Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #521  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
Well that does it for me. I'm signing up. Not that I intend to really sell, but I am sure that I'll spend just as much buying either way. This way, I at least get a discount on what I buy.
You won't be sorry! I joined for the discount back in 2003, and it took off from there. The resources they provide are fantastic, and they're always on the cutting edge of new products.

Suz
CTMH Director
http://www.suzastampin.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
It was the exact reason I signed up. And I have a super upline who is OK with me not being saleswoman of the year and buying for myself. (And it's funny, but I have collected literally $490 is class fees so far, half of that as pure profit. Since Jan. 1. Covers most of my quota for next Quarter...and I never planned on doing anything but buying my own stuff!)

My next "phase" is ordering ribbon, brads, and more Level 2 packs. I'm trying to hold off until April but CTMH makes it so difficult to control that immediate gratification gene I have!!

(BUT...my new glasses cost me $700 this morning, so I think I will wait a few days beofe I let the DH see Mr. Brown drive up with a white box, lol!)
Ah shucks, thanks! LOL!! You have been doing wonderfully.
That really stinks that your glasses got stolen. Geesh!!

Suz
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzastampinView Post
Ah shucks, thanks! LOL!! You have been doing wonderfully.
That really stinks that your glasses got stolen. Geesh!!

Suz

And yes it does. B@stards. Better hope I never find out who did it (but it is likely it wasn't my class, there are others in ther on my "off periods" and I was so scattered Friday it seems I left them - in the case - on my desk all day. I had them after my classes but not for the last period...which is when I discovered they wer emissing. The new ones will take a week. SHould make for an interesting week, since I'm almost blind without them.)
Stampin' Fool

Talking

Quote:

You won't be sorry! I joined for the discount back in 2003, and it took off from there. The resources they provide are fantastic, and they're always on the cutting edge of new products.

Suz
CTMH Director
Is this an on going from March 1 thing. If so, I'm going to sign up today. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't starting say on March 15th or something, lol. And yes, I am greedy
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Is this an on going from March 1 thing. If so, I'm going to sign up today. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't starting say on March 15th or something, lol. And yes, I am greedy
It starts today!

Suz
CTMH Director
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjamanTView Post
I completely agree about having the catalog in hand. It's great for layout ideas and invaluable for future reference particularly if you purchase aftermarket CTMH products.

Speaking of retired product, does anyone know how long ago the paper collection Caprice was retired? I really like these papers and have been looking on Ebay without success. Were these papers included in the recent clearance sale CTMH did on their website? Any info would be great! Thanks.
Benjaman,
I was just going through a bunch of stuff and found that I have a complete Caprice Level 2 if you still need it.

Suz
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

It starts today!

Suz
CTMH Director
I signed up just now. Cool. There's nothing like getting a box of fun stamping stuff and 4 free sets!
Stazon Splitcoast

woohooo congrats Terri ;)
Matboard Maniac

Hello everyone well today the sun did actually show its shy little head here in the UK, makes a change from the gloomy weather of late around the globe.

Terri well done im sure like the other people who have signed up of late and become a CTMH consultant you will save a little money with earning the commission . Even if you are your own best cutomer buying for yourself, you might as well get something to help out. Like i say wish i was a consultant but never mind im very grateful to be getting my products from America to the United Kingdom. My friend looks after me very well even with the extra costs involved like shipping and tax so i am more than happy.

With all the new Consultants i do hope you will participate in the cardmaking layout challenge coming up soon, this could be useful for Consultants who want something different to incorparate in their workshops or get togethers. Crafting is about creating and shareing ideas and although its nice to make some money selling product to prospective customers and older customers who may be current, dont forget why we initially do crafting in the first place.
Although i have had my own business run a small part time one now and run creative workshops my number one priority is myself i love to create and design cards with rubberstamps and for me this is personally very important.
I love to use the wonderful products CTMH offer and over 9 years have sold and demonstrated many companies some of the companies sadly not making stamps anymore.

I was the only person in Europe to launch the Susan Branch line into the UK and launched Donna Dewberrys artistic stamping line in 2004 in publication, and used to do design work for major publication companies like Making cards and Papercraft Inspirations i did this solid for two years .
Maybe one day i might have the priveledge of designing CTMH and featuring it in UK publication magazine if ever that time arises.
at the moment i am very happy creating with my CTMH stuff and hopefully sharing what i love to other like minded people.

Benjaman if you are reading this you are have had two offers for the Caprice level 2 carol and now Suzanne, why not buy both twice the happiness to create with.

Have a lovely day
Andrew
Matboard Maniac

I am planning on signing up as well. I was goining to do it when the club I am in is finished when the next catty comes out. Not sure what to do now as 4 bonus sets is a really good deal. Love the little hedgies. I hate to sign up and then put three more orders in with someone else. I am not signing up under the lady who does the club but someone else. What to do!
Sandy
Matboard Maniac

Looks like the print on this our CTMH Community thread is sharing and reaching out to our regulars, and many are signing up which is great oh i do hope it works out for you too sandyand you have much fun too.
Andrew
Matboard Maniac

Yes, I'm keeping up. Two Caprice offers are so wonderful. I did purchase a little over half a pack from Carol just seconds before I saw the posting from Suzi. What to do, what to do. I don't know why I am so attracted to retired items ... I did the same with the other DSA (but their current offerings are pretty sad.) Suzi my apologies for not responding I will shortly.

Andrew, it must be hard to want to be part of the CTMH organization and unable to. Does the company sell internationally? I know in the other DSA that was a big no no. So do you have your own papercrafting shop? Sounds like you have had a good amount of experience. What's the story with the challenge? I'm interested in that one for sure!
Stampin' Fool

New card with the Top Stitch kit and the Feb SOTM.

Card

I do love the paper and that stamp set is awesome. As far as signing up, I don't have the time to sell it and wouldn't want to, but why pay full price when I can get a discount on my supplies. Between my day job of engineering and my night job as an author, I am lucky to have time to play myself but I am planning to make time in the future. I will have some extra time in the near future as I have both book one and book two of my series written and we're in the final editing stage.

Last edited by Momofoneson; 03-01-2010 at 09:40 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

oh what a beautiful card!
I do like the paper ;)
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I signed up just now. Cool. There's nothing like getting a box of fun stamping stuff and 4 free sets!
Congrats!!
Matboard Maniac

Benjaman unfortunately CTMH dont sell outside America or canada, the other DSA do and thats why i dont like what happened to my friend downright cruel company and stuck their nose into my personal private affairs and business. I dont have a shop all my business was done from my home premises and mail order and still have a lovely following of people i have known some 9 years.

At the present i do successful workshops and a bit of mail order to those who still want things we did finish the mail order, but it still operates from time to time just not like it did .
I decided to get interested in CTMH because for 7 years, i looked into the company but never persude anything, i thought i would never be able to obtain the product i even have some of their old catalogues with the wooden stamps in before they brought out The My Acrylix. CTMH dont have the hard fast rule like some companies which can be very off putting, they just dont promote letting somone obtain from America and of course it has to be done through a friend basis because they dont sell direct to me.

Regarding the challenges which i hope to put on this thread every month, two have been already posted January and February if you look in the CTMH gallery only Cindy and Lela participated, but their cards are their i think Cindy did put a link from whatever page it was on and also her card went onto here and her blog. Check out Cindys posts to see the link to her blog she often smiles at everyone with the yellow flower on each posting.

Probably in the next few days i will put up the recipe for the challenge i call it directions instructions or whatever, it will be a card and you have no colour guide or picture only instructions to follow it has to be CTMH produts you useif you dont have the ink colour dont worry just put something like brown inkpad for example because i guess you will need to use you know whos pads, or you may have some of the CTMH inkpads if not i highly recommend the chocolate , cocoa for starters these colours are great to use for most projects.
Once you have made your creation post it up in the CTMH gallery and your own or even let creative minds know on your blog.
Hope this helps a little for you. i hope youget the other Caprice and i hope you create with it well and have fun too.
Andrew

Last edited by andrew overton; 03-01-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello everyone! Its wonderful to see this community growing!

I have been out of the house at the hospital with one of my twins,and will continue for another week or so.
However, I also have a couple people who are excited about becoming a consultant for discounts, and are very excited about the March special.
There is also the STT or Straight To The Top incentive program that rewards new consultants who do $1200 (?) in the first 90 days. They are rewarded with an extra $120 in CTMH goods FREE!!!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastmommieView Post
Hello everyone! Its wonderful to see this community growing!

I have been out of the house at the hospital with one of my twins,and will continue for another week or so.
However, I also have a couple people who are excited about becoming a consultant for discounts, and are very excited about the March special.
There is also the STT or Straight To The Top incentive program that rewards new consultants who do $1200 (?) in the first 90 days. They are rewarded with an extra $120 in CTMH goods FREE!!!
I hope your child is OK!!!!!!

I think it's $1800 in 90 days, if I rememebr correctly. There's also one for $300 (I think it was) the first 30 days, which counts toward that $1800. I pretty much did $300 by myself, lol!!
Matboard Maniac

I hope you are going to give the challenge a try Denise you are becoming a regular now and their is no getting away from me easily LoL. Seriously have ago i remember Lela saying she dont make cards and look what she comes up with now, i know you love your scrapbooking but these challenges are easy peasy.
Matboard Maniac

I just checked back for Anyone interested in the February card challenge which i posted it is on page 6 post number 216. If anyone is interested in the T in foil And Pigment Ink Technique i just checked and that is on page 8 post number 301.

WARNING please ignore the hammer House Of horrors postings we get the odd one on here, but do you know usually just one bite and they end up moving on to pastures new, oh dear i must leave a bitter taste never mind . Must get some new things from CTMH maybe a distressing kit to de stress LOL. Joking aside the forementioned pages have the details on.
Happy creating
Andrew
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
I hope you are going to give the challenge a try Denise you are becoming a regular now and their is no getting away from me easily LoL. Seriously have ago i remember Lela saying she dont make cards and look what she comes up with now, i know you love your scrapbooking but these challenges are easy peasy.
I always plan to make them and then always run out of time and have to prep for my students, or make dinner, or do laundry, or shovel 3 feet of snow, lol!! My scheudle will clear up soon and I'll try then, promise.
Stampin' Fool

Well I will get a box of goodies in a week or so. CTMH has already shipped my kit. Very cool. I love boxes of fun stuff.
Stazon Splitcoast

oh wow, how kool!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyStampin1View Post
I am planning on signing up as well. I was goining to do it when the club I am in is finished when the next catty comes out. Not sure what to do now as 4 bonus sets is a really good deal. Love the little hedgies. I hate to sign up and then put three more orders in with someone else. I am not signing up under the lady who does the club but someone else. What to do!
Sandy
Here's my take on this, Sandy While I totally understand your thoughts in not wanting to place the three more orders after signing, you're still better off signing this month and getting the $91.80 in free stamps. Since you'll need to finish your club commitment, either way, you'll need to spend for those 3 orders. If you sign, at least the free stamp sets will help cover the money you'll be spending to finish your club. Hope this makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, but it's not typing the way I'm thinking. LOL!!

Congrats on signing, Terri! Wait until your box comes!!

Suz
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I think I need to resign my TAC demoship, and sign on to CTMH before the end of the month!! I think I can just call TAC and resign over the phone. Not sure about that yet. I better give them a call soon.
Stazon Splitcoast

that is awesome Karen.
Oh I just saw the color combo Jeanette has on her blog, I want to try it. I need to make five st. patty day cards, and this has inspired me ;)
Love the flower card she made
Pearl-ExPert

Martha, how soon do you need to place your $300 order? Or can you place several small ones, as long as you get $300 in before the 3 months is up?
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Here's my take on this, Sandy While I totally understand your thoughts in not wanting to place the three more orders after signing, you're still better off signing this month and getting the $91.80 in free stamps. Since you'll need to finish your club commitment, either way, you'll need to spend for those 3 orders. If you sign, at least the free stamp sets will help cover the money you'll be spending to finish your club. Hope this makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, but it's not typing the way I'm thinking. LOL!!

Congrats on signing, Terri! Wait until your box comes!!

Suz
I was thinking the same thing. Suz - or others in the know - isn't there a "grace period" when you fist sign up to make quota? I had a flash of that for some reason...and if I'm remembering correctly you can likley finish your club and then start your own orders (so you don't have to order extra or twice ina month. I can hear myself becoming clear as mud. :( )

I get spending the extra with someone else. Kinda rots. I was in the middle of a marker share with another company when I signed up for CTMH. I had 2 months left and certainly still use those other markers, but I totally get what you're saying about the situation.

Let us know what you decide!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Martha, how soon do you need to place your $300 order? Or can you place several small ones, as long as you get $300 in before the 3 months is up?
Not sure about the how soon, see my lasty post. When the quota does kick in, it's $300 over the course of the Quarter, all orders tallied up. The nice part is if I order for myself it is the RETAIL price that counts toward my quota, but I only PAY the Consultant price. That was a really nice perk!!
Pearl-ExPert

Is the discount immediate, or do you pay the retail, and then they send you a check at the end of the month for your discounted pay? That's how the Angel co. does it now. I pay retail, then they cut me a check at the end of the month for my discount.
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, I dont know the exact answer to that one, but I emailed my upline to see. But i'm sure someone here can also confirm
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Is the discount immediate, or do you pay the retail, and then they send you a check at the end of the month for your discounted pay? That's how the Angel co. does it now. I pay retail, then they cut me a check at the end of the month for my discount.
The discount will be immediate, Karen. When you're in order entry, your order will show how much the 22% is that you're getting for your discount. This is great, especially if you're doing it for the discount as you don't have to wait around for the check to arrive

As for the quarterly quota, if one signs in March, they won't need to make their quota until the end of June. That said, tho, your Straight to the Top incentive starts five days after your kit ships. Of course, tho, you can start placing orders as soon as you are approved and those will count toward the STTT also. It's $300 in the first month you are a consultant, and $1800 total by the end of 3 months. when you make the first $300 level, you'll receive a credit for $25 in products. When you make the second level, you'll earn another $125 in free products. The free products that you can choose from are the same ones that are available for hostess rewards.

Hope this helps.

Suz
Stazon Splitcoast

oh yea love that you get the 22% up front ;)
and that you would have till june to start, how kool is that!!
Polyshrink Goddess

I love CTMH! I was a consultant for 3 1/2 years, and then called it quits for personal reasons. I just found out that my favorite local craft store is closing at the end of April, and our area has already lost 2 LSS's in the past couple of years. We still have Michael's and another locally owned craft store (similar to Michael's only better, but too expensive). With my options for shopping locally diminishing greatly, I am seriously considering going back to CTMH.

Andrew, you asked why we love CTMH? I'm not even sure where to start! LOL I was a scrapper for a long time before CTMH, but not a stamper. Now I do both. I love love love making cards and altered items! I love how CTMH coordinates their product lines. It makes for endless possibilities. I also love how easily the stamps store in a small amount of space. While I have a 12'x13 room for crafting, I share said space with my hubby and kids. So in reality the majority of what I own is crammed into an 8'x8' space. LOL Here are some pics... http://missioninkpossible.blogspot.c...ved-scrap.html There are also several organization type posts here in the June 2009 archives...http://missioninkpossible.blogspot.c...1_archive.html .

I also love the colors and the freshness of the designs. I think CTMH does a much better job on staying up on trends without being too trendy. While I have sold off some of my stash (duplicate stamp sets or ones I simply didn't use as much as I thought I would), I find that many of the stamp set designs are rather timeless...I don't look at them and go "wow! these designs are so out of date". That's probably why Benjaman keeps falling in love with the retired papers he see.

My blog has quite a bit of CTMH artwork on it....especially from when I started it in 2008 to when I left CTMH in the Spring of 2009. A lot of the more recent artwork is a mix of many different companies...but I guess that just goes to show how well CTMH products go with what you already have. :-D

Anyways, sorry for rambling on...great thread. I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Pearl-ExPert

The only concern I now have it being able to make those $300 quotas. I know I can drop to jr. consultant, but right now, I only have to do $100 every 4 months. Big difference there. But I wonder if TAC is floundering, as they keep making changes, then backtrack....not sure what's going on behind the scenes!! LOL
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I pay retail, then they cut me a check at the end of the month for my discount.
In addtion to the discount is a "commission." I'm still fuzzy on it, Suz or Cindy (or other) can explain much better than me for sure! I CAN tell you that besides my discount I recently had a direct deposit of a littl emoney from my sales (direct deposit into my account since I signed up for it that way.) It wasn't "a lot" of money, but just about enough to cover a stamp set. It was in addition to my discount.

Like I said, I can't say for sure how it works, but it was a nice perk to get a discount AND a commission.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

The only concern I now have it being able to make those $300 quotas. I know I can drop to jr. consultant, but right now, I only have to do $100 every 4 months. Big difference there. But I wonder if TAC is floundering, as they keep making changes, then backtrack....not sure what's going on behind the scenes!! LOL
It is certainly something to consider. I thougth about it a lot before signing up, but my DH made the argument that I spend that much in 3 months anyway, maybe if I stick to 1 company for a vast majority of my stuff I wouldn't b&itch so much about nothing I have matches. He had a point, lol! I also have a group og girls I have classes and such with, so all of that money goes back into my Quota. I think it's a little easier for me than many because I have a Meetup.com group and a set of girls who liek to get together.
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought about the cost too, but yea I think a month I spend around $100, online, michaels and other stores I find. So if I stick to one place makes it much easier. Ofcourse, I dont think I'll stop going to Michaels just yet lol
Pearl-ExPert

I too, have a group of stampin buddies, and we meet up often, but I don't have parties too often, as I don't want to bug them to purchase from me. It's time I had one though!! I must give this more thought, but I'm leaning toward dropping TAC and joining CTMH!! LOL
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Actually not a big difference. Junior consultant status is 100.00 a year and you only have to place a qualifying order in a quarter to go back to full status. It was a no brainer for me.