Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else loves all the designer series paper but has a hard time working with it.

Does anyone else have this same problem.I love the paper but then once I get it ,and I have it in front of me I have no ideas on what to do with it sometimes.I joined a designer series paper swap.for ideas on better ways to use it since I really love this paper.I think my cards came out better than I planned.But I still have that unsure feeling everytime I use it.

I also made a couple of holders for markers and pens.from leftover CM supplies that I hardly ever use anymore so I used the paper and covered up some plastic ice tea containers with the paper and they now hold pens and markers.

Am I the only one who needs or wishes they had more samples of ideas on how to use this paper.I wish SU had an idea sheet for differant ways to use this.for example in the scrappin kits they show a few ways how to put the kits together.I wish Su came out with a few ways to do the same with thier designer series paper.Then I think more people would buy more of it.Plus it could help people like me who get lost when using printed paper.I sometimes have a hard time buying it for this reason.I can't always put 2 differant kinds of printed paper together on 1 page.I don't no why that is.they don't always look good.I need help here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:24 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I do I do I do I do I do! I love the papers....but I'm always so worried that I will make my card too busy looking! :(
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:34 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

ME! I've only used one sheet from my Spring Showers paper because I either don't want to waste it or can't figure out how to use it. I did make some nice father's day cards with one page from the set.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:52 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm just in the first timid stages of using my designer papers. I have a ton of background stamps, which I love to use, so I have to force myself to think about using the designer papers instead. I'm getting there though, little by little. :rolleyes:

Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the designer paper -- I don't have the latest set but do have everything up until the newest catty and summer catty --

I wish I had a scanner to show you -- one of my favorite uses recently was a scrapbook page where the stripes from that blue and yellow set we had, Splash --that striped one with the blue yellow and green matched a shirt my son had perfectly -- so I put the phtos on the page, I used white for the background, matted photos some in blue, some in green, and then did a border just taking a 2 inch strip of the striped paper and matting it once with the blue and then again with the green. VERY striking.

I usually keep background paper to one design per page unless it is something muted like the Slumber party or Pool party, those blue/pink sheets with the white circles is pretty tame and would use those with another sheet from that set on one page.

Usually I use the designer paper and enhance it with 2 or 3 at the very MOST colors from it, use strips of it as borders or take a third of it and put it across the paper for color blocking.

I haven't used for cards but would do the same thing - take one color for the card base and another color to mat something stamped on the front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #6  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I am getting some more and more, I love it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

But, are you sure we are supposed to use it??:confused:

I thought it was to "collect" and admire from afar;)

I am *just* now comfortable using my hardware!:cool:

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me! I am a PPH! Print/Patterened Paper Hog!

I buy it, hide it, hord it, collect it and to date, have used it about 3 times in one year!

I am very PP handicapped! Help!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love it all but the only problem I have is I'm afraid to cut it! I might use it and run out! I guess I could always buy more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I don't buy it because I know that I'd hoard it. I absolutely love the paper but I know that it would sit in my collection of papers (I have lots of other papers too).

However, I've been seeing lots of Simply Said cards that I adore and plan to purchase that set on my next order so I might go for the Spring Showers papers as they are a really good match.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

I too love that others are just buying it and afraid to cut it.I thought the same thing too at first but what the heck is the purpaose of buying it then neve using it.At least make something for yourself if your afraid to give the lovely paper away.That's what I'm doing.Even though I am doing a swap it will help me with playing around with it a little more.But I do have to say I hated to even cut it myself and give it away.But it's just so dam pretty.I hate to let it sit there too.So I am going to buy more and just make things for myself with it or just use on my own scrapbook pages so at least my stuff looks good anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

When I bought the magazine, The Joy of Card Making: A Second Helping, I noticed that most of their cards are made with designer papers. That's what got me started buying the papers and using them for card making.

You might want to check out this magazine or the first one in the series for ideas: The Joy of Card Making

barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 04:28 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Barb I think I looked at this 1 time or another so far.and didn't have the money at the time to buy it.I 'll have to chek it out again.to see what your finding that I didn't.

Does anyone else know of any other magazine they have or come across with designer paper and using cards or other things with it.I can use all the inspiration I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I cased a great card once that used Birthday Best and the orange/red/green striped paper from the Sassy paper set. It was in the old catty, page 78. The card just used a 1 1/2" strip down one side. It wasn't overpowering or anything. I really liked it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Printed papers make for fab one sheet wonder cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I am glad to hear I am not the only one that suffers from this one. I was thinking I was a bit of a hoarder b/c they just sit, but the other day I forced myself to use some and my cards I made turned out great! Go ahead ladies give it a try this is what I tell myself every time I pull them out you bought it to use so USE it silly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

needs another bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

I have a hard time making that first cut. As a matter of fact I will not make a cut in the Designer Paper unless I have an extra set. I love my Designer Paper. It is so great that you can get the Designer Paper and know that your card stock, ink, and embellishments will all work great with it. It makes planning cards and scrapbook pages so much easier. Many of them even have stamp sets to co-ordinate. SU! rocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, today I did it! Jumped right in and *cut* - yes the CUT word, my Designer Doubled Sided paper and made a card!

Marigold Morning and Caranberry Crisp!

Loved it! - Do it!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

I am so glad to see that there are others like me. I've bought the designer series paper from SU and tons of the patterned paper slabs from Michaels's. I'm always so afraid to cut the piece of paper because once I do it's destroyed (not the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean), or what if I made a mistake cutting it, then what do I do. And the double sided paper is even worse. I don't want to use one side because what happens to the other side then I can't use it anymore, and of course I really have to like both sides . I've basically ended up using the paper mainly for 12x12 scrapbook pages where I can attach the whole piece of paper to the page and put photos on top then I don't have to cut it up. This seems to get me through, I've come to terms with using it this way. God forbid that I should actually put a cut in the paper or anything.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep hoarding it. I ordered extra from the summer mini for fear I would run out. I do put lots of samples from the gallery when I come across them in my favorites. Just adding a little piece to your card as part of the layout instead of solid works well for me. I also want to try covering chipboard with it and sanding off the edges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

I used mine to cover chipboard and clipboards...looks great!! I think you have to think outside the box with it, because I can't think of too many card uses for it. I can see it on scrapbook pages, though!!

Family is not defined by the blood that runs through your veins, but by those who are willing to spill their blood for you.

Do you"Quack!"???

My lil Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Backgrounds for name frames, punch out flowers and other designs, strip on a card, are just a few ideas. It isn't going to bite you if you cut into it!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I used mine on a Wild Card Template! That way I could see the inside and the outside!

Try it! It didn't even hurt!

Ouch! Not too much 8]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

I love it� I just haven�t used any of it :( I�m afraid if I cut it and use one side� I don�t get any use out of the other!

I really need to find a project where I can use it and see both sides� then I wouldn�t feel like I�m wasting it! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #25  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I love it� I just haven�t used any of it :( I�m afraid if I cut it and use one side� I don�t get any use out of the other!

I really need to find a project where I can use it and see both sides� then I wouldn�t feel like I�m wasting it! :rolleyes:
I have cut it just over 1/2 the width of my card and then I fold back and edge so you can see it. I am glad I am in good company with my "one-sided" phobia!!!:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes