Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcculloView Post
I had the same issue with my brother who does like your FIL. I made him a card this year. It was a black happy birthday stamped on a piece of folded notebook paper. He actually called me to ask what was up. I said the effort in making it was equal to the amount of time and appreciation he had for the last card I gave him. His wife, a cardmaker, was cracking up in the background and told him that it serves him right. She hate it when he ignores her work too.
What a fabulous come back! you are too clever!
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #122  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stamp for the back says "this card was hand made...if you throw it away, those same hands will make a doll in your image and stick pins in it's butt"... that being said, I don't really need it, it is a joke. I feel so blessed that everyone I make cards for at least seems to appreciate them. One year my brother-in-law thought that he had lost the birthday card I had made him. We were on a trip together and he couldn't find it. I told him it was OK, he would get another one next year. He said that he had saved every card I had ever made him and he didn't want to miss one! I was blown away! Well, we found it under the van seat so he was fine. My youngest son also has every card I have ever made him! And my husband's male cousin remembers and comments on all of the cards that I make him! It is amazing and very much appreciated. So I can't relate to those of you who have people who don't appreciate your time and talents, but I would say keep making the cards, you never know who is saving every one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #123  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by merryfView Post
I recently made a thank-you card for my boyfriend for a birthday present he gave me in May -- a pearl necklace. We're only together about 8 months and I totally didn't expect it. It was super-emotional because he wanted it to replace my original pearls (and earrings) that were lost/stolen in a move last year. So I made him a manly thank-you card (in my gallery) and wrote some things about how thoughtful he is and how much I appreciate him blah blah blah.... Well I'll never do that again.

He probably doesn't know how much time you spend on your cards. Make sure he knows. My husband didn't really appreciate it until I make his watch the kids while I craft. then I make sure he knows that I jsut spend 3 hours on 4 cards, or whatever. now he appreciates htem. make your guy spend time with you while you craft. He can read or do something else but I wouldn't recommend TV because you lose track of time while watching TV. Ask him his opinion of things you are trying out. He won't care, but he will see that you do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLewView Post
So I can't relate to those of you who have people who don't appreciate your time and talents, but I would say keep making the cards, you never know who is saving every one!!!

Well said. I have a DIL who is a real sweetheart, but known for being a very compulsive housecleaner and is always getting rid of stuff.

My stepson recently told me, "Did you know Karen has kept every card you ever sent to our house?"

It really touched me.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I put my name on the back of every card I make. If I think I may sell it or if someone may see it who might be interested in buying cards, I add my email. with the name on the back it is obvious that I made it. Perfect for those whose family members look for the price on the back. of course it soundsl ike some don't even get as far as looking at the back. I feel for you and wouldn't continue!

I also have a really old stamp from Inkadinkadoo that has a Hallmark-esque crown with hearts on the points that says 'when I care enough, I make it myself'. I'd use that if I make a card for someone who might not realize it is homemade. In the end, for me it comes down to "do not cast your pearls before swine"! WHile I do craft for me, I have better things to do than cater to people who don't appreciate the things I do. More power to you who can manage to do it anyways.

My mom is a beautiful seamstress. She recently made two Asian style dresses for daughters of her friend. the kids are half Japanese. She doesn't know them that well but saw the fabrics and hte pattern and thought of them. She made sure the mom liked the concept, measured the girls and made the dresses. she sews perfectly and rips out anything not perfect. She didn't like hte width of hte band at the bottom and spent hours jsut trying to decide how to change it. finally she ironed up and presented hte dresses. to date, the girls have not worn them (they are dressy and would be worn to church where we have not seen them wearing them) and my mom didn't get a phone call, card or any form of thanks past a casual thank you when my mom delivered htem. she didn't get the girls to try them on and didn't even ask my mom in for a minute. she wil not be making those girls anything else.
what a shame.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #126  
Gabfest Goddess

I agree with many of the posters. I get enjoyment from making the cards. It's nice if the recipient enjoys them, but not necessary. And for any of those that don't appreciate them, I have twice as many who gush over them so I keep making them. There is only exception. I used to make both my niece and nephew a card once a month just to say hello since we live so far away. My niece loves them and displays them in her room. My nephew said, "what am I supposed to do with this?" so he doesn't get a card anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #127  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, I'm feel the same. I'm bummed when they don't notice the card. I recently made a wedding card for a teacher but didn't hear from her weather she liked it or not. It was done for a teacher to give to that teacher bride. But since I really put in a lot of work designing it, and instead of waiting around, I causually went to ask her directly if she liked the card. She did. But I'm not doing it again for them. ;-) One more note, the bride to be knew that card was handmade and it came from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #128  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLewView Post
My stamp for the back says "this card was hand made...if you throw it away, those same hands will make a doll in your image and stick pins in it's butt"... that being said, I don't really need it, it is a joke. I feel so blessed that everyone I make cards for at least seems to appreciate them. One year my brother-in-law thought that he had lost the birthday card I had made him. We were on a trip together and he couldn't find it. I told him it was OK, he would get another one next year. He said that he had saved every card I had ever made him and he didn't want to miss one! I was blown away! Well, we found it under the van seat so he was fine. My youngest son also has every card I have ever made him! And my husband's male cousin remembers and comments on all of the cards that I make him! It is amazing and very much appreciated. So I can't relate to those of you who have people who don't appreciate your time and talents, but I would say keep making the cards, you never know who is saving every one!!!
That's so cute. Gotta get me a stamp like that. ;-)
I still make handmade cards to give and I don't expect everyone to enjoy them. But if I was asked to make one and no comments from the recipent, then that's a bit upsetting. So, those are the ones that will not get a handmade card from me again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

I confess. I've thrown a lot of my own cards away - well, they were ugly. When I give a card to someone, I generally don't expect them to get it. My MIL keeps all the cards I make her, FIL, or BIL for inspiration (she's a card maker, too). Outside of that, if I give you a card, it's yours to keep or otherwise.

I do have a special basket where I keep handmade cards that are sent to me, however. My favorites are the ones little kids make for me - my 8 y/o cousin makes the most adorable little cards with crayons and notebook paper, they are to die for IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #130  
Cardstock Collector

can I order supplies without going through a rep? Can I order on line?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 04:34 AM   #131  
Die Cut Diva

I try not to "waste" cards where they won't be appreciated.
When DS was away at college, I found a funny Christmas card and sent it during exams "love you, see you soon!"
when he got home, he said " You sent me a BOUGHT card??" not even one you MADE!! ( I never thought he noticed..) (* his exams were terrible too, so bad karma..)

DS took in a card to work for his office mate and she kept it on her desk. so now he asks for cards for her and says "you know she always leaves them out.."

My friend made a card for her son to take to a ten year old's party. He rejected that card and insisted on going through all the cards we had made, and chose the slice of birthday cake on polka dots (tasteful glitter frosting)
So some people do notice , that we think don't pay any attention..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #132  
Insane Embellisher

well, i understand your initial reaction, and I get how you feel...but when I give cards to people like that I get it in my head ahead of time and just enjoy the card-making process. Then when I give it to them, they look at it briefly and I ask for them to hand it to me and then I pass it to the people who enjoy cards and let THEM look at it! lol It sounds weird but if you knew my family, you'd know it's a fun practice we all enjoy. The non-card person doesn't care, and the rest of us get to ooh and ahh over it. It's fun!

If all else fails, just remember that the joy is in giving, and at least you didn't have to go to a store and pay too much for a card to give that they wouldn't care about either. And, you get to have the fun of making it anyway. Sounds like great therapy to me!

Visit my Blog!
See my SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #133  
Kookie Creator

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara crossView Post
can I order supplies without going through a rep? Can I order on line?

Are you wanting to order Stampin' Up supplies? Or supplies from a different company? With Stampin' Up you need to order through a demonstrator or a hostess. However, You can go to Stampin' Up's web site and look at the catalog.

I see this is your first post on SCS. Welcome, and enjoy! It's a lot of fun here and you'll find a lot of great ideas for paper crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #134  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithjoanneView Post
You can find great store-bought cards for .25 at most thrift stores. That's what this person would get from me in the future (stock up on those thrift store cards!!!)
LOL!!! This is the best response IMH! Some people, notably men, just have no aesthetic sense. They are to be pitied. I try to be understanding, and pragmatic. I've cast many pearls before swine. I stopped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #135  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=GinaP;10232835]well, i understand your initial reaction, and I get how you feel...but when I give cards to people like that I get it in my head ahead of time and just enjoy the card-making process. Then when I give it to them, they look at it briefly and I ask for them to hand it to me and then I pass it to the people who enjoy cards and let THEM look at it! lol It sounds weird but if you knew my family, you'd know it's a fun practice we all enjoy. The non-card person doesn't care, and the rest of us get to ooh and ahh over it. It's fun!

Now, this is just the perfect thing to do! I love it! TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 986 Likes on 669 Posts

I spend more time making the cards for the people I know love and appreciate my work. I just made a card for my friend who was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. She is having a hard time. Her sister died from complications 16 years ago after amputations and a kidney transplant. Her father passed away 3 years ago from kidney failure. She is so scared please keep her in your thoughts. I decided I will try and make her a card once in a while just to cheer her on with the life style changes she is trying to make. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #137  
Embossing Fanatic

Another cause of peoples reactions is what they are going through in life as well. I have made our christmas cards for 7 years now. And only 2 years ago one of my husband's newly married friends commented on the card. My husband proudly told him I have made them for several years, and his friend was impressed - even thought he had never noticed before when he was too busy being a single guy. My Dad also was never really "impressed" with the idea, now - He is excitited, awaits AND frames them for the wall. So don't take it personal if you don't get verbal approval - some people "just aren't there yet". Enjoy makeing them if that 's what you do. And don't worry about the reaction. I make simpler cards for those I know are not going to be "impressed. I think the praying Idea it GREAT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #138  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing how some people react...both good and bad! My nephew, who is 6, adores every card I've given him and keeps them in a stash in his room. For his last birthday, he thanked me for the card before he thanked me for the Pokemon stuff I gave him. Now THAT'S a compliment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #139  
Die Cut Diva

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by **Carol**View Post
Everyone interested in this topic would get a kick from the Judikins stamps about the treatment of handmade cards. See page 15 here: http://www.judikins.com/catalog/07/0...nstruction.pdf
Carol,
I have two of these stamps - Handmade Card and Psychoanalysis. I get a real kick out of using them and people really laugh! Now they turn all of my cards over to the back to see what message I've put there for them. ;)

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #140  
Polyshrink Goddess

i think i found the stamp i want.

"Now I know this may be hard for you to believe but.......

I MADE THIS!

Don't just stand there dumbfounded, get excited or something!"

that's just awesome! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, I have spent more time than I care to admit reading thru this thread but how funny! I love so many of the responses shared here...my favorite is the gal who said she tells people who aren't suitably appreciative , "no, no...here's what you say...ooh, ahhh, that's the best card ever!" or something to that effect) now practice! lol! TOO funny!!!

While I have sent more cards like "pearls before swine", I have also rec'd nice comments on many of my cards but the best compliment that I can ever receive is "I save all of your cards!" When I first started making cards, my mother seemed to think that it was time to call the men in the white jackets to the point that I stopped sending handmade cards to her and used commercial ones. Eventually, I couldn't stand it and had to send MY cards and lately she has become very appreciative and comments on how much she enjoys them. Makes me feel kinda bad that I "cut her off" for a while! lol! But I do carefully select those of my friends who are "card worthy" and the rest get commercial cards.

I love the witty stamps for the back of cards but I really am going to have to get one with the "true value" price of the card to stamp on the back. I'm thinking that with the stamp set (average in the $20 to $30 range) plus cardstock and my time that $49.95 would be just about right, eh? Some might be a little more or a little less but hey, I'll use the law of averages!

Also, the story shared from the poster whose father with dementia "lit up" and said his daughter was so talented was so touching and sweet, I am so thankful that your cards helped your Dad make that connection with reality. Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

This has been a therapeutic site for me. I am glad but sad to see that so many of us great and talented ladies have received bad or no reviews of our hard work. Have a great day. We are having another 80+ day in MN.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't have a lot of cardworthy people outside of stampworld ...
I try to limit the real gems to swaps and scs gathers because the cards are a whole language that "civilians" often just don't get.

but, for a boss or obligation occasion
the rule is... if I'd go buy a card and agonize over the real works of art that are worthy of my dollars,
I would then rather keep and file the card for inspiration and still make a version of the card myself.
get it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #144  
Embossing Fanatic

My SIL is into Harley Davidson so I bot her a Jolee's embellie and HD paper and made her what I thought was a nice card. Not even an acknowlegement from her so next year she's getting a nice .50 cent card from the dollar store.
My other SIL loves the handmade cards so I like to give her some that she can use also. My mother also loves them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #145  
Matboard Maniac

Most of the people I give cards to appreciate them. What tickles me is that a lot of the people at work leave them on display long after their birthday has passed like it's a piece of artwork. In the end, though, I make cards and the other little goodies to keep my hands and head occupied. If I go too long without doing something creative I start twitching. And I have to do something with the darned things so I give them away!

Makaren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakarenView Post
What tickles me is that a lot of the people at work leave them on display long after their birthday has passed like it's a piece of artwork.
Makaren
Isn't that great! My DIL says the same thing about the cards I send to her. She says she has little pieces of art sitting all over her house. Sure makes me feel good about sending her cards.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #147  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcculloView Post
I had the same issue with my brother who does like your FIL. I made him a card this year. It was a black happy birthday stamped on a piece of folded notebook paper. He actually called me to ask what was up. I said the effort in making it was equal to the amount of time and appreciation he had for the last card I gave him. His wife, a cardmaker, was cracking up in the background and told him that it serves him right. She hate it when he ignores her work too.
I bow down to you! This is great!

You Can Stamp It,come for ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #148  
Gallery Gazer

Just this year I started making cards for my DH. I made cards for other people, but never for him. Then I started thinking - who do I love the most and who deserves the love and time I put into my cards - my DH, of course. He has always had nice things to say about my cards, and while he doesn't gush over them, I know he is pleased that I make his cards too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #149  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=Shirley Henry;10219257]I have a stamp that says `if it was a hallmark card it wouldnt look this good`
QUOTE]

Where did you find it?? I need one!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #150  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I just finished reading every one of these posts...my eyes hurt!

I think that we all share the fact that we make cards because we love how it makes us feel. We need to remember that people do appriciate what we do, even if its not the recipient. Maybe you get a smile from the cleaning lady who empties the trash bins at work.

I happen to be lucky - my DH is my biggest supporter. He's aware of my need to create and will distract the boys so that I have time alone to work. He even makes all of my cards for me! This year he commented on my Mother's Day card, "What do you notice?" Me: Other than that you found my MOthers Day set? Him: The colors all coordinate! I used that wheely-thingy! He was very proud of himself, as she should be. Just knowing that he made the effort was better than the gift that came along with it. My hopes are that our boys will grow up knowing what work goes into home-made things and will appriciate them evermore. We come from do-it-yourself families, so it's in our blood.

I also have gotten the, "Wow, you must have a lot of free time!" comments. I am a SAHM with 2 small boys, there is NO way that I have more free time than anyone else, paying job or not! The difference? How I manage my time. Chores first in the morning, TV off, play, craft, play, craft.... And I also stay up late to get things done if I have to. I use people's comments to turn the situation around: No, I don't have a lot of free time, but I manage my time well. And besides, you could make these if you wanted to! Want me to show you how? *wink, wink*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #151  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by forever_amberView Post
He even makes all of my cards for me! This year he commented on my Mother's Day card, "What do you notice?" Me: Other than that you found my MOthers Day set? Him: The colors all coordinate! I used that wheely-thingy!
That is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile. You are sure lucky - sounds like you have a keeper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #152  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
That is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile. You are sure lucky - sounds like you have a keeper!
It was sloppy, but beautiful in the way that maccaroni necklaces are beautiful! ...in the way that everything made with love is beautiful...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #153  
Kookie Creator

I've been catching up on reading my subscribed threads this morning, and as I was reading, I found myself chuckling as I was reminded of some of the cards my dh has presented to me for various events, but there's one that takes the cake.

One Valentine's Day a couple of years ago I made him a mushy Valentine and was a little disappointed when he said he hadn't had time to get me a card. :( Later in the day he presented me with my card. He had copied my card on our printer (used printer paper, black ink), folded it in quarters and gave it to me (without the envelope). I laughed and laughed and then laughed some more...not the mean kind of laughing. I laughed because he stood in front of me with this very pleased kind of expression. I still have that "card" and whenever I run across it, I'm reminded of why I love him. It's the little things in life that count. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 AM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Talking Ohhhhhhhhhhh so sweet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
I just started in the papercrafting hobby. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed working with my hands-sewing, crocheting, knitting, etc. I have 4 sisters and I am the only one who really is 'in' to handmade gifts. My family and friends are my biggest supporters. (My in-laws not so much.)

I went to a class where we made small books for journals/photos. Gave one to my niece which she saved to scrapbook her daughter's 2nd grade year. I got a thank you from Nina-thank you for the butterfly book (a butterfly was stamped on c/s and matted to the front of the book), the frog magnets (she loves frog-don't know why), etc. The thank you ended with, " I love them all!!!"

If some recipients don't appreciate your personal thought-out efforts, others will and they balance out. Don't let the ones who don't know how much more personal that handmade card/gifts is spoil you enjoyment of the process.

A hand written thank-you itself is a rarity these dayz! :}
Good or both you and her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #155  
Hardware Hotshot

I just did it again...
gave a special gift and had them say:
"ummm
what are these?"
me:
"umm, *cards*...you know for stationery... giving to people...?"
(calm down calm down...don't grab them back!)

so I remembered to say" so...do you like them?"
and then I could see that she was a lil bit broken up over them ... !
so where I thought she was *saying* "who cares?"
she was really... "sniff! someone cares...!"

funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #156  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

This has been an interesting thread to read. I feel very blessed because my DH is my biggest supporter, even asks me to make cards for those he works with. I have friends who have saved every card I made them and even my Mom saves all the cards I make for her and my dad and usually after a couple of years she'll go through them and pick the ones she wants to keep and gives the rest back to me because she knows I like to put them in my notebook of ideas. I can't imagine how it would feel to have someone not appreciate the time and work that goes into a homemade card. Even my grandchildren look forward to mail I send them because they know it will be something that Grandma made especially for them.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are so very lucky! My sisters enjoy them and even show others. I now have a niece who makes them. She buys the expensive embellishments. Everyone oohs and aahs. I still like my handmade embellishments layered lovingly by hand. As for in-laws, years ago I decided that they wouldn't be happy no matter what. So I make less complicated cards and even buy them 99 cent ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #158  
Watercolor Wizard

My mom doesn't like crafty stuff, is an art snob, so I only send her very elegant cards, light on embellishments. My husband has given me so much verbal grief over my hobby and its expenses, that I officially do not make cards for him anymore. Isn't that sad? But I work outside the home at a very good salary, and I won't take guff over my creative release! My coworkers relish my cards for birthdays, and one even places an annual order for Christmas cards for her immediate family. People are just so different in what they notice, appreciate, and like! I will continue to make cards, and enjoy doing it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #159  
Inking Addict

For Valentine's I make my DH one card a day for the entire month of February. He has them all over the house, some right by the front door, some are tucked into the frame of his mirror on his dresser, he rotates the one he takes in to work, and he stores the rest in a box that I made for him. We both really like it. We got married in February, so the entire month is special to us.

My MIL keeps every card I send to her and a good thing that is! I made a Bon Voyage card and tucked an SD card for their digital camera in it, inside a little pocket. But they didn't realize that there was a little pocket and called later asking about the SD card.

My Other Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #160  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I really wish adults would take the time to acknowledge the effort that went into it, as I feel the card is part of the gift itself. I understand that not everyone's into crafts or homemade card, so for someone who isn't, a "thanks for the card" is enough for me.

I used to send Christmas and birthday cards to all of my friends from university and family members. After a while, it became obvious who cared to thank me for it and who didn't. Most people didn't write back or phone right away, but they at least told me they had received the card and that it was very nice of me to have remembered their birthday, even if it was months later. I have other friends that have never ever mentioned receiving anything. They're not getting cards anymore.

I love sending cards as much as I enjoy receiving them, so now, I'd rather send out RAKs to fellow stampers than to some of my close friends who don't care. At least, I know you guys appreciate the gesture.

Cindy

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Reply With Quote Likes