Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this information is very useful for me. Thanks so much. Does anyone sell their cards online? Etsy, Shop Handmade, etc.? Any pros and cons?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caitlyn JordanView Post
I was reminded about my Grandpa too!

He always used to say "Don't loan (or leave) anything you can't afford to give away. If it is returned (or still there) than trust is earned, and if it isn't you aren't out anything you were not willing to loose." It is a trade off: you are betting that item (given or left) that another person or people are trust worthy. We hope that they are, but if we are wrong we risk loosing the item we bet. I think of it often and it reminds me not to get worked up over somethings. I could have prevented it if I had not trusted, but it is not that persons fault that I was too trusting (they obviously could not resist). I still usually trust, but it helps me keep my head when it doesn't work out the way I hope.
Caitlyn, that is such a good way to look at it! I'm able to shake my head & laugh about it now - I guess in a roundabout way it's a compliment that someone liked it so much LOL

I did my figuring in just the same way you did! Not a math geek but I did all dividing etc. & kept a list for reference.

To the person who asked about Etsy, I don't personally have any experience with that, but I did a google search the other night & there were mixed reviews.

In future, I think I might just shoot a quick photo of my stuff & print them out on a flyer on my hubby's printer - keep the cards in my locker & if anyone wants to see one, I can take it from there I'm not really out to make money, I enjoy making the cards & wouldn't mind just getting my supply $ back, really. Gotta support my habit

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

Jen, that is so nasty of whoever it was who took the cards! >:( I mean it's good (;)) that they liked it so much they just had to take it, but that's stealing and one doesn't just steal diamonds and cars because they like it and certainly it is not right! I hope you get some luck with future sales though and that might be a great idea! Back in an old workplace we used to have baskets of chocolate frogs and you make a gold coin donation (which was either $1 or $2) to have one, and the little envelope gets filled up pretty quick! It just makes me sad that people can't have more integrity T_T

I just started selling in Etsy (waiting on me first sale lol).. I don't necessarily like how the people who are behind the site are running it now but it's a good avenue to reach more people. They do take a 3.5% cut if you make a sale, and it is 20 cents to list an item. I price my cards for $6 each because I like to put lots of stuff on them lol and a lot of my supplies I have to import from the US... Even my Big Shot machine lmao
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

I think you are selling yourselves waaaaaay to short. Just done a currency conversion thingy and $2.50 is equal to �1.53 sterling, which is ridiculously cheap for an individually hand crafted work of art. �1.53 wouldn't buy you a cheap supermarket mass produced card worthy of having a stamp put on it ( Oh! an unintentional pun there!) in the UK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Hey, just an update - when I went in to work yesterday, there was an envelope in my mailbox with $3.50 in it! One of the nursing instructors who brings clinical groups to my unit had left the money for the card She had a note on the envelope that she'd missed seeing me before I left the other night to pay me. So it's all good! My faith in human nature is restored Thanks for all the support, ladies!!

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

Jen: Woo! That is SO GREAT to hear!!!!! LOL faith in human nature also restored ;)!! I'm so glad for you!

anniebygaslight: I think artisans and crafters alike are very prone to undercharging for their work, which is a huge shame considering the amount of love, thought and effort put into each and every piece that isn't just made by the millions using a printing machine. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caitlyn JordanView Post
Be a math geek
Paper cost can be divided down to per page. Then you can divide that down to 1/4 page or 1/16th ( 4 pieces to every quarter). If I use small pieces of paper of similar cost( say 4 small pieces), you could visually see that together they equal 1/8th (2/16 or a 2.75" by 4.25") and account for it in that way. Embellishments could be relatively easily calculated ( 2$ for 100 brads equal out to 2 cents/brad). Glue can be calculated by cost/ inch if using roller adhesive. For example, I get the pink atg refills for 6.42 after taxes with a 40% off coupon. By dividing that down, I know that a foot of adhesive is about 3 cents so 4" is about 1 cent. Sounds really cheap but figure to secure a 4.24" by 5.5" mat you will use approximately 14 inches of adhesive (one strip on each side). You only really need to get the math done once, and store for reference. After you get all the actual cost done, you can move to the non quantifiable costs such as a dot of white glue that is only 1$ for the bottle, or ink from ink pad, ext. For those types of things you could just add say 2-5 cents depending on the card and how much of each product was used.

I personally really wouldn't worry too much about usage of tools such as die cuts and emboss machine, but you could if you wanted to. You could either toss those into consideration for the non-quantifiable or do the long math on it. The cost of the machine stretched out over its useful life, and divided by how many cards/products could be/ would be made during that life expectancy. Then divided down to how many times or in what amounts were used for that specific card.

It sounds long and complicated, but really isn't bad. I personally love figuring out things like that. I do agree comparing the cost you would like to charge against similar mass produced cards/products to make sure your price is in line with the competition.
Thx SO MUCH for the feedback. I get it; you want me to work for a #! Too cute!

But there's a reason my degree is in English! Hint: it has something to do with NOT being a math geek. :rolleyes: ROFL Maybe you're far more diligent about such things, or maybe you're just plain smarter than I am. Oh, I got it, maybe I could just cheat off your test, and you could tell me the answer? LOL

Thanks again for your reply. I really do appreciate the input. I know it can be done, but, gee, it's so much more fun just to make the cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
I know it can be done, but, gee, it's so much more fun just to make the cards.
LOL! I totally hear ya!! I have a science degree and am pretty geeky by default but OH lordy, when I think of having to divide up a yard of lace/twine/etc by the inches I used for a card, or the % of a piece of patterned paper, I can feel this wave of nausea coming over me.... :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Jen, I'm glad you got paid for your card! Thanks for updating us!
My A Muse Studio Webstore Senior Associate #1114
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

That's wonderful you got paid for your card! I just love stories with happy endings - lol! Thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephinkaView Post
LOL! I totally hear ya!! I have a science degree and am pretty geeky by default but OH lordy, when I think of having to divide up a yard of lace/twine/etc by the inches I used for a card, or the % of a piece of patterned paper, I can feel this wave of nausea coming over me.... :oops:
LOL - See?? I'm not the only one! Way to much easier to say, "Like it? Take it!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniebygaslightView Post
I think you are selling yourselves waaaaaay to short. Just done a currency conversion thingy and $2.50 is equal to �1.53 sterling, which is ridiculously cheap for an individually hand crafted work of art. �1.53 wouldn't buy you a cheap supermarket mass produced card worthy of having a stamp put on it ( Oh! an unintentional pun there!) in the UK.
TBH honest they probably aren't - much like The Gap puts the same numbers on the clothes in the US and UK and you either pay Dollars or Pounds depending on which country you're in.

I used to live in the UK and honestly if I charged �3/card I would probably only get $3 for the same card in my part of the US or to be completely honest less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

My hubby came home one night after forgetting to put the basket of cards and cash away before he left...someone stole the basket of approx 100 cards and the Cash ($75.00 or so) the whole thing was gone...no clues nothing...needless to say...he never forgot to put it away again...HUGE lesson learned...The basket nor the cards and cash never turned up....I just figured someone must need that cash badly to steal from a co-worker.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #54  
Embossing Fanatic

Aw Amber that is such a bad thing to have happened :( I hope karma bit in the bum really hard whoever it was who took it. >:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

Amber so sorry, it really does give your faith in others a kick when things like this happen. You would like to think that your co-workers were honest and caring enough to you to not do this, but unfortunately we don't always know them/or their situations as well as we think we do. I hope that when the incident got around the office that the person would think twice before doing it the next time. I'm sure most people that work together would be happy to help the person in need if they knew about it, if they had only asked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #56  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
Thx SO MUCH for the feedback. I get it; you want me to work for a #! Too cute!

But there's a reason my degree is in English! Hint: it has something to do with NOT being a math geek. :rolleyes: ROFL Maybe you're far more diligent about such things, or maybe you're just plain smarter than I am. Oh, I got it, maybe I could just cheat off your test, and you could tell me the answer? LOL

Thanks again for your reply. I really do appreciate the input. I know it can be done, but, gee, it's so much more fun just to make the cards.
LOL. Again, math geek!

I really like boaring simple math like that.... for some reason I find the logic of it calming......Yep, by the way, I am crazy!

Nothing to do with smarter or anything, just how I like to get rid of a little stress. Actually, thinking of designs and the creative part are harder for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a few "well-chosen" customers (no craft fairs and the like). I charge $5.00 but I spend a lot of time with Copics, embellishments, layers of paper, use my Slice for a recipient's name etc., always do the inside and decorate an envelope to match. She orders, lets me know she wants a b'day card for her sister & I make them to order. No duplicates. I always make just one of a kind. I'm not getting rich but I'm doing what I love doing and don't look at it as work. I even look for stamp sets that would be perfect for a specific customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #58  
Kookie Creator

Great thread!! Was gonna try and sell some of my cards at work to co-workers that I've given them to for birthdays, sympathy occassions, etc...I DO put a lot of time into making them...(maybe I'm too picky??!!) but was gonna ask $2.50 for the card (A2 size) and include an envelope. Felt that would be a fair price. For those with more embellishments, ribbons, etc. I was thinking $3, although I try to add some type of 'bling' to each card..even if it's a couple brads, ribbon, lace, and so forth.

We'll see how it goes...I am SO critical of my work, but every card I've given someone they always comment that "you should sell your cards"..so gonna give it a try. Wish me luck!!

p.s. I figure you can buy cards for $1 and there are some very nice ones...so $2.50 for a handmade card with envelope seems fair...can bump up the price if I see they're selling is the way I look at it.

Take care all...have a great "card-making" day!! Cya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnneyView Post
Great thread!! Was gonna try and sell some of my cards at work to co-workers that I've given them to for birthdays, sympathy occassions, etc...I DO put a lot of time into making them...(maybe I'm too picky??!!) but was gonna ask $2.50 for the card (A2 size) and include an envelope. Felt that would be a fair price. For those with more embellishments, ribbons, etc. I was thinking $3, although I try to add some type of 'bling' to each card..even if it's a couple brads, ribbon, lace, and so forth.

We'll see how it goes...I am SO critical of my work, but every card I've given someone they always comment that "you should sell your cards"..so gonna give it a try. Wish me luck!!

p.s. I figure you can buy cards for $1 and there are some very nice ones...so $2.50 for a handmade card with envelope seems fair...can bump up the price if I see they're selling is the way I look at it.

Take care all...have a great "card-making" day!! Cya
I would START with a $3 price. If they are not moving, you can drop the price. I think it's hard to raise it once people are used to paying a lower price. You'll be surprised.....your customers probably won't hesitate to pay $3 for a work of art.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Thanks "Nancystamps"...I'll do that..$3 which includes the envelope. Sounds FAIR to me and like you said...better to drop the price if NOT moving, than to raise it if they ARE doing well...

Appreciate your help as well. Off to make some cards ....I'll keep ya posted on how they do...

I'm not out to make any BIG $$ really cuz I'll continue to make them regardless, but just to have them sit there I figured why not try selling a few and see how I do, and who knows...maybe I'll become a millionaire and can RETIRE after almost 34 yrs. now at my current job...hahaha

Take care....have a great day ALL...SCS is SO awesome!! Such nice people, with SO much talent and inspiration, and very helpful to those just getting started...I sure DO appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a really interesting thread....

To the OP, I am sorry your cards were stolen. So glad you did eventually get paid though!

This has happened to me too, except I didn't get reimbursed. For awhile, I had mine at a very upscale boutique. Late one afternoon I took in a new batch and organized all the cards before leaving. I went back early the next morning to get one for myself. I was amazed at all the cards that were gone, and in such a short time! I was thinking "Yay for me!" Well, when it came time to get paid, there was no record of those cards being sold. After collecting what I was owed for the cards that had been recorded as sold, I took them out of the boutique. The kicker was that the owner still took her commission out of the sold cards and I was left high and dry on the cards that were stolen! The whole thing was so frustrating because it really looked like an inside job...whoever took the cards looked through them and selected the ones they wanted. It wasn't a "grab and dash" type of theft. I know this because I had just arranged them all late the afternoon before. I wish I would have done a bit more homework before I left them as I found out the owner had a less than sterling reputation. In fact, she is not respected at all.... Live and learn I guess....

Anyway, good luck to you!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo

Last edited by monkeymama; 05-04-2011 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Just a curious question. Many of you sell your cards in stores and at fairs, etc. When you're talking about pricing, you say it includes the envelope. I don't understand why you talk about the envelope separately? I can't imagine selling a card with the envelope included. The envelope is part of the card.

When I make a set of cards for someone (I don't sell my handmade cards), of course each one has a coordinating envelope.

Don't you always sell or give your cards away including the envelope?

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
Just a curious question. Many of you sell your cards in stores and at fairs, etc. When you're talking about pricing, you say it includes the envelope. I don't understand why you talk about the envelope separately? I can't imagine selling a card with the envelope included. The envelope is part of the card.

When I make a set of cards for someone (I don't sell my handmade cards), of course each one has a coordinating envelope.

Don't you always sell or give your cards away including the envelope?

Patti
??? You said "you can't imagine selling a card WITH the envelope included" above, but than said your cards have a coordinating envelope...???

I don't know if others include envelopes as I wasn't able to read thru all the posts..just said "I" will include an envelope...but they are just plain white, as I don't have the time to co-ordinate each envelope is all. Not sure if others sell them without an envelope...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

My aunt wanted simple birthday, anniversary, and thinking of you cards. Very plain. I really wanted to jazz them up but she sends them overseas. I charged her $1.50 each. Friends have said to sell them but I have found out in our area no one wants to buy handmade cards! They will buy gift tags and bookmarkers but not cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am over the theft of my cards and cash...lesson learned. I package all mine in a clear envelope with a white or ivory mailing envelope..which ever is warranted. I am very happy with $3.00 per card and never have trouble selling them. The bookstore at my church sold $382.00 worth of cards this last Sunday. I donate all the cards for a tax write off and all the proceeds go into our building fund. I like to be busy making cards so this is all good. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #66  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbszmydView Post
A couple friends at work want to buy cards from me, but I don't know what to ask for them. Don't want to make them too "cheap" but don't want to de-value myself either.

I don't know how to figure out what to charge for a card. When I (very obsessively) added up what the supplies cost me to make the card, I figured out it cost me about $1.25 in supplies.

Is $2.50 too much for a hand-made card, or am I shorting myself? $3.00? I don't know what people are willing to pay for hand-made cards.

Thanks for any input!!
The lady that runs the shop when I go sells her hand made stamped cards for $3.00 each and they sell very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

I sell them for $5 in my Etsy shop. I've sold about 300 at that price, so people are willing to buy them at that price. Now what I don't know is whether I would sell a lot more if they were less. It's hard to say without actually trying it. Remember that your time is worth something as well.
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I say go for the $3 at least. There are always going to be people who think that is too high because they just don't appreciate the art. However, there are also those who do, and they will think that is a bargain. I have a stamp club where I design the cards and prepare the supplies, and then the attendees make the cards. I charge $2 per card, and they are telling me I should charge more, and that's when THEY are doing the work of making the card!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #69  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Personally, I can't see how anyone would pay $5 or more for a handmade card no matter how much embellishment was on it. Remember they are cards and should be able to be put in a regular envelopment. You don't want people to purchase a card only to find out they can't put it in a regular envelope and use normal postage. To me that's not fair and deceiving to the buyer.

I also think you have to price the card to what people will pay in your area. I doubt that at a smaller Craft Fair that a person is going to purchase a card for $5-7 or more. People are just not looking to spend that much.

Keep the embellishments to a reasonable amount. You don't have to have everything on one card. Remember it's just a card, it's not the present.

Patti
Oh yes I do!:p
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

I started making jewelry over 25 years ago. A few friends and co-workers would like a necklace or pair of earrings they saw me wear and ask me to make one for them. I usually asked for the cost of the materials I used, or just gave it as a gift. After a few years of people telling me I should sell my work I tried some craft shows. They were a lot of trouble, and I didn't usually take in much more than the cost of the table. A few years ago I asked some store owners if they would be interested in selling my work on consignment and found one where we agreed on all the details. I started selling there about three years ago. At first I just doubled the cost of my materials and the store kept 30%, which meant I was only about breaking even. I started marking them up higher, so that my profit after I deducted expenses was about the same as the profit the store was making on them. Why should the one creating the jewelry get less than the one selling it? I also gradually increased the quality and price of the stones I was using. At first the store owner doubted she could sell anything much over $30. Eventually she ended up selling some of my pieces for as much as $350. I kind of developed a "fan base", and a number of women bought several necklaces, one even has 20!

I can't make the jewelry any longer because of the nerve damage in my hands (can't hold onto the little round beads for one thing). I've started making cards because I have to have a creative outlet. When the store owner saw my cards she asked if she could carry them. I debated over what to charge. Hallmark has no problem selling their cards for 5.95 or 6.95 and mine are one of a kind. I don't want to figure out the cost for every card like I did for my jewelry, and I wanted to keep it simple. I decided on $8 a card, regardless of the size or embellishment. There hasn't seemed to be a problem with the price, one customer who was there when I brought them in took one before they were even put into inventory and on the shelf. There are people willing to pay a reasonable price for something handmade, beautiful and unique.

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Subbing. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #72  
Mad Swapper

What a great discussion. Like someone else said, I haven't sold my cards because I made them for fun (and therapy) and definitely don't need another job - the one I have is stressful enough (I investigate nursing home complaints). My cards area crazy loaded with layers, embellishments, etc. I also like to make "sets" - a card with a gift that coordinates. It's nearly impossible to mail this stuff. When I give them away, I usually mail them with a gift so they go in a box, or I hand deliver them.

I have toyed really seriously with starting an Etsy shop. But, of course, especially with my heavily loaded cards, shipping is an issue. I'm on the lookout for a nice card-size box for the buyer to use to mail my cards in. Does that make sense? Instead of an accompanying envelope, it would be a coordinating box.

I plan to price my cards at $5.00 or more. A lot of you have said you price your cards based on what they'll sell for. I price them on how valuable they are to me. I guess I don't really have to sell them, so if they don't sell at the price I put them at, I'll just keep them. ;)
Attached Thumbnails
What to charge for a card??-ensemble8.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Personally, I can't see how anyone would pay $5 or more for a handmade card no matter how much embellishment was on it. Remember they are cards and should be able to be put in a regular envelopment. You don't want people to purchase a card only to find out they can't put it in a regular envelope and use normal postage. To me that's not fair and deceiving to the buyer.

I also think you have to price the card to what people will pay in your area. I doubt that at a smaller Craft Fair that a person is going to purchase a card for $5-7 or more. People are just not looking to spend that much.

Keep the embellishments to a reasonable amount. You don't have to have everything on one card. Remember it's just a card, it's not the present.

Patti
Patti - Good point - None of my cards fit in an envelope. So, if I sell them, I should put a caveat to the buyer - buyer beware, you will have to pay out the wazoo to ship this.

I guess I'm a different critter because I don't make them to sell, I make them for fun and then sell them (possibly). Some cards, seriously, take me two days to make because I get a little overboard, try techniques, etc. They're worth at least $5 or more or to me. And, I guess I do consider them 'the present" after so much effort. I want them to go to people who appreciate the effort and will give them a good home. I know, I'm weird.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

I sell mine for $2.50. I put them in my DIL's shop and I wanted to come down to $2.00 but she said NO..$2.50 is very reasonable compared to Hallmark cards. I sell alot. One week I made $112.:p
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

StickUps......I don't sell the cards I create either. I make cards as gifts for people or just because, be it single or in sets.

My comments were just based on reading what others have said. Also what I feel I think of handmade cards I see in some small shops around my town. No, since I create cards, I would never purchase a handmade card that someone else made. To me that wouldn't make any sense.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I sell depending on the customer. $5 for most people. My friends usually get them for free. Or maybe $3 if they are insistent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't tried to sell any cards. I'm new to stamping, and I couldn't imagine that anyone would actually want to buy something that I've made. I put pictures of all my cards on my facebook for my own reference (If I give a card away that I really liked, I can make it again). It also gives me an easy way to see my own progression in my skills. I have had people tell me that I should sell them, but no one has ever asked to buy one. I'm a teacher, so I guess I could put them in a basket in the teacher workroom next year so people could look at them in person and see how that goes.

Thanks for all the information! Soooo helpful!!
Reply With Quote Likes