Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #81  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. How do you gals manage to get DH to do a stocking for YOU? :confused: I do one every year for everyone else, but never find ANYTHING at all in my stocking, so this year I didn't do any stockings at all, thinking that might make my point.....nobody even noticed all the empty stockings. Sigh.

That is so sad! How about if you just ask?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #82  
Polyshrink Goddess

I received a Michael's gift card, a gift card for my favorite LSS, some books, etc BUT the biggest surprise is a combo Christmas/Birthday gift of a new computer. My current computer is so close to biting the dust, but I had no clue that a new one was on the horizon. It is being delivered Monday, the 28th. Can you tell I am thrilled???????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #83  
Matboard Maniac

My husband ROCKS![/QUOTE]

Girl, you made out like a BIG dog! Good for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #84  
Glitter Queen

I begged for stamping and scrapbook stuff. Even made a Christmas wish list and posted it on the fridge. No one listened, but my son. He gave me a Hobby Lobby gift card. I new this would happen, so I bought myself a set of Copics from Joann's online.
Husband bought me a label maker for organization purposes, but it's heading to my craft room stash. My big present from hubby was a Sony Ebook Reader.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #85  
Mad Swapper

<----------Is jealous of you!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleska901View Post
I got THIS

My husband ROCKS!

I have a hard time knowing what to expect DH to do in regards to Christmas. Our kids are 6, 5, 3, and 8 months. When he's not at work or volunteering at Church, he does all he can to help me with the kids. It's tricky for him to go out and shop when he's trying to lighten my load. I have taken it upon myself to make sure Christmas happens, even if it means purchasing my own gifts. I mentioned earlier in the thread the Cricut Expression I got. I did mention needing a cord to connect it to my laptop, and he stuck that in my stocking. (We already had one downstairs in his mess of computer cables and such, but the fact that he took the time to find it and set it aside for me was nice.) There were times when I was up late trying to figure out what to get for kids, extended family, etc. that I was a bit upset about having to do it all, but the fact that he goes to work each day and works hard to make fun things like Christmas possible snaps me back into reality.

He did get me a book about women in the Old Testament, which I thought was very thoughtful of him. I teach Sunday School at Church and in 2010 we'll be studying the Old Testament. It will make this coming year all that more meaningful having something extra to study.

I'm considering a handmade Christmas for next year...I enjoy quilting as well, so I'm already formulating plans in my head. Of course, that all may change as time goes on! 4 kids can take up quite a surprising amount of time!

I should add that I take care of getting myself the crafty stuff. I could send links to my husband and be surprised, I guess, but I tend to know when things are on sale and want to 'save' him some money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Our big present to each other was a Wii. Plus we got Wii Active and Super Mario. Dh also got me a Scorpal, the Storybook Cricut cart, and a really nice Bluetooth earpiece. I got some clothes, towels, the new Casting Crowns cd, Willow Tree figurines, chocolate, etc. Oh and dd got me a nice fabric board. It's like a bulletin board but framed in black and is really pretty. She thought it would be nice for my craft room and that I could decorate it different for each season/month.

The best thing was having my girls and their new hubbies spend the last two nights with us. We played games, played the Wii and had a wonderful time. We're so blessed. Sometimes I feel almost guilty at how blessed we are through the holidays. We have plenty of food (too much!) and are always surrounded by family. God is so good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Default GREAT IDEA!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Oh! :confused: That's awful! I do stockings too, and I always fill mine with stuff I KNOW I'll like! ;) Usually dh will toss in a lotto ticket or some cash into each stocking, but he never does the real stocking shopping/filling. So NEXT year, you make it a point to do up a nice stocking for yourself, you hear? You deserve it!
Betsy: Great idea! Duh.....why didn't I think of that myself??! I'll fill it with awesome good stuff that will certainly get their attention! Toothbrushes, Christmas candy and Dollar Tree stuff in all the others.....CB embossing folders, Nesties and stamps in mine!! ;)
Thanks!!!!
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #88  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by se_stamperView Post
No stamping goodies for me, but I did get a new camera lens ;)
ditto! me also!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuntielauriView Post
I got a cricut expression!!! Very excited - can't wait to play with it!!
L.

Me too! With all the extras
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got the compact HP printer I've been wanting for a while! Yeah, for me!!! : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #91  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinglakeView Post
my big one was the wii fit plus and the wii machine but NOOOOOO crafty goodies!! hope you all got what you wanted xx jo xx
Is it better than Wii fit????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #92  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
I got a laptop (needed a new computer, mine was shot) a wireless printer, a Keurig coffee maker, a roomba from my in-laws, a great spice rack that turns with empty bottles to put embellishments in. A very generous year.
LOVE LOVE LOVE my new keurig platinum and I got a swivel sweeper....ohhh the simple things in life...

good coffee and dog hair free kitchen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #93  
Kookie Creator

New lights for my craftroom from Hubby. They were on my want list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #94  
Glitter Queen

I got wii fit plus! I haven't tried it out yet. Is it any good? My kids said it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #95  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Oh! :confused: That's awful! I do stockings too, and I always fill mine with stuff I KNOW I'll like! ;) Usually dh will toss in a lotto ticket or some cash into each stocking, but he never does the real stocking shopping/filling. So NEXT year, you make it a point to do up a nice stocking for yourself, you hear? You deserve it!
I agree!!! But I understand how it might not be so easy! I'm to the point where I've let it all go that I don't expect anything so when I get something its sooooooo special...

I'm sad to see the 'gag' of Santa go, but dh and I talked this year that once that is gone then we will be able to do stuff from each other.....for a few years its no biggy that you sacrifice your own wants for the child having a magical holiday. But after awhile you start to feel like you need someone else making magic for you, ya know?

This year I was shocked that DH and DD went shopping for something from DD...I got BEAUTIFUL white gold hoop earrings with little tiny diamonds on the front. Appropriate for daily wear...DD and I got DH a tie she picked out (which went with all the shirts his mom picked for him) and a bottle of his favorite, ummm..adult mixer....Makers Mark. We don't buy it other than the holidays cuz its so expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #96  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
We don't celebrate Christmas - we celebrate the Winter Solstice/Yule.

Because we want to avoid the over commercialized hype we all draw one family members name at Thanksgiving. The rules are:

One donation to their charity of choice
One gift.

So, a very generous gift was sent to the ASPCA in my name,
and I have a set of 48 Dick Blick markers.

Our winter Solstice celebration was magical. The Yule fire was beautiful. We all do a reading around the fire and I cry every time. We had cranberry wine, wedding soup and apple cake.

UNFORTUNATELY - one of our guests brought the stomach flu with them. Within 48 hours almost everyone had either vomiting or diarrhea. I ended up in the emergency room carrying with me a Giant Eagle bag filled with p_ _ k. Anyway, I recovered and am looking forward to playing with my markers.

Loved hearing what goodies everyone else got!
Other than the puke..well, it sounds good...love the non commercialization of it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
P.S. How do you gals manage to get DH to do a stocking for YOU? :confused: I do one every year for everyone else, but never find ANYTHING at all in my stocking, so this year I didn't do any stockings at all, thinking that might make my point.....nobody even noticed all the empty stockings. Sigh.

Vee, you are so right! Last year, I made sure that if DD wanted to get something for DH she got it. So, in front of other family I had nothing to unwrap from DD....in other words, DH dropped the ball in making sure DD's wishes to get something for mommy were fulfilled. I was heartbroken, and DD noticed but tried not to show it.

I later discussed with him the importance of helping her make the magic of Christmas happen...this year, he got it. And I cried.

Last edited by StampinChrissylea; 12-26-2009 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #98  
Mad Swapper

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

o....aleska I am so very jealous!
Tough year for us....but my babe managed to get me the only thing I mentioned....
Daisy perfume by Marc Jacobs!!! Yum Yum!
They actually do listen, huh????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

The BEST gift I got was from my FIL. He is such a sweetheart. He has diabetes and glaucoma and hasn't been able to do woodworking as much as he use to. He spent the last month making me a stamp organizer for my SU! stamps. I was so shocked. It made me tear up. I just love it.

. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Most of you lady got awesome gifts. Mine were nice small in monetary value. I got the best gift of all though. I have a 12 year old grandaughter. Who on her own took money she had earned by completing a 6 hour job. (which paid 100) She took her money and went shopping at the Samartians purse for family members. How much did she spend? All of it. My hubby got shares for fresh water well, she purchased chickens, honeybees, goats and I did not here what the other things were. I am so proud of her. Seeing her giving Spirit was the best gift ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

I swear someone rearranges my keyboard. The spelling errors !!!! I do know how to spell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #102  
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up AWESOME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamelodgeView Post
Most of you lady got awesome gifts. Mine were nice small in monetary value. I got the best gift of all though. I have a 12 year old grandaughter. Who on her own took money she had earned by completing a 6 hour job. (which paid 100) She took her money and went shopping at the Samartians purse for family members. How much did she spend? All of it. My hubby got shares for fresh water well, she purchased chickens, honeybees, goats and I did not here what the other things were. I am so proud of her. Seeing her giving Spirit was the best gift ever.
That is so wonderful! What a giving child....someone's been teaching her right! We have something similar at our church during Missions week in October called Mission of Hope, where you can purchase all sorts of things to help people in mostly depressed or developing parts of the world earn money to support themselves and their families. We get little cards to note the gift that was purchased in their name to help a child or family. I think it's important for children to participate in these types of events and the fact that your DGD did it on her own is very impressive. Give her an extra hug for me!

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since having our Son 2 years ago- we stopped doing X-Mas for each other and shop together for him and make X-Mas all about him. WE waited so many years to become parents that he is my "real gift" since we were blessed with being able to adopt him. With that said we do give ourselves a certain amount of money to spend just on ourselves- we have completely different hobbies - so this works for us. I much prefer buying for myself then stressing about buying him something he wants and likes. We don't spend much on ourselves during the year, since I am a SAHM and love it and he works alot of overtime to make this work.

I think our Son got everything he could have ever wanted, along with a few Big-boy items that hopefully he will grow into by summer. Today is the first nap he has taken since X-Mas Eve, he runs around playing with all his new stuff and refuses to stop to even eat.. I have 1 happy-healthy, wonderful son...I couldn't ask for more!! Now I have to figure out how to make a normal size living room both a playroom and a living room for TV- I can't and won't give my craft room up- so I really have to look into reorganizing the living room due to all the new toys.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #104  
So You Think You Can Stamp

i got a Scor-Pal and the Everyday Button Bits PTI set and buttons! yes, i am a SU demo, but i just had to have this set from Papertrey!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #105  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Craft related I got Martha stewart punches, Jetmax cubes, and a Mike's giftcard. But the best gift was our wayward, travelling son camehome on Christmas Eve.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #106  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by furaView Post
The BEST gift I got was from my FIL. He is such a sweetheart. He has diabetes and glaucoma and hasn't been able to do woodworking as much as he use to. He spent the last month making me a stamp organizer for my SU! stamps. I was so shocked. It made me tear up. I just love it.

You made me tear up, too! That is so awesome!!! My FIL made me ink holders, paper holders like the one from Oriental Trade Co, he just took the measurements from the catalog and made an entire set for me. But the one that made me scream with delight was the punch holders he made me that are portable! Woodmakers are so awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #107  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

That is soooo sweet!!

My DH had already given me the best gift of all...he was the most supportive, wonderful, caring hubby for me after my sister passed away December 16th. We spent the past week making daily trips to Target to trying to give my nephews a wonderful visit from Santa. Their smiles on Christmas morning were priceless, and Santa only made a couple of mistakes... ;) I did get some Eat Cake Graphic stamps from my parents and money to buy a wall organizer for my room! Now I just need to find one!

We held off on our own Christmas until we were back home this morning...he COMPLETELY shocked me by getting me a set of bezel-set diamond earrings (my engagement ring is bezel set and two years ago he gave me a necklace to match). Even more adorable, he used all the money he made by fixing computers this past year for them! He is SUCH a keeper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

My big present was a swivel rolling desk chair (armless) for my desk. I can now easily roll between my computer desk, my scrap desk (which is right next to the computer desk) and my Sizzix/Xyron station and back again. So much easier than my wheelchair because it swivels around so easily! I totally love it. I also got TWO pairs of Cutterbee scissors. My family said I needed two since they are always borrowing my scissors, now when they borrow them I still have a pair to use! LOL! I love them, so sharp really and will make snipping and cutting easier. I got an electric pencil sharpner - YAY! No more using the little tiny one for 10 minutes to get a pencil sharpened. I also got one of those cool floating pen thingies, I love to make it bobble (I'm not really hard to please, honestly. te-he!) For myself, I am buying myself (finally!) a Gazelle cutter I've been lusting after. I think in Feb I will finally have enough (if I quit spending that fund on other things!). I'm SO very excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
That is soooo sweet!!

My DH had already given me the best gift of all...he was the most supportive, wonderful, caring hubby for me after my sister passed away December 16th. We spent the past week making daily trips to Target to trying to give my nephews a wonderful visit from Santa. Their smiles on Christmas morning were priceless, and Santa only made a couple of mistakes... ;) I did get some Eat Cake Graphic stamps from my parents and money to buy a wall organizer for my room! Now I just need to find one!

We held off on our own Christmas until we were back home this morning...he COMPLETELY shocked me by getting me a set of bezel-set diamond earrings (my engagement ring is bezel set and two years ago he gave me a necklace to match). Even more adorable, he used all the money he made by fixing computers this past year for them! He is SUCH a keeper.
Does he have a brother, by chance?

Seriously, that is so awesome! I'm glad you have him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #110  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

AWESOME!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #111  
Rubber Obsessor

I got 8 SU sets, 12x12 Tonic paper cutter, 160 pc. Wausau paper pack from QVC, 3 SU punches, 1 MS punch, 2 packs SU dimensionals,1 SU sizzix folder, 1 SU embosslit, 5 packs of Spellbinders, 1 assorted 8x10 pack of SU in-colors, 4 chalk cateyes and other misc. things.

I want to buy everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #112  
Rubber Obsessor

My husband really surprised this year with a Cricut Expression for Christmas. He had help from our daughter who is into this hobby. Now I need to take my birthday money(which is tomorrow) and get some cartridges for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #113  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wonderful DH gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings for Christmas. He had already purchased and given me a Cricut Expression with the Plantin Schoolbook cart, 8 additional cartridges, a Jukebox, a full set of Cricut pens, 12x24 Cricut mats, eight 12x12 DCWV paper stacks, a carry bag for my baby Cricut, Paper Studio rolling tote and several small scrapbook related items.

I stopped at Michael's on the way home from his mother's today and purchased ribbon and a couple of MS punches which were on clearance for a very good price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #114  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a Cricut Expression! I am signed up for the Cricut 101 class (at the ScrapShack in St. Charles, IL) next Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #115  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizzyImpView Post
I got a Cuttlebug (hurray!) and some Nestabilities and an alphabet die - I was SOOOO spoilt!

We did have snow over here in the UK - about 9 inches last week, but it is opouring down now and the rain has washed all the snow away - still, I'm sure we will get a hosepipe ban in the summer, as usual...
You are sure to love your Cuttlebug. I always have fun with mine, and it really got me into coming up with all sorts of ideas for cards that I never had before. My favorite things are the embossing folders, and the Olivia alphabet. Hope you have fun. What is a hosepipe ban? Happy New Year!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

A Scor-Pal YAY, a gift card from Michael's, a coupon book for LSS - all from my husband!! and a set of clear stamps from my SIL! Plus lots of non-crafting goodies too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #117  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamiltonGalView Post
A Scor-Pal YAY, a gift card from Michael's, a coupon book for LSS - all from my husband!! and a set of clear stamps from my SIL! Plus lots of non-crafting goodies too!!
You're sure to enjoy the Scor Pal. I got myself one at The Memory Keeper's garage sale in November. Love using it. Gave myself a Create for Christmas, but got no card making stuff from anyone else. Still, a good Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #118  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What I got for Christmas 2009.

Snow! lots of it. Good for playing in. But! not for driving.

2 Joanne Fabric and Crafts Gift Cards $40.00 each

1 Sewing Machine. Brother

6 pairs of Cool Socks.

1 $50.00 Gift card to Red Lobster

2 pair of Earrings

2 blouses.

And Time with my Family and Friends.

It was a good one.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2stamp2View Post
no stamping goodies, but I got a car starter. no more going out in minus weather to start the car.
This was one of nicest gifts my husband ever got me-I use it all the time in the cold Minnesota weather. I know you will love it. My gift this year was a new computer. In my stocking I received 'Winter' wiper blades for my car which are working out great, no streaking or areas not wiped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #120  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post

I buy little bits throughout the year and put them in a bag in OH study then he just has to wrap them and put them in my stocking and by christmas day i have forgotten what i had got ,so we both have stockings to open on xmas day! xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes