Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #641  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the last page page 15 i mentioned about this thread celebrating its 4 month success well we are going to celebrate we are having a PARTY yes you heard A Close To My Heart PARTY.
Now how can you have a Party on line easy you simply celebrate at home get some food and a nice little non alchoholic drink of course and join in the CTMH PARTY.
we shall be of course be at different time slots around some of us five to eight hours like me in front but im sure i can stay on line to participate with the chat .
We shall have a quiz on CTMH so get your idea books out because you will need them.
Do you know your CTMH color families do you know how to whip up a card in 7 minutes flat well you will at this PARTY Its a nibble, drink, and creating PARTY so lets make the date 20th March dont be late.
Regards To All
ANDREW
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
On the last page page 15 i mentioned about this thread celebrating its 4 month success well we are going to celebrate we are having a PARTY yes you heard A Close To My Heart PARTY.
Now how can you have a Party on line easy you simply celebrate at home get some food and a nice little non alchoholic drink of course and join in the CTMH PARTY.
we shall be of course be at different time slots around some of us five to eight hours like me in front but im sure i can stay on line to participate with the chat .
We shall have a quiz on CTMH so get your idea books out because you will need them.
Do you know your CTMH color families do you know how to whip up a card in 7 minutes flat well you will at this PARTY Its a nibble, drink, and creating PARTY so lets make the date 20th March dont be late.
Regards To All
ANDREW
We're busy that day, but I'll see what time you're all partying and see if I can't pop in.

That is right after my yearly observation with the boss that does nto like me personally ro professionally, so I believe my beverage will involve the hard stuff. Hoping to join you all!!

Andrew, I'm 5 or 6 hours behind you. I believe it's 6 (it was 6 when I was in Amsterdam) - that was after day light savings ended. Do you practice that?
Watercolor Wizard

(in fact, no matter if it's 5 or 6, it's the middle of the night by you now!! Can't sleep??)
Stampin' Fool

Okay, I'll need a time. I'm going to be at my mom's but I will plan on it.
Mad Swapper

This sounds fun! What time (and according to what time zone)??
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Matboard Maniac

Well i gues it will be difficult to get the time factor right for the majority i am probably the one with time in front of all you crafters in America.
Like i said i am aprox 5 hours in front to the majority of you, so i will obviously start UK time, 10pm UK time, American time those who are 5 hour behind me 5pm, so we shall start at 5pm American time on Saturday March 20th mark the date on your calenders, or i shall remind from time to time on this CTMH thread.
Andrew
Pearl-ExPert

I'm coming to the party too!! I'm bringing my wine though. Have to have a glass every so often!! LOL..but I'll do my cheese and vegies too! I don't want anything too messy to mark up my paper. I will use MAKE IT COUNT & TREASURE LIFE as my stamp sets. I don't have CTMH paper though...but I'll be there!! Yippeee!!
Inking Addict

Andrew, thanks so much for organizing our party here. I should be able to make it...with a spot of wine! It's Sat. evening, after all. I'm dying to see how you do a card in 7 min. I really need a way to make fast cards. I wonder over the cards I'm making for a long time!
Matboard Maniac

Sounds wonderful to me. I'll be there ... wait here. 7 minute card? Let's just see how I can sabotage that ... I never do anything quickly.
Stampin' Fool

I'll make my pizza and make sure I get some caffeine free diet pepsi to bring, lol. I'm on Nutrisystem so no junk for me.
Matboard Maniac

Anyone who wishes to join our CTMH party although directions or recipes will be given, dont worry if you dont have Colonial white for example use a ivory substitute or if it says garden green, use a pale green. If we use Chocolate ink and no chocolate ink pad use a brown ink same with ribbon etc.
I would wish everyone who loves CTMH to come and join us, its a FUN PARTY no hard fast rules just some Fun and most important enjoy what you are doing .

Well im going out now for some good old fashioned Traditional British fish and Chips and of course those mushy Peas ohh yummy but i promise to be good and eat my buttered bread roll tooand i must have my Black Coffee to swill it all down.
Have A Great Evening
Andrew.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Well im going out now for some good old fashioned Traditional British fish and Chips and of course those mushy Peas ohh yummy but i promise to be good and eat my buttered bread roll tooand i must have my Black Coffee to swill it all down.
Have A Great Evening
Andrew.
Oooh I love fish & chips. My ex-husband was born in England (Air Force brat) and his mom says that she missed being able to get authentic fish & chips (with the vinegar). Me & my kids absolutely LOVE salt and vinegar potato chips (crisps).

I've updated my blog with a project and tutorial that uses CTMH products. It's my first tutorial and I'd love some feedback. Oh, and I've decided to sign up with CTMH. I'm going to do it sometime this weekend and will hopefully have my kit next week. I'm so excited!

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Hardware Hotshot

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Jenn, what a great tutorial. Very easy to follow, and those paper flowers are really hot right now, so good choice of subject. I loved your card, too. And welcome to CTMH - you're going to love being part of this company!

Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Hi Everyone!

I've been so busy haven't had a chance to barely open my computer....guess 194 emails tells me that... :o)

I can't wait until March 20th! What a great idea, Andrew....love it. I have to work during the day, but should at least be able to join for a bit....I won't say if I'll have a libation or not... ;)

I have been busy preparing for the CTMH Convention in July. I may be in over my head, but the contest this year is to complete a scrapbook that follows specific requirements. Each page has to have the specified number of pictures with the specified theme. I have taken atleast 6 weeks picking a group of pictures. Tonight I started with the papers....whew.... :o) I am trying to mix a number of Paper Packs together....that is yet ANOTHER reason I love CTMH (keeping with the theme of this thread) ... the Paper Packs combine cardstock colors. If you study the packs, it is amazing the combos you can get. On the flip side, if you don't want to work that hard, everything is spelled out perfectly. The paper packs, card stock, embellishments etc are just wonderfully "matchy matchy."

I also have been making items for a gift shop that is selling my completed projects. Unexpectedly, (yippee for me) they sold out of my altered Composition Books in 2 days. I have to hustle to make more! I will also be teaching a Twitterpated layout there on March 25th.

I can't wait to have a chance to just make a card!

Till next time,
Cindy
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Jenn, what a great tutorial. Very easy to follow, and those paper flowers are really hot right now, so good choice of subject. I loved your card, too. And welcome to CTMH - you're going to love being part of this company!
Thanks so much! I looked around your blog and just love the layouts you've done. I especially like the owl layout. I've been a consultant previously and have been gone for almost a year. So I am really looking forward to coming back. I find myself wondering why on earth I ever left. LOL

Watercolor Wizard

Hi & welcome Jenn!
Stampin' Fool

New card with Celebrations. I found this old paper that was perfect with the green ribbon and button brads.

Card
Inking Addict

Welcome back to CTMH Jenn! Everytime I think of leaving, I find I just can't do it!:-D:-D
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniewrenView Post
I've updated my blog with a project and tutorial that uses CTMH products. It's my first tutorial and I'd love some feedback.
What a great tutorial! I love how you used a flower punch for the flowers instead of just the scallop punch. Thanks for sharing!
Mad Swapper

Great tutorial, Jenn!

I hope to have signed up and have my kit by the 20th, but if not I think I have enough CTMH stuff to be able to participate. Sounds like fun! Glad I found this thread...
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Hardware Hotshot

Today I thought of another reason why I love CTMH: Flip-Flaps. Whoever designed these is a genius. For those who don't know, Flip-Flaps are a wonderful way to get more pictures on a layout. They are essentially photo sleeves that adhere to the outside of your page protector, so you can flip them up and see the other pictures hidden underneath. No more having to remove a layout from the page protector to see the hidden photos or journaling. I use them all the time, and I can't believe I ever got along without them. (Okay, climbing off my soapbox now!)

Hardware Hotshot

BTW, I posted an all-CTMH layout in the gallery this morning. Just doing my part to get CTMH out there!

Pure Mischief

Stazon Splitcoast

oh party, how kool.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
BTW, I posted an all-CTMH layout in the gallery this morning. Just doing my part to get CTMH out there!

Pure Mischief
Cute layout. I love how you did the hearts along the side. Perfect title too. I was talking to my neighbor this evening and she was saying that she wonders why she wanted another boy and is hoping when they get around to having another one in a couple of years that it's girl. LOL She said two boys are more than enough and they're just always full of energy and into EVERYTHING! I told her God knew me well enough to only give me one boy. LOL I love my son, but my girls are so much easier!

Pearl-ExPert

I'm at the beach this weekend, so I've had to use my small laptop, but I can't stay away from these threads! LOL...we went to Ocean City Marylands boardwalk yesterday, and it was a beautiful day! It was great to get some fresh air after being housebound because of all the snow we've received! This means that I have been away from my crafting supplies, so no card making this weekend!! Can't wait to get back to it!! Karen
Inking Addict

Another thing to love about CTMH: the products sell themselves...

I went to a crop with about 18 people yesterday. This group was new to me, but I put out my stuff and started scrapping using a Reflections LO. Next thing I know, my book is being passed around the room and three ladies ordered it from me. I also was using Felicity papers and I sold two sets that I had earned for free! I was really just trying to scrap for my family and not do business because the gal that runs this crop and shop monthly also sells various stuff that she orders to sell. I didn't want to compete with her. But she was just fine with people asking me to order. It's like having the only water supply for very thirsty scrappers.
Stampin' Fool

Question for consultants. My upline did not understand what I was saying. Since I just signed up, I have until June to do my 300.00. If I place an order on the 15th, that counts towards the June minimum, correct? If it doesn't, I won't place the order until April.
Watercolor Wizard

Pretty new myself, so someone else step in and correct me if I'm wrong (because it would be good to know if I'm wrong so I don't make the mistake!) My understanding is this: you have a "grace period" for the 1st Quarter you sign up. Order totals do not "spill over" into the following Quarter. You just get that grace period to get going.

Again, this is only my understanding. Anyone, if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me so I have the proper info, too!
Polyshrink Goddess

Any order you place now goes for the current quarter that you are in, which ends March 31st. Since you just signed up, you do not have to meet the quota for this quarter. You do however need to sell $300 between April 1st and June 30th in order not to drop down to a junior consultant. Good luck!

Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
Question for consultants. My upline did not understand what I was saying. Since I just signed up, I have until June to do my 300.00. If I place an order on the 15th, that counts towards the June minimum, correct? If it doesn't, I won't place the order until April.
Here's what I tell my girls Since you signed up on the 1st of March, your STTT didn't start until 5 days after your kit ships. That gives you a few extra days to make your STTT. So, I'd wait until 4/1 to place that order. It will still be in time to make your first STTT level, and it will go towards the quota you need to make in the second quarter. Also, not sure if you found this, but if you don't know when your STTT levels end, you can find them by going into Online Reports and then click the STTT option. It will show what your dates are.

Suz
Glitter Queen

I am so glad I found this thread!

I am a CTMH consultant - been one since November 2006 and I love it! So looking forward to the Summer Catalog and Convention this summer in DC!!!
Compulsive Stamper

Wow, what a long thread. This might just be my first post here so I hope I do it right. I've been a member of the board for awhile but don't remember if I ever posted.

I'm a CTMH consultant and love my job. The papers are great, the stamps are see thru (thank goodness) and everything matches. That was enough for me to sign up but the blessings I've received since becoming a consultant are so much more than that. My fellow consultants are some of the most wonderful people ever and I really appreciate how instantly I've become friends with so many of them. My customers are incredible too and I've found many friends amongst them too. Aren't we lucky to take part in such a great hobby?
Compulsive Stamper

Oh, and by the way, can replies be sent to our email addresses or do we have to just check in daily to see the thread?
Pearl-ExPert

Most replys are done here, on the thread. The only way you can receive personal replys is thru your PM messages, or if you give your email addy to someone. I have a question....do you need to be a consultant to go to the CTMH convention in DC this summer? I would love to go, but not sure yet when I'll drop my membership with TAC, and begin this. Can you go as a guest to someone? thanks.
Compulsive Stamper

Karen,

You do have to be a consultant, sorry. It's such a great experience and I know you would love it. This is a great month to sign up though because they are adding 4 extra stamps to the consultant kit making it worth $400 instead of $300 (costs $99). You would be eligible to go if you did sign up. Something to think about.
Compulsive Stamper

And it did come to my home email so yay!!
Matboard Maniac

Good Evening Everyone, well the weekend is finished and the weather glad to say was much better sun but still bitter cold. This evening frost on the car so its still not spring yet.
On a brighter note nice to see some new names welcome Fan not sure of your name hope now you have found us you will visit us when you can. welcome too katie hope you too will post again and jenn glad to see you are back in the swing of things with CTMH. we sometimes make decisions to stop doing what we love but eventually we realise we have misssed something in our lifes, you really have missed CTMH i can tell, glad you are posting with us.

If Anyone has not seen the Date Saturday 20th March 5pm American time we start the CTMH PARTY make a note in your diaries and join us when you can .
For more info see the early posts.

Well i shall have to go its late and i have to finish off tommorow my Beginners workshop at 7pm UK time its a small workshop for 2 hours, cardmaking for beginners its ages since i taught beginners so fingerscrossed it goes well so i can do a monthly slot .
Regards To All
Andrew
Pearl-ExPert

Andrew...not to worry!! I am sure you will do a terrific job with the beginner group!! How fun!! It does take us back to our days as beginners ourselves! I have been doing this for 7 yrs now, and I have not grown tired of it! I still love it, and my only wish is that I had more time!! My dag gone day job interfers with my crafting time!! LOL....time to watch the Academy awards. Nite everyone!!
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniewrenView Post
Any order you place now goes for the current quarter that you are in, which ends March 31st. Since you just signed up, you do not have to meet the quota for this quarter. You do however need to sell $300 between April 1st and June 30th in order not to drop down to a junior consultant. Good luck!
Thanks for clarifying that. No need for good luck. I'm only placing orders for myself and since I want the larger discount, I'll just place the order on April 1.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
Thanks for clarifying that. No need for good luck. I'm only placing orders for myself and since I want the larger discount, I'll just place the order on April 1.
I wish my budget could afford for me to meet the minimums myself once I sign back up. DH has already told me I am not to do that...so I'll have to really work hard to get things going or drop to junior. Maybe someday when all of our debt is paid down I can afford to do that. :mrgreen: Have fun with it! There are so many great products to enjoy and play with.