Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, that one is Sold Out now.
Joann does still have the full sized one on sale for $19.99. Their shipping is now normal fees, but I did a search for Joann Free Shipping, and found some codes that I hope will work this evening for $2.99 shipping. I'm not at home or I could enter those codes here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barneyView Post
Leslie, you can still buy wood stamps if you see one you really want. I'm slowly converting my wood stamps to foam. You can buy the foam on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Crafter's Companion EZ Mount Foam 1/8" Bulk

So how exactly are you loosening your rubber from the wood? Enquiring minds and all....
Joni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 03:46 AM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Put the wood stamp in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds and it peels off with a little pulling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, ok, guys, I heard you! My stamp positioner is in the mail as we speak! As are some oxide inks because I can't say no to a half-off sale.

Yes, I'm not sure what happened to my mojo a while back, then I moved and never really set up my new stamping room, then my job started taking a lot of my time. I'm having a bit of a hard time jumping back in, because I feel like I'm starting from scratch again with having to relearn everything. I look at some of my past cards and don't even know how I made them!! I need to find some good challenges and blogs, as well as visit some favorites threads and the gallery, to get inspired!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by barneyView Post
Put the wood stamp in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds and it peels off with a little pulling.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #46  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Ok, ok, guys, I heard you! My stamp positioner is in the mail as we speak! As are some oxide inks because I can't say no to a half-off sale.

Yes, I'm not sure what happened to my mojo a while back, then I moved and never really set up my new stamping room, then my job started taking a lot of my time. I'm having a bit of a hard time jumping back in, because I feel like I'm starting from scratch again with having to relearn everything. I look at some of my past cards and don't even know how I made them!! I need to find some good challenges and blogs, as well as visit some favorites threads and the gallery, to get inspired!

Where is the half price sale on oxide inks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

joann dot com I cannot find any shipping discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

You got me. I ordered some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Pointing you to Jennifer MaGuire for tutorial videos on Oxide Inks. I love Tim Holtz but Inthink Jennifer does a more thorough job. And apologies if this post shows twice, the server dropped me the first time mid-send...

Joni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #50  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

After a mostly five-year hiatus, I've been getting the itch to start stamping again. So I feel like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer after being gone for so long...so what have I missed? What are the hot new companies? What companies went away? (RIP Papercrafts Mag) What are the new owls? (or are owls still the new owls?) What are the best challenges out there? (I mean, *besides* all the awesome SCS ones--so excited that it's a VSN week this week!) Do I need a misti? What is a misti? Do you think my inks will work, and if not, what inks should I buy? Why do I have two different 12x12 scoring things? (Martha Stewart & Scorpal) Is Echo Park still making the cutest papers? And the eternal question...what's the best white cardstock?

GIVE ME ALL THE STAMPING GOSSIP.
Meg! You're back! We've missed you!!! (That would be Em and Ang and me, Lindsey!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2018, 06:14 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

I know many have suggested the Misti, and all my friends like it too, but if you have been away for 5 years, you may not be on the "unmounting" bandwagon. The Misti will not work with wood mounted stamps. I have all my stamps still mounted, and they will remain so as I prefer my stamps ready to go without hunting up a block, making sure it is on straight, testing it out. Mine are all mounted to be exactly as the index is, so the regular stamp positioner is the one for me. Something to consider if you have mostly wood mounted stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Just to let you know, Dina has a way of using wood block stamps in her Misti.... with Lego's! ;) You might ask her about it, or if anyone has a link to that post somewhere...... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Just to let you know, Dina has a way of using wood block stamps in her Misti.... with Lego's! ;) You might ask her about it, or if anyone has a link to that post somewhere...... ;)

I would really be interested in this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #54  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post

Here's the link to the thread:

Mounted Stamp MISTI hack... by dini at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Dini invented the Misti Corners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2018, 03:43 AM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

THANK YOU TeeGeeDee for finding the link! ;)

AND THANK YOU joniworx for telling us about Dina inventing the Misti Corners! I didn't know this! Just a tid-bit of information that makes me SMILE!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #57  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Owls are still in but not as hot. Unicorns are really in - especially rainbow unicorns & well, who doesn't love a glittery rainbow unicorn??!! Flamingos and pineapples have also been in as have all manner of sea creatures and sea-themed stamp and die sets including mermaids and mermans. Lots and lots of cute critters to choose from - just about any animal you can think of - but also lots of flowers from fuchsias to sweet peas to dahlias to roses. Shaker cards are super-popular as are all manner of interactive cards using dies to take the hard work out of it - anything from slider cards to box cards to pop-up elements on the card inside and even dies to create a slider element on your card front or pull-tab sentiments. I bought a die last year that creates a pop-up Christmas tree on the card inside! How amazing is that?!!

Alcohol inks have made a very big comeback and foiling is also hot. Gina K Designs has made toner sheets with beautiful designs that you can use as a focal point on your card or as a background & you simply add the foil on top and put it through your laminator or Minc machine. I think it is really such an exciting time in the cardmaking world
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #58  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

I just wanted to add that I have seen alot of space-themed cards and cardmakers have been making their own galaxy backgrounds which look so amazing. I personally have done some with Distress Inks, Distress Oxide Inks and just recently, alcohol inks on Yupo which was heaps of fun There are plenty of videos on You-Tube which show you how to make galaxy backgrounds and they are far easier than you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
I just wanted to add that I have seen alot of space-themed cards and cardmakers have been making their own galaxy backgrounds which look so amazing. I personally have done some with Distress Inks, Distress Oxide Inks and just recently, alcohol inks on Yupo which was heaps of fun There are plenty of videos on You-Tube which show you how to make galaxy backgrounds and they are far easier than you think.

We have a super one here too - Splitcoaststampers Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers because it's titled Outer Space rather than Galaxy I think people often overlook it. The way Francine used a glitter pen on it gives a fab result.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2018, 12:43 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I read this as Unfrozen Craftwoman who took a 45 year hiatus. I was like No, I don't think your inks will work, ROFL! I need sleep.

I am going to give you an expensive one. The Brother ScannCut. Game Changer for Stamping. You can scan your stamp images in the machine, and they cut them out for you. You can cut right at the line, add borders, make your own mats. Seriously, you could buy like 8 sets of die/stamp combo's or get this machine.

The trend theme I love so much is succulents. I love flowers but give me plants and I am a happy girl. I want the stamp companies to release even more plants.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

HI LINDSEY!!! AND EM!!! AND ANG!!!!

(You can see I got sidetracked again from crafting again...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #62  
Embossing Fanatic

I too took a break after my stamp club disbanded. I have one question...doesn't anyone use brads and eyelets anymore?

The enamel dots are pretty but when I try them they don't look right to me. Maybe two questions...is there a trick to placing enamel dots and avoid a busy look?

Thanks for letting me join the discussion. I am amazed by the stamp platform and so many dies. I feel like I have to relearn the entire craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitlmommaView Post
I too took a break after my stamp club disbanded. I have one question...doesn't anyone use brads and eyelets anymore?

The enamel dots are pretty but when I try them they don't look right to me. Maybe two questions...is there a trick to placing enamel dots and avoid a busy look?

Thanks for letting me join the discussion. I am amazed by the stamp platform and so many dies. I feel like I have to relearn the entire craft.

I had to laugh when I read your post because I agree - the enamel dots are pretty, but I have a hard time with placement. Ditto with sequins. What I do is look at cards others have made that I like where/how they placed the dots and try to mimic that on mine.

I still have A LOT of brads and eyelets and "snaps" (remember those? they look like brads but attach like eyelets). I plan to use them all, eventually... One other little tidbit: I wanted to add flower brads to a card that was already fully completed except for the brads (I thought about it too late), so I snipped the "legs" off and stuck them to the card with glue dots.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=gregzgurl;21685281 I snipped the "legs" off and stuck them to the card with glue dots.[/QUOTE]

That is genius!!! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Some stampers used the WRMK Letterpress as a stamping press before the Misti. I have two Misti�s and two Tim Holtz platforms and the small Tim one is the one I reach for the most - because of two open sides and sturdiness. But if I didn�t have it the Misti would be used more and enjoyed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #66  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitlmommaView Post

I use eyelets - well, one eyelet - at the top of some bookmarks for ribbon or string to go through. It just finishes of the hole.

For enamel dots try thinking in terms of wonky triangles, and often odd numbers - 3 or 5, for example. But it depends on where your focal point is, whether image or a sentiment.

Last edited by bjeans; 07-11-2018 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes