I have quiet a number of clear stamps that are blue and green.... which is from the tiny particles of ink getting embedded into the stamp pores.... but this is microscopic... and the discoloration should not effect the image of the stamp. A side note on color.... some of the color pigments that get left behind and embedded into the stamp may be different than the color itself .... because the finished color is a mix of colors.... so an Imperial Purple may in time leave a clear stamp looking reddish in color not purple.

I personally see all my different colored stamps as a sign of being well used and loved.... each taking on a life (or color) of its own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #29  
Crimping Master

Thanks, peeps.

Cleaning stamps is a real bugbear for me. I like to have them all pristine and I have tried several methods to keep them clean. Staining is one thing, being clean is another. If they are not clean, gunk builds up and can make the stamp not stamp crisply and have things stamp out that are not supposed to be in the image. I use an old SOFT toothbrush for this, although one that has never seen teeth. (lol)

When I stamp the same image over and over in one sitting, for example, I am presently making forty butterflies to stick onto my wall, I wipe the ink off between stampings or if I am taking a break with just a baby wipe. I clean my hands with the baby wipe and EVERYTHING gets dried with toilet paper (recycled - lol). When I have finished a project, or at the end of the day, I then give my stamps a really good clean AFTER stamping out on some toilet paper. STAMPING OUT after use is very important. Only takes a second and helps with the cleaning process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I think most manufacturers give advice about cleaning your stamps and aftercare, i know the CTMH clear stamps have a great guidance card inside every stamp set you purchase. i never liked clear stamps at all until i used my first clear stamp from CTMH then my opinions changed , dont worry if staining occurs because like somone pointed out you see them better on the storage sheet and dont loose little tiny ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of my clear stamps (both photopolymer and non photopolymer) are stained too. I have the Inkadinkado ones (not photopolymer) too and they are stained as well. The ones stamped with SU! black ink were stained yellow, and the ones stamped with Stewart Superior (Palette) black were stained pink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

Talking Awesome thread, thank you.

This is awesome thread. Thank you to everyone for all of the fantastic information. I have always been a rubber/wood block fan, but have fallen in love with the limitless variety of amazing clear stamp designs that in the last few months have purchased many of them from different companies. I am now converted. I still like my rubber, but have expanded my tastes to include the clear stamps.

I am a stamper, like some, who endeavours to keep my stamps in pristine condition. With rubber, it is not difficult, unless you use Stazon. However, with the versamark tip I learnt here, I can now keep my rubber stamps from horrible Stazon staining. Now, I can also relax if my clear stamps yellow. I do have one set that I used a fair bit over the holiday craft time that is stained from using black ink. Just lightly, but stained all the same. I was going to try using the Stazon cleaner, but now I definitely will not. I did find, though, that having the light staining did make it easier to read the sentiments and see the images much easier.

Anyway, I should stop rambling and repeating what others have said. I just wanted to say thank you so very much for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of us. It really does make a difference in how we enjoy our products and our crafting time.

All the best in the New Year to everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

I am a die hard CTMH fan. I have very little that is not their product in terms of stamps and ink. I use light browns (Desert Sand, Brown Bag and my recent aquisition, Bamboo) to stamp off my sets for my sample duotang. Many get a light stain to them, reds and blacks being the worst offenders. While I'm not fond of it, I learn to live with it and remember that it means they're well used. I'm not fond of the Stazon stains though as the stamps are no longer clear after unless you use the Stazon cleaner immediately after stamping.

CTMH sells Stazon ink and cleaner in their catalogue. I would find it surprising that they sell the cleaner if it wasn't safe for their brand of stamps. I will try to remember to avoid using it on the few sets of non-CTMH that I have though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Clear stamps

I have found that if I do an initial stamp on my versamark before going to a color ink, the clear stamps don't seem to pick up as much color. I have some ugly yellow clear stamps that are 22 years old that stamp just fine! Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #35  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

Wonderful question and reading all the info. I use only a few clear stamps...I am still a wood rubber stamp chick....LOL but at least I have learned even if turning yellow it doesn't effect the card. I just try to make the best cards possible...again thanks for this post. Hugs to each one of you...Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #36  
Crimping Master

Using the Versamark before the ink means that almost all the ink goes onto the page. If you are not getting and even inking when you use Versamark, you should probably check to see that you have only a very even coating of Versamark and make sure the ink is even as well. It can take a while of looking to train your eye to see this. I also find that the foam ink pads pass ink far more evenly and with less faffing about than the fabric ones. I find fabric inkpads really annoying, but I have so many I still use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:52 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There a few brands I noticed that turn more yellow than others. This does not bother me anymore. Neither does the stained image on my stamps. I actually like it because I can then see the image and what it is much better. And I know they are loved by me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lheck143View Post
I have found that if I do an initial stamp on my versamark before going to a color ink, the clear stamps don't seem to pick up as much color. I have some ugly yellow clear stamps that are 22 years old that stamp just fine! Lori
TWENTY TWO years old??? Are you serious?? I had no idea they made clear stamps back then!!! Wish I had discovered clear stamps earlier!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

I use the yellowing as an indication that I have used the stamp, therefore I need to BUY MORE!!!
Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #40  
Inking Addict

Default Another cleaner question

First, thanks to Trish (MSCRAFTY) for saying exactly what I would have said about this thread - now I don't have to type all that - LOL!

Before I try out my new collection of clear stamps, & use StazOn or any other black ink, has anyone used Judikins permanent & fabric ink stamp cleaner on clear stamps? It is my favorite cleaner - I have better results with it than with StazOn cleaner - now I'm wondering if like StazOn cleaner it might damage the stamps and/or their cling properties.

TFS!
Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes