Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where do you get your inspiration?

I have found in the past, and even now, that I have a hard time making a card unless I have someone in mind as a recipient. Or an occasion.. or something. How do you people do it?! I go into my craft room and more often than not, I just piddle around. How do I get myself moving forward? I need inspiration. How do I get it?

Also, if I have a stamp or stamp set that I'm having a hard time working with, is it cheating to try to find ideas for it online?

Thanks so much... you all are wonderful!
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 12:53 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Most of my inspiration comes from playing along with the challenges here, you'll find them listed on the forum home page and their home is in the Challenges section here: Challenges

There are plenty of others, too...if you have a favourite stamp company or two...or three or four, chances are high that they run a challenge on their blog.

And no, it's not cheating at all to look for inspiration and ideas!! I would rarely buy an SU set without first looking at the gallery for it here, to make sure that I would have enough ways of using it to make the purchase worthwhile. If you closely copy (CASE) another card it's considered good manners to give credit to the inspiration.

Last edited by Cook22; 08-27-2016 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: fixing link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 01:57 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

DreamsInPink, it's not cheating to find inspiration online at all-As Cook22 says,the polite thing to do if you blog it/post it and were inspired by someone else's work,is name them and put a link to their blog/post/ Pin that inspired you. Same thing in the galleries here- if something gets you crafting, acknowledge in the remarks section.
Pinterest can be another great source of inspiration, as well as a black hole for time, lol. You can search it by Stamp manufacturer/ theme/colour you name it.
Sometimes I'll have an idea in my mind when I start, or often I'll pick something I've seen. I'll use different stamps and the same placement, or different colours/ change the layout/theme.
Challenges are another way to get you started, as well as often pushing you outside your comfort zone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

As the other ladies said, the gallery here is a great source of inspiration. I would often go to the gallery and look up the specific set I wanted to work with to get ideas. Because I only send cards to family and friends, I don't have a blog, post videos, or work as a demo, I will sometimes copy a card exactly. Sometimes just creating the copy will get the creative juices flowing so I end up making other cards based off of the one I copied.

When I discovered Pinterest a few years ago I use it the same way.

If I ever post a card I made online it would be here in the gallery; and I always post a link to whatever card I copied or used as inspiration whether it's here or Pinterest.

Now that I've been at this hobby for over ten years, I will sometimes just look for interesting color combinations or different folds to use rather than looking for a specific stamp set. I'll save a card to my favorites gallery out here because I like the way the layers were used, or the embellishments, and I know I have a few different stamp sets that would work with those ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm in a weird creative space these days... Challenges used to be what spurred me to create - and still do, to an extent - but not like they used to. I'm also finding that looking at Pinterest boards or galleries isn't doing it for me, either - it's too much information and everything looks like everything (not really, but in my state of mind it does). My biggest inspiration lately has been while I'm purging and indexing and organizing. I have to actually TOUCH everything, and while I'm doing that I'll have ideas pop into my head. I don't execute them, since I'm in the middle of a project already, but I scribble them down for future reference. Now if I could just be DONE already, I could get back to the creating! My goal is to be finished by the time Hope You Can Cling To starts...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't relate to color challenges or a photo, I need more direction. When I began I checked out the Mojo Monday sketches, then found Retro Sketches, then CASE this Sketch. I absolutely copied those! I learned balance and variety, but still refer to them all the time.
I started making cards for Operation Write Home (now ended), so I didn't need an occasion to create for...just many Hello, Thinking of You, Love You, Miss You, Birthday. Guy cards, Mom cards, kid cards. It was a great impetus.
(I have not posted in my gallery for a Long time, because of computer difficulties.)
Now I make about 22 cards per month for the nursery workers at my church, so I still use sketches for inspiration. I make cards to send to 6 grandkids, now mostly teens. And it keeps me going. I recently heard of someone delivering cards to a nursing home for residents to give out, so I have another goal.
Another thing you might try is just to make a card with every stamp set you have!
Have Fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you so much, everyone!cook, I've actually considered the challenges here, but I'm unsure of how exactly they work. I would definitely give credit if I used someone else's designs as inspiration. I have recently purchased some Christmas sets, but I just can't get myself to work with them yet. I want fall harvest sets... :(

Shaz, Pinterest = black hole! hahaha! Amen! I have cards saved there, but I've never tried searching for them. Thanks for the idea. ;)

cobby, I JUST saw some interesting card folds.. somewhere.. gosh, I've been all over the internet.. but I might try some of those....

gregzgurl, I totally understand you want to touch things... I get it. I was in my craft room tonight, and was in the midst of trying to come up with a card, and I can not decide on anything. Ugh. I've come to the conclusion I don't have enough stuff! I need more papers, more inks, more stamps, more embellishments.. you get me, right? ;) (hahaha, all the while you are PURGING!) What is 'Hope you can cling to'?

harvestmoon, hello again. *waves* Um, yeah, I have no idea what you said in your second sentence... hahaha! I'm really thinking of the challenges... that might get me going.. but I'm not sure if I have enough stuff to actually be able to do it.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo

Last edited by DreamsInPink; 08-27-2016 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: adding more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #8  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Well... you read the challenge, make a card inspired by it and attempting to follow any specific guidelines/ details, you upload it to your gallery making sure to include the given keyword, and ideally you pop back to the challenge thread and post a link there: not compulsory but helpful to the hostesses.

For the daily challenges there are no prizes and no deadline...you can play along at any time but since most of us lead busy lives, it's unlikely that you will receive many comments from other players in the challenge if you upload much later than the next day. As a hostess, I comment on the gallery for a full week, and forever so long someone posts a link on the challenge thread ;-). If you don't mind about comments and are happy to be inspired... I know there are people who have gone right back to the start of the sketch challenge, say, or the colour challenge, and worked their way through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 12:01 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you. I wasn't sure if there was a time limit or not. You mentioned prizes... Some have prizes?

I like the idea of the color challenges. But there are SOOO many to pick from. It's kind of overwhelming. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 04:16 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

My inspiration comes from my life, my family, my friends through my experiences. If I get stuck a walk in nature helps me a ton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 06:36 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Inspired by: videos by several bloggers whose styles resonate. Sometimes it's the colors, often the technique, sometimes design, sometimes stamps/dies.

Often just one piece of the whole gets me going, so I use that one element or technique on a differently designed card or on something other than a card. And maybe that combines with a technique I've been playing with. For instance, lately I've embossed everything that can't run away.

I've never made the identical card as one on line or in a video, but you can; after all, supplies are generally listed with links of where to purchase. (If putting it on line, you'd just give credit.) And by making that card, maybe you can make a different version of it, using it as a jumping off point.

And it's SO not cheating to find a stamp or die on line and see what others are doing!

On-line classes have inspired me, whether live or un-live. Sometimes nature does. For a while our sunsets caused me to do watercolor backgrounds, quasi-matching colors.

Like you, I often piddle around.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't feel it's cheating to find ideas online...We card makers all had to start somewhere and in my real life I have no one who does stamping or paper crafting. So I turned to the internet to learn everything I could, from simple things like how to cut card bases and layers correctly and evenly to harder things like different techniques. I still struggle sometimes with mixing patterned paper together and flower/embellishment placement but if I can find an example of how I want my finished card to look like I use it as my inspiration. I consider it like following a recipe. You might have a list of ingredients and directions to follow but you may add a new ingredient here or skip a step there and in the end it all works out. Sometimes card making is like starting out making a taco and ending up with a burrito...it's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like I get really great ideas just before I fall asleep. Have a little notebook handy because so many times I just do not remember them. The more time I spend stamping, the easier the ideas come. This hobby has been such a life saver for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
What is 'Hope you can cling to'?
It's an annual event every October for Breast Cancer Awareness. There are challenges every day for the whole month, and the cards we make are sent to MD Anderson Cancer Center (most, anyway - I think folks outside the US and a few others send them to local centers, but along the same lines). There are sponsors and prizes, too. Here's a link to the general forum and archives for past events: Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum - Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you Sue... that sounds like a worthy cause, for sure. Unfortunately I don't have any ribbon or related stamps. :(
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

I am a shameless CASEr. I love looking at all the cards here and on Stamper Showcase (SU demo site) and Pinterest. Most of my inspiration comes from someone else. I do change some elements-DSP, sentiment, colors etc. We share here because it is fun to do. I do give credit to the original poster when I can. Go ahead and CASE. IT will get your juices flowing. Happy Stampin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad y'all don't feel like looking online is cheating... I wish I were one of those creative people who just poured out beautiful layouts. But, I'm not. lol I hate to ask, but all these acronyms have my head swimming! What is CASE and DSP? Thanks!
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

If you look under the major heading "Start Here" on the SCS home page, you'll see a category called "What do all those acronyms mean?" Here's a link - enjoy!

What do all those acronyms mean? HELP? by parisotremba at Splitcoaststampers

DSP is double sided paper or designer series paper, and CASE is copy and steal everything, or some prefer share to steal.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you Sue... that sounds like a worthy cause, for sure. Unfortunately I don't have any ribbon or related stamps. :(
You totally don't need them! We make cards for every occasion to send to the center. You should check out some of the HYCCT galleries and you'll see what I mean. Here's a smallish one to start: HYCCT15 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi again Jennifer. In my second sentence I refer to websites/blogs who post sketches for us to use to jump-start creating a card. I don't know how to post links, but if you Google Mojo Monday or Retro Sketches or CASE this sketch, you can see the present sketch, see what others have created with it AND see Years of other sketches.
Don't be afraid to copy someone's work, or change the decorative paper, or change the shape of a die cut...Just start creating and you will get a feel for the style you like to create.
I, personally, don't relate to "challenges" because I have limited time to stamp and don't really know how to post in the manner they require, so I just do my own thing and try to find a worthy cause for donations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

bjeans, thank you! Someone else also linked me to the acronyms thread in another thread. So, DSP is any patterned paper, or some certain brand? CASE... ahhhh, I get it now! Awesome.. thank you very much!

gregzgurl, so, I could do any uplifting card?

harvestmoon, ahhh, ok, I guess I could have googled those terms... I google so much already. I am sorry to be a bother. Hmm, I'm not sure I'll do well with the challenges either to be honest.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I first started doing the challenges I was close to petrified, if I'm really honest about it. Am I doing it right? Is it good enough? How did everyone else interpret this? These are the thoughts that almost kept me from playing along. Then I started getting comments from others who had participated in that challenge - all very kind and encouraging.

Over time I understood that there isn't really a "right" or "wrong" way to do a challenge, that there are nearly as many interpretations as there are participants, and that all levels of skill were represented, as well. You can get as fancy or stay as basic as you want, you can use anything that you have at hand, and you will get reinforcement and validation just for playing along. Jump in and have fun!

As far as HYCCT, you can do "any uplifting card", as you said, or some of the challenges even specify "make a thank you card" or "make a birthday card" or a holiday one, or a masculine one, etc., etc...

Bottom line: No need to fear - just participate in any/all of them and enjoy the process! We're all in this together, after all...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

bjeans, thank you! Someone else also linked me to the acronyms thread in another thread. So, DSP is any patterned paper, or some certain brand? CASE... ahhhh, I get it now! Awesome.. thank you very much!

gregzgurl, so, I could do any uplifting card?

harvestmoon, ahhh, ok, I guess I could have googled those terms... I google so much already. I am sorry to be a bother. Hmm, I'm not sure I'll do well with the challenges either to be honest.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Hi DreamsInPink - DSP is any company's double sided patterned paper. The Stampin' Up (SU) crew may use the term differently - maybe one of them can chime in?

I did one or two challenges, and chose Clean & Simple since it seemed to fit my aesthetic. It was fun, not scary! I'm really bad at committing - my anti-homework genes rise up in protest - but did just complete a 25 twinchie swap here, shocking myself. : )

Enjoy!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 AM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Most people consider it a compliment if you CASE their work-if you give them credit-if people didnt want that happening they never should post it anywhere on the net. I saw a woman come to a free techniques demo day for my LSS with a camera and she was just taking pics of cards left and right. I was a fresh newbie and thought this was not right, but the teacher said no no-it's fine. She always does that and any demo knows this is going to happen. If it gets you started it's fine. That's the point of demos!

I just want to say one thing here though...keep something in mind. When people do demos...they practiced that before shooting a vid or doing it in a class or whatever. So if you dont get it right on the first couple of tries-dont sweat that at ALL. Seriously.

I think it is VERY true that the more you do this, the easier it becomes. Actually at this point I get too many ideas and I dont write them down and I regret that. (doesnt mean I can do them-they are just ideas lol)

Let's talk about you...first, you DONT have to have a lot of supplies. It really only takes one ink and one stamp and the card. Really.

Point is...do NOT get caught up thinking you need 4000 things to do this. People have been collecting over years. In fact working techniques is a very good way to learn what you really like to do and what you really need...and can save you SO much freakin' money it isnt funny. You'll still be buying but have far less "what was I thinking" moments.

You Tube is fabulous. You can ask for card making for beginners and get a ton of choices to play with and they wont be using a lot of stuff.

Take the stamps you have and use them in more than one technique. People do this all the time. I dont use a stamp for only one way!

Using sketches helps because it is giving you the layout. You just plug in the colors you want to use, the image/sentiment focal point...however over time you may not even realize you are learning proportion, rule of thirds, etc in the process. You may not be able to verbalize it, but you will know what feels right to you. The same sketch can look a LOT different depending on who is doing it b/c they do have a level of flexibility about them. So one sketch could do a bunch of cards for you.

I suspect you are going to ask about the rule of thirds (which is also used in photography) so here-I wish I had paid more attention to this in the beginning-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Gosh, have I told you guys how wonderful you are!? *hugs*

gregzgurl, it's good to know I don't need special stamps and I will definitely keep those challenges in mind. I doubt they will be one of the first ones I do, but I might get there eventually.

bjeans, you totally made me laugh about your non-committal. I'm the same way! I get excited about something, may commit, then I get cold feet and back out. haha Why do I do that?! xD (what is a twinchie??)

wavejumper, I would love to go to some demos.. I doubt I have any near me though. Thank you, for focusing on my situation. I know you are right. I'm sure I have enough stuff in my craft room to do a year's worth of cards.. but why do I always think I need more? I see some new design or a new stamp set that I like and instantly want it. I know I have stamps in there I've never even used yet. But I keep looking at the for sale threads here.. and scouring the internet.. you should see my wishlists on various sites and my ebay watch list is bigger than it's ever been before. *sigh*

I'm still not familiar with the 'sketch challenges'... I don't really understand. Someone makes a sketch of a card, and then you try to duplicate it? *shrugs* Or am I way off? And thank you for that video! It was very interesting and informative... I think I do some of that now, but I didn't really realize I was doing something right.. lol
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Jennifer, twinchies are 2" inchies. lol Clear as mud. Inchies are 1" square pieces of art or craft. Twinchies are double the size. You can use them solo just to have, put them on cards, mount one or multiples, put them in a shadowbox. Some people even use them for jewelry I gather.

You can look at some in the gallery here. I don't think (?) anyone from the swap has put theirs up yet since we haven't received each others yet. Here's an inchie site: Home

BTW, the word "sketch" threw me at first too. It's just a little design placement layout. I'll post a link to one or someone else can.

Last edited by bjeans; 08-30-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Aww, how cute! I might like to try some of those too!

Are we allowed to upload stuff to the gallery that isn't a card?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 11:20 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

If you are "stuck" on making a card, and you feel you can only make it for a specific person or event...why not? go ahead! I think it would be great to make 15 cards for a person. You could gift them with all 15, either as a surprise, or even as ..say a christmas present, go "I made these for you...but am giving them to you as a gift, so you can use them"...or select 1, then send the rest to your favorite charity. If you make a fall leaf card, because your friend lives in Seattle and it's starting to turn...sure as heck there will be another person who would *love* that card...even if they are in the middle of Arizona or New Mexico in the summer.

Don't try to "limit" yourself...if you find a limit...have fun with it! With the first example, making, say 15 christmas cards...you may *love* #1...but something says keep going...and #15 is the perfect one. Or as I said, a great present. Let serendipity reign!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

If going online to look for inspiration is cheating...i'm in major trouble. I print out a LOT of examples all the time...i have to start making, again, however, I have a LOT that i like, i have folders upon folders in pinterest and my computer that I saved, and magazines. That's why they are there. To share ideas, and honestly, sometimes you may have to create one "exactly" to get the idea to continue on. Just don't take credit, give credit where it's due, and follow angel policies where necessary, and otherwise, I doubt many people would complain. *smiles*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #30  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Aww, how cute! I might like to try some of those too!

Are we allowed to upload stuff to the gallery that isn't a card?
Yes indeed.... we have a whole Anything But A Card (ABAC) section. Boxes, bags, altered frames, ATCs and Inches and plenty more. Check it out here: Stampin Up! Gallery: Anything BUT a Card - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

Many of those headings have subcategories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Sketches....sorry that is misleading.

