Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #281  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has had them in the past. I'd e-mail him and ask if he plans to offer them again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2016, 04:30 AM   #282  
Die Cut Diva

me, too. And I also wanted By the Tide... I wonder if he will bring any of those back or just moving on. ??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #283  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He usually makes them available again. I can't think of one that had only a single run -- maybe something from a mini catalog? Even some of last year's holiday mini dies were released multiple times, though.

I got in and out quickly last night and was able to get what I (originally! haha) wanted. Then I read (on another board) that there were new offerings posted after the first wave! I wish I had hung around for Organic Border and Stems of Leaves. They'll go on my next order for sure!
-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #284  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
I was disappointed to find he still does not have Lovely As a Tree.

It took me three tries to get the tree dies! But I finally got them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #285  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Regarding out of stock dies, per Dave's email

If the items you are interested in are not available forpurchase on the website, chances are it will be available at a later date. Due to thevolume of emails and limited time, I can only reply to emails about outstandingorders. To work more efficiently, I need to streamlinethe process. Please understand I am doing my best to make die fanaticshappy, while trying to maintain a healthy balance for myself and family. Due tothe volume of requests, I am unable to keep a wait list or send Paypalinvoices.

Please take note of the Terms & Conditions Page. You will not be allowed to proceed to checkout without agreeing to the Terms & Conditions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #286  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
Here's the list I have at this point. If I have mistakes (or for the empty places) please say so. It's a quickly collected list.

Sea Things...
Whimsy Tree�Nuts About You
Old Bones�No Bones About It
Artistic Dragonfly�Awesomely Artistic
Blossom�Blended Bloom
Pine�Ornamental Pine
Zoo�Zoo Babies
Cowboy Up�Yeehaw
Critters...
Rose Plate�like in one of the Artisan kits, a full card front of roses.
Leaf�Kinda Eclectic
Guy Stuff�Guy Greetings
Coffee Love�Perfect Blend
Mini Coffee Wrap�covers mini coffee cups
Sea Time�Sea Street
Peony�You�ve Got This
Boots�Bootiful Occasions
Beach�By The Seashore
Ruff�Hot Diggity Dog
Ladies�In This Together
Meow�You Little Furball
Tide�By The Tide
Wreath and Sprig�Your Perfect Day
Trees�Lovely As A Tree
Dahlia�Regarding Dahlias
Octopus�Sea Street
Is it possible for this to be posted on the first page of the thread as a sticky that can be updated as new ones become available ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #287  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

By chance did anyone get an order in for Duck, Duck Goose before it went out of stock? It was the die that looked like it went with the SU Wetlands goose.

If anyone did, would you please report back here with a review after you receive it and have a chance to use it?

Thanks muchly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #288  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
By chance did anyone get an order in for Duck, Duck Goose before it went out of stock? It was the die that looked like it went with the SU Wetlands goose.

If anyone did, would you please report back here with a review after you receive it and have a chance to use it?

Thanks muchly!
Answering my own question...how lame is that?! :rolleyes:
I just found a stamped image inside the Daves Die cut for the Wetland goose and it takes my breath away. I can't figure out how post the screen shot I saved, dang it!
I will be stalking his website to find out when he lists it for sale the next time maybe then I'll get lucky! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #289  
Glitter Guru

After saying Dave doesn't appear to ever retire dies, I received a mass email from him saying he needs to start retiring dies to make room for new ones. He hasn't decided which ones are retiring yet.

So, if you're ever in his store and see something you want (and it's available), you'd better grab it!

I don't know how to buy dies that are currently unlisted or showing as out of stock, though. I guess just keep checking and hope they show up.

FYI, the last day to order for the holidays and not incur a mandatory $30 rush fee is 11 November. The store will be closed September 12-27 and October 1-11 due to work travel.

Keep tabs on his Pinterest page to see what's coming up at https://www.pinterest.com/daveg0559/craft-stuff/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 05:49 AM   #290  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
After saying Dave doesn't appear to ever retire dies, I received a mass email from him saying he needs to start retiring dies to make room for new ones. He hasn't decided which ones are retiring yet.

So, if you're ever in his store and see something you want (and it's available), you'd better grab it!

I don't know how to buy dies that are currently unlisted or showing as out of stock, though. I guess just keep checking and hope they show up.

FYI, the last day to order for the holidays and not incur a mandatory $30 rush fee is 11 November. The store will be closed September 12-27 and October 1-11 due to work travel.

Keep tabs on his Pinterest page to see what's coming up at https://www.pinterest.com/daveg0559/craft-stuff/
Thanks for the info! The link to his Pinterest page is really helpful to me because I've been having a bugger of a time figuring out what stamp sets some of his dies go with.
I was horrified to see that he had a $25 expedited shipping option, and now I read that if you order after Nov 11 you'll be hit with a MANDATORY $30 fee!!!!
His dies are high priced To start with, and sucking up $7 shipping for a single die has made me gulp. No way would I willingly pay $30 for shipping on something that can be mailed for under $2.
Meanwhile, I wait for my Rosemount die to be shipped and am haunting the site to see if the Duck, duck goose gets relisted so I can snap it up....yes, still buy even though I know they are over priced. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 AM   #291  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the info! The link to his Pinterest page is really helpful to me because I've been having a bugger of a time figuring out what stamp sets some of his dies go with.
I was horrified to see that he had a $25 expedited shipping option, and now I read that if you order after Nov 11 you'll be hit with a MANDATORY $30 fee!!!!
His dies are high priced To start with, and sucking up $7 shipping for a single die has made me gulp. No way would I willingly pay $30 for shipping on something that can be mailed for under $2.
Meanwhile, I wait for my Rosemount die to be shipped and am haunting the site to see if the Duck, duck goose gets relisted so I can snap it up....yes, still buy even though I know they are over priced. :oops:
I said the same thing about shipping on a single die set. He refunded $3. from the shipping. I too had trouble figuring out which dies went with which set. It was evil of the *othermeg* to link to the pinterest page. I had to click on it and now I see they have dies for the retro marquis set. I haven't bought that set yet but now I really want to!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #292  
Glitter Guru

I recently bought six sets of dies for stamp sets I haven't even bought yet.

There are two more stamp sets I'd buy if Dave made dies for them; Tuscan Vineyard and Vertical Greetings.

I have a SnC, but I just cane seem to give up dies. And when Dave makes them to coordinate with great stamps, they're even harder to pass up! (So happy to see more of his original designs, too.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #293  
Watercolor Wizard

SnC?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #294  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
SnC?
Scan n Cut - electronic die cut machine. More exotic, does more than Silhouette Cameo, also very pricy...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #295  
Watercolor Wizard

Got it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #296  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

November 11th will be the last day to order with normal processing time. All orders placed after November 11th will incur a mandatory RUSH/EXPEDITE fee of $30.
It looks like IF you order after Nov 11th, the EXPEDITE fee is so you would receive your order before Christmas. He does all his shipping by himself, through USPS. All I know is If I wanted to send a letter,card, or payment to a company and pulled one of those overnight or 48- hour delivery envelopes off the shelf at the post office, the fee for that envelope is $20 and above for this kind of shipping.

Give the poor guy a break, he is a one man operation that does not have a shipping contract with any shipper.

And yes, I have ordered from him 3 times. One die at a time 3 different times and my shipping for 2 dies was $5 each and the big butterfly shipping was $7.

I feel, "IF" I really want a product I weight the price I want to pay, If I want to spend money on the shipping and if I can buy a comparable item elsewhere at a lower price.And if you really want to complain about high die prices, SU is the first place that comes to my mind.

Just my 2 cents of a rant.

Every independent business starts out slow and with problems especially when it is run buy one person. I know 2 other companies talked about lots on SCS that started out very small and grew, but still have major customer service problems or shipping problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #297  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
November 11th will be the last day to order with normal processing time. All orders placed after November 11th will incur a mandatory RUSH/EXPEDITE fee of $30.
It looks like IF you order after Nov 11th, the EXPEDITE fee is so you would receive your order before Christmas. He does all his shipping by himself, through USPS. All I know is If I wanted to send a letter,card, or payment to a company and pulled one of those overnight or 48- hour delivery envelopes off the shelf at the post office, the fee for that envelope is $20 and above for this kind of shipping.

Give the poor guy a break, he is a one man operation that does not have a shipping contract with any shipper.

And yes, I have ordered from him 3 times. One die at a time 3 different times and my shipping for 2 dies was $5 each and the big butterfly shipping was $7.

I feel, "IF" I really want a product I weight the price I want to pay, If I want to spend money on the shipping and if I can buy a comparable item elsewhere at a lower price.And if you really want to complain about high die prices, SU is the first place that comes to my mind.

Just my 2 cents of a rant.

Every independent business starts out slow and with problems especially when it is run buy one person. I know 2 other companies talked about lots on SCS that started out very small and grew, but still have major customer service problems or shipping problems.
You totally misunderstood my complaint/observation. I thought it was unusually harsh to make it mandatory for someone to pay a $35 shipping charge, just because they ordered it in early November. Not everyone needs to have their product right away, in fact that is one of the things that Dave warns the customer about. It is unusual that the customer is not given an option for a cheaper shipping charge. That was my point, and I must not have articulated it well. Excuse me for my lack of clarity on this issue.

As for him being a one man operation, that is his choice. He must have weighed the many cost associated with hiring someone to help during busy times, and decided it was better to just charge the top price for postage, and see who will be willing to pay it. Just my observations on the situation.

My intent was not to rile anyone here on SCS. Obviously we live in a world where even the mildest comments can be blown out of proportion. My apologies to anyone who was upset at what I said. Sigh....slinking out of here to lick my wounds....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #298  
Polyshrink Goddess

Does he make the dies himself? I wonder why it takes so long to restock sold out dies. If you don't snag what you want it's months before it becomes available again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #299  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

All I can say is I'd rather wait for a die than not have the option of getting it at all. Even if I end up not being able to get all the dies I want (because they sell out/don't get restocked) at least I'll be able to get some. All of us have different standards or expectations regarding what company or person we will buy from. None of them are right or wrong. We can spend our money where we choose. For example, Dave is an exception for me. I normally will rarely buy stamping stuff if it's not on sale for 30% or more off. I HATE to pay more than minimal shipping, and will avoid it whenever possible. I've missed out on some adorable stamp sets, just because I couldn't bring myself to pay full retail or even 10% discounted. (Some I might have bought if I saw them for 20% off, because they were just that cute.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 06:50 AM   #300  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

You totally misunderstood my complaint/observation. I thought it was unusually harsh to make it mandatory for someone to pay a $35 shipping charge, just because they ordered it in early November. Not everyone needs to have their product right away, in fact that is one of the things that Dave warns the customer about. It is unusual that the customer is not given an option for a cheaper shipping charge. That was my point, and I must not have articulated it well. Excuse me for my lack of clarity on this issue.

As for him being a one man operation, that is his choice. He must have weighed the many cost associated with hiring someone to help during busy times, and decided it was better to just charge the top price for postage, and see who will be willing to pay it. Just my observations on the situation.

My intent was not to rile anyone here on SCS. Obviously we live in a world where even the mildest comments can be blown out of proportion. My apologies to anyone who was upset at what I said. Sigh....slinking out of here to lick my wounds....
Just an FYI: he has, in fact, hired a helper. I just think that his business is growing so fast, even the two of them can't keep up.
What a brilliant idea he had! Little did he know about crazy stamping ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 06:51 AM   #301  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
Does he make the dies himself? I wonder why it takes so long to restock sold out dies. If you don't snag what you want it's months before it becomes available again.
Yes, he makes them himself. He was a one man operation, although he has recently hired a helper. I'm guessing he still makes them all himself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #302  
Glitter Guru

I was just in the store and saw these dies left:

Artistic Dragonfly — $ 5

Artistic Elements — $ 21

Blush Blossom — $ 23

Coffee Love — $ 15

Cowboy Up — $ 25

Cupcake Birthday — $ 22

Dave's Sled — $ 24

Dripping Cake — $ 22

Get Well — $ 15

Haunting Friends — $ 25

Lumbajack Love — $ 27

Mini Coffee Wrap — $ 24

Moroccan Lamps — $ 13

Old Bones — $ 28

Organic Border — $ 13

Paradise Pop — $ 25

Rose Plate — $ 22

Rosemount — $ 25
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #303  
Die Cut Diva

I just stumbled upon this! How amazing! Does anyone know where he's from?
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #304  
Die Cut Diva

Read the last few pages of this thread. You will see some useful info you might want to know. You will see he's from Houston. does dies part time

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #305  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you... I actually read the first couple pages.. but they were from over a year ago.. I remember seeing he was from Texas now that you said that. Eesh... sorry. Migraine today has made my brain mushy. :/
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #306  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
Thank you... I actually read the first couple pages.. but they were from over a year ago.. I remember seeing he was from Texas now that you said that. Eesh... sorry. Migraine today has made my brain mushy. :/
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be nasty. It's just that there seems to have been a lot of repeat questions in this thread. I may have contributed some myself. Lol Read the most recent posts and it might help.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #307  
Die Cut Diva

Oh no, I know you weren't!! I felt bad asking questions that had already been asked. No worries!!!
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 AM   #308  
Cardstock Collector

I saw on facebook the dies that went with Seaside Shore but I thought I got on right away this month and did not see them. I am hoping he will produce those again. On a bright note I snagged Paradise Pop! I hate fussy cutting! And I was happy to pay the shipping. I am trying to be patient, I ordered 16 days ago and not shipped yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #309  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by avogel1255View Post
I saw on facebook the dies that went with Seaside Shore but I thought I got on right away this month and did not see them. I am hoping he will produce those again. On a bright note I snagged Paradise Pop! I hate fussy cutting! And I was happy to pay the shipping. I am trying to be patient, I ordered 16 days ago and not shipped yet.
His site is closed right now and he has notice posted that he closed so he could get stuff shipped out. :cool: I am anxiously checking my mail now, knowing it will probably be 10 days before my order arrives, but checking anyway because I am ever hopeful! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2016, 02:44 AM   #310  
Cardstock Collector

Default New to these dies made by Dave

Was reading the posts and wanted to say thank you! Never came across his shop before but had to find him. Now he's bookmarked next to SCS. Didn't know anyone did dies outside of the big retail companies. Love his products !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 AM   #311  
Cardstock Collector

Emailed him yesterday because it had been 24 days since I ordered (his site says 18-21) and he was so nice and shipped them right out. Not sure if my order was "lost" or down the bottom but I got very nice emails from him. Now if he will only get the Seaside Shore back on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2016, 04:59 AM   #312  
Glitter Queen

Default Waiting...

LOL I love Dave's dies. I check his website 2X a day to make sure I don't miss anything. I am waiting for a number of items to be available. I buy from him then figure out what I want to order from SU now. Crazy right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2016, 06:44 AM   #313  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamilynView Post
LOL I love Dave's dies. I check his website 2X a day to make sure I don't miss anything. I am waiting for a number of items to be available. I buy from him then figure out what I want to order from SU now. Crazy right?
Well if that's crazy then I am too... even when there's nothing specific I'm looking for, I check his site often just to make sure there's nothing new that I might need. Or that I might need to order the stamp set in order to use the dies. ;) Sometimes I can resist a stamp set but then will cave in and love it when I know there are dies... ok yep, crazy!

I ordered the moroccan lamp dies on the 25th, still waiting for those. I guess I got my order in right before the long ship time thing. Not a problem to wait, though, since I'm waiting till Oct for my next SU order and that's when I will order the stamp set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #314  
Glitter Queen

Dave's Dies are out today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #315  
Glitter Queen

Seaside shore is there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 08:03 PM   #316  
Glitter Guru

Link to Dies By Dave.

LOTS his SU-compatible dies are back in stock. I didn't see anything that wasn't there a few weeks ago, but some of the sets that people were really bummed about missing are back in stock.

ETA There are some sets that weren't there last time, but they're some of his older offerings: Snapshot (the camera), Barnyard Friends, and some other "oldies." Great news for those who are late to all that is Dies by Dave!

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 10-10-2016 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #317  
Kookie Creator

Does anyone know if 'Garden Butterfly' coordinates with SU's 'Swallowtail."

(Hi Renee!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #318  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamilynView Post
Dave's Dies are out today!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us know!

I was able to get on and he had a die I have been lusting after, the goose die that goes with Wetlands. I am thrilled!!!!

You are the best for sharing this notice of new dies available. Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #319  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreadbearView Post
Does anyone know if 'Garden Butterfly' coordinates with SU's 'Swallowtail."

(Hi Renee!)
yes, it does.

And i think he's closed again. I'm getting the password page now, not the login page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #320  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Heavens closed so fast!
Reply With Quote Likes