Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, AWESOME, I found the stamp set I wanted to use for Christmas cards!!!

OY!!!!!!!!! I was looking EVERYWHERE for my SU Peaceful Wishes stamp set. I had it in my head that no other stamp set would do. Ended up ordering photo cards I was so annoyed about it, LOL.

Today I went looking for a set to do thank you cards and wouldn't you know, I FOUND IT.

Of course.

And to top it off? I now can't find the Thank you set I wanted to use!!! The sad thing is there are only 3 spots they are all stored in - 2 drawers and a basket. The set I found was under my wheel storage boxes, I apparently did not think they would be under there and assumed it was all wheel stuff. I haven't a clue where this thank you set could be, I pulled everything out after finding the Christmas set.

Argh - I am actually going to use the Peaceful Wishes set now for holiday thank you notes I am so happy (mixed with annoyance just a bit) that I am insistent on using it, LOL. I figure pine boughs and pine cones are fine to use - !

Tell me I am not alone?! Tell me you find stuff AFTER THE FACT all the time - ?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #2  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are so not alone. Sadly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

you are not alone. Actually, I am HOPING to truly join this club since I can't find the ribbon I ordered back in OCTOBER to use on Christmas cards! After requesting multiple samples from Ribbon Retreat I finally found what I thought was a perfect match to SU's Cherry Cobbler in a Satin and in 1/4" grosgrain.

I ordered two different sizes of satin ( 5 yards each ) and 5 yards of the grosgrain. It arrived; I remember looking at it; comparing it to my card stock with glee.....and never could find it when I went to make my Christmas cards. I thought of one other place to look ( tomorrow ) and really hope I find it. I can still use it on some Valentine's cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Sadly, no you are not alone. :( It always makes me tidy up though. And lo and behold.... Not always in time for what I want, but at least I know I am NOT losing my marbles!! ;)

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Today I cleaned up my area to get ready to make some of the Tim Holtz tags. But now I can't find my embossing folder to make the boards for the house. This drives me nuts that I misplace things all the time. I have to learn to put everything back in its place.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Nope, you are not alone. Sad thing for me is, I can find any thing... UNLESS someone else moves it. I have a sick knack for finding anything in the house as long as I have a general idea of where it should be (read: either where it goes or where I last put it) The moment someone tries to help me put stuff away, I can't find anything. Luckily, DH knowa better than to touch the craft stuff. So this usually ends up happening to me with house hold things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

That's happened to me many times. Honestly, though, I would have used another set for my cards. I wouldn't have let that ruin my stamping experience. I make several designs anyway, so I use different stamps/sets. I'm glad you found your set. It can be very frustrating to know you have something but not be able to find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

i can lose things while sitting in my crafting chair at my crafting desk ! never got up but the stamp or whatever is GONE! gremlins take it i guess.

i also find that when i get the urge to "clean house" i cant find something that i never used, but had to have and now want to use it and only can remember where it WAS before i rearranged. acckkkkk

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I lost my "Sister" "in" "Law" Kitchen sink stamps for 3 months. I looked everywhere for them to use again on my Christmas cards. I had gotten to the point where I was about to send an e-mail to ask if I could purchase those three stamps only and they just appeared out of no where - I don't even know from where. I have no pets and my children wouldn't have moved them so I'm at a loss of how they just "appeared".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I totally understand. I bought a set of stamps with coordinating DP when SU was having their special. Was so excited to use them for my Christmas card. Still haven't found the DP and have searched all over. When it does show up I guess I can get started on next year's cards. Sadly I do this often and no one but me touches the things in my crafting area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugsy1View Post
i can lose things while sitting in my crafting chair at my crafting desk ! never got up but the stamp or whatever is GONE! gremlins take it i guess.

i also find that when i get the urge to "clean house" i cant find something that i never used, but had to have and now want to use it and only can remember where it WAS before i rearranged. acckkkkk
I do this! It makes me crazy to know I have something and can't remember where I moved it to!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

after i read this thread, i decided to rearrange things.....i should have taken a before pix and posted it here so when i cant find something i can refer back to this thread !! too late now ! patience...not a virtue i possess.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I absolutely HATE to look for things! If I can't find something first off, I get instantly frustrated. My sets are alphabetical, but do you think I could find the set I wanted the other night? Of course not! No one else bothers my stamping things, so I know it was me, which is probably even more frustrating!
It is good to know that I'm not the only one that does these things, though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Glad to read that only because I had the same thing happen with my Glue Glider. Looked everywhere for it and can't find it. How the heck can you lose something that big?!! I'll find it in some wierd place when I'm not looking for it but in the meantime, I bought the pink ATG.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I still haven't found one of the word sets I wanted to use at Christmas. Even my friend who helps with the hunt couldn't turn it up. Maybe by next year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #16  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 856 Likes on 282 Posts

This stuff happens to me all the time. I'm constantly on the look for something I need now. Never-mind that I knew exactly where it was two days ago when I didn't need it ;)

I think the biggest thing that got me though was my missing SU markers and two SU circle punches. They disappeared somewhere during our move in July 2009. I looked and looked and looked even went through the garage just in case the box had been mislabeled all to no avail.

Finally, just before Thanksgiving I ordered new markers. It was just too frustrating not having them. Right after they were delivered I was looking for something else and noticed a smallish box up on a shelf (in the general household storage part of my studio) that said "Studio". I was thinking how odd it was because I didn't recall seeing it there before. I took it down thinking maybe in my holiday frenzy I had just put a box up there to get it out of my way but when I took it down it was still sealed. I opened it up and there they were! My beautiful SU markers and punches. I've decided I'm going to use the old ones for classes and such and the new ones for my personal use. I'm really glad I didn't replace the punches...That would have really peeved me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

This happens to me more often than I care to admit. Sure fire way to find lost items? Buy a non-returnable replacement. Makes me crazy! ;)

Ren�e

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found the cute First Christmas together cards I stamped for 2 newly married friends! I might just send them anyway and add a Happy New Year greeting on the inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

You are so totaly not alone!! Everything I put down vanishes for at least a week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

It's the "Black Hole Syndrome". Everyone has one...things just fall into it and you can't find the ONE thing your looking for no matter what. Sometimes it will let it out so you can use it, other time you never will, like my daughter's pink coat from 17 years ago.

Anyway, it happens to everyone and I really don't know if there is a cure, unless you are a neat freak and are there any neat card makers? IF so, don't tell me.
Reply With Quote Likes