Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I'm going to chime in because I really need help with what kind of card to sent to our Vet, she recently helped us with our little Cocker who passed away. We found out that she has breast cancer and is undergoing chemo. I really want to send her a card to let her know we are praying for her and thinking of her too. We don't really know her too well but we want her to know that we are thinking of her too.
craftymomto2, I'm so sorry about your little dog.

I echo what susanbri said. I have a stamp set with, "thinking of you," (along with "here for you," the word "always," "I've got your back," a few others, and some flowers).

"Thinking of you" shows caring without any assumptions about an illness, faith, etc.

Coincidentally, I've been mentally working on a card for two of our veterinarians.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think it's been answered here, but what DOES that stamp from SU! really mean that says " at least you are still pretty"? I'm not getting it- like what situation would call for it. Sometimes I need things explained to me. Haha. But really, someone please tell me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
I don't think it's been answered here, but what DOES that stamp from SU! really mean that says " at least you are still pretty"? I'm not getting it- like what situation would call for it. Sometimes I need things explained to me. Haha. But really, someone please tell me!
I think the first part must be "You may be old...but you are still pretty." for a snarky birthday card. Something I would expect to receive from my older brothers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for this thread and those of you who provided links to stamp sets! All this info is very helpful!

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

I'm going to chime in because I really need help with what kind of card to sent to our Vet, she recently helped us with our little Cocker who passed away. We found out that she has breast cancer and is undergoing chemo. I really want to send her a card to let her know we are praying for her and thinking of her too. We don't really know her too well but we want her to know that we are thinking of her too.
Sending hugs type of card or simply thinking of you card would be perfect
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

I have always loved funny cards.They make me happy so I am always amazed and admittedly disappointed that so many people do not.In my Sunday school class we celebrate birthdays every month and I have learned the hard way that no one wants a picture of an old woman on it.Animals, children and musical instruments seem to be okay however.I now mostly stick to very generic "happy Birthday".The one thing I try to be tuned to is get well card for a surgery or illness vs. the hugs or thinking of you for the hospice patient.I do hope that folks down the road will remember that I enjoy the humorous ones though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary JoanView Post
I would love to have a stamp that says "Hope you feel better soon." that would work for bereavement, illness, post-chemotherapy, anything.
Have you thought about having one made up for you? If you can cobble something up in your word processing or graphics program, Ready Stamps | Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery can turn it into a stamp. I like them because they provide a sheltered workshop for people with cerebral palsy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

I'm so sorry about your little dog. I have a Cocker who is beginning to fail, but as dog lovers, I fear we've all been through this all too many times. For your vet, what about a card that simply says "I'm thinking about you?" You could always use something like "You're in my prayers," but I would only suggest this if you know your vet is religious. I'm not and being told I'm being prayed for really gets my back up (yet another minefield... ;) ).

I have an old Hero Arts stamp that says "Sending you healing thoughts and wishing you well." I don't know if they still make it, but of course you can always use your word processing program to print something like that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

I have sent people a card that I thought they would enjoy receiving without a sentiment stamped on it if . That enables me to write a personal note inside to let them know I'm there for them if they need something or whatever it may be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 05:05 AM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I came across another set that I think is just great for these kinds of cards. The Ton's Brushed Hugs:

https://www.thetonstamps.com/collect...s/brushed-hugs

It includes a big scripty "hugs" stamp and a few sayings to go with it, for example:
"sending love and healing"
"sending big"
"to let you know that"
"I am thinking of you."
"I am here for you."
"and happy thoughts."

So you could do a very nice card with "sending big hugs to let you know that I am thinking of you."

And as postmark said, no sentiment works too.

Just getting any card sent is the most important part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary JoanView Post
I would love to have a stamp that says "Hope you feel better soon." that would work for bereavement, illness, post-chemotherapy, anything.
Penny Black has a die set that has "Feel Better" and "Get Well Soon." Would that work for you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

for older men who had surgery I've used vintage car stamps and "Heard you are in the shop for repairs" (sorry don't recall who made the sentiment stamp). My older brother had a bad break to his foot the other year and I used a template of a foot to fussy cut a card, then used the purples, greens, yellow distress inks to 'bruise' it, tied a piece of gauze around the big toe as a bow and created label that said "Hope you heel quickly"..see card here: mas_GetWell_BrokenFoot by mshatzma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

If I know the person sews or knits, I've done the "hope you are on the mend" see card: On The Mend - Speedy Recovery by mshatzma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers A good friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and she is a big knitter, so I am working on a "knit happens" card to tell her I'm here to support her. I also have some stamps from Unity related to cancer, "Fight Like a Girl" and "Cancer doesn't know who it's dealing with" Others I have are "Get the Hell Well" from Viva Las Vegas stamps and "*** were you thinking" from Unity (I thought good if someone breaks something skiing or something more dangerous)

A stamp set I love, for women, is an old one from My Favorite Things called Bunny Slippers. There is an image of someone in bathrobe and bunny slippers with some cute sayings - can even use for other occasions like Mothers Day since it can also represent pampering yourself. Also has hot soup bowl, Rx bottle and separate bunny slipper stamps. Just got a versatile set from Technique Tuesdays called Mixin' Up of a electric mixer, mixing bowls, whisks etc and one of the sentiments included is Mixin Up wishes for a speedy recovery.

for other illnesses, I've used my Gina K Tech Talk laptop stamp that has "sorry you caught a virus" sentiment, Lockhart's old Bug Bottle stamp and Caught A Bug? Art Gone Wild has cute set of 3 chicks, one on crutches, one sleeping with thermometer and one sipping tea... "Get Well Soon" set

I like to use stamp called "Lady Doctor" from Deep Red, an RX bottle from The Stamp Doctor called Doctors Orders" the label on the bottle says "Just what the doctor ordered" or "Flat Chicken" from Stamps by Judith... then I come up with my own funny thing to say that would look like doctors orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

to follow up on knowing your audience in general, I never, never send "you're old" cards to people who are older than me! (I'm mid 50's). My 2 very best friends are slightly older and we joke about that, so I will use for them (have one that says 'It's nice to have a friend to grow old with. You go first'). I've used Rubbernecker stamp that says 'Wine, like women, gets better with age' and Unity has a nice one called Age & Wine that says 'Age and Glasses of Wine should never be counted'

I will use the Damn Old stamp from Unity (it's a cake with tons of candles). Have a cute one from Impression Obsession called Chicken with Cake that is a cute chicken with party hat on and a birthday cake, then make my own sentiment about them still being a spring chicken
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

What great ideas you have! Just love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 AM   #55  
Cardstock Collector

PTI has a set I like called "Inside and out: Well Wishes.". It includes stamps like:

When you get a cancer diagnosis you learn two important things
No 1 You are stronger than you ever imagined
No 2 You are loved more than you know

I heard you have another chemo treatment coming soon.
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you
And I'm always just a phone call away.

Sending happy thought and good wishes your way
So that you will feel better after your surgery day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Interesting thread, and good reminders all around. The Project Bin has a line of sentiment stamps called "A Way With Words", and one set in particular has very current sayings: "Bazinga" and "More Cowbell" and "Cake or Death?". Unless you have the cultural frame of reference, there is sure to be some degree of "wha....?"

ALL of my children are very familiar with Eddie Izzard, and one in particular quotes him often, so her birthday card in February will have a sweet sentiment outside "Someone I love was born on this day - that would be you", with "Cake or Death?" on the inside. She will find it hilarious! Would I send that card to ANYONE that hadn't seen Dress to Kill? No - no, I would not!

All that to say: I agree - know your audience and stamp accordingly...

(And I agree about any/all of the "poop" cards- eww! Ditto the stamp sets I've seen with a pile of poop or a toilet or a plunger with sentiments like "that stinks" or "oh crap"...really?)
OMG! Cake or death? I must have that.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes