Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KharmagirlView Post
I haven't ordered from SU! since I left as a demo a long time ago, but I just HAD to have the new Out On A Limb set...that witch is SO cute! I can't wait to receive it!!
I'm so in love with that set! I love the owl too, he so cute! Have fun with it and show us what you make!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #122  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I'm so in love with that set! I love the owl too, he so cute! Have fun with it and show us what you make!!!!
The owl is adorable! I'll be sure to post to the OUt On A Limb gallery when I get it! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #123  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I haven't ordered from SU! since I left as a demo a long time ago, but I just HAD to have the new Out On A Limb set...that witch is SO cute! I can't wait to receive it!!
It is cute...I've been eyeing it waiting for it to do something to be mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #124  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

It's not a demo exclusive thing...it's called Kusudama....you can find a tutorial here:

Folding Trees � Kusudama Tutorial part 1
hey Minders! Thank you for showing this to us... it is super cute. I made one at work with post-it notes. I just happen to have a glue stick in my desk, so it worked out perfect.

Although, it is not the same as the ones on page 28 of the Holiday Mini. I looked for a tutorial on it, both on SCS and SU demo site. No luck. I've contacted SU and asked for either instructions or a tutorial. I did manage to pull up a gallery picture from 2008, where the basic concept was used. I figured out that it is made from 11 squares of paper, rolled into a cone shape, then attached together. I roughed one out using the post-it notes, I got the cones built but didn't have time to assemble. It sure does look super neat using the double sided DP.

I'll mess around with it, and see if I can figure out the specific logistics. If I haven't seen anything come out by then, I may just havie to step up and do my first tutorial.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #125  

Quote:

Originally Posted by afdishView Post
hey Minders! Thank you for showing this to us... it is super cute. I made one at work with post-it notes. I just happen to have a glue stick in my desk, so it worked out perfect.

Although, it is not the same as the ones on page 28 of the Holiday Mini. I looked for a tutorial on it, both on SCS and SU demo site. No luck. I've contacted SU and asked for either instructions or a tutorial. I did manage to pull up a gallery picture from 2008, where the basic concept was used. I figured out that it is made from 11 squares of paper, rolled into a cone shape, then attached together. I roughed one out using the post-it notes, I got the cones built but didn't have time to assemble. It sure does look super neat using the double sided DP.

I'll mess around with it, and see if I can figure out the specific logistics. If I haven't seen anything come out by then, I may just havie to step up and do my first tutorial.
Awe, crud...is it not the same? Sorry:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #126  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Awe, crud...is it not the same? Sorry:-)
That's okay... like I said, what you showed us was awesome! I found what I can do while I'm sitting at work with no work to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #127  

Know what, I think i was thinking of some of the convention displays instead of the mini:-) I just got the mini out to look. Looks like those are just the little cones of paper kind of like people made wreaths with last year....note to self...look at actual pictures, not just the ones in your head, loL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #128  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I'll mess around with it, and
see if I can figure out the specific logistics. If I haven't seen anything come out by then, I may just havie to step up and do my first tutorial.
That would be awesome.....thanks!

Check my blog: http://www.judyscraftyhaven.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll get to open the box of mini catalog goodies today! I'll be going by my mom's house when I pick my son up from school...or do you think I should go and wake her up now? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #130  
Polyshrink Goddess

Did anyone order the Spice Cake buttons? I did, and I did not realize how large they are! I have no idea what to do with them. I have seen them used with the Spice Cake fabric, but I don't have any of that. Any ideas? I'm not a scrapbooker, strictly cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #131  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbeth46View Post
Did anyone order the Spice Cake buttons? I did, and I did not realize how large they are! I have no idea what to do with them. I have seen them used with the Spice Cake fabric, but I don't have any of that. Any ideas? I'm not a scrapbooker, strictly cards.
I've used them on cards, they are big but I like to put big embellishments on my cards. I tied one on with a ribbon in the holes, you can find it in my gallery! I'm also going to use them on a wreath like the one shown in the mini. I also just made a sour cream container with one as an embellishment for my class on Sat but I don't have a pic yet but it's cute. I like them a lot! I need to use more of them!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #132  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm working on a card using one of these giant buttons. I stamped "Gratitude" and punched it out for the center of the button and covered it with a circle of window sheet. When I finish the card I'll try to remember to post a picture of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

update on the "page 28" ornaments...

I received a reply from SU, it reads:

The larger ornament was created using (11) - 1 �� square pieces of DSP. Each piece was rolled to create the cone and adhered closed using sticky strip. The cones were attached with Sticky Strip to one 2 �� diameter piece of cardstock. The process for the smaller ornament was the same except the cones were created using (11) - 1� square pieces of DSP and attached to a 1 3/8� diameter circle of cardstock.

And I found a post on the demo forums that gave this link:

Here's a tutorial I found that looks similar to the ones in the Holiday mini - MY PAPER HAVEN: Its Christmas in the Limelight with Tutorial

MY PAPER HAVEN: Its Christmas in the Limelight with Tutorial

I don't know what that link goes to, since I am at work right now and our network blocks all blogs. (such a bummer)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #134  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I
Here's a tutorial I found that looks similar to the ones in the Holiday mini - MY PAPER HAVEN: Its Christmas in the Limelight with Tutorial

I don't know what that link goes to, since I am at work right now and our network blocks all blogs. (such a bummer)
Luckily, this is one link that our spam filters at work approves of. It is a very cool tutorial for rolled cone flowers from 2008. Thanks for sharing the link as it looks very easy to do. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got my mini catalog goodies today. I am in LOVE with the Spice Cake paper, and the mini jingle bells are adorable. The Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso quilted ribbon have such a sheen to them...lovely. I already want more of these.

BUT, (and I can't believe I'm saying this after gushing over it so much) I'm not as crazy about the Frostwood Lodge paper as I thought I would be. I know I'll be able to use it on cards, but I think it has the same problem that so much of the DP out there in the crafting world has. The print is too big for cardmaking in my opinion. The plaids need to be smaller. It's pretty, but I'm just not as over the moon for it as I thought I would be. However, that doesn't sway my thinking that this is the best holiday mini ever! I can't wait to play with all the new stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #136  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I received the Out on a Limb set...SO totally cute! I created a card (going up on my blog at midnight), and I can see myself using this set again and again! Mindy, one of your cards actually inspired me to get this set...so thank you!!!
(Really liking the unmounted SU!...pretty cool!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #137  

Quote:

I received the Out on a Limb set...SO totally cute! I created a card (going up on my blog at midnight), and I can see myself using this set again and again! Mindy, one of your cards actually inspired me to get this set...so thank you!!!
(Really liking the unmounted SU!...pretty cool!)
Awesome and thank you! It's a super fun set and I love the clear mount! I'll have to try to remember to look for your card tomorrow...I'll be fast asleep shortly, hehe!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #138  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I've used them on cards, they are big but I like to put big embellishments on my cards. I tied one on with a ribbon in the holes, you can find it in my gallery! I'm also going to use them on a wreath like the one shown in the mini. I also just made a sour cream container with one as an embellishment for my class on Sat but I don't have a pic yet but it's cute. I like them a lot! I need to use more of them!
Thanks! I'll check out your gallery. I never really use large embellishments on my cards so I guess this will give me an opportunity to stamp outside the box!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #139  

Quote:

Thanks! I'll check out your gallery. I never really use large embellishments on my cards so I guess this will give me an opportunity to stamp outside the box!
Yeah I have a bit of a problem of using big stuff on my cards and making them hard to mail:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeisaJaneView Post
I finally got my mini catalog goodies today. I am in LOVE with the Spice Cake paper, and the mini jingle bells are adorable. The Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso quilted ribbon have such a sheen to them...lovely. I already want more of these.

BUT, (and I can't believe I'm saying this after gushing over it so much) I'm not as crazy about the Frostwood Lodge paper as I thought I would be. I know I'll be able to use it on cards, but I think it has the same problem that so much of the DP out there in the crafting world has. The print is too big for cardmaking in my opinion. The plaids need to be smaller. It's pretty, but I'm just not as over the moon for it as I thought I would be. However, that doesn't sway my thinking that this is the best holiday mini ever! I can't wait to play with all the new stuff.
I feel ya on that Frostwood Lodge paper....not only are the prints too big, but they're flat out spooky looking to me. It's like Christmas meets THE SHINING! And I was so desperate to buy something/anything to put in another order and I kept looking at Frostwood Lodge and the galleries on SCS and couldn't bring myself to do it.

PS. I use my circle punches and paper my Spice Cake buttons, but you could also use rub-ons, different ribbons, or layer buttons on top of each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #141  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Yeah I have a bit of a problem of using big stuff on my cards and making them hard to mail:-)
I had a card returned to me for the first time last month! I went a little overboard on embellies for my cousin's anniversary card. Whoops!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #142  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
PS. I use my circle punches and paper my Spice Cake buttons, but you could also use rub-ons, different ribbons, or layer buttons on top of each other.
How do you use the circle punches? Any examples in your gallery?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

I thought FW Lodge looked great for guy cards and decided after seeing it on cards in the gallery that something was "off" about it. I don't know if it's the large print or it looks fuzzy not clean lines. So many of the designs reminded me of flannel shirts and I have hunters in my family. That flannel just reminded me of men! I ordered and it should be here tomorrow. I hope I like it. I know for sure I love the birch bark at least.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #144  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

How do you use the circle punches? Any examples in your gallery?
This is one I did....I think it was the 1 1/4" punch.

BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS

This lady did something similar: BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS II

This lady did a shaker button! SHAKER BUTTON

I like the way she did the ribbon over the big button: BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS III

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #145  
Die Cut Diva

25 & Counting, the 1" square punch, and peek-a-boo frames die are ABSOLUTELY heavenly! SU! could really knock the ball out the park if they sold the 3/4" depth calendar shadow box to go with the advent items....

....working on my first of many Advent calendars here.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #146  

I thought I had a card with a big button in my gallery but it looks like maybe I forgot to upload it! I'll try to at some point if I ever have a free minute...TONS of hours at work this week and weekend....blech!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #147  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I received a reply from SU, it reads:

The larger ornament was created using (11) - 1 �� square pieces of DSP. Each piece was rolled to create the cone and adhered closed using sticky strip. The cones were attached with Sticky Strip to one 2 �� diameter piece of cardstock. The process for the smaller ornament was the same except the cones were created using (11) - 1� square pieces of DSP and attached to a 1 3/8� diameter circle of cardstock.

And I found a post on the demo forums that gave this link:

This is why I love this place! Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Check my blog: http://www.judyscraftyhaven.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #148  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

This is one I did....I think it was the 1 1/4" punch.

BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS

This lady did something similar: BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS II

This lady did a shaker button! SHAKER BUTTON

I like the way she did the ribbon over the big button: BIG SPICE CAKE BUTTONS III

Hope this helps!
Your card is fabulous! I'm definitely going to try that. Thanks for all of the great ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #149  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I thought I had a card with a big button in my gallery but it looks like maybe I forgot to upload it! I'll try to at some point if I ever have a free minute...TONS of hours at work this week and weekend....blech!
Too much work and not enough stamping seems to be the story of my life these days so I feel your pain!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #150  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, finally got my order and in the Frostwood Lodge dsp. It's surely my official "least liked dsp paper" that I've ever ordered. I don't get the red woodgrain???? I do love the birch bark for some reason. Some of the plaid will get used for guy cards.

I don't find lots of SU dsp that I love. When I get it, I have to be in love. Oh, well.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Okay, finally got my order and in the Frostwood Lodge dsp. It's surely my official "least liked dsp paper" that I've ever ordered. I don't get the red woodgrain???? I do love the birch bark for some reason. Some of the plaid will get used for guy cards.

I don't find lots of SU dsp that I love. When I get it, I have to be in love. Oh, well.......
My problem with it is that it's just too big of a pattern for cardmaking. It would probably look great as scrapbook pages.

I am now searching for small plaid DP...no matter who sells it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

My problem with it is that it's just too big of a pattern for cardmaking. It would probably look great as scrapbook pages.

I am now searching for small plaid DP...no matter who sells it.
I think SU! tries to strike a balance between styles and patterns that are appropriate for card making and big, oversized prints better suited for scrapbooking...but that is not always easy to do in a 12 sheet pack of paper.;) Hope you find your tiny plaid....I'm sure BoBunny, Basic Gray, or My Mind's Eye has something to fit the bill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #153  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Your card is fabulous! I'm definitely going to try that. Thanks for all of the great ideas!
Thank you! That made my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thank you! That made my day!
I did it! And I love it! I posted the card on my blog and gallery if you want to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #155  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I did it! And I love it! I posted the card on my blog and gallery if you want to check it out.
I did and it is gorgeous! I think this new jumbo sized button has potential...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #156  

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
I think that fabric will make a really cute table runner, too.
I'm on my third package of Spice Cake Fabric and I just ordered three more packs of the DSP. I was thinking of a runner, too--I have the Leaves die for the Big Shot--will post when it is done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #157  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
I'm on my third package of Spice Cake Fabric and I just ordered three more packs of the DSP. I was thinking of a runner, too--I have the Leaves die for the Big Shot--will post when it is done!
Sounds beautiful, Lyssa! And Just think how pretty it would be for a Thanksgiving table, with a runner that matches handmade place settings in the coordinating paper. Hmm...you may have to make matching napkins, too, or maybe napkin wraps. (See how I'm coming up with more jobs for you? LOL) Post photos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
Lyssa, this sounds lovely. Would you take a picture of your table when it's all set and post it? I'd love to see it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #159  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Lyssa, this sounds lovely. Would you take a picture of your table when it's all set and post it? I'd love to see it!
I wanna see it too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #160  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Went to card class today. Ordered the Spice Cake dp. It is gorgeous. Also ordered The Sounding Joy Stamp set. Can't wait for my order to arrive. (Ordered much more, just not from the mini...)
Reply With Quote Likes