Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2016, 05:46 AM   #361  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynmicsmomView Post
any body know how much the teddy bear, goose and the trees that match lovely as the tree are?
I don't know the price for the teddy bear. The price for the goose is $10, and I believe that the trees set of dies is $24.

Dave's web store is shut down right now, that's why you can't find an easy way in. When he has more dies for sale, you will be able to get in to see stuff without any tricky passwords. I believe he mentioned a month or so ago that he would not be opening up the site after the product release in late Oct so he could process orders before the holidays and have time with his family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #362  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=tynmicsmom;21353435]any body know how much the teddy bear, goose and the trees that match lovely as the tree are?[/QUOTE

Bears & Bows $17 and Trees $27
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #363  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for posting this information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #364  
Cardstock Collector

Default Dies by Dave

I can not find his site, all I find say "under construction." Would someone direct me to his site?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #365  
Glitter Queen

his site is just closed for now. Once he is back from his holidays, he will reopen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #366  
Cardstock Collector

Dave's site is up, but he is selling out really fast. I was unable to get what I wanted once again. I didn't receive an email notification that he was up either. Was anyone here able to get the trees, sleds, or poinsettias?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #367  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I thought he wasn't going to work during the holidays, or else you pay a ridiculous shipping price. Did I dream that?
My cc just got charged for an order I placed last time he was open. Hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #368  
Cardstock Collector

The shipping price was $7-$9. I didn't even see the option for rushed shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #369  
Cardstock Collector

Like many, I am just discovering Dies by Dave---oh my! I can wait until after the holidays (Dear Santa, I will be good til then), but how do I find out when the dies are available again? Just received a card made with Stampin Up and his dies. Goodness it is beautiful.
How can I get on "the list" to purchase? Thanks all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #370  
Compulsive Stamper

Default He also

he also made the goose from the Wetlands set, the double pedal bike and I think a few
more, I just can't think of them right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #371  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Yes, they knew

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Supposedly, SU did look into it do that's why he no longer uses their images/names in his product descriptions. It's a certainty that SU knows about Dave by now and he's still making the dies, so I do believe they've reached an agreement.

SU would be short-sighted if they shut him down. There have been many, many, MANY posts here and on other boards from SU customers who say they only bought this or that stamp set because they could get coordinating dies from Dave. Coming to an agreement regarding the images used to advertise/describe the dies (if that did, indeed, happen) was the best solution for everyone.

I'm firmly in the "Dave is a brilliant entrepreneur" camp.
I talked to an SU rep while I was at convention last year. Yes,they are aware of him. They also know that he is having difficulty in meeting the high demands. He hasn't been open for weeks, a clear sign of him struggling with the growing clients he his getting. SU contract with Sizzix for their dies, it is also because of Dave that you are seeing more dies with their stamp sets. After all, it is lost revenue for them. They have also looked into a suit against him, but I don't think it went anywhere. Hence his changes to names instead of images for his dies.

Last edited by stampingyrl; 01-05-2017 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #372  
Watercolor Wizard

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #373  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingyrlView Post
I talked to an SU rep while I was at convention last year. Yes,they are aware of him. They also know that he is having difficulty in meeting the high demands. He hasn't been open for weeks, a clear sign of him struggling with the growing clients he his getting. SU contract with Sizzix for their dies, it is also because of Dave that you are seeing more dies with their stamp sets. After all, it is lost revenue for them. They have also looked into a suit against him, but I don't think it went anywhere. Hence his changes to names instead of images for his dies.
I can't speak to all of the issues you related about SU and Dave, however, Dave told customer's About being closed until after the holidays. He stated quite clearly on his site that it would take x-amount of weeks before customer would get their order. If that wasn't ok, he instructed not to place the order. He also said that he would be closed until after the holidays so he could enjoy that time with his family.

He seems to have a pretty good system going for a one man operation. He opens the site, product sells within hours or days and then he shuts down and sends orders out during the next month. He doesn't do backorders, so that cuts down on the headaches for him, though it gives us customer's fits!!! ;-)

Dave seems to do dies for sets that SU didn't want to bother with. I wanted a sled die from the Winter Wishes set, and a goose for the Wetlands set. Who bothered to make the die? Dave! SU wasn't interested because they didn't think to do it when the set was issued or the set was a seasonal set that would soon be retired. Either way, they had the opportunity to make the die and take the chance that it would sell well and they choose not to do so. That's fine. I'm just grateful that Dave stepped in and filled the need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #374  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I can't speak to all of the issues you related about SU and Dave, however, Dave told customer's About being closed until after the holidays. He stated quite clearly on his site that it would take x-amount of weeks before customer would get their order. If that wasn't ok, he instructed not to place the order. He also said that he would be closed until after the holidays so he could enjoy that time with his family.

He seems to have a pretty good system going for a one man operation. He opens the site, product sells within hours or days and then he shuts down and sends orders out during the next month. He doesn't do backorders, so that cuts down on the headaches for him, though it gives us customer's fits!!! ;-)

Dave seems to do dies for sets that SU didn't want to bother with. I wanted a sled die from the Winter Wishes set, and a goose for the Wetlands set. Who bothered to make the die? Dave! SU wasn't interested because they didn't think to do it when the set was issued or the set was a seasonal set that would soon be retired. Either way, they had the opportunity to make the die and take the chance that it would sell well and they choose not to do so. That's fine. I'm just grateful that Dave stepped in and filled the need.

Exactly!!

Dave is making these dies as a side job. I am sure he did not anticipate us crafters going nuts over his dies. I have seen some rude comments on this and the other thread about his die business practice.

This man is making these dies out of the kindness of his heart. and the poor man gets heat about his one man operation.

SU has not hired him, no one has hired him. I give Dave kudos for what he is doing and the time, effort, loss of family time and a full time job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2017, 05:10 AM   #375  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's great that he saw the niche in the market and started his business. However, I don't think he's doing this out of kindness. He's making money, probably lots of money or he wouldn't keep doing it. I'm sure it cuts into his family time but that's what happens when you start a business while being employed elsewhere.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #376  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
I think it's great that he saw the niche in the market and started his business. However, I don't think he's doing this out of kindness. He's making money, probably lots of money or he wouldn't keep doing it. I'm sure it cuts into his family time but that's what happens when you start a business while being employed elsewhere.

Yes I know working or starting a business takes away from family time. The point I was trying to make is he already has a full time job, and does die making as a side job. And yes of course he is making extra money, but it looks like with this break he is taking, the extra money does not matter at the moment.

Right now all we can do is speculate at what or why production is taking so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #377  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Got it now

Thanks for the info. I didn't know he had a full time job elsewhere. I thought the die biz was his ful time job. Consider me schooled.

SU will not hire him because of their contract with Sizzix and they told me when I asked them about him at convention, that he would not be able to meet demand if they did. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #378  
Cardstock Collector

Default How to buy Dies by Dave ?

I've read all the comments and wondering...Once his shop re-opens, how and where can one buy his products? Do people get notified somehow? Is he selling on shopify or elsewhere? I'm very new to all this and realize that many who post here are very knowledgeable. I do appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #379  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by neddieView Post
I've read all the comments and wondering...Once his shop re-opens, how and where can one buy his products? Do people get notified somehow? Is he selling on shopify or elsewhere? I'm very new to all this and realize that many who post here are very knowledgeable. I do appreciate the help.
If you go to dies-by-Dave.myshopify.com
There will a place where you can submit your email to get notified when he reopens.
I've sent him an email this week to touch base with him, and honestly, I don't know that he's reading them. And if he is, then he's choosing not to respond. I've been told
He has a full time somewhere else and maybe between the holidays and that, he may have put the dies aside for the time being. Not really sure, that's just as guess as it's been what, going on a couple of months now since anyone's heard from
him. Again, a guess.

Last edited by stampingyrl; 01-07-2017 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2017, 02:54 AM   #380  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you. I did enter my email, but didn't get any notification. I also noticed new dies on the Pinterest page, so thought maybe there's an elite group that gets notification. I guess I'll have to wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #381  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by neddieView Post
Thank you. I did enter my email, but didn't get any notification. I also noticed new dies on the Pinterest page, so thought maybe there's an elite group that gets notification. I guess I'll have to wait.
There is no Elite group that I am aware of. I've gotten his notifications and so will you when he reopens. Until that time, it's radio silence I'm afraid. Have patience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #382  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm sorry to have seen this thread after the hoiidays when you might have wanted Dave's dies for Lovely as a Tree set, but I would be happy to loan it out for a couple of weeks at a time, if you're interested. Please PM me and I'll send it. I haven't used it myself, but have had it for months and don't want to sell it but would be happy to loan it.

Last edited by Bahb; 01-08-2017 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 05:45 AM   #383  
Compulsive Stamper

i cannot seem to find the website where Dave is selling Dies??It seems like quite a few of you have been able to purchase the die?
If anyone could tell me where to go??
thanks so much,
Cheryl
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #384  
Stazon Splitcoast

looks like he is still closed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #385  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Can anyone tell me which stamp set is for the Flowerbust dies that Dave sells?

Thank you,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #386  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just asking again about the flowerburst dies that Dave has and what stamp set it works with?

Thanks,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #387  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Daves website

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefeathers_58View Post
i cannot seem to find the website where Dave is selling Dies??It seems like quite a few of you have been able to purchase the die?
If anyone could tell me where to go??
thanks so much,
Cheryl
[email protected]
Dies-by-dave.myshopify.com
You can submit your email to be notified when he reopens. I've been checking the site every day for months and he's still
closed. Fyi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #388  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Just asking again about the flowerburst dies that Dave has and what stamp set it works with?

Thanks,
Shirl
Pretty sure that's one that is not designed to match an SU stamp set. He has a few others as well that don't match anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #389  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #390  
Polyshrink Goddess

Dies by Dave is open. I just placed an order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #391  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4ScrapsView Post

YAY! Thanks I just placed an order too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #392  
Watercolor Wizard

Hmmm. I've gotten an email in the past, but not this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #393  
Proud Fan Club Member

I did not get an email notification either. So, thanks for posting. I ordered the Flowerburst. I was disappointed though, to not see the twincycle nor the Magical Christmas.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 02:38 AM   #394  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Woot Woo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4ScrapsView Post
Thank you!!! The one day I don't check his site, and I've been checking every day for months, and he opens. At least I got an order in. Would have liked to see dies from current occasions/ sale-a-bration catalogs though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #395  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dies by Dave is open today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #396  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,317 Likes on 2,500 Posts

Darn--barnyard friends is already sold out!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #397  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Finally, after YEARS of trying, I got the trees!! Do the moroccan lamps dies match an SU! set?

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 07:09 AM   #398  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I think I just answered my own question. I'm guessing they go with Moroccan Nights.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #399  
Stazon Splitcoast

I placed an order this morning and decided this afternoon that I wanted another die set. Well, the site is closed already. So I guess you have to be pretty quick on the draw. Still, I'm happy that I was able to get what I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #400  
Watercolor Wizard

I wonder how many orders he got in under 24 hours.
Reply With Quote Likes