Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2004, 08:00 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the odds that Petal Prints will make new catalog?

Anybody have a guess? Anyone familiar with SU to know if the summer stuff makes it in? I know we can't know for sure, but I saw in someone's comments that for sure it wouldn't be in the new catalog. Can anyone confirm this? I just love this new set and come June 1st, I am hoping it will be mine. I generally stay away from the minis, but the cards here have been so great, I can't live w/o it. Also, what are some of the best and most versatile sets to order? So many of my sets are retiring. I am not a demo, but participate in alot of swaps---most of which require current stamps. TIA for your help!

Serena Repsold
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Summer mini sets in main catalog?

This is an interesting question. Last year, the summer sets didn't make it into the main catalog BUT Little Layers I did make it into the memories catalog. And of course, since they are combining the two catalogs, one must assume that Little Layers I will be put in the main catalog since it is not on the retired list.

So it's a mystery! We don't know how they will handle it. Petal Prints is definitely going to be a great seller, so one would hope that somehow they'll figure out a way of adding it, if not to this one, to the next catalog (2005-2006).

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Default Mini Catalog Stamps Sets

A few years ago when they started the mini catty they said that summer mini catalog merchandise would not be available in the catalog that comes out during the mini catalog period. It wouldn't be available again until the next catalog year. So far they have stuck to that (but I hope they make an exception for the new buttons)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 03:57 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I couldn't stand it and had to look it up. Last year only Little layers made it. 2002 a lot of the sets made it. In fact looking through that catalog...they made it all except for the quarterly hostess set, which never makes it. In that catalog were: DD Very Cherry, On the Beach, Fly Fishing, Campout and Tropical Blossoms. I can't look further back since I just started buying and later selling SU in 2002.

I think Petal Prints had a great chance in being in the new catalog. It has a wheel and a lot of sets with wheels seem to be picked up in the new catalog.

Hugs and smiles.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 04:15 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Our group...Glitter'n Gals...had a downline meeting on SUNDAY. My Grand-upline (Because she is!) received Petal Prints on the Alaskan Cruise. It is her "feeling" that they wouldn't have given the set out if they weren't going to put it in the new catty. I'm crossing my fingers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 07:05 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can already see this set superceding Watercolor Garden I & II in popularity--I'm 99.9% sure it will make it in 05-06 catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I am not a demo, but have been using SU products for five years, and I have never seen a set from the summer mini go into the main catalog that fast. I really think it will be in next years' catalog. The wheel maybe, but even that I doubt. The company would have to be really confident of its' popularity to put it in that fast, and with the printing of the catalog probably done a couple of months ago, (I am a past sales rep) I just cannot see it. My bet is that there is something similar in style....either way, I am planning to purchase Petal Prints in June or July. The set is terrific!
Just adding my thoughts....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Default Petal Prints

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwaytroll
Our group...Glitter'n Gals...had a downline meeting on SUNDAY. My Grand-upline (Because she is!) received Petal Prints on the Alaskan Cruise. It is her "feeling" that they wouldn't have given the set out if they weren't going to put it in the new catty. I'm crossing my fingers!!
Did she mention if everyone on the cruise received it? Or did she get it as a prize for something? Very interesting information!!

-Melissa
James 1:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Odds on Petal Prints in the New Catalog

This is just my guess. I'm thinking the summer set will NOT be in the 2004-2005 catalog. Putting out the mini and then including sets in the main catalog doesn't make business sense to me. But I seem to remember something about expanded minis with the single catalog, and keeping popular items in. Definitely, I think the summer sets will be in the 2005-2006 catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey y'all, remeber how the beach set went from summer to scrapbook cat.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2004, 04:53 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello - everyone who was on the Alaskan cruise received Petal Prints and the Leaf wheel. We used these sets to make three MNT projects. Plus they told us that in future mini catalogs there will ALWAYS be NEW accessories and MORE STAMP sets now in the minis since they were combining the scrapbook and main catalog into one.

They also said how well Petal prints goes with the other Watercolor Garden sets...SOOOOOOOO I would bet that the set makes it into the catalog.

Since the new catalog comes out mid-July and the Summer Mini runs thru August I'd wait and purchase the set if you're worried about it not being in the new catalog.

I really LOVE mine and know it'll be a great seller for all my die-hard flower stamp customers! :-)

Happy Stamping!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2004, 05:33 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Linda, for answering Melissa's question. I assumed everyone received the Petal Prints set, but wasn't for sure. I really hope it is in the new catalog, but I, too, am a bit skeptical. True enough about On the Beach, and also Little Layers was in the October released SM Catty. Only the powers that be know for sure until July 13!!!! I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes