Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2004, 05:12 AM   #81  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great thread!!! Good way for all of us to get to know each other!!

I'm Debbi, and I've been married to my DH Carey for 15 years this September. We have no kids (although our 16 year old dog Shelby is very childlike somedays, as is our cat, Alley!!). I just borrow my neighbour's daughters when I need some comic relief, and send them home when they've stressed me out!!

I am an Executive Secretary, and work for a rather large forestry company called Weyerhaeuser ~ maybe a few of you have heard of it?! (Sorry, that's a joke. Canadians for the most part had never heard of WY until they took over the big Cdn. logging company MacMillan Bloedel) I've been there for 8 years and it's pretty cool. DH works for a contractor to WY and drives a great big yellow "Tonka Truck" as we call it.

We live on the Queen Charlotte Islands which is just south of the Alaska Panhandle. We've been here for 12 years, and we quite like it here!! My view is of the ocean.....which is great on a good day! (This morning it's mighty foggy!!) I'm just a little lonely as my closest friend here just moved away ~ she was my stampin' partner!!!

We originally came from the Vancouver/Fraser Valley area, which is where all our family is. We get down to visit a couple times a year but it's really expensive!! Once a year when we go visit, we try to get on another plane and go south for warmth...we go to Mexico every year or every other year if possible. Plans for this year include a trip in November or December....

My other hobbies (when I remember them) are cross stitching and crocheting.....but quite honestly I haven't touched either one in about a year or so. I mostly stamp ~ the odd scrapbook page appears now and again!! I am not a demo.....but one great customer!! Thinking about joining just for the discount.....cuz I'm pretty sure I'd make the minimums just myself!!

It's great to read all about everyone here. What an incredibly diverse group of friends we are, hey?! Or should I say........eh? LOL

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 05:29 AM   #82  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi,

I'm Margaret. Not yet married. No kids either.

I work for a processing division of a large metal industry as an Inside Sales Representative. I gave up my job as a Quality Control Inspector a year ago after five years, for this job. It can be quite hectic at times but I find it rewarding.

I work part time as a Special Services at Home Worker. Which means, I work one on one with people with disabilities.

Then beginning July I will also become a SU demo.

Not too exciting I know but I must say that I have enjoyed reading everyone elses posts.

Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 05:38 AM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

Hello All!!

It's good to get to know everyone. I have been married to my DH, Ben, for 7 years now, have two kids (4 1/2 year old son Micah and 2 1/2 year old daughter Noelle), and am now a SAHM. In my former life I was a legal secretary/paralegal for about 8 years to two attorneys I absolutely loved to work for. When I had kids I decided to be with them instead. I can always go back to work, but I won't always have this time with my kids. My days are spent playing with the kids and trying to get their scrapbooks and some stamping done while they're sleeping. And keeping up on housework! My husband is a computer programmer who is trying to finish his masters degree in computer science, so he's home with us right now also (which we love!). He loves it that I have such a creative hobby, and I love it that his hobby (four-wheeling in a Jeep Wrangler) costs way more than mine, and he never complains about how much I spend on stamps and scrapbooking!

I have been a SU demonstrator for only about three months now, but I'm loving every minute of it! My mother-in-law (who has become one of my best friends) and I went to a stamp camp at a friend's house and she kept saying, "Stacy, you could do this." I already had a few stamp sets, but never really did much with them until now. It's been fun, and I've hardly been getting any scrapbooking done since!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 06:32 AM   #85  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, I'm Ramona and have been married to DH 5 yrs. We have 3 human children, Lauren & Sean (both 15-STAY OFF THE ROADS!) :shock: and Brad-12. We also have 3 4-legged children, 4yr old Jack Russell named Meg, 2 yr old J Russell/Chihuaua mix named Cocoa and 1 yr old teacup Chihuaua named Chip. By day I am an Admin Assistant in the security department of a major airline (boring). By night, I have become a stampaholic. The bug bit my dd too, so we create together. I went to my first workshop back in January, bought about $150 worth of merchandise and didn't really know what to do with it. Then my best friend said she knew someone else who was a demo and had classes in her home and could teach us, so we went to her house one Saturday for about 6 hours and I didn't want to leave . I ordered over $400 worth of merchandise from her :oops: and about a week after I got it, I wanted EVERYTHING else in the catty. She is so talented and has taught me so much. So, I asked her to "sign me up." We are going to convention together - will be the first for both of us and I am SOOO excited. This website has gotten me in trouble with DH because I want to try everything I see. You are all so talented and give me such wonderful ideas. I guess DH doesn't really mind too much though, because he has promised to help me finish up my swaps for convention this weekend in exchange for me agreeing to go camping this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:04 AM   #86  
Matboard Maniac

Great thread, now that I've finally caught up reading all about everyone--whew!! I live in Omaha, NE with my dh of 9 years and 5 year old son Jackson and 3 year old daughter Abby. I am a pharmacist but am considered casual so I only work about 1 day a week at Children's Hospital and SAHM the rest (work is a treat after a week at home haha). I also do some nursing home consulting too. I have been a SU! demonstrator for 7 years and loved every minute of it!!

I think I used to have other hobbies but since I started stamping, I have forgotten what they are!! All because a nurse asked me if I wanted to come to her stamp party!! Pick out postage stamps??? BORING!! Then she whips out the catalog (this is the 1996-97 catalog, not the most exciting now if you look back). Ahhhhh, and so the addiction began!! I often wonder what my life would have been like if she never mentioned her party. Would I still have stumbled onto SU! or forever missed out? Things that make you go hhmmmmm. Love being here and now I must go play Nemo go fish before my sassy little daughter flips out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:06 AM   #87  
Mad Swapper

Hi! Nothing exciting (although SOME days it CAN be) like the military (my students MAY sometimes THINK they're in the military) or firefighting...I'm a 1st grade teacher. I've taught for 13 years (yikes) both kindergarten and 1st grades. I've been married for 12. No kids, just a pup and cat. I've been a SU demo for 2.5 years but I don't/haven't done any workshops/camps etc. I just get my "fix" :lol:

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:09 AM   #88  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Hi!

Hi! I thought I would share about myself....following all those who have posted!

I am a Reinsurance Supervisor, and Coordinator for AIG, Inc, and I work in NYC. I am about 2 blocks away from Ground Zero.... so I see lots of different people every day! I love to people watch, so lunch time is interesting....and NY is always interesting. :shock:

I like my job(as well as any non-stampin all day job), but wish I could be a SAHM! I am 15 weeks along with my first, so I am really excited!

I am married to my Dh, Peter for over 2 years now, but were college sweethearts! We have an intimidating but "dopey" 85 pound dog named Mack...... I have even made him sniff the ink, and then stamped his nose on the inside of the card! Oh...and doggie paws too! LOL!

I have been a Stampin' Up! demo for the last 2 1/2 years, and I love it! I am in it for the discount, and it probably always be that way...but that is ok....I am too busy otherwise, so stamping relaxes me, and takes my mind off of other things going on!

Have a great day everyone! See some in Orlando!

Visit my website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:23 AM   #89  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been a 3rd grade teacher, and just sent in my paperwork to be on leave of absence so I could stay home with my 2 (almost 3) year old son, Camden, who we adopted from Korea when he was 6 months old. (did anyone else here adopt?)

My husband Dave and I have been married for 9 years after a 4 day engagement (the only impulsive thing I have ever done!), and we have lived in CA, Wiesbaden, Germany, and finally the Army moved us back here to MD, where we are both from.

I have been a demo for 1 year, and we just started the process to adopt our second child, a girl this time, from Korea.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

Hello! I'm a SAHM to my own two children, a daughter who just turned 16 and driving and a son who is 13 1/2. I am also a Daycare Provider (for the last 15 years). I used to be a customer service/secretary for a company that makes medical products before I had my own children and decided to stay home with them. My husband and I will celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary July 3rd! I'm not a SU demo, just a good customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:45 AM   #91  
Compulsive Stamper

This is totally awesome! So many way talented women out there - working and stamping and creating. Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling to make it all come together and have time to play with stamps.

I am an Internal Affairs investigator and wife and mom to Matt (. Sometimes exciting, sometimes not so. Pays the bills and buys stamps.

Thanks as always for everyone's shared inspiration and positive vibes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 08:08 AM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

Just got married, bought a house, got a kitty, and turned 30! Phew! It's been a busy 1.5 years!

I'm a Resource Manager for Siebel Systems (software). Pretty boring job- but what else do you do in the heart of Bay Area/Silicon Valley!?!?

Anyway, I'm thankful for this web site- and for good crafting friends. It's the only creative outlet I have!

Thanks,
Kelly (Lucas-Smith)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 08:27 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to khowardga

Wow! So much fun to read about everyone. I know I'm not a frequent poster on here, but am trying to post more often. I visit this site more than any others so I'm sure I will get to know many more.

I'm Kim and I'm 30 (soon to be 31) married to my HS sweetheart, Scott. We just celebrated our 8th anniversary Tues (13 years together). We have a gorgeous 4 year old son, Tristan (who is a handful...they say it's the terrible 2's but FEAR the 4's ;-))

I've been a SU demo now for about 2 years (can't even remember the exact date) but had been to many classes/clubs before I finally realized I was spending all this money when I could be saving a little by signing up. I've been loving it ever since and my business is beginning to grow.

I also work full-time as field representative for TransHealth, Inc. Basically I do chart reviews in nursing homes for Medicare B billing for specialized products such as tube feeding, urologicals, ostomy, tracheostomy and wound care products. I've been doing this now for 13 years (since I graduated hs) and love it. I'm fortunate to be able to work at home a few days a week and the other days get to travel a little.

Kim Howard
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 08:38 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

HI! This is great "getting to know" everyone!

I am a SAHM and have been for the past 5 1/2 years. I have to wonderful children. Kaitlyn is 5 going on 35 and Josh is 2.
I have been married to my husband for 9 years. He is currently in the Air Force and approaching his 17th year in service. Therefore we get to move around plenty! Since being married we have lived in Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Hawaii, and Mississippi. Who knows where to next!

I have been scrapbooking for 6 years now and just came to know stamping a year ago. I love both and anything else I can get my hands on like mosaic, quilting, cross stitch, woodworking, gardening etc.... I seem to spend most of my time collecting lately! And plenty of time on this computer and at this website Which seems to give me even less time to create!! Oh well the kids are bathed, dressed and fed and the house seems to run pretty well so I sit here and enjoy my online company!!

Thanks to the crew at SCS for all their hard work so that we can be vegetables in front of our computers!!!

Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default next up

ok, i'll join in. i'm a doctor of pharmacology, working for uncle sam, reviewing experimental drugs. keeping our nations food and drug supply safe, so to speak. it can be both stressful and boring, but every so often i meet someone whose life was improved by the drugs we work on and i realize that it is a job that really makes a difference. today would be one of those days that i really need to keep that in mind, as i've had better days on the job!

my interest in scrapbooking started when i lost my mother (many years after losing my dad) and ended up with all my family's photos. my long-term goal is to make 6 identical albums of the 'must have' photos for myself and my siblings. i was introduced to SU by a scrapbooking coworker and have been hooked ever since, doing my part to get others hooked as well. just recently decided i may want to take the plunge and join the SU family. you guys are certainly helping me lean that way!

i'm single, though hardly loving it! :( but i have my two 'special needs' cats to keep me company, and broke! between their care and every stamp set i MUST HAVE, i'll be working until i'm 90!

just wanted to say how much i love the amazing cards you all post here. i hope one day to have half the creativity you all have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 09:07 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

This has been a fun thread to read. In my previous life I did business development for a medical malpractice insurance company. Now I am a SAHM to my DD Jamie (just turned 4), my DS Ethan (just turned 2), and baby number three (due on December 30th). I am also a new SU demo and a Pampered Chef consultant. I'm not the least bit creative, but I've gotten so many great ideas from this site. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #97  
Stampin' Fool

Wow! This is such a wonderful thread! It has been great reading about everyone...lots of teachers, nurses, sahms, and business folks. I just love all the diversity!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 09:18 AM   #98  
Kookie Creator

Wow! It sounds like everyone has a full life. It's been great reading about all of you! I am almost 40 (yikes;) and have a wonderful 21 year old daughter, of whom I am extremely proud!!!!!. I teach U.S. History and Sociology to high school students--and I truly enjoy it! Even though I have 2 months off in the summer I still have to work to help my daughter through college, fix up my house, support my stamping habit.... etc....so for now I am working in a restaurant, and trying not to eat all the yummy food!

Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #99  
Gallery Gazer

I have really enjoyed reading about all of you! I am a Texan married to an Alaskan, so we live in Washington state as a compromise (and we are both loving it!). I have lived many years in both states, with a few years in westside of Portland, OR thrown in. I am a SAHM to a just turned 10 year old girl, Denali and a 6 year old boy, Dawson. He will be going to first grade in the fall and I am probably going to have to go to work!

I am a clinical psychologist specializing in women's issues and elderly. I am currently just doing guest lectures at the local college and MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), etc. I do part-time research via the internet on mostly women's issues, but this doesn't pay anything, just gives me a line on my resume'! I am not really looking forward to going back to work as I worked almost 70 a week my last job and I really love volunteering in my kids' classroom, at church, etc. I will really try hard to find a part-time job!

I had my children late and have been married for 22 years just this June! I have a lot in common with you, JanTink, except I think I am about a year or two older! Melanie, this was a great thread you started, I got both my graduate degrees from your rival school, Texas A & M, gig 'em Aggies!

I used to think I was not a crafty person at all, but stamping has changed my feelings about that! I only started because I needed a letter set for scrapbooking, and went to a couple of parties to buy stuff for that and got hooked! I just made my sister a set of more than a dozen scrapbook pages with my stamps! She lives a long way from me, so haven't been able to share my new passion with her yet. Wendy, or someone else that lives in the Woodlands, Conroe, or Magnolia, TX, please let me know if you will invite my sister to one of your stamp camps and maybe get her hooked!

My husband and daugter also stamp!!!! I will have to post a menu my DH made for me with my stamps for Mothers' day, but still have to figure that out first!

I love this site and am addicted!

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #100  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi I love this thread! My name is Kirsten and I am a SAHM to my 3 girls ages 4. 2. and 6 months. My husband is a firefighter so we get lots of family time with our girls(or free time for mommy to stamp). We will celebrate our 5th year of marriage in August. We live in the Seattle area and love it! I have been a SU! demo for a little over a year now and am having a great time with it.

Happy Stamping!
Kirsten
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 AM   #101  
Crimping Master

Default what's your "job"??

Wow, what a varied bunch we all are!

I'm a deputy clerk in the criminal division of a large circuit court here Virginia. After typing court orders all day, I can't wait to get home and relax with my stamps!

My husband and I just celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary (I was such a child bride!) and we have one son who is 20 - he will be finishing college next May with a degree in sociology.

Funny, I used to have so many other hobbies and activities . . . before I learned to stamp! Now stamping/thinking about stamping takes up all my time. I'm sure some of you know exactly what I mean! I am an active member of the Red Hat Society, so I do get out once in a while.

My first exposure to stamping was when a friend drug me to a Stampin' Up! workshop three years ago. I participated in the make & takes, all the while thinking, "Nope, this is NOT for me!" After I got home and kept looking at the items I had made, I had a complete change of heart and signed up to be a demonstrator. Duh! What a roller-coaster ride it's been since then. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #102  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what's your job?

Hi Everyone,

I don't normally post to often but here goes.... I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9 years. We don't have any children yet but maybe someday. I have been a property manager/bookkeeper for a privately owned company in California for 10 years. I also signed up to be a demo with SU last August. Right now I am only a hobby demo but hope to expand my love for stamping into a business in the future. My husband is currently working in construction but was in the Navy for 12 years and is also currently in the Navy reserves. I love this website and am so happy that I found it. There are so many talented people here it is unbelieveable! :lol:

Christina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #103  
Compulsive Stamper

I have to agree with everyone this makes for some really interesting reading!

As for me my name is Heather and I live outside Washington DC in Northern Virginia. I work full time for the Supreme Court of Virginia as a Criminal & Civil Supervisor for a county court clerks office. At the very least I can say my job is entertaining most of the time. You could never believe how dumb a criminal could be, or how many excuses people can come up with for why they were speeding.... Or my personal favorite - how friendly people you went to high school (and never talked to) are when they think for one second you might be able to help them get out of a ticket or pay less (neither of which I could do)

I married my DH December 29th of last year in the Cayman Islands on the beach. It was just us and it was absolutely the best place and way to get married! It was a 2nd marriage for both of us so that was the reasoning for the lack of hoop-la so to speak. I have a wonderful 10 year step daughter and my husband and I recently adopted our very own floppy eared doggie princess - a 3yr old Boxer from the rescue. Her name is Dora. Middle name Bell .... cause shes a-dora-bell .. really bad eh?

Most importantly I love to stamp! I have been stamping for 2+ years and much to my DH's dismay I signed up to be a demo last month. I keep telling him it's for the discount, but he keeps saying there is no discount if I'm spending more money! Oh well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #104  
Matboard Maniac

I am certainly in good company on SCS...so many people choosing to "color outside the lines" in one way or another!

I have had a few careers in my life (police officer, HS substitute teacher, and clinical marketing specialist, to name a few) but the most enduring was the one I did not pick for myself! I wanted to be a CardioPulmonary Technician in the Navy, but that was at a time when women in the military did not have all of the options they have now. They told me to "try this", and I have been a respiratory therapist since 1980, when I graduated from one of the first military classes for it at the Academy of Health Sciences at Ft. Sam Houston, TX. I was in the Navy at the time, and I can tell you, there just weren't a lot of female RT's! I had an absolute blast for eight years. During that time I was in FL, IL, MD, TX, and CA, ending my "career" on a short cruise on the US Hospital Ship Mercy. My daughter (now 21 and a junior at Texas A&M-Commerce, majoring in Music Education) was born at Oakland, and was so good at the ceremony for my second Good Conduct Medal that the Admiral pinned it on her PJ's!

I have worked in all aspects of respiratory therapy, including managing the department in a small hospital. Then, one day, I woke up and decided I was working too hard to fully appreciate all of the blessings God has given me. I resigned and became a "travel" respiratory therapist and am now enjoying my third assignment. I worked at University of Maryland-Baltimore for eight months and my first and current assignments have been at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO. It is a very rewarding place to work, and I especially enjoy having a career that literally has no politics!

Traveling has given me lots of time "alone" and that has meant a lot of time to pursue my paper and stamp addiction! I met a wonderful demonstrator (Charlene Cave) in Maryland and, despite my attestions that I wouldn't become a demo myself, she successfully recruited me on May 31 of this year! I am ever so grateful to her!

I am not sure if I will continue traveling at this point in my life, because I have an elderly Mom who kind of "needs me". If I do, though, it looks like I could meet at least one of you in any location I would choose! That is so exciting!

I just wanted to add a message to all of those teachers out there. The two most influential people in my life, outside of my family, were teachers. One was my 4th grade teacher, Miss Balance, who taught me a love of the Bible as literature (outside of my religious beliefs) and Shakespeare. She was just incredible! My HS political science teacher, Mr. Stratton, taught me a desire to participate fully in life as an American citizen, and that being a patriot is not reserved for people in our history books. He was way ahead of his time, and died way too soon. So, you never know who you may influence. I didn't have the stamina to be a teacher very long-salutations to those of you who are that kind of hero!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 11:34 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great way to get people out from lurking! My name is Deb and I work full-time (and then some) as a Clinical Research Administrator in the HIV/AIDs area for a large healthcare company in the Chicago suburbs. Sounds like chelseacat might be reviewing some of the very work we do! I enjoy my job although there are certainly days! I am reminded regularly of how important drug research is and it is especially wonderful when you hear how your drug made a difference in someone's life! I work hard so I desperately need time for therapy (aka stamping). I have a significant other (going on 19 years). I have a wonderful dog, Cocoa the wonder mutt - or as Stan calls her, "Evil Dog Cocoa". She is definitely my dog, unless Stan has food he is willing to share. Stan and I both have our own hobbies. He sells mechanics tools for a living and collects/repairs JD garden tractors. My hobbies are far less expensive (sort of...) and certainly much smaller than tractors! I love to stamp and am moving into some scrapbooking. I have been an SU! demonstrator for a little over a year and love not only the stamping, but the camaraderie (had to look that up - don't think I've ever needed to spell it out before) shared by fellow artists. Yes, I see us as artists, not stampers or scrapbookers! Nice to meet you all. I think I'll come out and play now that you know me! I should also mention that I adore DISCO music (I like other stuff too, but there's nothing like a long set of Rick James, Donna Summer, Thelma Houston, Earth, Wind and Fire, KC and the Sunshine Band, etc.!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #106  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

okay here's me

My other life outside of SCS is that I do alterations part time at Marshall Fields. The other side of my stamp area is all my sewing stuff! I went to school for graphic design, got married (7 years in Nov), worked for a fabric store in my former life, and now have 2 girls Tacy (4) and Hana (1). I am home during the day playing with my girls and sneaking in the stamping and SCS during naps, or when I wonder down to do a load of laundry..LOL. My oldest daughter has cerebral palsy and so I spend lots of time taking her to therapy and working with her.. and the rest of the time catching Hana who started walking memorial weekend!

Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 PM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

Default My job

I think I must be the only bookeeper for a auto body repair shop, you wreck them we fix them. I work for my boyfriend we have been together for 10 years, so after working together all day he deosn't mine me going to my room to stamp. I also have 2 daughters one is married and the other is 15 I had my kids 7 years apart I would say I'm in the b&b (boys and barbies) stage. My grandkids are great I love spending time with them. They are 5 and 18 months. I became a demo last month things are starting to come together. I love my job and my family. Jo Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 12:35 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is so cool - thanks for starting it.
I'm in administration for Midwest Airlines "The Best Care in The Air" and my claim to fame is that I purchase all the chocolate chip cookies that we cook and serve on board. That is to the tune of approimately 3/4 million dollars a year!! Incredible, who would have thought! In my previous life (before I got into this roller coaster airline industry) I was in retail for 20 years ending up in management for Target. That was in the day when I thought I could handle 60 hour weeks with two children !! I made the change about 18 years ago and have discovered that there is life after retail.:lol:

I have been married 31 years :o to a man who never really complains about my hobbies (thank goodness) and we have two sons, 30 and 27.
I became a Stampin' Up demo in Oct. 2002 after having taken a few classes. I had never been to a workshop but knew I could do this. I have since started to have several classes a month and this is what helps me to keep my minimums in line. I'm dreaming of retirement when I can spend more time with this wonderful hobbie/business.

SCS has been a major help to me. I had been lurking for awhile and now that I have learned to navigate and get out of it what I need, I'm amazed how it has now become my reference tool, and my friend ! Thanks SCS team members for everything you put into this site. It is great.
Let's not loose this thread it is wonderful learning about each other. I hope that I get to meet some of you at convention.

Stefanie
Happiness is Stampin' Up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #109  
Inking Addict

Goodness, you all lead such busy lives, I don't know how you find time to stamp. I am a retired middle school teacher and am thoroughly enjoying my retirement (3 years). My husband is retired from the Air Force and retired from his civilian job this year. We have been married 36 years and are enjoying our time together. We love any type of travel and especially like cruising. We have 4 grandchildren and enjoy spending time with them. I wear a red hat and am active in my sorority.

This site is a real inspiration and I do experience withdrawal when on the road. I have been stamping since Nov 2003 and my supplies have taken over my room that was once designated for sewing. It is nice to find other uses for those things I did not use when sewing. I especially like receiving packages delivered by the big brown truck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #110  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi there. I just discovered this site only days ago but I am already hooked! Such wonderful cards from very creative minds.

My "real" job is teaching 2nd grade at a Catholic school. That's why I became a demo in January - for the discount 'cause Lord knows I can't afford this hobby on my salary! Most days I like my job - 2nd grade is a wonderful age, still honest and sincere, but more mature. And they still come up with crazy things that keep me laughing! I also work as a respite care provider to families with special needs children. I LOVE that job - so much fun and so rewarding.

As you probably guessed from my name, I'm a vegetarian (but I don't eat anything wierd! Just normal foods like tacos, mac & cheese, pizza, etc. without the meat or with "fake" meat - ah, the wonders of soy!) I am a mommy to 2 awesome cats who are more like dogs. If I had my way I'd have my own little zoo though!

I have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 3 years - just waiting for the ring - should be any day now, (hopefully!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #111  
Mad Swapper

Default what is you job?

Hello! This is my first post! I think this site is terrific and would would love to have nothing better to do than spend my day on this site, but alas I do have another life!

I have two kids, age 3 and 7, and taking care of them is my biggest priority! I am a SU demonstrator for 1 1/2 years now, which is my favorite job! And the job that pays the bills is my phyiscal therapy job which I have been doing for 17 year!!! Boy that makes me feel old!

I am sure now that I have over come my fear of my first post I will be posting all over the place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 01:08 PM   #112  
Kookie Creator

Hello Everyone!!! I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

About me? First and foremost - I am a SCS ADDICT! JUNKIE! whatever you want to call it! That's me.... but also...

I am an RN, after finishing nursing school in 1990 I worked 2 yrs in the Women's Center (primarily labor/delivery and newborn nursery) I loved the job but I probably NEVER would have had children if I had stayed there! after that I worked for 7 years in the operating room and ABSOLUTELY loved that job - the best! but when I had my first daughter I decided I didn't want to be on call anymore and really wanted to be able to sleep ALL NITE without the phone ringing and it be the hospital operator. I then was offered a position in the Business office of the same hospital as the Billing Compliance Officer and have been doing that now for 8 years... desk job, but good $$$ and good hours.....

I have been married for 10 years and 5 days. He works for TXU-Electric, Texas girls PLEASE don't hold that against me.... I can't even get MY OWN lights turned back on any quicker during a storm! We have 2 WONDERFUL DD's - Makensie is 8 yrs old (born on Halloween) and Kassidy is 6 yrs old. They are both very much into girls softball and have both played since they were 4 yrs old.... very cute age to go watch during the games! My 8 yr old made the All-Stars Team this year and we just last Friday finished our last game---- DISTRICT 5 CHAMPIONS!!!

I have been a SU! demo since February 2003 and LOVE IT!!!

I HATE my Avatar pic, but was tired of the "sexy chicken" pic... oops sorry Cami, I mean "sexy TURKEY" so this was the only really me picture, I will have to find a better one later.... my head looks sooo big in this one!

I am going to do another post after this one to see who is REALLY reading ALL of these posts on this forum!

SCS RULE!!!

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Okay now.... let's see who is REALLY reading ALL of the posts on this forum.....

Who all read the post by "rehaba" back on page 2 of this forum???

Did anyone else notice that she said her husband WORKS IN THE IT DEPT AT SU!.....??????

HELLLLOOOOOO GIRLS!!!! She MUST have some type of info she could share with us all!!!! don'tcha think???

Come on "rehaba"..... what all do you know????

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 01:12 PM   #114  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default What is my job?

I'm so glad I someone brought his up. Isn't cool that we can all be so different in our educational backgrounds but on the same playing field with our stampin addictions!

I've got a Marketing and paralegal degree and worked in Public Relations as a writer prior to changing careers. After 15 years with a fortune 500 company, I now work for a very small firm of 5 (including myself). I took a huge cut in pay, got a lot more responsibilities with no time off, no sick pay, and 3 bosses all under the age of 9!

I just love being a stay at home Mama! I stamp for sanity!!!!!!!!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love learning about all my fellow stampaholics....this as a great idea!!

My name is Sharon and I become an SU demo 6 months ago.(mainly to support my addiction!). I have been married to Jim for 19 years and am mom to 3 boys: Conor (17), Kyle (14) and Jeremy(9). In order t cobat this male invasion,I'm mom to a spoiled rotten Dacshund named Lucy!

I am a part time staff Pharmacist and have been for the last 17 years. Prior to that I was a retail Pharmacist and a pharmacetical rep. My hours are very flexible to accomodate hockey, football, lacrosse,etc..etc.. and most of all...to have time to stamp!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 PM   #116  
Matboard Maniac

Right now I am a PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEER! I am a SAHM to four children and used my stamping extensivley as the PTO president of a brand new school. After two years of that job (and let me tell you, it turned into a full time job!!) I have taken a smaller role in the PTO.

I am a West Point graduate (Class of '8! I immediately went in the Army as an Ordinance officer and was in charge of the maintenance and "fixing" of everything from night vision goggles to 5 ton trucks. Basically, the job was like a manager of a repair shop...in charge of 60 men and women, supplies and quality control. It really was a great job (I even learned how to completely reassemble a tank engine!)

Lou Belle was the nickname given to me by my roommate at West Point. My real name is Marilou.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 02:06 PM   #117  
Compulsive Stamper

Boy what a diverse group of stampers!! I haven't posted much but I love this site. Such a talented and creative group of people. I am a "early" retiree, was a Quality Control VP in my former life. But when my son and daughter in law told us we were going to be grandparents I said that's it I'm out of the VP world and into the day care world. I worked for 30 years and nows my time. I have been married to my DH for 29 years, we have a 27 year old son and his wife, 23 year old DD and my wild girl child of 20. We also have 5 cats, 3 dogs and the love of my life, our 10 month old grandson.

I became a demonstrator year and a half ago after hosting a worshop for my upline. I am totally hooked. I also sew occasionally and quilt.

I love this site

Oh and my name is Geni, ( spoken Gina ), it's a "weird mother wanted a different spelling thing". Great to met you guys!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 PM   #118  
Compulsive Stamper

In my former life I was a lawyer for 8 years. I then became a SAHM and while my kids slept I developed a scrapbooking product called PuzzleMates. I have my own scrapbooking/card company, www.designsbypm.com AND SU private labels one of my products, Magic Matter, you might know it as Layer Ease.

I never thought I would stamp and really didnt until about 6 months ago. I love it! I live in So. California with my 2nd (and last) DH and my 2 boys, 8 and 10. Running my own company lets me volunteer at their school and work around them :-)

Thanks for listening and thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 05:06 PM   #119  
Matboard Maniac

Yup I guess it's about time to introduce myself too =) BTW I really like this thread. It's nice to know what other people do.

I have been married to my DH for 6 1/2 years. It'll be 7 in Dec. We have one little girl, Jordan, who is 2 1/2. We are currently trying to have another baby now...hoping for a boy this time =) my DH and I met 8 years ago on the internet. I grew up in Mobile, Al but moved to Pensacola, Fl where we now live. I work in the billing office of a local hospital entering payments and I will be starting Nursing school in Aug of 2005.

I'm a stamper and a scrapper and I just signed up as a SU demo in May.

wife to Michael, Mother to 3 beautiful girls-Jordan, Emery, & Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

Well, mostly I am a SAHM, but I dabble as a SU demo, just a little, also I buy used books at yard sales and thrift shops and sell them on Amazon.com. It has quite a high profit margin, but you can't count on it. Sometimes I can go weeks without finding any good books, sometimes I find 20 in a day.

Here in Florida it is just too hot to yard sale right now, even at 7 am!

Occupataional hazard: You find stuff you "just can't pass up" and it sure can contribute to the clutter in the house. lol

Once I did stumble upon a yard sale of a past demo. I left with a brown grocery sack full of SU sets for $36. I asked her if she had more, and she did, so twice more she called me and I left with a bunch of very good stuff! That was the yard sale of a lifetime!
Reply With Quote Likes