Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more manly stuff, but not just animals, cars, sports, etc. can't use lovely as a tree on all the men cards. the dies are way too expensive, and have found dies through hero arts, penny black, cherry lynn.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
They need to track down the artist who did Sketches, Summer by the Sea, and Seaside Sketches and have them create more designs of that nature. I would like more beautiful and graceful choices and less childish, cartoony images.
I don't have Sketches, but I had Summer by the Sea and recently scored Seaside Sketches on eBay. I also searched for quite a while before finding a Knobbly Gnomes set I wouldn't have to mortgage my house for - thankfully I found that one, as well. I love the older styles that actually required some artistic talent rather than childish and cartoony, and I'm another one that doesn't like "doodle font" sentiments, too - give me something I can't do myself, please...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Heavy base weight card stock in their white and vanilla. They are SO behind the times on that issue!

6x6 paper packs would be awesome. As well as I saw another poster mention 8x8 one sided to use as envelope lining.

Back to offering all colors as individual marker purchases.

Get rid of the "stick figure" type drawings that look as if an 8 year old drew them. If I wanted that look, I could do it myself or get my son to do it for me!!

And finally, I also agree with folks who say design more stamp sets around the punches you already have in production and that many of us have bought...or were thinking about buying.
Offering more stamp sets that could use the one or two punches would push me over the edge to purchase if I knew I had multiple stamp sets to work with.

I know none of these are original; from skimming through the previous responses I just picked out the ones that I agreed most strongly with already...maybe if there are enough repeat requests we might see some of our "wishes come true"! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

100% agree with everyone who said they should release more stamp sets to go with current punches and dies. I purchased the Chalk Talk dies, but there weren't any new stamp sets in the winter or spring mini catalogs. Why not a whole set of holiday tag stamps for this set??? Also, no new sets for the Window Frame dies, only a Sale-A-Bration option for the Deco Label dies and only a hostess set for Hearts a Flutter dies. I haven't seen a whole new set for the Apothecary framelits either. If dies are going to work with only one set, they need to be much, much cheaper.

I also dislike it when a single stamp set requires the purchase of multiple framelits sets and punches. For example, "Label Something" -- stamp set costs $13.95, but it would cost $90.70 to purchase all six punches to go with the set. I currently own only one of the punches that coordinate with this set.

I would like to see more a la carte stamps. I hate to spend $20-$25 to buy a stamp set just to get the 1 or 2 that I like or think I will use. For example, I would love the hello lovely stamp that fits the decorative label punch, but I can't see spending $25 just to get that one stamp. I like the other two sentiments in the set, but I feel like the other stamps in the set are mostly filler.

Like everyone else I do not care for a lot of the "messy" looking stamps in the current spring catalog. I am looking for more stamps that are really special, and more basic sentiment stamps in great fonts or that work with punches/dies. For example, I really like the Merry & Type set.

I would love to see some alphabet framelits that pair with a stamp set. For example, why not come out with Morning Post alphabet dies and number dies or ABC-123 Sketch alphabet dies. This would be so great!

More sizes of the current punch shapes. For example, I see people punching out multiple pieces of a single punch to create a background matte in a different color for the main punched image. Why not just come out with a large decorative label punch and/or a large artisan label punch that would create an 1/8 inch matte for the current punches? This would be so useful and would really extend the possibilities of the original punch.

I would love to see them offer photopolymer stamp sets with INEXPENSIVE matching dies - maybe $9 for a set of 3 or 4 dies. Then I would have a nice bundle to work with for less than $25.

More types of pool party ribbon. A true yellow orange ink and paper -- like Bazzil's Mexican Poppy or Pineapple Bliss or Desert Marigold
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love more sympathy sets. These are hard and I like to update the font on them every few years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #46  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I would love to see some sentiments for the inside of cards in a larger font then what they usually do. They have had some nice scriptures and verses in the past, but the font is SOOO tiny that's it's not only hard to read, but hard to stamp cleanly too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heart

Personally I would LOVE for them: make a newer stamp set of Fire Fighter set's. Police stamp sets.

I make a lot of cards for my fellow Fire Fighters. and it's hard to find something that is fitting.

Open stamps for coloring. (which I haven't done much of lately.)

Heavy Weight Cardstock: White or Ivory.

Stuff more fitting for Teen-agers!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

If they are not going to sell individual markers, offer us replacement marker tips so we can replace them when they get mushy. I realize this won't be a huge money-maker for them, but it would be a service to their customers to offer it. Then we could re-ink our markers and add a fresh tip too.

I'd also like to see a heavier weight cardstock in white and very vanilla.

I totally agree with the desire for more stamp sets to coordinate with current dies and punches. We pay a lot for them, give us more options for using them.

I'm another one who liked the older style, more realistic images rather than the cartoony ones common today. I'm not a fan of the sentiments with letters colored in which seem to be common today either. I have to buy classic styles, rather than trendy I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
I also dislike it when a single stamp set requires the purchase of multiple framelits sets and punches. For example, "Label Something" -- stamp set costs $13.95, but it would cost $90.70 to purchase all six punches to go with the set. I currently own only one of the punches that coordinate with this set.
This is my single greatest bugbear with SU. Do they genuinely think everyone can afford to buy all the coordinating punches for these mixed sets???

I would love to see new stamp sets that each coordinate with a single punch. I understand that SU is trying to get ppl to buy all the goodies, but I really think in today's economy they are just annoying many potential clients.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 433 Likes on 165 Posts

I have always loved my older SU stamps that have stippling on them, like the butterfly stamp of theirs, which was one of the first ones they sold separately and not huge in size. I love the roses one too. These will always be a part of my all time collection. Some art is so faddish and passes in popularity so quickly, but the classics are always some of the finer works of art. KWIM? I wish there were more of these kinds of stamps.
I like my stamps to be for all times and besides with all the money I've spent (hince no inheritance for my children), these need to be heirlooms!LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #51  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been disappointed in the prices of the designer pattern packs; would like to see it available in cheaper 8 x 8 or 6 x 6 packs, somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiemnView Post
I would love 6x6 pads as well versus the 12x12. I get tired of using the same paper and it just ends up being wasted or given away

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

I am thinking kits with a target group as children including boys -think make your own Christmas cards or Valentines-also teens-what a great gift idea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuLillaView Post
This is my single greatest bugbear with SU. Do they genuinely think everyone can afford to buy all the coordinating punches for these mixed sets???

I would love to see new stamp sets that each coordinate with a single punch. I understand that SU is trying to get ppl to buy all the goodies, but I really think in today's economy they are just annoying many potential clients.
I think it is a way to use punches more. Usually when there is a new punch, there's a set to go with it (hexagon, artisan label, pansy, quatrefoil to name a few recent ones) so the new sets go with punches I already have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love to see them improve the backing on the cling mount stamps. They. do. not. stick. to the blocks period, so I no longer buy them, which is a shame since I really like some of th designs.

Love the photopolymer stamps but they are hard to find on the site. More of them and easier to find!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cling mount blues

I SO agree about the cling mount stamps- I still have trouble with them no matter what I do. And leaving off the sticker labels defeats the whole purpose, as I see it! would really like to see an improvement here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
LOL It doesn't have to be SU!. Anyone who figures out how to sell big bottles of time will get a lot of money for it!
package the bottle of time with the energy of a 3year old and we will all be set~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #57  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

I thought this was silly at first, but I tried it and it really works. Can't remember who suggested it, but you rub your cling stamp and clear block on your pants and then put them together and they hold well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Another thing I wish not only SU! but all direct-marketing companies would do is offer free or lower shipping if someone buys over a certain dollar amount. Currently it feels like the more I buy, the more I'm penalized by even higher shipping costs. I'd rather take a reduction in shipping costs, than hostess rewards. This, more than anything keeps me from buying a larger amount from any direct-marketing company (including CTMH and other non-stamping direct-marketing companies).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would buy a WHOLE lot more SU stuff if the sold single stamps and improved the artwork in them like they did years ago. I am perfectly willing to cut stamps out since I do not like the white space with the dies. I HATE buying a set that costs a fortune when I want only one stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #60  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
I would buy a WHOLE lot more SU stuff if the sold single stamps and improved the artwork in them like they did years ago. I am perfectly willing to cut stamps out since I do not like the white space with the dies. I HATE buying a set that costs a fortune when I want only one stamp.
They did that towards the end of 2012 and I loved it-got the tree from the Christmas Lodge set and a couple of stamps from Perfectly Penned. Really wish they would do it more often or just offer more single stamps. But I suppose they make more money selling sets than singles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

My biggest issue with many of the stamp sets is that there will be one or two "new" images mixed with several "recycled" images - images that are the same (or similar enough to say so) as previously-released images. I don't want or need multiple flowers or birds or flourishes that are the same - each set should be completely new and unique.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #62  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Can I respectfully suggest to all who have posted here that you write to Stampin Up!? I agree with many of your suggestions, but unless we tell SU! this is what we are looking for/want, how do they know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #63  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would like to see them offer free templates for each stampset so those that converted to the new cases had an easy way of creating the inserts. A blank insert would not do because it is hard to find the images of older stamp sets.

By the way, if anyone has a word document for the half mount cases, I would love to use it! I have a good one for Word for the full cases that allows me to insert the text on the top and side and I can add pictures if I can find them on the web. I would love to be able to do the same with the half mount cases. I have pdf, but I can't insert anything...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #64  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

More masculine, teen and nature stamp sets. Heavy white cs would be nice. The framelits are too expensive for me. I want SU to go back to their older style of stamps. I didn't care for anything in the recent catalogs (except for cs/inks).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

I have been asking for a heavier weight base card stock for over five years!! Come on!!! I have to buy it elsewhere. Oh and more ribbon selections and bring back the 12x12 cardstock!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
More stamps with open images for coloring.
At SU! Leadership in Jan, they announced our own alcohol based markers ($11.95 for the set of 3 light, medium,dark of one color) and they specifically said that we'll see more open line art to color in the new catalog with the release of the markers!!! Yay! I'm with you, I love to color! I like Copics (I have a few) but, as a full-time SU! Demo now, I try to go SUO and of course I'm thrilled that they'll be half price of what Copics run. Also thrilled, obviously that they'll be a match to all of our stuff - years ago I spent tons of time trying to figure out Copic matches to SU! - now I don't have to!

Regarding heavier white and vanilla, I was SURE that the Blendabilities being released would mean we would carry a heavier card stock. However, we were told (again at SU! Leadership) that SU! had tested out many different cardstocks and that the Blendabilities blended best on our regular Whisper White and Very Vanilla. So...I'm not expecting heavier weight but certainly would be thrilled if it shows up in the catalog when I get it on April 28th!

Finally, shipping! As a demo, obviously, I pay it all the time so I'm pretty used to it. However, when I shop other places online (it never bothers me with DS companies I guess), I always spend the minimum amount to get free shipping. I actually spend more because of this! I offer, maybe 4 times per year, free shipping to my SU! customers because I know how much I typically hate to pay for shipping. It comes out of my pocket of course, but I'm happy to offer it because free shipping a time or two is at least something.

Personally, it doesn't bother me about SU! style. I can totally do that with many stamp companies, so I don't think it's a bad thing as much as it is an identity.

There's some really great suggestions here. I hope you do take the time to get them to SU! Sorry for the longest post ever. You may have already heard some of the info but I just wanted to answer to help out if I could.

Can't wait to see the new catalog!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mof118View Post
I SO agree about the cling mount stamps- I still have trouble with them no matter what I do. And leaving off the sticker labels defeats the whole purpose, as I see it! would really like to see an improvement here.
Agree, agree, agree! I got a reflections (I think that was the brand) banner set at Michael's for about $4.50. There were about 6-7 rubber stamps in this set and they stick to clear blocks so well. Of course, the image is part of the stamp. This was a really inexpensive set and great quality. Why is it so hard for SU to fix this problem?

I didn't have a 40% off coupon with me and still bought it because I thought it would be gone when I got back to the store. What a deal and really high quality.

SU also needs MORE masculine images!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 03-30-2014 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
Can I respectfully suggest to all who have posted here that you write to Stampin Up!? I agree with many of your suggestions, but unless we tell SU! this is what we are looking for/want, how do they know?
I've written them a couple of times about the lack of individual markers and suggested either selling the tips as someone mentioned above, or selling "empty" markers that customers could buy and fill with reinkers. I've never received any sort of response to date, but I do think more feedback would help with this and other issues mentioned here!

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #69  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Agree, agree, agree! I got a reflections (I think that was the brand) banner set at Michael's for about $4.50. There were about 6-7 rubber stamps in this set and they stick to clear blocks so well. Of course, the image is part of the stamp. This was a really inexpensive set and great quality. Why is it so hard for SU to fix this problem?

I didn't have a 40% off coupon with me and still bought it because I thought it would be gone when I got back to the store. What a deal and really high quality.

SU also needs MORE masculine images!
I think you mean Recollections brand. That's Michaels brand of stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #70  

I have to agree with Allee's (Lynn). I'd love to see more artistry in the designs rather than elementary designs they are presenting now. What happened to the artists who did "Wolf" and others that created really great art images to work with. Also they need more masculine and eliminate the sets. I hate buying a set when I want one or two stamps out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #71  

Anemone, I have written no less than 5 times to them. Here is what happened depending on the circumstance. First off, they lost my letter for 6 months and then I get a phone call and apology, no longer remembering what I wrote about. Secondly, if they send a defective product, which I have received I was admonished that I deal with the seller. Seriously? If I buy a lousy washer at Sears do I complain to a clerk. And third, if you DO write, you will get their generic canned letter how they will consider it. Never do you receive a personal reply. So SU is not my company of choice. I don't mean to bash them as I like some of their products. But they had zero personal service.

Recently I bought I Penny Black stamp that gave me issues. Penny Black suggested inks, asked for scans of images and did everything in their power to get the image to work. Guess what- it DID!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
When I was a demo, I would get an online survey once or twice a year. I completed the multiple choice questions, plus added "essays" with ore detail. I also sent a couple of emails, with no response.

I consistently requested more masculine sets, more teen sets, more patriotic sets, heavier white/vanilla. I know many other people ask for the same thing. I love many of their stamps, so I still order from them. I also love the card stock and most of the accessories. But I feel like they are a trend-follower, not a trend setter.

It is great that the framelits came out...and now the alcohol markers...but again, they are FOLLOWING. They are very slow to respond to customer (and even demo requests)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlyceceView Post
When I was a demo, I would get an online survey once or twice a year. I completed the multiple choice questions, plus added "essays" with ore detail. I also sent a couple of emails, with no response.

I consistently requested more masculine sets, more teen sets, more patriotic sets, heavier white/vanilla. I know many other people ask for the same thing. I love many of their stamps, so I still order from them. I also love the card stock and most of the accessories. But I feel like they are a trend-follower, not a trend setter.

It is great that the framelits came out...and now the alcohol markers...but again, they are FOLLOWING. They are very slow to respond to customer (and even demo requests)
A huge part of this is the way the company is set up. You just cannot be "on trend" when your catalogs are done a year ahead of time. Look at the photopolymer sets released monthly - they've been much more on trend because of the monthly releases. (Ikat!!!) I also think things like the Blendabilities have been in the works for years! I'm not disagreeing with you certainly, just saying that I understand why it is the way it is and why we'll never be as on trend as companies with monthly releases like PTI or SSS. I definitely think making sure your demo knows what you want is very helpful. We have a product sandbox to put suggestions just like these in and communicate more regularly with the home office to allay concerns and relay messages from customers.

Lots of good ideas here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
Secondly, if they send a defective product, which I have received I was admonished that I deal with the seller. Seriously? If I buy a lousy washer at Sears do I complain to a clerk.
It is much simpler for me to just tell my demo and let her deal with SU. I had a stamp that had an extra bit of rubber that was showing up when I stamped. Called my demo and they sent a whole new set directly to me. I've never had any trouble having damaged items or missing items replaced and with one simple call or email to my demo.
I also had a time where I'd placed an online order and forgot an item. I called to ask to have it added onto my order and she said they'd have to send it separately but wouldn't charge me shipping! Since it was going to my DD anyway, they shipped it directly to her, and to cap it all off, since I'd been a long time loyal customer, they didn't even charge me for the item!!!! All that was on an error I had made myself.

As far as wish lists: I have enough trouble whittling down my lists of "must have" items already, but I wouldn't mind seeing more single stamps, some stencils, and less expensive dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want the old-style stamp pads back -- I loath the foam pads that dry up within 6 months!

I agree with the posters asking for fewer cartoons and more line art; 10 years ago the variety of styles offered was much broader than it is now. I find myself pulling out old sets much more frequently than the newer sets.

More teen and pre-teen options would be nice. So would more sets to match the newer dies and punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristyk71View Post
I want the old-style stamp pads back -- I loath the foam pads that dry up within 6 months!

I agree with the posters asking for fewer cartoons and more line art; 10 years ago the variety of styles offered was much broader than it is now. I find myself pulling out old sets much more frequently than the newer sets.

More teen and pre-teen options would be nice. So would more sets to match the newer dies and punches.
I like the coverage I get with the new ink, but yes...they do dry up faster. I thought it was just me
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #77  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlyceceView Post
I like the coverage I get with the new ink, but yes...they do dry up faster. I thought it was just me
It seems to be a trade-off. the new ink pads don't hold as much ink, and give great coverage. Except that coverage uses up ink faster. Net result, having to re-ink more often.

I do like not having to use 1/2 a bottle of refill each time my ink pad needs a boost!

But oh I love having those nice solid stamps show up solid!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #78  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

I enjoyed the textured cardstock, SU previously offered. I wish they would offer it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default what would you like to see SU do

From what I can see there are many SU demos who post here.Why cant they bring this post to the attention of Stampin Up Head office. Surely they would like to know what their customers want, and seeing that this is probably the biggest forum anywhere for stampers, it would seem to me they should take note of what they are missing by not paying attention.
Reply With Quote Likes