Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOPs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #42  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I used to worry about not getting comments, but it no longer bothers me. I get my validation when I sell my cards and people tell me how much the recipients loved them. I'm especially pleased when I hear that they have been framed or displayed in a special place.
I see why your artwork would be framed! "Autumn in Provence" and "Have Some Pie" are my favorites. Love them all though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I try to comment on a few cards everytime I'm looking at the gallery...
I have such a hard time loading my cards so I'm thrilled when I get a comment. My last one was a Christmas card and I've had 185 looks but the only comments are from my daughter and 2 friends... it's good to have stamping friends! lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

I posted my very first card ever a few weeks ago, and I haven't gotten any comments either. I was really proud of that card too.

God bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Just a suggestion:

Unity Stamp Company has a thread in their company forum to leave love for the lovely ladies that use their stamps... What the thread does is has one person go in and leave a post saying they are going to go visit the person who posted before them gallery to leave love... then the next person to come along would then post a comment and say they are leaving love on that 2nd person... and so forth

(brain function not 100% due to pregnancy so I hope this makes sense!).

So say I started the thread... the 2nd person to post to the thread would go leave love in my gallery... then the 3rd person to post to the thread would go leave love on the 2nd persons gallery....

That way you get to leave love on someone's gallery who doesn't always get a lot of comments, and get to have a chance at some fabulous feedback on your own creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

Personally I look at another gallery then SCS because I find this gallery hard to search and find what I want to see..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestermannView Post
Are the blogs the rage these days? I just posted my first card on here in a LONG time... as in since 2008. No comment on it yet. So I wonder if my cardmaking skill has taken a turn for the worst LOL. I just need some love... as well many others who haven't gotten comments. :-)
I posted 3 cards a week or two ago and never got any comments, until today. And that was from someone who I had posted comments on her card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM2002View Post
I posted my very first card ever a few weeks ago, and I haven't gotten any comments either. I was really proud of that card too.

God bless!
I felt that way too about mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
I felt that way too about mine.
Your cards are so creative!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
Thank you!
You're welcome. I can't wait to start doing my Christmas Cards. I've been in a little bit of a design funk lately. Hopefullly I can come up with something cool!

God bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
All you have to do is right click on the card to open a new window to leave a comment. You can have 20 open windows, leave comments and the gallery will be in the same spot:p
Wow I didn't know that, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some of the things I've read about commenting have given me something to ponder. I'm fairly sure that most of the cards I have favourited I've not commented on. It hadn't occured to me that I was being impolite by doing this. And yet some say it doesn't bother them. So as a viewer how would I differentiate between those that expect comments and those that don't? Should I correct past indiscretions by emptying my favourites folder and from hence forth only add to cards I've commented on.

Advise needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,094 Likes on 838 Posts

I presume you're joking about emptying your favourites folder - why would you do that if you liked them in the first place. As everyone feels differently about this I'd go on doing what you've always done. You can't suit everybody all the time! Especially when you don't even know what suits them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, a thread like this gets started about every other month. I wonder: 1) Could there be a separate gallery called 'Comments Please'? 2) Could there be an agreement that folk who post their cards need to sign stating that they are aware, given the volume of cards, they understand that theirs may not get any comments. 3) People who are looking for comments ... do you really meant compliments? Is that what you're looking for?

I'm really getting tired of these threads. Just sayin.

ETA: Wow, I realize this post sounds harsh, and I don't mean it to be mean. I am cranky about this topic though. I think it gets stated over and over again that there are soooo many cards, sooo little time; that a 'view' says something and a 'favorited' says something more. These kinds of threads (where are the comments?) make me want to skip the gallery entirely. (And I do make comments on cards.)

(And I realize the OP wasn't complaining, she was just asking.)

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 10-24-2010 at 06:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not mean to give anyone the impression they HAVE to comment on my card if they make it a favorite but it is nice to know what appealed to you about the card. I am always overly critical of my work and it is nice to know it is not as bad as I think. ;) I am not looking for compliments, if you want to give constructive criticism, suggest a different technique, embellishment, color, etc., I welcome it with open arms!! Some of my most favorite cards have come out of brainstorming sessions with fellow stampers. Everyone has different tastes and views and I think it is neat to see how another person can build on my idea. Actually, does anyone know if there is a thread for something like this? Maybe where I can post a picture of a piece of dp, ribbon, embellishment, half started card, etc and other stampers can suggest ways to use items or finish the card?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
I did not mean to give anyone the impression they HAVE to comment on my card if they make it a favorite but it is nice to know what appealed to you about the card. I am always overly critical of my work and it is nice to know it is not as bad as I think. ;) I am not looking for compliments, if you want to give constructive criticism, suggest a different technique, embellishment, color, etc., I welcome it with open arms!! Some of my most favorite cards have come out of brainstorming sessions with fellow stampers. Everyone has different tastes and views and I think it is neat to see how another person can build on my idea. Actually, does anyone know if there is a thread for something like this? Maybe where I can post a picture of a piece of dp, ribbon, embellishment, half started card, etc and other stampers can suggest ways to use items or finish the card?
Sadie, this is seriously a great question and a dedicated spot somewhere would be a fantastic addition to SCS. I started stamping with two neighbors and we would help each other this way. Some one else's eyes are sooo helpful and it doesn't mean you have to take their idea. Sometimes it's the perfect touch and sometimes it helps you think of your own.

We've all since moved from the neighborhood, but recently I've been able to email cards that need suggestions to stamper friends and it's been a fabulous boost to my cardmaking mojo.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 10-24-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #58  
Watercolor Wizard

In my experience, I mainly just get comments on cards that I have entered into challenges and then make sure I let everyone know in the challenge thread that I did in fact make a card for it.
I just uploaded two cards yesterday. One was a challenge card and one was not. The one that was for the challenge received more views and comments, where the other one that was just for fun didn't get any comments yet and only a few views.
There is so much going on in this community that you can't honestly EXPECT people to leave you a comment or to even really look at your creation.
You should take it as a compliment if they do, and have understanding that people are busy if they don't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
You know, a thread like this gets started about every other month. I wonder: 1) Could there be a separate gallery called 'Comments Please'? 2) Could there be an agreement that folk who post their cards need to sign stating that they are aware, given the volume of cards, they understand that theirs may not get any comments. 3) People who are looking for comments ... do you really meant compliments? Is that what you're looking for?

I'm really getting tired of these threads. Just sayin.

ETA: Wow, I realize this post sounds harsh, and I don't mean it to be mean. I am cranky about this topic though. I think it gets stated over and over again that there are soooo many cards, sooo little time; that a 'view' says something and a 'favorited' says something more. These kinds of threads (where are the comments?) make me want to skip the gallery entirely. (And I do make comments on cards.)

(And I realize the OP wasn't complaining, she was just asking.)
It does sound harsh. Just sayin. And I appreciate the expressions of people who are simply sharing their feelins about this subject. As with many things in life, it is often a means of catharsis to be able to speak about things. This is a way to vent, share, release. If not here, where. I have always felt that way about pics and posting comments. But, as I said I understand, completely. Since personally I have NOT seen another thread like this, I wanted to share how I felt, or what helps me.
Do I want comments? Yes, I DO! I want to hear peoples opinion, especially people that I THINK ARE MORE talented than I! lol
Bottom line, I don't have that sort of support in life, because my friends don't stamp and I don't realistically have time to physically be involved with a group for support or "comments". So I come here, and I always get it. Thanks guys! You are the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #60  
Gabfest Goddess

Kim, I love the cookie inspired card in your gallery. What a great idea! And just about any element would work, don't ya think! Making my way through all the galleries here. Great work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #61  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniestamperView Post
I don't get that either...you will see a card that many people have looked at but didn't bother to leave a comment. (I think you have to have your own circle of friends??)
Anywho your card is great!!!
Bonnie, did you use two sizes of ovals to make that beautiful flower in your gallery, and if so, is there somewhere I could learn? Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #62  
Gabfest Goddess

Jeaniebean, do you have a gallery up yet? Went to check it out, but says try again. thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #63  
Gabfest Goddess

Pamela:
Here are the two videos that shows the ribbon treatment in that card:
YouTube - Ribbon Weaving with En-May
YouTube - Ribbon Weaving
There is also a thread with tons of ribbon treatment that is not just bows or knots.
Here:
Ribbons- there must be more than knot or bow? by tootsie roll at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #64  

Thanks for the feed back about my favourites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #65  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Some of the things I've read about commenting have given me something to ponder. I'm fairly sure that most of the cards I have favourited I've not commented on. It hadn't occured to me that I was being impolite by doing this. And yet some say it doesn't bother them. So as a viewer how would I differentiate between those that expect comments and those that don't? Should I correct past indiscretions by emptying my favourites folder and from hence forth only add to cards I've commented on.

Advise needed.
I really would not call it "impolite or an indiscretions" (imho)
I think each of us has our own way of thinking. Here is something I have recently learned as I visit galleries. Some people put on the description: "If you favorite, please, let me know why." or "Please leave a comment" or "Comments welcome." This is a good indication for me that this artist really wants to hear what I think. So I now read carefully, just in case there are some "instructions", so to speak.
On the other hand, what if I don't see any, I still consider, "Am I now willing to just look, or do I feel (this is personal to me) an obligation to "admire" and leave my comments. In my case, I want to comment, when I have the opportunity, and take advantage to do so. This is for me, not anyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #66  

Thanks davesgram, I like that way you explained that. I've not come across one with a request to 'comment if favouring', but it sounds like a good idea to ask for them if that is the card makers expectation. Now I don't feel so bad about past favouriting without comment. I personally have no expectation about comments, but they are nice to get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

Constructive Criticism - need a little help with your card? by joyfullyhis at Splitcoaststampers
Here is a link (I hope it works), to a "Constructive Criticism" thread. It sounded like something a previous poster may have been looking for or referring to.
tinyfeet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyfeetView Post
Constructive Criticism - need a little help with your card? by joyfullyhis at Splitcoaststampers
Here is a link (I hope it works), to a "Constructive Criticism" thread. It sounded like something a previous poster may have been looking for or referring to.
tinyfeet
Now this is something I can get into too! Help! Going to sub.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #69  
Glitter Queen

Default Comments on cards!! Sadlylacking!!

I'm sure all of your fab cards are amazing everyone
Well Done on having a go anyway!!
Your all very gifted people !!
Mary
My dog is my life.
without him I have no life!
The saying is mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquineStamperView Post
I'm "guilty" of not posting a message. This is my 1st EVER posting (anywhere online). It took forever for me just to join SCS. I'm just "shy" and never know what to say. I don't even have a gallery. Everyone's work is so beautiful & inspiring. I will try to get up the "gumption" and post! Glad I found this thread...everyone seems really nice & it's nice to know a "1-word" post is OK too. Thank YOU for bringing this up. Break over...back to work.
Well welcome to the best site online.
Reply With Quote Likes