Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelineView Post
Cookies! Ive always wanted to learn to bake and decorate fun cookies with royal icing. In December, I bought myself a kitchen aid mixer, supplies and went to town. After reading alot of tutorials and recipes I jumped in. My main objective was to make sure the cookies tasted good. Alot of work goes into them and if they taste like crap and nobody likes them it would be a waste of time. Decorating them is alot like paper crafting/mixed media but you use cookies instead of paper. It's very creative too.

Of couse, I have way too much invested in stamping/scrapbooking so I doubt I'll ever give that up (nor do I want to).
your cookies look lovely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Like many others I dabble in some other hobbies too while doing card making, namely sewing and quilting. Not that I'm thinking of giving up card making but if I were to ever to do that then sewing and quilting would take it's space.

There are so many hobbies that I "wish" to take up but I decided not to burn my money left right and center; and just focus on a few. Rarely is there a hobby which doesn't require expensive tools. Not to mention all the extra space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #43  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I already cross stitch and crochet in addition to stamping, and I can't see every giving those up. I take breaks from one or the other now and again because I seem to get obsessed with one over the others.

But if I didn't do any of those things and had to take up something completely different, I think it would be stained glass.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Like a lot of you, I have been crafty all my life. Time seems to be the factor that keeps me from doing all the crafting I'd like to do. I have collected supplies for many hobbies besides cardmaking; sewing/quilting, jewelry making, basket weaving, counted cross-stitch, crochet, and refinishing furniture. I have done a little wood carving, and that was fun. My hubby bought me a used accordion for our anniversary, because learning to play is on my bucket list, so add that the list. I would like to improve my skill in all of the above. Right now work gets in the way of my crafting, but I know someday I'll have more time. I know I'll never be bored when that day comes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I quilted for 15 years, and still have all that stuff. I tried everything, and liked it all. Sewed my own clothes, knitted, croch. and basket making, plus more.

If I were to switch gears, I would learn to weld and make yard art. Some wind chimes and whirly gigs. Garden art.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 05:39 AM   #46  
Glitter Queen

It sometimes seems what goes around, comes around. The last 2years I have tied, AGAIN, crocheting, knitting, and multiple types of beading, braiding, and jewelry making. The knitting is packed up, the crocheting is reduced to the tiny Bon-bon projects and a scarf that I need to finish; the beads and braids are sticking around for now. I am still involved, deeply, with art journaling, bookmaking and mixed media (without meaning to I am taking a break from cardmaking, and as I think about it, a 5 year break from scrapbooking) but now i am lusting for a Mirrix loom. I would love to try small scale tapestry weaving. The common denominator in all of my arts and crafts is color. I want to wallow in color ( but I am not gifted in that way, just love color). I think creativity will find a way and that it is important not to expect perfection, especially when starting something. Fall a little bit in love with each new skill and project. Be kind to yourself. And..a last thought, good products and supplies are so important to the success of a new skill. I have wasted so much money just "trying" something with cheap supplies and tools. I become so discouraged and beat myself up about a lack of talent or ability, when really I am asking the impossible of the materials I am using. Once the skill is learned, then maybe you can get good results with less expensive materials, but learning a new skill is hard enough without the added hurdle of poor quality products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttons1View Post
Fall a little bit in love with each new skill and project. Be kind to yourself. And..a last thought, good products and supplies are so important to the success of a new skill. I have wasted so much money just "trying" something with cheap supplies and tools. I become so discouraged and beat myself up about a lack of talent or ability, when really I am asking the impossible of the materials I am using. Once the skill is learned, then maybe you can get good results with less expensive materials, but learning a new skill is hard enough without the added hurdle of poor quality products.
That is so true! Excellent advice. And I think the reason why all of those YouTube crafters get the best results as well :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #48  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I've tried a lot of hobbies but paper crafting is the only one that I've really enjoyed. I wanted to quilt but the sewing machine is just sitting and waiting for me to start someday.
Reply With Quote Likes