Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Heaven! aaaaahhhhhh
Yep! Thats what I was thinking!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I can't tell you what I decided on until after Christmas, because my sister sometimes reads SCS, although right now she is probably too busy! I mailed it off yesterday and I really hope she likes it. It was not one of the great suggestions here - but they made me think of it. It would be hard for someone else to duplicate.

So I will update this thread after CHristmas and thanks for all the awesome ideas! Keep them coming, because I am sure we all need ideas. I even got some ideas for myself to hint to DH.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

OK - So my sister called me this morning - she opened my present last night. I made a binder of all her Stampin Up stamps. I think she really liked it.

I got a list of all the Stampin Up stamps she has (many of them, at least) from her account, and made index cards. I got copies of the images - the current ones from the Stampin Up website, and older ones by searching the internet, and put them into an image software, then sized them to 3.5" x 5" index cards and printed and cut them to fit. I got plastic pockets 4 to a page and she can organize them by theme, alphabetical, or any way she wants.

So now she just needs to send me the names of the stamps I missed and I will send her inserts for those as well.

It was all the people who said give "time" on the thread that made me think of it. She would never have time to organize all her stuff, so I did it for her. Thanks SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by karjorView Post
OK - So my sister called me this morning - she opened my present last night. I made a binder of all her Stampin Up stamps. I think she really liked it.

I got a list of all the Stampin Up stamps she has (many of them, at least) from her account, and made index cards. I got copies of the images - the current ones from the Stampin Up website, and older ones by searching the internet, and put them into an image software, then sized them to 3.5" x 5" index cards and printed and cut them to fit. I got plastic pockets 4 to a page and she can organize them by theme, alphabetical, or any way she wants.

So now she just needs to send me the names of the stamps I missed and I will send her inserts for those as well.

It was all the people who said give "time" on the thread that made me think of it. She would never have time to organize all her stuff, so I did it for her. Thanks SCS!
Do you want another sister? LOL! I would have loved that gift of love!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Do you want another sister? LOL! I would have loved that gift of love!!
I'm volunteering to be her mom! I've always wanted a daughter ... a dear, sweet, daughter that makes me great scrapbook organization gifts for the holidays. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great gift! I hope she was appropriately thrilled!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
My bestie is the one who got me into stamping and we both have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!! We've both been trying to downsize and purge, so no matter how cool the toy or tool or whatever may be, we don't want MORE. I told her that what I really want for Christmas this year is to spend time with the people I love, and she feels the same way. We've decided that - instead of gifts - we're going to get together for a movie/crafting marathon. I don't know how your stamping friends would feel about it, but maybe, in lieu of gifts, you could host a get-together of some kind...
Great idea!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

My bestie is the one who got me into stamping and we both have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!! We've both been trying to downsize and purge, so no matter how cool the toy or tool or whatever may be, we don't want MORE. I told her that what I really want for Christmas this year is to spend time with the people I love, and she feels the same way. We've decided that - instead of gifts - we're going to get together for a movie/crafting marathon. I don't know how your stamping friends would feel about it, but maybe, in lieu of gifts, you could host a get-together of some kind...
Oh yes, my other dear friend stamper who has everything - My DD and I made her a candle set with photos of her dog with cute dog quotations (photoshopped the photos to make it look watercolored, and printed on tissue, and waxed papered to the candle) and some Stazon stamped marble tile coasters. She love both techniques and we decided to try set time aside every week or two to learn a new technique.

I wish I'd taken pics of the candles - I also made them for my sister of her cat (best pet quote ever - "Dogs have owners, cats have staff").
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
A gift certificate for Merry Maids so she could stamp instead of clean .
EVery year my husband asks what I want for Christmas, I tell him a maid and he laughs. I know he thinks I'm joking. I told myself if I got a decent raise (which I should have since I got a lot of new duties that require more pay...but didn't, my boss got a huge promotion) I was going to get one 2 times a month. Oh well, perhaps I'll win the lottery! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by karjorView Post
Brilliant!!! What a fantastic idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

How about paying for a class or crop time? Scrapbook crops/retreats fulfill the 'time' factor many mentioned and often have lots of cool tools to try out. And classes (both are in a category called experiential gifts, you get an experience rather than an item) are awesome and you know they don't already have it! Babysitting was mentioned but id rather have someone take my kids out somewhere, even if it's just the park, rather than babysitting them at home. Or even better, overnight! Time to go out with hubby AND craft!
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this is an afterthought, but most of my cards that I mail cost $.64 to mail and I've been using a $.44 and two $.10 or one $.20 which is not as nice as the $.64 stamps that can be ordered from the Post Office ahead of time (which, of course I didn't think of until now). A cardmaker always needs postage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Isn't postage going up next week?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, postage is going up sometime next month, but the Forever Stamps should still be good. The additional 1 oz. fee will stay the same at $.20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I know I know I know......CHOCOLATE...! LOL
Blessings.

"like"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are some suggestions for the creator who already has a lot!

EK success has a glue remover that looks like a fat pointed crayon. MOST people don't have one and it ia a good addition to the regular rubber glue remover.

Crop Stop!, Your one-stop cropping solution has Pre-Order stuff that they are bound to not have. (do a search on EF or Dies on her site)She carries a lot of things from Europe. Order it and give a picture and tell her it is coming and she is getting the latest that is out. (embossing folders Memory Box dies) MY FAVORITE dies this christmas was Memory Box so if your friends don't have any of them they are FABULOUS!!!

A really sharp pair of tweezers is something I cannot make a card with out (I have fake nails and they are thick making it difficult to manipulate small items)

Crop stop has some embellishments called Candies (from Europe) that are really fun and the small adehesives (like a pop dot only really small rectangle) that you can buy from that brand are really good.

Buy some really nice silk ribbon (in cream and black and white and red) from one of the online sites. We seldom splurge for the "good stuff"!
No Time to Stamp:
Blogs at Splitcoaststampers
And Really Reasonable Ribbon would be two online sources.

The new Goosbumps Clear Texture Spray is a fun new product. You spray and then add glitter and it sticks.

Sparkle N Sprinkle has 2 products One is a brushable glue for glitter also and the other is a dimentional glue.

The Rubber Cafe has a glue that is called Scraphappy Sheer glue that you can use your rubber stamps with and then add glitter. There are direstions and videos on both sites to give you ideas.

VersaMark Dazzle in Champagne is a fun alternative to plain versamark

If they don't have a Xyron create a sticker they are great for adhearing really skinny etailed dies to projects.

Hope this gives you some idea's!

Peggy in Mentone

"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidgesmomView Post
I know this is an afterthought, but most of my cards that I mail cost $.64 to mail and I've been using a $.44 and two $.10 or one $.20 which is not as nice as the $.64 stamps that can be ordered from the Post Office ahead of time (which, of course I didn't think of until now). A cardmaker always needs postage!
This is what I was going to suggest she add to the basket! I hate going to the post office. I think I will order online and have them ready for when I decide to join something...thanks!

What a great gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:24 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I know this after the fact, but for my stampin' buddies this year, I got them rubber stamping t-shirts. I've bought several for myself from Cafe Press.

For my friend Betty:

Stampaholic Shirt by redzinny- 99258625

For my friend Janis:

Eat, Sleep, Stamp T by mmscrapshoppe- 151278002

The one I bought for my friend Dawn seems to have been discontinued but it said "Stamping until the cows come home" and had a pic of a cow. Perfect for her because she'll stamp until the wee hours of the night.

Just some thoughts for next year or maybe another gift giving occasion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Your gift sounds amazing! I have grand plans for unmounting my wood stamps, but don't want to dive in until I have time to index them too. (Maybe this winter....) I just can't imagine taking on someone else's too!

personallycreated.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #61  
Rubber Obsessor

Personally, I can always use more gluesticks. And right now I am out of envelopes.

Is there a craft you do that your buddy doesn't? My mom knits, my aunt sews. So they can make a lot of items for each other that they wouldn't make for themselves. I would be willing to do calligraphy for somebody (sentiments? envelopes?), if I knew someone who wanted it.
Reply With Quote Likes