Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Very Happy with PTI

I have been a long-time customer of Papertrey Ink, and have never had a problem. I'm posting this because I'm tired of always seeing the "Frustrated with PTI" thread pop up and I think it is unfair to stampers who may want to order from PTI, but hesitate because of that very thread. Surely there are other PTI fans here who feel the same way I do.

Their products are superb, the design team is first-rate, and their web site is amazing. I'll admit there were a few bugs to work out with the site when PTI changed over, but now I love it, and find it so easy to navigate. Products are cross-referenced; you can shop by color if you so choose. I was so familiar with the old site that it took me a little while to get used to the new one. But now I love it - makes my shopping experience much easier and much more fun.

Shipping times have vastly improved especially during release time. This year, I have always received my packages in 5-6 days.

Customer service has greatly improved. I have posted questions on the forum, and have received responses very quickly. Rick, the site administrator, is always quick to assist.

The quality of the products and the thoughtfulness with which they're designed is what keeps me a faithful customer. I feel like I get more bang for my buck because new releases coordinate with older sets; great care is taken to design their products with the stamper in mind. The design team styles range from clean and simple, to vintage, to graphic and everything in between. There is a separate thread where you can post requests for products you would like to have. And so many of those requests have been met.

Some people thought the design team started posting on the forum threads more often as a stop-gap measure when growing pains were experienced, and this may have been the case. But they are still there answering questions, offering suggestions, providing inspiration and coming up with ways to incorporate new products with the older ones. And I appreciate their presence there.

I'm sure there will still be some naysayers here, but it is my sincere hope that if you have wanted to try PTI products and have hesitated, that you will now give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to see a positive post about PTI.

I too get tired of the negative post. There are far to many other things that are way worst.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have looked at Papertrey Ink for a number or years. I have been ordering for about six months now! I love them! I love what I have gotten from them! I feel like I really get a great deal for my money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you see the free stamp set they're giving away with qualifying orders? It's super cute! I have a PTI cart that's full, but can't buy it all until after Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had a problem either! Thanks for a positive post. Their card stock and coordinating buttons and ribbons are must haves for me, LOVE them. And you are right, I find a lot of sets will mix well with older sets making them a good value. And coordinating dies are icing on the cake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Add me to the list of people who have never had an issue. I don't discount the feelings of those who have, but I have been pleased with their product and service that I have personally received.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I love PTI!!! I have ordered from them every month since 2010. I use exclusively the White, Cream and Kraft paper for my base cards. I love their matching dies and stamps. It is a great company!!! I look forward to ordering from them in 2013! Great job PTI and TEAM!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I've never had any problems either. I actually find their shipping pretty fast. I love their stamps... very high quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

No problems here, I love PTI products!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I am also glad you posted this message. I have been a PTI customer for the past year and order almost every month without a problem. The couple of times I've contacted customer service I've gotten a fast response and they've taken care of my problem. I believe that whatever issues they had in the past they have taken the necessary steps to resolve them. I love their product and I believe for the quality you get, they have better prices than any other company I've found. Also, the talent of Nichole and the Design Team is like no other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,040 Likes on 785 Posts

No problems here either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As I've said on many other threads, I order from PTI regularly and have had no problems. Like Sonya, I respect the feelings of those who have, and would never trivialize their frustration.

For my part, I hope I continue to get good service and fast delivery from PTI, because I love many of their stamp sets and I think their paper colors are exquisite. SU may win the prize when it comes to sheer range of CS colors (and I certainly order a lot of it), but PTI's colors are to my eye much more interesting. (And I would add Gina K in there also - really subtle and stunning colors)

I wanted something from the December release so much that I sat down on the 15th at 10:05 pm, just minutes after the release became available, and ordered it so that I wouldn't risk having it sell out and go on backorder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I too have never had a problem. I have ordered just about every month since they opened :oops: and have never had an issue or late or lost order. They have added or combined orders when I asked. A month or so ago I had to contact Customer Service (for something I screwed up) and received lightening fast responses and help.

I really think they are trying hard to overcome their past problems.
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedalPowerView Post
Add me to the list of people who have never had an issue. I don't discount the feelings of those who have, but I have been pleased with their product and service that I have personally received.
This is me too.

I love their card stock and matching items. Their stamps and coordinating dies are innovative and high quality.

I've ordered from them for several years and have never had any problems. When I've contacted CS about an issue/question, they've gotten back to me pretty quickly and helped with my questions. Sometimes their shipping is longer than I'd like, but I'm just impatient to get new toys. SU and other companies have taken just as long as PTI when I've ordered from them before too, especially after a mini is released, during a sale or during sab.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

I never had any issues with my orders either. I love, love their products! :p :p :p :p :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Count me in as a happy PTI customer, too! I am very new to stamping and have placed several orders via PTI over the past six months. Their shipping is fast. The quality of their products, especially their stamps is superb. I seem to only reach to their stamps recently and feel that I am getting my money's worth. I love the special way they pack your orders, a little touch that makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Did you see the free stamp set they're giving away with qualifying orders? It's super cute! I have a PTI cart that's full, but can't buy it all until after Christmas.
Yes, Mary Rose, I saw Funky Flowers. And it's on its way to me! I just can't resist flower stamps, funky or otherwise! I'm off next week and can't wait to play. Plus I have a couple of things from last month that haven't been touched because I've been in Christmas mode.

And thanks, everyone, for all the positive responses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

I want to add I've never had a problem either. Well, not a BIG problem. I find that the packs of heavyweight white and vintage cream card stock that I order are never exactly "square". It's weird, just so slightly off. When I line a piece up on my Tonic Guillotine cutter, you can see it's like 1/16 off square. Mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker for me.

Other than that I've ordered stamp sets and have no complaints, shipping times are about a week like many other online places I buy from, and I really like the quality and designs of their clear stamps. Like others I have said, I don't want to dismiss or ignore the problems others have dealt with; but for me, so far, I am happy to deal with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just rec'd my very first PTI item ever It is a face plate for a card and I ordered it last Tuesday, it was on my doorstep yesterday when I came home. I tried it out and loved it. It just goes to show that while quite a few people are on this board and we take advice of others on just about everything, when it comes to buying things we like, we buy them regardless. At least I do. I just happened to see this plate used on a card in the gallery and decided that I had to have it. I admit, I hesitated when I saw that it was from PTI given the reputation they have around here, but I decided to take a chance and lo and behold, everything went just fine. I am not a fan of clear stamps so I will probably not get stamps from them but if I see something else made by them that I like, I will probably buy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I love their stamps and their dies. Everytime I use them I am thrilled with the results. The stamp images are always sharp and crisp. I have, at times, been using "other" stamps and miss the quality that PTI has.

I have always been satisfied with them. I am not excusing the problems others have had and I hope that things were resolved for them

Bonnie K
Reply With Quote Likes