Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just so happy that everybody here in the house liked their new presents! It was a difficult year, and a bit skimpier than usual. But everybody is happy! :grin:

And I got Happy Camper, Accents and Elements, cutter tool keychain thingy, a scissor sharpener (which I used to sharpen my scissors before I cut my new stamp set this morning-love it!) and some new Vario adhesive tabs. I always stuff my stocking with those!

The best though is a set of shelves my hubby made to install above my stampin'/scrappin' table! Including a cool little thing made to hold my ribbon! :grin: The ribbon I plan to buy, of course. I wouldn't buy it until I had someplace better to put it.
Merry Christmas everybody!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

MyDH bought me the Crop-A-Dile which I didn't even ask for so I was kind of suprised. He also bought me some die cuts and embossing folders for my Cuttlebug (which I bought early as a Christmas present to me), some stickles, lots of the jeweled brads and a Giga square scallop punch. He did a great job! I also went yesterday to Michael's and bought my first Cuttlebug alphabet with Christmas money from my in-laws and the 50% off coupon - yippee! My DH is off all week so I should get a lot of me time in the office to play with my new goodies.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

My parents are so awsome! They got me the exact carl cutter I wanted! and a new embossing gun! And two chipboard stacks! Woo-hoo! One has 1400 letters! I'm so lucky to have such a great family....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Comgratualtions on your engagement. How exciting to get engaged on Christmas day.

Mary

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarie
I got an ENGAGEMENT ring for Christmas!! I am very happy, he did so good and he did it all by himself without me knowing!! His dad made me a huge shelf unit to put all my paper, stamps and supplies in. It is awesome!! Best christmas ever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

My husband spoils me every Christmas. I do the same for him too. This year for stamping tools he gave me a Crictut machine and a Cudlebug with lots of die cuts and embossing folders. Both of these gifts were a total surprise to me. I was shocked. Apparently he heard me talking about these items after I read about how all of you here on SCS liked them. He also bought me 2 stamps that I wanted called Dolly Mama's and some craft books. Lots more things but they are not stamp or craft related. I'm a very lucky woman.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #46  
Crimping Master

You are all so blessed this Christmas. Every year i ask for stamping money and I get everything but that. Can't complain thought. I got $250 gift card for clothes and a 20" flat screen TV.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=stamper4armyman]My DH got me a cricut!!!!!! HE DID GOOD!!!!

He also got me a gift certificate for a hair cut and style at my favorite place.

The biggest blessing was that he was here though!!!!!!!!!!!! I would take him over any gift any year.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarie
I got an ENGAGEMENT ring for Christmas!! I am very happy, he did so good and he did it all by himself without me knowing!! His dad made me a huge shelf unit to put all my paper, stamps and supplies in. It is awesome!! Best christmas ever!!!
Whoo hoo! congrats! and what a nice FIL to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #49  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampersim
I got my crop-a-dile :-) Yeah !!! I bought myself a Sizzix last month along with 8 dies.

DH and the kids also got me the Ipod Video I wanted and a new Lands End squall jacket since my old one was 2 sizes too big (lost a bunch of weight this year :-). Also got a bunch of DVDs, the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook, a giant umbrella, and some earrings.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have a fabulous day. Today I'm making a rib roast for us, then going to my brother's for dessert and to take more family gifts over.

simmy :-)
Way to go! Congrats to you too on needing smaller sizes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by imataloss
I got a BIG SHOT!!!!WOO HOO!! My DH ROCKS!! I think my sister got me stamping stuff as well as I know she shopped @ Archeivers for me. She too is a stamper so I'm sure my stuff from her will be awesome...too bad I have to wait till AFTER dinner tonight to open it
What is a big shot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Loved reading everyone's responses- aren't we all so very lucky to have some great DH or families? My own DH won't buy me stampin or scrappin stuff since "i'm obsessed enough w/out him enabling me!" but he did get me the Ipod shuffle i wanted and some great African art. We'll see what happens tonight with his family! Merry Christmas everyone!
denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #52  
Glitter Guru

My DH is making me a wall unit ink/ribbon storage thing. Deal was, I buy him the table saw, he makes the storage unit.
Stamping-wise, I got a Hot Marks tool and a small ink caddy that holds 6 pads or so (from Michael's) - that way my pads aren't flying everywhere at a show.
I read on here that you can use the Hot Marks tool to cut out your rubber, and then use the left over for a "frame" for the image. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #53  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl415
Loved reading everyone's responses- aren't we all so very lucky to have some great DH or families? My own DH won't buy me stampin or scrappin stuff since "i'm obsessed enough w/out him enabling me!"
I hear you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

First of all, I was blessed by having all of my immediate family together (my husband (retired from the Navy so no more holiday deployments, one son home from FL where he's currently stationed in flight training, one son home from college and our "baby boy" 16 yr old who is still stuck with us!) along with my sister who came down from Chicagoland to visit for the w/e....that is the biggest gift of all, having my family together!

BUT I also got some goodies....Panera gift cards (yippee! I love these, no guilt when meeting friends for coffee, etc.) some clothes and some cash for spending on whatever I want, my husband ordered me the Giga Scallop punches in both oval and circle and the matching oval and circle Mega punches which aren't here yet but I have them to look forward to. Got a new Josh Groban CD (wow, how did Santa ever know??) My youngest son is the jewelry buyer, he got me an emerald (simulated, thank goodness!) necklace which is very pretty and I think that he spent the most time trying to figure out what he thought I would like. Of all the kids, he is the one whose "love language" is gifts so it's always so sweet to see what he picks out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I didn't get any stampin' stuff from family but then I get what I usually want throughout the year myself. They wouldn't have a clue other than a gift card what to give me. I did get a snowflake punch and a giga scallop punch from some of my stamp club members and lots of other non stamping goodies from some other members. Still a great Christmas as we're all together and in good health.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I got a new Ott light. Yay!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one on here! My boys are passed out snoring (so exhausted!) and my husband's putting his presents together, so I thought i'd come check in!

I got some Cuttlebug embossing & cutting dies (got the Cuttlebug last week with my bonus from work). Santa brought Sparkling Hliday & my mom gave me the retired Crayon set (can't remember what it's called)- both ones that I wanted last year but couldn't justify buying, since it was going away. Also some Fibers, eyelets, etc. My DH got me just what I wanted- a new fancy digital camera! Not exactly a stamp, but now I'll have much better pictures to scrapbook! He did good. Merry Christmas to all of you.

OH, and we finally announced to our families that we're expecting again! We've known since October and it about killed me to wait this long, but it was fun to do it on Christmas. So here's the announcement on SCS! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #58  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcookie44

OH, and we finally announced to our families that we're expecting again! We've known since October and it about killed me to wait this long, but it was fun to do it on Christmas. So here's the announcement on SCS! :-)
Another Whooo Hooo! Congrats!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a 2 GB card for my camera...I can now take 1058 pictures without downloading...boy am I going to be a happy scrapper. I also got a cuttlebug and some folders and such (and I have a Michael's G.C. to buy more for it), I got two CM scrapbooks and page protectors. I also got an ATG gun!! No more Mono for me... Oh yea, and my parents gave me the 120 prismacolors. I will be a happy stamper.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #60  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

My DH got me a new ditigal camera!!!! And I got a "scissors sharpener" in my stocking, that was kinda cool;) Overall it was just a nice, peaceful day.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl415
Another Whooo Hooo! Congrats!!
Thank you! We're excited. Our youngest will be 20 months when the baby arrives, so... a little scary, but fun! We're hoping to maybe get a girl this time (but a 3rd boy would be absolutely adored too!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #62  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Thank you! We're excited. Our youngest will be 20 months when the baby arrives, so... a little scary, but fun! We're hoping to maybe get a girl this time (but a 3rd boy would be absolutely adored too!)
My boys are that close...they are best friends now that both are walking and playing with the same toys...fingers crossed for a healthy preg. and baby...pink would be nice wouldn't it;) someone to share the crafts with.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #63  
Glitter Guru

Well--I ordered my stuff a couple of months ago...but I got a ton of new sets, paper and ribbon to play with....

In my stocking today Dh and the boys got my the big pack of the fine tipped sharpies I like, a new chain to replace the one that broke in our move, and a new list pad for the fridge.

I am making a list of the cool stuff I need to save my $$ for throughout the year ;)

mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received $$ from my parents that I'm saving for SAB!!!!! Can't wait for Jan 1st!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

I got a cop-a-dile, Xyron 510 machine, tote bag, 3 drawer stacker, ribbon containers, and this really cool snap a stack storage carrier!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #66  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Big congratulations going out to you! How exciting. And it's cute how you waited until Christmas to announce to your family. I couldn't keep my mouth shut long enough before we announced :-) hehe

simmy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't get anything stamping related for Christmas because my DH lets me get just about anything I want or need throughout the year. I do need to order this week although I really want to wait until SAB but need the sales. What to do?

What I did get was an absolutely FABULOUS diamond necklace. It's one of those squiggle shapes. LOVE IT!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #68  
Kookie Creator

I got Happy Everything, Warm Words, a few ink pads, card stock, a ribbon holder, My hubby spoiled me this year. I also got a new watch and an Ipod Nano. I was a really really good girl this year Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

I got some wonderful goodies for Christmas.
Three Cricut Cartidges: Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, Opposites Attract, Tear Drop.
Two wheeled totes that are scrapbooking totes ~ one I am using for my Cricut and the other I am not sure just yet.

I got my mom a Crop-a-dile and asked if I could open it to show my sister-in-law who scrapbooks it, and when I was done using it, I left it on the table, my nephew who thinks that he has to touch everything flipped the thingy to the big eyelet setter and the other to some snap setting and broke off the piece.. luckily I had the receipt and my mom has a Hobby Lobby near her that she can go and exchange it tomorrow.

We drove to TN on Saturday and got home today, Christmas day, because I have to open the store at work in the morning ~ we had a wonderful Christmas getting to spend it with my two brothers that have been gone to Iraq in the past.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

I'm so jealous of you ladies who got goodies.. sniff.. (don't mind me, Im feelin' sorry for myself) I really wanted some SU! stuff and got nothing despite the big ol' warning I gave DH. I cant even discuss his gifts right now..blech.. I'm so over him right now. LOL..

I am now going to be forced to buy it anyway, but he could have saved me the trouble having to hide it, which I'll now have to do. :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #71  
Forum Fanatic

I got a cricut, 2 cartridges, the tool kit, and a pink Ipod, and tons more that I cannot even think of since I am so tuckered out. Hope everyone had a merry christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I got a cuttlebug, and some dies to go with it (two alphas, and an embossing folder). I am sooo happy. I also got some money which will be spent on a big SU order I'm placing Jan.1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #73  
Compulsive Stamper

My husband got me a Cricut. I had entered a scrapbook contest where the first prize was a cricut. I took second. When I opened the present this morning, my husband said, "You're still #1 to me!" Gotta love him! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #74  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barico
My husband got me a Cricut. I had entered a scrapbook contest where the first prize was a cricut. I took second. When I opened the present this morning, my husband said, "You're still #1 to me!" Gotta love him! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I want to cry!! That's a keeper DH!!

My DH got me a cordless phone set, I loved it!! Plus he gave me $500 for SU supplies, or for whatever I want to buy. I'm speechless. I have no clue of what I'm going to buy, but I'm off to make my SU list for Jan. 1st (hehehe) I want to start the new quarter with a bang ;o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #75  
Gabfest Goddess

My husband got me the cuttlebug - I didn't even know what it was until a couple of weeeks ago when I saw all the cool dry embossing things on people's cards. He said he was looking over my shoulder one night as I was doing a search on the cuttlebug and thought I looked like I really wanted one. I did - but I didn't decide that until a few days ago and never told him!!!! I really don't know much about it - so I have some research to do. He got me a few embossing folders!?! and one to die-cut stuff (this is all so new to me!!!) He got me a gift certificate to Mike's so that I can get more templates. I really like some of the full size embossing templates. I am so excited - because I have seen some really great projects here - but I don't know where to begin!

I know I am so not cool when it comes to the new and hip stamping things! I may need a lot of help from you guys!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #76  
Mad Swapper

Mackbrad,

TRust me, I have tons of things that I'm barely learning what to do with. But for ideas and help with anything, you came to the right place. The ppl on here are so AWESOME!! Everyone is here to help us. Enjoy ur new toy, it's an awesome gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 06:59 PM   #77  
Insane Embellisher

I got the flu for Christmas with a lovely temperature of 101.8! Had to watch my DH and kiddies pack up to go to my folks for their dinner. We opened our gifts before they left. I got 2 SU stamp sets from the younger 2, and my eldest has told me to pick out any stamp set from SU and gave me a GC for a stamp store I have never been in. My DH drew up a blueprint for my stamping room and a GC for $300 for SU stuff!!! Woohooo. The gift from my parents & my best friend is a chocolate brown wheelie scrap tote that has pink trim (my fav. colour combo). I have the matching carry bag that they gave me for my BDay .
Well that's it back to bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

My daughter and her fiance gave me cash with "orders" to renew my SCS Fan Club membership (in time for a free shirt too!) and buy myself stamps. Thought I was going to have to pass on MiniMates even though its half price, but I figure since its a gift its okay to get a possibly/probably retiring set. Lucky me!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #79  
Inking Addict

Default Awesome Xmas!

My DH did a great job playing Santa. He's spent the past month getting in touch with just about everyone asking if they wanted to chip in on stampin' stuff for me for Xmas. Now I can order everything on my list when January 1st rolls along... So excited. He did really well.
Some of the items on my list include: Letter Patterns, Big Pieces, Hodgepodge Hardware, WWC, Paper, and Accessories
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #80  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampersim
I'm hoping for my crop-a-dile .. oh please oh please !!!!
Simmy :-)
I got one!!! Also got the nuetral WWC! My mom (DawnL) had my name. My 10 yr old DD got Silly Sealife and Pocket friends (can't wait to play with them! ;) ), she is busy making cards for me to put in her album that I have in my gallery.

Reply With Quote Likes