Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My goals:
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!! :p :cool:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My goals: enter some contests and just stamp more. I did a smart thing in 2005 and cut way back on impulse purchasing. Now that I have that semi in control, it is time to stamp more and browse less!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carebear530
My 2006 goals:
-Make more cards to have on hand & not miss any birthdays or other events.
-Send more just because cards. Maybe one a month.
-Do at least one scrapbook page a month.
-Keep my stamping room cleaner. I really need help with this one.
I'm definitely with you on this one. I want to make cards just because, rather than always rushing to get cards done for certain occasions and never being happy with the one I have made because I am always rushing.
So here and now I vow to make more cards just to create and then turn them into cards for specific people. But it will have to be after I have rushed to make my Christmas cards for nearest and dearest, my father's birthday card on the 30th December and my brother-in-law's birthday card on 4th January and after I have done my son's thank you cards and after the three scrapbooks I have to finish by Christmas day So no pressure on me then!
I am also going to get me a card organiser, or even better make myself one with all my important dates on it.
I also need to actually use what I have rather than constantly wanting the next set on my list. I have so many stamps and sets that I have never even used!
I might actually be more inclined to create if I could keep my space tidy, so I am going to try very hard to be a neat crafter (HA HA!) ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Smile My goal is........

to get everyone's BD card to them ON TIME, and to send out RAK's in a timely manner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #45  
Inking Addict

Start my christmas cards before December!!

Isn't he precious?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Some of you are way too ambitious for me. My only resolution for card making that I think I might actually have a good chance of keeping is to try to participate in a few of the weekly challenges. They are always so inspiring.

I really should try to stay more organized, and sometimes I get everything put neatly away, but it always ends up a mess. Perhaps if I stamp more, I'll be more inclined to keep it a bit tidier.....but I'm not making any promises!!!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

~ Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

My resolution: Put all the great ideas I have found off of SCS and put them to use!! Which unfortunately means spending less time on this site. I find myself always here instead of in my stamp room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

I am going to make my cards one month in advanced. For example I have a jump start on my Valentine Cards. I will work on those until the end of Jan and go from there. I have a problem with keeping up resolutions but I figured I could keep it going if I look at it one month at a time. Baby Steps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 04:34 AM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
2. Get rid of stuff I haven't used in a year (or never used in the 1st place. :shock: )

GASP !!!!!!!!! I have things I haven't used in probably five years but I can't get rid of them. They may come in handy some day. I'm really not a pack rat, only when it comes to scrapbooking and now stamping.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #50  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts
Red face Get Rid of Stuff????

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuskins
GASP !!!!!!!!! I have things I haven't used in probably five years but I can't get rid of them. They may come in handy some day. I'm really not a pack rat, only when it comes to scrapbooking and now stamping.

Double Gasp!!!! I have resolved not to buy another paper pack before I use more of the ones I have, but other than that..... I could never throw anything out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

My goals:

1. Be less critical of my own cards! It was really helpful to start my gallery on this site because people here are very nice and supportive. It makes me really happy to read their comments.

2. Make my spare room into a stamping room so I don't need to stamp in the living room anymore. Also get some shelves to display my stamps, instead of keeping them in boxes.

3. Sell more cards at work. Although I sold quite a few cards this year (birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc), it would be nice to get some extra cash to buy more stamps without feeling guilty!!! I'm also hoping to start making Valentine's cards within the next few weeks.

4. Try new techniques like paint cans, gift sets, beaded pens, notebooks, Altoid tins, clipboards, minibooks and stamping on candles.

5. Start a scrapbook album.

6. Motivate myself at times when I suffer from "artist's block".

7. Find some stamping buddies in my area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

All I can say is "DITTO" to everything mentioned above and anything that is written after mine. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Lunar Lana, if you are out there, you have inspired me!! Your After Dinner Cards made me think that I could possibly make a card each day...maybe not after dinner (my busiest time of day,) but perhaps after everybody goes to bed or something. I am going to build up my Happy Birthday card supply and send one out to everybody ON TIME!!!

Erin in Okc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #54  
First To Quack

I agree about making & sending more cards, also the 'use it or lose it' for all my treasures. But what I really want to do is start using up my scraps by making nice tags for NEXT Christmas. Should be something I could do on a regular base so I have lots to chose from next year.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #55  
Wish RAK Coordinator

Location: needs some retail therapy....now just to decide what to buy!

My resolutions for 2006 are to:
1. try new techniques
2. do the weekly challenges
3. use the embellishments that I have before buying more
4. make a point to work on a hobby a little bit each day. I can always find something else that needs to be done like laundry. If I do a little each day I might actually get something finished.
5. learn to knit. My DH bought me a gift certificate to the local yarn shop for Christmas.
6. Start on Christmas cards for next year NOW! I need to make them for my Mom and myself.

Kris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #56  
Kookie Creator

1) Dig out the craft table (it's under there somewhere) and get organized so I can scrap and make cards somewhere other than the kitchen table.

2) Make 10 cards a month, not counting any swaps. Doesn't matter what kind, so if I feel like making Christmas cards in May, that's ok, but if I make 10 a month, I should have a good usable stash built up at the end of the year.

3) Go through my pile of swaps and decide what I want to case and what I'm willing to part with and then part with them. Send them or pass them along to a friend, but cut down the number of boxes full of cards I can't bear to part with.

Sounds good. Off to work on #3 right now while I'm motivated.

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Wink Resolutions is such a nasty sounding word...

Most of the time, resolutions are made only to be broken. I prefer to just make plans. LOL.

My plans for 2006 include continuing to perfect the new techniques I have recently learned (gel cards-love them and spinner cards) and learn new techniques every chance I get. My next technique to learn is stamping with condensed milk. Just looks too cool not to try.

As for the organization of my stamping supplies, I have that pretty well under control. Unfortunately, I have no stamping room of my own. I have to keep everything in the dining room. Trying to talk dh into finishing off the extra room upstairs so we can move ds up there and I can take over his bedroom for a stamping studio.

I have never had any cards made up in advance. That sounds like a wonderful idea and I plan to try that one out as soon as I am done making samples for my upcoming debut as a stamping instructor at Michael's.

I would also like to be able to devote at least one hour a day to stamping. Use that time to practice new techniques or stockpile cards.

My biggest stamping plan for 2006 is to sign up to be a SU demo in about Feb or Mar when the income tax comes in! I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

New Years Resolutions for my stamping supplies
#1 GET ORGANIZED (but then what do we have left to complain about? LOL)
#2 mail cards on time
#3 offer more classes
#4 make set samplers for the sets I already have
#5 use it or lose it - either get creative with all this extra I have or get rid of it
my list could go on for ever and ever lol- to do list never ends around here. But I might have some ideas that might work for some of you
When I make my set samplers- I make three of each card and all set samplers are full cards- this way if the set retires or what ever- I have full cards done to put in the mail. My set samplers are made with our clear envelopes rather than the clear bags.
For the creative card classes- I cut extra cs for each card we do- once everyone is gone for the night after each class - I complete the extras and have more cards on hand. This way I am still in the mood or mind set to stamp lol- May not be cost effective cutting the extra ( I only cut 2 or 3 of each extra) but it works for having cards when I need them.
Another idea I found on another group I am on- is having a box of envelopes already addressed for each month- when you complete the cards you place them in the envelopes and then in the corner where the stamp goes- you write the mailing date in pencil- this way they are suppose to go out on time ( I say suppose to because I am usually late) lol- working on this one lol.
For the Christmas cards- I held most of my Holiday classes in August- I cut four extra of each card I did for the classes- this way my cards were all done by October- all I had to do was remember where I had put them lol.(Having the classes in the summer worked for my Ladies as they ordered their supplies and worked on their holiday cards at their cottages and campers)
Hope that helps someone- look forward to reading everyone elses ideas.
Wishing you all Health, happiness and every stamp your heart desires!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2005, 05:15 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 262 Likes on 153 Posts

Mine is to use all the stamps sets I have this year at least once. I have so many sets that I have bought and mounted and still not used. I am determined to go through the gallery and print some ideas for each set I own and make them!! I especially need to focus on get well and sympathy. I seem to always make Birthday cards and never have any sympathy or get well on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2005, 07:58 AM   #60  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts
Red face Good Idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBinGA
Mine is to use all the stamps sets I have this year at least once. I have so many sets that I have bought and mounted and still not used. I am determined to go through the gallery and print some ideas for each set I own and make them!! I especially need to focus on get well and sympathy. I seem to always make Birthday cards and never have any sympathy or get well on hand.
I really like this idea! I, too have many sets that I have mounted and not used. It's not that I don't like them. I only buy them if I love them. I'm really going to try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

I am a full time teacher so time is always on short supply and I also am a quilter. Stamping and quilting both tend to be a bit complusive. My plan is to try to do a little of both sometime during each week. That is a lofty goal.
Reply With Quote Likes