Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
I agree with everything you said.

I like to shop local when I can. We have a store geared toward scrapbooking, a store geared toward stamping and then a M's and HL. Our JoAnn's dont really carry much in the line of papercrafting stuff so I dont count it.

I was a little put out tho when I was at my local stamp shop, commented on some stamps that they had, but they didnt have the exact 2 I wanted. The person there offered to order them for me and I said great! I would rather give them my money first. Well, I wish I had ordered online because it was over 2 months before I got my stamps and I had called 2 times in between to find out what the deal was. Each time I was told "oh, its been ordered" but I could have had those stamps in 2 weeks if I had just ordered from the site! Its little things like that that make me just want to internet shop.
They should have been more honest with you, but take into consideration that sometimes the budget money just isn't there to place immediate orders, plus every company requires a minimum purchase. Stores can't just order 2 stamps from a company... we have to be able to put together a minimum order, and if the budget money is spent for the month sometimes it isn't possible. I'm in a holding pattern myself right now, and have no more money to spend until September. Perhaps they were just trying to do whatever they could to keep you coming back and spending, but honesty is always best. If I had someone ask me tomorrow to order a stamp, I'd have no hesitation in telling them that I won't be able to order until the last week of the month. And some companies ship immediately, and some have 2-3 week in house processing times. That happens to me frequently with the big wigs like Hero Arts... they're 2-3 weeks in house, and then it takes 5 days for it to come across the country.

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Will be in Sherman, Texas and would love to know about any stamp and scrapbook stores in and around there. Thanks Phyllis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I shop at LSS stores in whatever town I happen to be visiting, LOL!?! I found two of them in Nashville, Indiana! Amazing how much they can put in a tiny space, it has taken me 2 visits just to see what I missed the first time.

I did find a fairly new stamp company (red rubber) today, Heartfelt Creations, make right here in Indiana so I hear. I even bought a sentiment stamps (Christmas) and it is not often I will pay for one sentiment stamp.

You can bet I will visit my LSS once I return home.

Hate to see so many stores closing.

I know both those stores well! When I lived in Indiana I drove out of my way every week to visit Papertrix. Wonderful store and Cindy was also so enthusiastic and had the latest supplies. I was very happy to run into her all the way down here in Florida at Stampfest this winter.

We've had at least two stores in the area close recently but luckily there are still two left within 30 minutes and few more within an hour or two. Very little in the way of stamps though.

When I was at the afore mentioned stampfest this year, and CHA Supershow in Orlando last year - I was shocked at the masses of other crafters, shopping bags full! And I wondered, where are all these people? When I go to an LSS or even the Michael's stamping aisle I am always alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

(First of all, let me say that I have never owned a local scrap book store, though I spend a lot of time at one.)

The local store is not going to stay open because you bought a couple of sheets of paper there for under a buck each. Can you imagine how many sheets of .60 paper it would take to make a rent payment? Utilities? Insurance? Pay employees?

These stores make their money on large ticket items and classes. Last I checked, you probably won't have an opportunity to take a class at a big box store, experiment with product before you make an investment to purchase it, and get great ideas and coaching from knowledgeable staff and owners who spend more time with you than a teenaged clerk who makes minimum wage for a few hours each week at the big box store. Ask the clerk at a big box store if they really care whether or not your cherished pics of grandma look better on Graphic 45 or Reminisce. I would even wager that they think October Afternoon is a date on a calendar instead of a marvelous line of paper. But I bet your LSS owner or staff will spend a few minutes with you to figure it out and offer an opinion. He or she might even tell you how nice grandma looks in her floral mu-mu.

I think people forget and de-value what they get when they spend their dollars at the LSS instead of a big box store or online. THAT'S what makes me sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post
(First of all, let me say that I have never owned a local scrap book store, though I spend a lot of time at one.)

The local store is not going to stay open because you bought a couple of sheets of paper there for under a buck each. Can you imagine how many sheets of .60 paper it would take to make a rent payment? Utilities? Insurance? Pay employees?

These stores make their money on large ticket items and classes. Last I checked, you probably won't have an opportunity to take a class at a big box store, experiment with product before you make an investment to purchase it, and get great ideas and coaching from knowledgeable staff and owners who spend more time with you than a teenaged clerk who makes minimum wage for a few hours each week at the big box store. Ask the clerk at a big box store if they really care whether or not your cherished pics of grandma look better on Graphic 45 or Reminisce. I would even wager that they think October Afternoon is a date on a calendar instead of a marvelous line of paper. But I bet your LSS owner or staff will spend a few minutes with you to figure it out and offer an opinion. He or she might even tell you how nice grandma looks in her floral mu-mu.

I think people forget and de-value what they get when they spend their dollars at the LSS instead of a big box store or online. THAT'S what makes me sad.
Yes, this post reminded me of the other reasons I have for shopping at my LSS rather than M's or Joanns. They care whether I leave the store happy with my purchases and everyone who works there understands this "obsession":rolleyes: that I have with using their products. Not to mention I've had some great conversations with other customers, total strangers, about products we're shopping for because we understand eachother. I've even received some great advice from customers as well as staff.

This is also why I prefer to buy SU products, because of the input and common ground that my demo and I share. Maybe that's also why of any online company I prefer Gina K. Designs because any questions I have will get answered, often by Gina herself.

This thread is really making me want to go to my LSS soon, I think as soon as I can get the kids off to school I'll be making a trip.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampertammyView Post
They should have been more honest with you, but take into consideration that sometimes the budget money just isn't there to place immediate orders, plus every company requires a minimum purchase. Stores can't just order 2 stamps from a company... we have to be able to put together a minimum order, and if the budget money is spent for the month sometimes it isn't possible. I'm in a holding pattern myself right now, and have no more money to spend until September. Perhaps they were just trying to do whatever they could to keep you coming back and spending, but honesty is always best. If I had someone ask me tomorrow to order a stamp, I'd have no hesitation in telling them that I won't be able to order until the last week of the month. And some companies ship immediately, and some have 2-3 week in house processing times. That happens to me frequently with the big wigs like Hero Arts... they're 2-3 weeks in house, and then it takes 5 days for it to come across the country.
Tammy...I totally agree! The only reason I actually placed my order with them was because they told me they were placing an order "very soon". Otherwise I would have ordered it online from the exact same place they ordered it from. It even has the site name right there on the stamps, so I know thats where they get it. I would never want to "put someone out" by having to place an individual order just for me, altho in the newsletter they send out they are always saying that custom orders are welcome. And I told them I needed it fairly soon for a teen class I was giving and that I was willing to pay upfront. I would much rather hear "we arent placing an order for a while" or anything else. I still love the store, they still get my business but I will remember this if I need something sooner than later.

I wish you the absolute best in your business. You sound like a very conscientious business owner and if I were in OH I would come visit ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post

I teach and work at my LSS and let me tell you, a store makes little or no money from classes.. The money goes into product and teacher's wages. Where stores makes money is customer service, and product knowledge. I have worked at both of the LSS's in my town and the OTHER store has mean, unhelpful staff, poor classes, and this reflects in their sales. Every single day I work at my store I have people tell me how helpful our staff is, and that they really appreciate how we go out of our way to assist them, and they keep coming back! Support your LSS if they deserve supporting.. I LOVE working at my LSS (even if this is supposed to be my summer vacation from being a teacher) and I love the look on the faces of happy, satisfied customers going home to craft!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
I teach and work at my LSS and let me tell you, a store makes little or no money from classes.. The money goes into product and teacher's wages.
Yes and no. When I taught regularly at my LSS I used products that they sold. My class fee covered everything I used in the class, my time in teaching and prepping the class. Now I just bring product to sell with me.

By using stamps and paper and adhesive that the LSS carries, that makes money for the stamp store. While teaching the classes I would literally pull product from the shelves for the students while they were coloring or cutting. So perhaps, the store didn't make money from the actual class, but they really did make money from the class. If they didn't, then what would be the point?

The knowledge and inspiration that a teacher/salesperson brings is priceless. It's that personal, knowledgeable staff, that keeps bringing people in. In addition, if the old product isn't selling, then the teacher/salesperson has the opportunity to create classes and displays to help get the creative juices flowing. To look at a product in a new way. Not so much with the Big Box stores or online. (Except my store, of course) ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss MeowyView Post
Yes and no. When I taught regularly at my LSS I used products that they sold. My class fee covered everything I used in the class, my time in teaching and prepping the class. Now I just bring product to sell with me.

By using stamps and paper and adhesive that the LSS carries, that makes money for the stamp store. While teaching the classes I would literally pull product from the shelves for the students while they were coloring or cutting. So perhaps, the store didn't make money from the actual class, but they really did make money from the class. If they didn't, then what would be the point?

The knowledge and inspiration that a teacher/salesperson brings is priceless. It's that personal, knowledgeable staff, that keeps bringing people in. In addition, if the old product isn't selling, then the teacher/salesperson has the opportunity to create classes and displays to help get the creative juices flowing. To look at a product in a new way. Not so much with the Big Box stores or online. (Except my store, of course) ;)
That's kinda what I meant... The store doesn't make money from THE ACTUAL CLASS, but reaps benefits from the teacher's expertise and talents.. I have never taught at a store where I didn't use EVERYTHING that the store sold. It's kind of a rule, no outside product..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

Default HSM/Carlisle, PA

There are AC Moore, JoAnn Fabric and Michael's stores available in my area. There was one nice stamping/scrapbooking store available six years ago, but the owner couldn't compete with Michael's once it moved into town.

My problem right now is I can't find stamping supplies for Christmas cards at JoAnn Fabrics. When I inquired about the lack of Christmas stamps and paper, I was informed by the clerks that they wouldn't be putting anything on the shelves until they reduced their Fall/Halloween items in the store. My inquiry was made in early November and it is now a few days before December 1 and I haven't seen any change in their Christmas stamping inventory. Has anyone noticed this at JoAnn Fabrics, AC Moore or Michaels?

Hilda S. Marcello

Last edited by marcelloh; 11-26-2011 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling of last name
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to say but I have not been in a JoAnn Fabric for stamp supplies in quite awhile. The last time I was there was to buy yarn. Our Michael's has their Christmas stuff out and have had since shortly after Halloween, it's pretty well picked over by now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Here the Michaels has had their christmas stuff out well before Halloween. The JoAnns has also had christmas up for quite a while. We also have Hobby Lobby, not AC moore. The christmas displays went up in like Sept here. They take down the summer displays and the winter displays go up. The christmas aisles are in the back of the stores for a while until after halloween, sometimes thanksgiving, then they move up to the front of the store. It's been christmas in my local stores for a long time....

Holley

a new project everyday!
Holley's Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

I'm fortunate. Within a mile of my house are a Michael's, Hobby Lobby and TWO JoAnn Stores. There is also an amazing LSS - Scrapbooks, Etc. - that is less than two blocks. I drive by it every day (it's between my house and DD's school) and stop in as often as my budget allows. Friday morning, they opened at 8, and had a line outside when I drove by at 7:30.

I don't go to the others often, unless I'm looking for something non paper. Why?

- I love the people at my LSS. I started shopping there when they first opened at another location probably 15 years ago. They still know me by name and know my tastes.
- They are much more likely to have new stuff than the others. And to have it in stock. And they keep the not-so-big but often needed things on hand, too. big ticket items are available to try usually, too.
- They have a great bonus program to earn free merchandise. Yes, they do have sales, too. On a regular basis, too.
- They have great classes. I haven't taken one in a while, but they're really good when I do. They also have classes for kids, which is a lot of fun for DD.
- They will order things I want. And I don't have to pay shipping.
- I like being able to touch and feel things. Can't do that online.
- I like supporting small businesses. My grandparents owned a mom & pop grocery store - Grandma had it until I was 3. I have known a lot of other small business owners, and have a great deal of respect for anyone who does that.

Oh, and I don't shop online. I think I've bought maybe two things for crafting online. I also try to buy horse things at our local (ok, an hour away) stores, too. For all the same reasons as the LSS except classes. Oh, and I can try things on from them, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

I see this thread has been revived from over a year ago. In that time, my LSS has succumbed and is closed. I really liked the owner,she was sweet and ordered things for me as well. We had a conversation about running a store and the biggest thing that kept her from ordering fresh merchandise was the HUGE minimums that crafting companies have on their orders. Unless you do a brisk business and clear shelves quickly, you simply cannot order at least $1k of merchandise from dozens of companies several times a year. I miss the store dearly and have had to order from internet stores to have anything new. we have Micheal's, J's and Hobby Lobby, but NOTHING that has come out in the last 9-12 months!:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Minimums are usually only 100.00-200.00 dollars at all the companies I deal with, but some require a min. number of each product such as 6 or 4. Four is not bad, but if you have to order 6 of one item that really limits the number of different products you can order at once. I am lucky to work with different distributors that don't require such high minimums, and I think most companies do that now. I just think right now it is the economy and lack of spending money. Personally, for me I cannot spend money on fun things for myself with Christmas looming in the very near future. I will add, my on-line store is sustaining my little retail store right now, and have long thought that other small businesses should take to the internet if they are struggling due to the local economy. When the going gets tough you have to look outside the box, try new things, etc. Right now it is just a real bad wave (this economy) that we will have to ride out. Cross your fingers and/or pray for all the small businesses in your area, I think it is tough on everyone right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #56  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimsView Post
I'm fortunate. Within a mile of my house are a Michael's, Hobby Lobby and TWO JoAnn Stores. There is also an amazing LSS - Scrapbooks, Etc. - that is less than two blocks. I drive by it every day (it's between my house and DD's school) and stop in as often as my budget allows. Friday morning, they opened at 8, and had a line outside when I drove by at 7:30.
Diana, thanks for mentioning Scrapbooks, Etc. I'm in the southern part of Kansas but get up to the northern part quite often, and I often forget to check out the local stores while I'm there. I am glad to know it's still around and will have to plan a "side trip" soon to get there!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairsingerView Post
Diana, thanks for mentioning Scrapbooks, Etc. I'm in the southern part of Kansas but get up to the northern part quite often, and I often forget to check out the local stores while I'm there. I am glad to know it's still around and will have to plan a "side trip" soon to get there!
They are. Don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but they're in Hillsdale shopping center just west of Fairlawn on 17th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

When we lived in Knoxville I shopped at a couple of LSS and the big box stores too. I LOVE the feeling of a LSS. You get so much personal attention. I like the idea of classes as well. Sadly there isn't one with in 2 hours of me here in this SMALL town in SC.I have to shop via the net. I don't mind it but I do miss personal interaction. I would sure support one but I do think business is contingent on what is in..( can't remember who stated that above). I think small town business could pick up with a lot of people missing customer service. I can imagine it would be difficult to stock a LSS with all the great stamp companies out there and so many techniques and products ( Copics, Touch, Prismacolors..etc..) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #59  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only have one LSS in a nearby town but it's a tiny store and hasn't any stamping supplies. There is also an independent craft store but she has a very limited amount of stamping supplies. That said though, I go to them for 12 by 12 cardstock and chipboard. And the craft store does stock single sheets of Graphic 45!

I have a Joann's and Michaels in my town and I go there for adhesives, cutting blades, punches, etc. I shop online for other paper lines and the occasional tool or embelishments. No one here has Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, etc. And no one has the 6 by 6 paper packs so I get those online too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No stamp or scrapbook stores in my city. Never has been, unless you count Michael's and JoAnn's ... both which packed up and moved across the border to a neighboring city.

They are where I do most of my shopping. I can't remember the last time I bought anything that cost more than $5 and paid full price at either of these stores. I buy on sale or use a coupon. On the down side, the variety in these stores are extremely limited.

The "local" scrap store is a 40-minute drive. It is decent size with a ton of stuff, but I just about have a heart attack every time I pull out my wallet. I visit two or three times a year, but only for a class or when my scrap group books the little crop area.

I have been known to shop online, but since the cost of postage is so high, I tend to make only two or three online scrap/stamp purchases a year. And the stores that usually get my business are those with fair prices and a wide variety of items that I can't get locally. I drool over stores that offer a few specialty items, but don't order. Maybe one day. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Luckily for me and the wonderful ladies that frequent this little LSS in Santa Rosa, Helene is still in business! That being said, it's still a struggle and if it weren't for the Custom Framing part of her business, Helene wouldn't be in business. Helene has a wonderful following of ladies that frequent her store. Helene is always coming up with new classes for cards, scrapbooking, and even decorations. Her "regulars" are truly wonderful ladies, as is Helene! If you are ever in Santa Rosa, Ca; stop in and say "hello" I may just be there too!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughterView Post
Luckily for me and the wonderful ladies that frequent this little LSS in Santa Rosa, Helene is still in business! That being said, it's still a struggle and if it weren't for the Custom Framing part of her business, Helene wouldn't be in business. Helene has a wonderful following of ladies that frequent her store. Helene is always coming up with new classes for cards, scrapbooking, and even decorations. Her "regulars" are truly wonderful ladies, as is Helene! If you are ever in Santa Rosa, Ca; stop in and say "hello" I may just be there too!
I'm always up in Santa Rosa and I didn't know there was a LSS there. What is its name? Do you have a link to her store site or an address?

I always prefer giving my hard earned cash to a local business that will put the money back in to the community rather than Big Box stores.

Last edited by Miss Meowy; 11-27-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss MeowyView Post
I'm always up in Santa Rosa and I didn't know there was a LSS there. What is its name? Do you have a link to her store site or an address?

I always prefer giving my hard earned cash to a local business that will put the money back in to the community rather than Big Box stores.
The name of the Santa Rosa LSS is Helene's Custom Framing and Scrapbooking. Her store is located just west of Hwy 101 from the downtown exit, right across from the Hyatt (I think that's it name), in the old downtown part of Santa Rosa. Address is 109 3rd St.
Helene's Framing & Scrapbooking | [email protected] |
707 546 4760 | 109 3RD ST | Santa Rosa | CA | 95401

Maybe one day I will see you there!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughterView Post
The name of the Santa Rosa LSS is Helene's Custom Framing and Scrapbooking. Her store is located just west of Hwy 101 from the downtown exit, right across from the Hyatt (I think that's it name), in the old downtown part of Santa Rosa. Address is 109 3rd St.
Helene's Framing & Scrapbooking | [email protected] |
707 546 4760 | 109 3RD ST | Santa Rosa | CA | 95401

Maybe one day I will see you there!
Thank you! Maybe I will ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 06:44 AM   #65  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 805 Likes on 328 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I shop at LSS stores in whatever town I happen to be visiting, LOL!?! I found two of them in Nashville, Indiana! Amazing how much they can put in a tiny space, it has taken me 2 visits just to see what I missed the first time.

I did find a fairly new stamp company (red rubber) today, Heartfelt Creations, make right here in Indiana so I hear. I even bought a sentiment stamps (Christmas) and it is not often I will pay for one sentiment stamp.

You can bet I will visit my LSS once I return home.

Hate to see so many stores closing.
Nashville... isn't that in Brown County? I'm from Indianapolis originally, still have family there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, Nashville is in Brown County, just south of Columbus, In, I believe. Two stamps stores, each one unique and within walking distance of each other! My favorite is Papertrix...it's teeny, but packed with good things! I think the other is called Wishful Inking. I think Papertrix closes in the winter, if I'm not mistaken. The owners are super sweet, and they organize events. I know they had Karen Lockhart out once to teach her masterful coloring techniques w/ prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

If you go, make sure you pop over to the Story Inn in Story, IN. Fabulous food in a neat atmosphere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #67  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Maryrose is right, Nashville in in Brown County IN and is a fun place to visit. My grand parents moved there in the 60's and I still have aunts, and cousins in the area so I take my mom to visit her sister every now and then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

we have had several stores close here locally in MN. the only one that I know that is local is Scrapbooks 2, and they have wonderful paper, dies and stamps. Sue will order something if she carries it. She'll let you look at their catalogs and get it for you. Then there is Crafts Direct in St. Cloud, that I go to every once in awhile, the store is huge, and has other things besides the scrapbooking and stamps. Floral, sewing, art, etc. the Michaels and Joann's dont circulate their inventory and if only mangers knew what they had, they could get the latest and newest items, if they were in touch with their customers.
Caroline
Minnetonka, MN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #69  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairsingerView Post
I live in Wichita and ALWAYS stop in at Scrapbooks Etc. when I'm in Topeka!! Love that store!!

My Small but Growing Gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #70  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Just spent over $60 at my LSS today....helping to keep it going. It was quite busy today, which is always good to see. They have a lot of great classes, great teachers, always getting in new products, etc. And they have recently went online so that should help them to stay in business too. Love small local stores with great customer service and attention.
Reply With Quote Likes