Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What additional benefits will I get for hosting a party during SAB time?

I just booked a party thru one of my demos on Feb 2nd. What will I be getting in addition to hostess level 1 or 2 or 3 and free merchandise credit? Just wondering.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

for every $50 *you* spend you will get a sell-a-bration set for free...and for every $300 of your workshop orders you will get an additional sell-a-bration set!! great time to host a workshop!!!

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's also a traditionally higher sales time ('cause everybody wants at least one freebie SAB set) so you party totals may be higher than normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't even thought about SAB when I asked my demo for a party. I invited 25 gals and 21 are coming! :shock: Thank goodness my parents are willing to let me use their house for the party, my house is tad bit too small.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestermann
I haven't even thought about SAB when I asked my demo for a party. I invited 25 gals and 21 are coming! :shock: Thank goodness my parents are willing to let me use their house for the party, my house is tad bit too small.
Dang! Great turnout.

Wishing you most excellent party totals and tons of freebies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I've been a SU customer for a few years and introduced a friend who scrapbooked to the company. Now she has become a demo so I said I'd host my first party for her. It is on Feb 3rd. Any ideas that I can do as a hostess to help?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAvon
I've been a SU customer for a few years and introduced a friend who scrapbooked to the company. Now she has become a demo so I said I'd host my first party for her. It is on Feb 3rd. Any ideas that I can do as a hostess to help?

Thanks!

I would say, get a definite head count to her ASAP! If your guests aren't responding, call them and ask them if they can attend. I don't think non-demos realize the extent of prep required. For every make & take, she has to cut all the paper, ribbon, etc, as well as figuring out any other accessories. It is fun but it does take both time and money!

I've found that if you call your expected guests the day before the event to remind them, they are more likely to actually show up. There always seem to be a few people that say they'll be there, then mysteriously forget about it!
Good luck; don't forget it's sell-a-bration time too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAvon

Thanks!
I would also show your catalog and any cards you have made with SU products around to anyone who will look! lol You might be able to get outside orders!! That brings your total up even more which means more SAB sets for YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Just an update ....
There were 9 of us without my demo and her friend at my 1st party. It was a lot of fun and everybody really seemed to enjoy themselves! It was almost an $1000 party so that's great for my demo. And for me with all the free stuff!!

Thanks for you ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Wow Judy that is excellent, go on then what did you get free (curious as i live in UK and they will be coming to UK this year and i am definitely going to sign up to be a demo)?

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

There are great benefits of hosting a party during SAB. I hosted a party last friday (2/09) and so far my total sales are at $1,203.00. This gives me 4 SAB sets + 3 hostess sets and $167.95 in free merchandise. AND I still have 2 or 3 orders that are being given to me tomorrow so that means my totals will go up - YYIIIPPPEEEEE! I can hardly wait to get all the free goodies!:-D

~Chrissie~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #12  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely host a party during SAB if you possibly can. I am having record workshop totals ($700-1,000), like double my usual totals, which means my hostesses are earning enormous amounts of free sets and free merchandise.

Sellabration ROCKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillybird
Wow Judy that is excellent, go on then what did you get free (curious as i live in UK and they will be coming to UK this year and i am definitely going to sign up to be a demo)?

I was able to get three Sell-a-bration sets (one for each $300) and three hostess sets. I actually have all of this year's Sell-a-brtion sets since I am in a marker club Jan - April with my demo and because of that we all earn some more. For the hostess sets, I chose Riveting, Tags So Much, and Basket Full of Fun. With the marker club, my month to be hostess was Jan and at that time I got The World Over.

Then with my free spending money, I am getting one of the Hodgepodge Hardware sets, a punch for the inside of the Riveting set, some paper and ink to do a brag book, a paper holder, two background stamps: Canvas and On the Spot, one stamp set: Lovely As a Tree, a few things of adhesive and some hemp twine.

But most of all, it was a good time. It happened to be a three-day weekend from school so some of the ladies I had invited had plans to go away. The group was a good size and everyone had a fabulous few hours out!!!

How exciting for you to have SU finally coming to the UK. What companies do you use there now?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Well now that is a difficult question, cause at the moment I am in love with Stampin Up stuff and have to buy on ebay if I can, and the prices don't get to ridiculous!!! I have also managed to get stuff on buy/sell, but apart from that, I like the Kolette Hall stamps, can get some of them here but I have a couple of brilliant new friends off this site who have been great and one has already sent me some and the other is in process of (i pay for the stamps and postage) but their help has been absolutely fantastic, so thanks girls if you read this!!! I do like Hero Arts but again the prices over here are extortionate, I love all the stamping companies in the States (and for us in UK the prices that are charged in the US are unbelievable, so cheap).

I am currently in love with the Bellas as well and the lovely Emily posts to the uk and is fabulous.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Forgot to say, wow you did get a lot, how absolutely fantastic for you, well done on such a great party, and it definitely sounds like you had lots of fun

Reply With Quote Likes