It is a layout pre-done for you. Put a layer here, put a thing there...you chose the colors and the sentiment/theme. And you dont have to do it exactly at all, but newbies find them helpful. Here are a big bunch from pinterest I got just by googling "card sketches". Helpful ones for newbies have the measurements but that isnt really urgent.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/card-sketches/

What happens in a sketch challenge is your leader gives you one and then everyone makes cards and loads them. They can look SO different until you really look at them and you see the common elements. We have those here

There can be other types of challenges as well...they might say...use these 3 colors. (you just use whatever you have that is closest) or there has to be a fish on it. Or something sparkly. Or look at this Pin board and pick a picture and base your card off it. We have those. (we really do have everything here

Mfg blog sites will have them and give away a prize sometimes...in that case they are usually just looking for you to use their product on a theme like Happy Birthday, it doesnt have to be ALL their stuff.

No one is saying never buy anything LOL. We all are. But you want to think of this as your personal stash that you are curating/collecting..not being pushed into by a trend. Gather your wishlists into one excel file. You will be able to see duplicate types of images, avoid duplicate buying and be more focused and calm. Being spread out across the universe in wish lists is crazy making. I know. Been there done that. We have many years and thousands of new items coming out over our future!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:06 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

From other stampers! I almost always CASE (copy and save everything)!
I get 98% if my ideas online or from Stampin Up classes I go to.

Also I always have to have an occasion to stamp-there has to be a need for a card. I don't just go into my stamp room to create. It's my practical Virgo mind I'm sure.

My next card will be a wedding card as I have an ex co-worker getting married in October.

Also, yes you do need a certain amount of supplies! I remember well the days when I started and couldn't really make much. I added very slowly to my stash due to $$$ constraints. It may have taken me a year before I had enough basics to easily create.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 09-01-2016 at 03:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 06:47 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

Sometimes inspiration comes from odd places that have nothing to do with paper crafting too. I think sometimes once you start seeing things that attract your attention its a matter of filtering them.

for instance, I get a few emails every day about "free" or really cheap kindle version books. so, sometimes when I am scrolling through them the art on the books covers really my brain says Hey, that would make an awesome card design... (even when its not a book I want to read)

There is an Inspiration challenge on Saturdays that is geared that way if you find your brain will "see" things from photos like that.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

wavejumper, Ahhh, ok, that makes more sense.. sorry... I was really taking 'sketches' literally. I am looking forward to doing some challenges soon. I'm still getting my feet wet. hahaha I feel like you are my 'Jiminy Cricket' aka my conscience.. lol You are giving good advice though... as far as what to buy and how to keep track. Excel... hates me! LOL What would be another good way to keep myself organized?

Allistamps, That is so me too... only making a card if the occasion calls for one. Last night I made a card for my sister. I recently made one for our sister who lives in Arizona... and my next door sister knew I made her one... and I didn't want her to feel left out. That was kind of confusing.. I have two sisters. One in Az and one next door. ;)

JBgreendawn, I think that is very cool. Probably not something I would relate to.. at least not at this point. I'm not that artistically geared. lol But thank you for the idea! Maybe now, after you saying that, I'll be more open minded when I look at things.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

I think the first cards I uploaded here were sketch challenges. They post a layout and you choose stamps, colors, DSP, bling and whatever and layout your card similar to the sketch. As far as CASEing, (copy and share everything)I'm probably the queen! Lol sometimes mine are nearly an exact copy and if so, I just put that in my description and give credit. I have subscribed to several YouTube channels, which are wonderful! To name a few "Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Understandblue, Connie Stewart, Dawn Griffith, Brenda Quintana, DOstamping, and Ellen Hutson. Don't miss out on SCS's very own tutorial section if you love variety!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

I was going to ask about that... CASEing... how do you go about giving credit? Like say it's someone here, whose card I liked in the gallery... Do I just mention their name and which card in the description.. or do I have to link it or what?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

I try to add a link whenever possible. But definitely their SCS name. Sometimes I forget where I found it so in the description I let them know it was not my original idea. Then I tell them I will come back and edit to add the link if I find it. Sometimes I CASE from YouTube so I post a link to that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #38  
Proud Fan Club Member

Check this card out for an example. I did an exact case of dawn Griffith's gorgeous card.

flourish wedding by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, I'll need to learn how to post links in the gallery... unless it's the same as posting them here...?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

That is gorgeous!!! Great job to both of you! My niece is getting married in Oct... lol But I can't buy all that stuff for one card. hahaha
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes