Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered some stamps from Art Impressions...they are offering free shipping through Friday. I'll be waiting for SU SAB to order some more stamps and ribbon and some Marina Mist paper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

oh! dear!
This past year I have spent $$$'s on Copic pens & paper, Whipper Snapper stamps, retired SU! stamps, ink pads & re-inkers & SU! ribbon, too!

It should be very easy for me to spend alot less if I buckle down & do the work that I bought all "this stuff" for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie30View Post
I'm overly stocked up like everyone else. I'll probably continue to indulge in new embossing folders and new Unity stamps. I put the Sew Easy and PTI dies on my Christmas list but didn't get them so I'll probably order those soon too.
I really need to find a new scrapbook album that I really like and purchase lots of refills for that. I used Creative Memories for a while but would prefer to have page protectors that I slide pages into from the top. I like ones that allow the pages to lay flat and next to each other at the seam. Any suggestions?
Have you checked the Pioneer albums with the library spine? These are my absolute favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I keep telling myself I will not buy anything- like everyone else, I have punches I haven't used since I bought them, enough DP to last several lifetimes,and I could probably produce a card a day for the next ten years without ever duplicating a stamp! However.... I keep seeing embossing folders I can't do without, and those Nestabilities get me every time too! And you know what the weirdest thing is? I have just ordered a set of the Heirloom Ornaments, having seen so many people use them, (at the moment, that is my plan for Next Christmas)-in the UK, the cheapest I can find them, with postage is �20, (around $30). By buying them from a USA seller on e-bay, I can get them for �12.50, or $19! and that includes shipping! How crazy is that?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Red face

While analyzing my previous purchases I forgot to include the cost of gas, the exchange on the dollar and parcel handling fees at my post box.

So I may have thought I was getting a great deal and most times it did cost me less than buying new, there were other costs to be considered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 07:48 AM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

I'm going to be working through grad school this year and need to save $$$. The plan is the purchase only the essentials with a few minimal indiscretions here and there.

White, ivory and kraft cardstock
My Unity Kit of the Month

I have TONS of stuff to use, so I should be able to keep myself busy catching up on what I haven't used.

Last edited by stampinsweeney; 12-31-2010 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeneyView Post
I'm going to be working through grad school this year and need to save $$$. The plan is the purchase only the essentials with a few minimal indiscretions here and there.

White, ivory and kraft cardstock
My Unity Kit of the Month

I have TONS of stuff to you, so I should be able to keep myself busy catching up on what I haven't used.
Lol at the 'minimal indiscretions',- I shall be remembering that one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great thread and interesting reading!

I just recently purchased another chrome rack and Sterilite containers for my craft supplies. I love that the containers are clear and I can stack them up on each other. I had outgrown the rack I had and it was becoming quite a mess. I am almost done reorganizing and my craft space looks so much better. Now to get the mojo flowing....

I do plan to buy some things from the new SU! mini, but I'm waiting for Sale-a-Bration to start. I am in a Secret Sister swap and we will be starting a new round soon, so I am content to shop for/spoil my little sis, instead of buying for myself.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I've read the "Pink ATG" threads with interest and might cave and buy one of these in the coming year.
While I "shouldn't" be enabling anyone to buy anything since I'm trying to not buy anything myself for a long time, I consider my two ATGs (one red first and then had to get a pink one) to be necessary!! I keep the red one in my craft room and the pink one in my craft tote. I believe the ATG is more eco-friendly refill-wise because you aren't throwing away a big plastic piece like you do with Glider, Mono, Dot, etc. plus refills are cheaper when you buy in bulk online. I thought it would be too bulky but I LOVE my ATGs!!! They are fantastic when putting those card layers together! I even use mine on tiny pieces, too. Sooo...use your Michael's 40% or 50% coupon and get the pink ATG!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! I am glad to see I am not the only one who is going to cut back on my spending this year- now I don't feel so alone. I started a new job in July and have not stamped much since. Plus I have recently moved and realized that when I was packing and unpacking that I have TONS of stamps that have not even seen ink yet (well not tons...but they were REALLY heavy when I was carrying them up the steps in boxes...). Also, it will be awhile before I recover from the expense of moving.

My plan is to give my neglected stamps some love, use up some of my designer paper stash and only buy the bare necessities like adhesive for at least a few months. Hopefully I will recover and be able to splurge a little bit soon.

Good luck, everyone and have a Happy, Thrifty New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

I am going to try to switch the guest room and my stamp/craft room around (It makes sense, I'll have more room and the guest room will be right next to the bathroom) so I will need to be spending money on paint, flooring, and building a new crafting table this spring. I had planning on cutting back on my spending anyway. I have tons of virgin stamps and cardstock. About all I'll need will be ATG tape and some base cardstock. I have some gift certificates so will use those. So while it's so blasted cold out and nasty I'll stamp and enjoy my small area and figure out what I want to do as far as colors and flooring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #52  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

For 2011, I have spent my money on Recollections. Micheals is having a 50% off sale on that brand of embellishments this week and with the new stuff just coming out I could not pass it up. I bought glitter flourishes that I have already used (went to M's yesterday) on a card for the TLC challenge today. Florals, big florals, big big florals that I have putting together for my scrap pages. I have chipboard tags with designs on them, and in their $1 bin I found some cute grommet tags and I even bought a couple of pearl and lace embellishments.

I know I fell off the diet wagon but I did not buy any paper, ribbon, or ink or any kind!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I know I fell off the diet wagon but I did not buy any paper, ribbon, or ink or any kind!!
Not everyone is on a diet. Bon Apetite! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am definitely going on a stamping "diet". I have so much stuff, and I am anxious to rediscover some "treasures" while re-organizing my craft room tomorrow. I have pledged not to buy any stamps for at least 3 months. I should also do this for paper, but I must take tiny, baby steps! ;)

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Have you checked the Pioneer albums with the library spine? These are my absolute favorites.
Thanks! I will look for these. Were are they sold?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I will be shopping the new SU mini and getting some fun stamps, embossing folders, and paper.

And I really really really really really want the Beaded Circles from Spellbinders. Saw a few cards with them layered and I love that look.

And I am sure that there will be some other goodies that I will just have to own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a weakness for designed paper, they are so easy to use to polish up a card, buttons and ribbons too, you can never have too much of those!
Card for a Cause / RMH Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

My paper stash (DSP & c/s) is probably enough to last me, my kids, and my BFF's the rst of our lifetime.. so I am trying not to buy much of non SU brands of that.

However, I just got a Big Shot Pro for Christmas so I am going to get the rest of the Grand Nesties to use in it (once I figure out a sandwich), and likely some Pro dies like scallop circle & scallop square that cut it out of the 12x12 sheet. I will buy the new Cricut carts that come out, but I am going to wait until the end of 2011 to buy them cuz of all the great online sales (except for a few I am sure I will HAVE to have!). I can't wait to see if Nesties has more Grand dies released at CHA in Jan!

I will be stocking up on the new SU paper colors & maybe new craft ink colors also during SAB... and whatever out of the mini.

Ready for Spring!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

I am trying to lay off buying stamps, but I will probably spend some money on PTI stamps and buy any new color collections they come out with. But, mostly, I will just try to stick to buying adhesive (hubby got me an ATG gun for Christmas!). I will probably buy embossing folders as well, they are sort of a cheap thrill for me!

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Ive been spending alot of money on dies lately
Reply With Quote Likes