Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

My [weird] brain jumps to you (Sue) making things for organization. This one is just an example since it popped up this week, not necessarily anything like it or those colors/patterns:
#1 Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Small But Awesome Pencil Desktop Holder Tutorial

As a procrastination princess, I get it. I do love playing with products and techniques, and making backgrounds, but it's tough for me to actually sit down and make a *thing* - card/box/etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like glass jars, love actually. I look for interesting jars when I'm grocery shopping. I find all kinds of uses for jars, but why I need so many... I could use, alter, make gifts ect thoughts pop into my head. I save scraps, even the itty bitty ones. I have an iris cart full of scraps. I do tell myself "enough" already that I can't use all of them. So twice a year I throw in box, even die cut basic shapes and give to elementary school. DSP( 8.5x11) from 2002-2003, what? LOL I guess I am waiting for the perfect project to use it. Who am I kidding, it will be in a drawer forever. And large cardstock stickers, the ones from basic grey. These stickers moved with me 3 times, but I have yet to use them. Once again waiting for the right project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm really enjoying reading this thread. I was forced to clean up and organize this week as I got a steal on a couple cabinets from Home Depot. I purchased a 6' kitchen countertop and a friend put it all together for me in my scrap room. Now I have a great, hard, EVEN surface to work on...my older plastic table had so many grooves and sunken spots in it! All the scraps and junk I had piled up were gone through and much was donated to a local thrift. My room looks so much more roomier now. More space for more purchases! HA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Tools I've never *ever* used - like the Fuse. Or Perfect Layers or whatever it's called. Eighty hundred embellishments because they're cute - though never used. They were in Studio Calico kits I subscribed to when building up a stash. I got rid of 90% of them. But not tiny wood veneers of every state in the U.S. that I'd never use.

I have a theory that no matter how much I get rid of, I could get rid of 10% more two weeks later. And10% more in another two weeks. (Time has to pass for the next 10% purge to activate.) But there's this balk at going that final step.
Quoting myself, weird.

This thread kicks begonia! After way too long, Fuse and Perfect Layers were sent out the door today in a donate box with stamps/dies and other stampy stuff.

I did a massive purge months ago that filled my small SUV - no room even for me - but didn't let go of those. I'm keeping a donate box under my desk toward the wall. Real close but after something is tossed in, it's out of sight out of mind, no second guessing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Wait. A purge that filled an suv? That’s a lot of stuff, even if it was a small suv.
Did it get donated or trashed? Just curious.

I used to save things to fill or alter: tins, jars, pill and vitamin bottles......but I realized quite a few years ago that they were just taking up space. I’m sure my husband wondered why the recycle bin was so full.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

A friend went through some items first. Everything was donated to Life4Animals thrift shop in Maryland, where proceeds go to a non-profit that helps animals in areas hit by natural disasters. They may help in hoarding situations, including farm animals. Life4Animals used to support a large animal shelter/medical facility. We live fairly far away now but they're still a go-to donation spot. Today's box went to a different group for their yard sale.

The huge purge included a few boxes of books - art, color theory/history, etc. That takes up room. SB kits came in large zippered pouches. (I don't SB - just wanted to build up a stash!) Some items were kept from most kits, and I filled pouches with sorted "like" items - all embellishments, stamps, dies, paper, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

My [weird] brain jumps to you (Sue) making things for organization. This one is just an example since it popped up this week, not necessarily anything like it or those colors/patterns:
#1 Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Small But Awesome Pencil Desktop Holder Tutorial

As a procrastination princess, I get it. I do love playing with products and techniques, and making backgrounds, but it's tough for me to actually sit down and make a *thing* - card/box/etc.

You're not far off - I try out a bunch of things and tweak things that I already have and re-gear and all the rest of it!

As a fellow procrastination princess (love that term), I've decided that I'm going to let go of the idea of finished projects and just play and see what comes out. Eventually I'm sure something will get finished, but I just want to get back to splashing around in the stamping pool, lol...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 03:00 AM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ridiculous stuff kept

My son and Dayghter in Law took the box of paper and paper scraps and items I no longer use to my Grandson�s pre school.
The Director�s reaction was pure joy. They told me she kept saying, �we will use this!!�
�Thank you, Thankyou!!�
Made me feel so good!!
I am applying what I call �Florida Rules� to my Michigan home as far as keeping stuff.
In Florida I don�t have a craft room. I don�t allow myself to keep bags, boxes ( my personal downfall) or any packaging. no small paper scraps quarter sheets only. No leftovers from cards (colored images, stamped images that aren�t colored Etc )
I either make a card with them right then and there or out they go. No more Iris boxes filled with half finished stuff. If it hurts too much to throw away... make the darn card!!! I now make even Numbers of cards.
Use all the cut materials. I have begun to change up the images. Same card different stamps so I don�t get bored.
I have to admit I have a hoarders heart, thank goodness I have a husband that doesn�t!!! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 05:33 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I totally get the resistance and procrastination syndrome I've been fighting that nemesis myself and it is oh so very sneaky at times but the more I let go of stuff the more I want to let go of the stuff. There is less stress, frustration and guilt and I LIKE IT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 AM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Well put. Procrastination now is more about making than purging/donating. But after the mini purge and a bit of organizing yesterday, I did splash in the inky pool (borrowing from Sue) a bit.

I fooled around with white heat embossing using a background stamp and watercoloring over it with markers. Since I was just "splashing," 80 lb. Neenah was used to test whether it was a good look. Fun, no pressure b/c I knew it could not become a card due to the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Well put. Procrastination now is more about making than purging/donating. But after the mini purge and a bit of organizing yesterday, I did splash in the inky pool (borrowing from Sue) a bit.

I fooled around with white heat embossing using a background stamp and watercoloring over it with markers. Since I was just "splashing," 80 lb. Neenah was used to test whether it was a good look. Fun, no pressure b/c I knew it could not become a card due to the paper.

But what it you made a masterpiece?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

I'd be happy? LOL I actually like my warpy background and may use it! I'm big on cutting up not-great backgrounds into strips and adhering them to CS with a little space in between. It's a bit magical how it can transform the "meh" or the ugly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 05:24 PM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyiscoView Post
Tic Tac boxes. They never work for me for any purpose, but I CAN'T STOP SAVING them!
Are they big enough to hold sequins? or beads? or other things for shaker cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

stickles..and they are drying up...
and those 1$ mail boxes from Target. Oh I bought so many! haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I save the altoid mint containers to decorate. Haven't actually decorated one for a few years but just can't throw away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2018, 05:06 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thought of another why did I save it, bits and pieces that broke off of Christmas ornaments that I could someday use on a card. I pledge here and now to throw those bits out next time I pull my Christmas stuff out to make cards.

I threw out probably a couple dozen of those little mint tins. I still love and buy those mints so if I ever do get the urge to alter one I can but the empties will no longer take up real estate in my craft room.
I too have loved an experiment on cheap paper enough to use it anyway, shhh don't tell the recipient. One of many reasons I love gel medium, it glues things down really well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #57  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedesView Post
stickles..and they are drying up...
and those 1$ mail boxes from Target. Oh I bought so many! haha

I remember when those were all the rage. I was never able to get to Target before they had been scarfed up. Just as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

I love and use Stickles all the time. Always seems to be just the right touch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, I think most of us are hoarders on some level...Although if any of you are interested in selling your Twinkling H2O's, let me know. I've started doing a little watercolor painting and have used the ones I have and loved the look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #60  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristy TyraView Post
Yes, I think most of us are hoarders on some level...Although if any of you are interested in selling your Twinkling H2O's, let me know. I've started doing a little watercolor painting and have used the ones I have and loved the look.
PM me about the twinkling H2O�s.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Kristy, try having a look at these_ Artquest Mica palettes.
They are exactly like H2O's, but come in a palette of 10 colours. There are about half a dozen in the range.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 06:36 AM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The piece punched out with the envelope punch board....it looks like a big ole' smile. Yep, I keep them. Haven't used them on a card or layout yet. *sigh*
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 07:37 AM   #63  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmurfBEView Post
The piece punched out with the envelope punch board....it looks like a big ole' smile. Yep, I keep them. Haven't used them on a card or layout yet. *sigh*

Good one!
I made gift card Holders with one of the punch boards. The piece you cut out looks like a Normal Curve. I�m a statistics teacher, so I saved them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #64  
Glitter Guru

Received 817 Likes on 534 Posts

I get empty oatmeal containers from a friend and empty Maxwell House coffee canisters from my sister.

I have oodles of both of them and I will eventually use them :rolleyes:

I'll be covering the oatmeal containers in DP, cutting a slot in the tops and using them as ticket containers for the Chinese auction items at an event I'm helping at. That should get rid of about 10 of them!

I'm thinking of using the coffee canisters for Christmas. The cans are 17" around though so I'll try wrapping paper to go around them.

I do admit to purging some of them in the recycle bin when my stash gets too big....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmurfBEView Post

Depending on the color (white or yellow would be better), you could put them on black paper with a pair of googly eyes for each for a "spooks in the dark" Halloween card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wal-Mart instant ice tea containers. (Think of a Crystal Light container.) I know that I could cover them with paper or paint them, attach them together somehow and make a holder of "things". However they don't fit together good enough, can't glue them together, can't screw them together. But I just know I can use them for a good reason. So far....nothing has worked. (But, I have saved a LOT of them.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #67  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate StampsView Post
Wal-Mart instant ice tea containers. (Think of a Crystal Light container.) I know that I could cover them with paper or paint them, attach them together somehow and make a holder of "things". However they don't fit together good enough, can't glue them together, can't screw them together. But I just know I can use them for a good reason. So far....nothing has worked. (But, I have saved a LOT of them.)
I also saved the little plastic tubs the drink mix USED to come in, before they went to tubes.......sigh. But I do use those for little water pots with MY H2Os!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #68  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saved the extra rubber from when we have wood mount stamps. I thought it would be good for popping pieces up. Never used them. Had tons of it. Just threw it away.
Reply With Quote Likes