Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncle Sam is taking my stamping budget!

Hi all,

Big bummer...just got the usual bad news about our income taxes...boy, do I hate this time of year! We've got to pay in for state and federal..so there will be NO stamping money for quite some time...good thing, I just ordered Gina K.'s Stamptv kit and have the matching flower punches...maybe I'll be satisfied, with what I have, UNTIL the taxes are paid....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Bummer! I haven't done my taxes for just this reason! Although not doing them won't stop it from happening!! Luckily, I also placed a huge crafty (SU!) order a few weeks ago and haven't used any of it, so I can spread it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Ugh...sorry this is happening to you.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I know...it just bites...I had been putting it off, until I finally decided I better face the music and see what we'd be owing...the only good thing about it is--- that we owe less than last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really have to start on my taxes this weekend...we normally get a very large refund so I am not worried...I just hate doing the taxes..it is so much work.
Blessings....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I really have to start on my taxes this weekend...we normally get a very large refund so I am not worried...I just hate doing the taxes..it is so much work.
Blessings....
I need to do mine too! I always put it off...I could have my refund already..oh well...now to use the money for Vegas or for stamping, that will be the question (since I'm going to sign up to be a demo, yay).

And you could still stamp....maybe take the $$$ for your power bill, you could stamp by candlelight! Haha...j/k but that's about how addicted to stamping I am, haha. Stamping or power, I'd choose stamping...hahah....oh wait, then no computer for SCS...ouch didn't think of that:-) Hopefully you get a big refund next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #7  
ajm
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
Hi all,

Big bummer...just got the usual bad news about our income taxes...boy, do I hate this time of year! We've got to pay in for state and federal..so there will be NO stamping money for quite some time...good thing, I just ordered Gina K.'s Stamptv kit and have the matching flower punches...maybe I'll be satisfied, with what I have, UNTIL the taxes are paid....
Now's the time to be pro active for next year. Fill out a new W4 form with human resources. For example, I get 26 pay periods a year, so if I owed $100, I could have my tax withholding changed to take out an additional $4 per pay period and be much closer to zero next year. Take what you owe and divide by the number of pay periods you have left (as of now I think I have 18 left, yours may be different) and use that amount. If you're self employed, then the rules would be different, so keep that in mind.

Way back when the dinosaurs walked the earth, I learned the beauty of a pay as you go system is to come as close to zero as possible in my Accounting school. My personal best is owing $12.

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
Hi all,

I know how you feel. The difference this year is that we need to use our refund for a NEW ROOF! Big bucks :( Unfortunately that also means that this year will not be taking a family vacation again. That makes 3 years in a row.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #9  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,394 Likes on 523 Posts

Totally agree! Why give Uncle Sam a free loan?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry. I do LOVE your comment that you are glad you arleady got some orders in. I think I'm so negative about money I'd be MAD I did orders and then had to pay too, and I think it's great you see it as a positive.

Enjoy what you do have coming.

*no stamping dollars for me either for a while, for different reasons.*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Lucky ladies, I'm elated. I just sent my 07 taxes off to H & R Block, knowing I owe and a penalty to boot. doing 08's this weekend to send off Monday since I know I will owe this year too. And that's after I had 300 additional dollars taken out for taxes. It's been a rought two years. I am now supporting my adult handicapped child who can only find a job making minimum wage and working 20 hours a week. I don't mind that, but it really ticks me off that I don't get to take him as a dependent because he is not in school. He never works long enough at a job to get unemployment. Don't mind me. At least I'm still healthy enough to work, and I have taken steps for him to me taken care of when I die. Just never expected to have to do it while I was living. And he did get his high school diploma with no marketable skills. So much for No Child Left Behind. Opps. Don't get me started on that.
sam

sam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

if you have a disabled son who can't get disability soc sec cause can't or never worked
he can get S S I about 600.00/mo. and if he needs a caretaker u can be the provider
get paid thru COPES program. if nothing else the state should have to give him GAU
about 300.00/mo til he receives SSI. AND if they deny SSI first time, appeal, don't
get it hire attorney who knows how to beat soc sec denial. took my sister few yrs. cause she ONLY had mental health instead of physical health problems and judge ordered ALL back pay.
Reply With Quote Likes