Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Now you all make me feel better. I was beginning to think I needed counseling or something. I just "have to have this" syndrone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to klake

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaCalloway
Ok this is me too and I know I have a problem but it could be worse. I tell my husband I do not have any bad habits so leave me alone. I could be drinking, smoking, etc but instead I choose to have a scrap and stamp habit!!!
good point, I don't do any of those things either. My husband is so supportive, and has a graphic design and photography degree, so he helps me with color schemes and design sometimes, and then has to go watch a football game to get the testosterone flowing again - ha ha!

Side tangeant about stamp-supportive hubbies - We moved this past summer, and a friend of his who was helping us load the last few things asked if he could just dump my stamp sets from the shelf into a tub and toss them in the back of the pickup. My husband said... "dude, that's like Kate's "stereo," you know what I mean?" ..They both shared this look of understanding, and loaded t in the truck like it was a carton of eggs. I knew he was a keeper ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:46 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Should I tell you about all the stamps I have uncut in my room? Sorry, not even I know the answer to that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 08:22 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

First, an aside to cherbear in Winnipeg, MB - I just had to mention this, cuz Sher Bear was what my Mom always called me, growing up. And I was born and raised in Winnipeg - left 8 years ago! Just a neat kind of coincidence!

I am such a collector of all things crafty! Just gotta have 'em, just in case! I started out scrapbooking and had way more cardstock, stickers, paper, and various embellishments than I would EVER use! Lots of duplicates as I didn't keep them very organized! I've been an SU demo for almost 2 years, so that justifies (in my mind!) having to have EVERYTHING! Or almost everything!

And those 40 & 50% coupons from Michaels & A.C. Moore don't help! Print the coupons and I will come -- and spend! I just have to get a deal - on something I never really needed in the first place!

We're in dire need of help, aren't we?! But truthfully, even though I know I spend far too much time reading the forums, I have gotten so much more inspired over the last several month, by the overwhelming talent of the gallery contributors. I really am stamping more!

Ask me how far behind my scrapbooks are!!
SCS #7660

(Ooops! Gotta fix that avatar - scary!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 12:53 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I am such a collector. If I spent half the time stamping that I do trawling the net deciding what I am going to buy next I could open my own Hallmark store. Do you also find that you find cardstock that you really love and you won't use it in case you run out. I bought Hot Off the Press Sarabooks in all the colours, but I won't use them in case I run out. Go figure!

This site really inspires me so I will do more stamping I promise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:19 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cool

SCS doesn't help I'm afraid! I have cool cat sitting next to me now along with a few cards I printed off this site to case. So what am I doing --- reading forums and looking at the gallery to figure out what else to buy. My goodness, I don't think there is a cure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #47  
Embossing Fanatic

Thumbs up

Thank you all soo very much!!! I'm going to print this thread now, and make me a scrapbook!!! It's going to remind me that I shouldn't feel so bad. Also, I'll be able to show this to my DH and tell him, "Look honey here are true testamonies from other women like me who collects, so YES - it's NORMAL, and YES - I do need to keep collecting!!!".... hee hee..... i hope it works!!!

~A Daughter of the King of kings; Lord of lords... Jesus Christ
~Momma of 2 boys
~Wife of 21 years
~Creative Fun Blog: Fun Cuts
~My Facebook Group: All Kine Paper Fun Creations
~Shop 24/7 Stampin' Up! with Jen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Me too! I'm definitely a collector. I keep telling my husband he should ban me from michaels, archivers and our little scrapbook store. If I don't go there than I can't buy anything, right? but he has a similar obsession with dvds at best buy so he figures if I buy a new stamp set he gets a dvd...then it becomes a never ending circle of spending too much money!!! YIKES! At least we both enjoy our hobbies...many a night you will find him watching a dvd while I stamp....lol!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Okay .. we have lots of company!!!!!

I buy, and buy, and shop and buy!! I do use my supplies just not frequently enough.

I keep telling myself when I get a specific place to stamp it will be better. I now have the location it's just some items have to be moved and the desk refinished. Anyway, with 4500 square feet it should not be such a problem.

I'll be glad when this project is completed and I no longer have to drag everything to the kitchen table!!!

Everyone have a nice weekend.

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #50  
Inking Addict

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

Hi...my name is Aimee...and I'm a hoarder.

There, I said it! AND I love it!

I too, love to BUY and then ORGANIZE my new stuff in my stamp room. I love it there and I also love it here on SCS. I'm glad that we're all in this together! Wow, I just said alot of loves! Anyway, I am so well equipped that whatever I want to do or try, I've got everything I need. This is a lifetime hobby AND when I go...just let me go to heaven with all my supplies around me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just a suggestion or two, (not to dissuade you from collecting) but what about if you challenge yourself to make one card, gift, page for every dollar you spend?

It won't keep you from spending, BUT you will make a lot more, and you may get to the point where you ask yourself, hmm, this cost *only* $19.95, but is it cool enough for me to sit down and make 20 cards for? Nope!

Or, sign up for a bunch of swaps. That forces you to sit down and make stuff, then whatever you get back, divide into I-can't-live-without-this-sample and this-would-be-so-awesome piles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #52  
Inking Addict

I don't think I would be like this if I had a purpose for my cards. Sure, I can make birthday cards for my family and friends. But I have a lot of stamps and supplies. Once I've made a birthday card, what do I do with the others that I want to make. I truly want to make cards, I just don't know what to do with them. I'm going to find an outlet to sell me cards. A friend of mine sells them at a small deli where her daughter works. She's been pretty successful with it. I am really a stampin' fool when I get going. I can whip out a dozen cards in no time. Once I find that outlet to sell, I won't be needing this thread anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by klake
My husband said... "dude, that's like Kate's "stereo," you know what I mean?"

I love that analogy! I definitely think this is an inherited gene. I got it from my dad. He built a 4+ car pole barn that has enough room for one mini-van and two riding lawn mowers (one of which has to be strategically placed to fit the van in during the winter). He's been gone a year and 99% of the JUNK is still out there because I have no idea what some of it is and whether or not there's some use for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

Now really, What's the problem ladies??? We LOVE our stuff! So what if we're a little over the top, collecting is too much fun. Thank goodness my DH supports my habit. Sometimes I just sit in my craft room and stare at all my STUFF... WOO-HOO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:36 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up My Solution

I was that way too until I just set a time. Now every Saturday night, I turn on my radio to the Weekend 70's show and stamp from 7-12. That's my time and I stick to it. My family knows that's my time and sometimes my dd joins me before bedtime!! I have the grid paper from SU and I make a list of the month's birthdays that I need to do. That gives me a goal and a definite project to work on. I always make 2 of each card, so I have back ups if the need arises. This has worked so well That I have two Rubbermaid shoeboxes full of cards!!! I even set up dividers with the theme of the card(male, female, child bd, anniversary, sympathy, thank you, etc). I hope this gets you on the making path! Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Default I am TOTALLY a collector/hoarder!!!

They say the fist step to overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem.....well.........

My name is Cindy and I'm a PACKRAT! But you know what? I don't want no stinkin' cure!!! I love every single one of my stamps and all the other stuff that I just HAD to have. And yes, I've totally outgrown my stamp room too because of all the stuff I've bought "just in case I ever want to try that technique."

I guess I'll just count myself in good company with all my stampin' and scrappin' sisters here on SCS!
I support my habit by being an SCS Fan Club member!
Reply With Quote Likes