Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Transportation... HELP??? What did you use?

Session 1 ladies.. What did you use to get from the airport to your hotels??? Did you like it??? I need some advice. I need to make a reservation tonight! LOL nothing like waiting until the last minute! LOL LOL LOL

TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I used one of the shuttles SU had in the online orientation - Big Sky Shuttle
($18 one way). Just keep in mind they make stops for all the people on your shuttle. A taxi is $48 ONE WAY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tippietoesView Post
Session 1 ladies.. What did you use to get from the airport to your hotels??? Did you like it??? I need some advice. I need to make a reservation tonight! LOL nothing like waiting until the last minute! LOL LOL LOL

TIA
Big Sky was only $24 roundtrip ($12 one way). We used them to get from the airport to our hotel because they were leaving immediately when we got our bags. They do not have a window at the airport you get to them outside the baggage pick up area at Island 3. Super Shuttle has a window in the airport but they will make you wait for the next departing shuttle which could be a half an hour or more. The biggest problem with Big Sky we found out was the pick up from our hotel today to take us back to the airport. We were supposed to be picked up at 7:00 am for our 10:25 am flight. They were 30 minutes late for us and 45 minutes late for another woman who was staying at our hotel. They never bothered to put together that they were picking up 3 women from the same hotel at different times. I suggest you allow enough time when you leave. It would be a good idea to ask around at your hotel and find other women who will be leaving at the same time as you when convention is over. Some taxi's (Metro Taxi in particular) will negotiate a price like 13-14 dollars per person if you get 3 or 4 women that will share the taxi to the airport. The best part about the taxi is that you don't have to wait for it to pick up other passengers and it will be there when you tell it to pick you up. I hope this helps! Have fun, we had a blast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Big Sky jacked us out of our money and didnt bother picking us up this morning!!!! Even tho we talked to the driver at 0430!!! Just skipped us completely and then wouldnt answer his phone when we called him back. Wouldnt use them for nothing!!

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

We used Super Shuttle and it was fine. They leave from the Hyatt every 15 minutes, or so my DH says who had to ride back to the airport to pick up a car because of a snafu with that (we're staying extra and want to drive to the mountains!). Just don't forget the SU discounts if you book with either of the shuttle services. I'm glad we went with Super Shuttle, though, as I've heard a variety of complaints about Big Sky.

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

We had no problem with Big Sky, but we called just to make sure they were coming. Make sure you get the phone # from the website, because it is not printed on the ticket, and be sure that you bring your ticket printouts.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

If traveling with several ladies I would book this limo service. Will Jenkins at 720-275-3647. He cost about $60-$65 from airport to hotel and you arrive in comfort. We had a nightmare experience with the holiday inn shuttle, as we were displaced from the holiday inn downtown and used Will every night and morning. He was reliable and always early.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Default THANKS EVERYONE!!

I am so nervous! EXcited but nervous! this is my first convention!!

Thanks for all of the info!
Steph
:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I used Big Sky Shuttle to get from the airport to the Residence Inn on Champa St. Yesterday, four of us rented a white stretch limo to get to the airport ($20 plus tip each). It was DEFINITELY the way to go. The front desk at the hotel took care of the limo reservations. This hotel was fantastic!!!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

just make sure that you call your service. We had reservations to pick us up on sunday morning at 7 a.m. - but that apparently didn't matter!
We rode with super shuttle - and since the Adams Mark was their last stop before the airport - they were often full or could only take 1-2 people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 07:51 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I used Big Sky and had no problem but I did call to make sure they would be at my hotel (Residence Inn). I was nervous because at convention I heard of all the 'bad' stuff with them so I guess it's a toss up. I did allow plenty of time though and figured I could take a taxi IF I had too. Have a ball at convention, the Residence Inn is a super place to stay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Be careful with Super Shuttle. My friend and I prepaid for both trips so we were stuck having to use them. The trip from the airport to the hotel went fine. However, trying to get back to the airport after convention was a NIGHTMARE!

We stayed at the Adam's Mark--which turned out to be the last stop on their schedule. We got a confirmation call the night before to be ready at 7:30 a.m. We were at the front of the hotel a little before 7:30. We saw ONE Super Shuttle arrive at 7:30. It only had room for the three ladies that were in line in front of us.

While we waited for over 45 minutes for another Super Shuttle to show up, a total of SEVEN Big Sky Shuttles came and picked up passengers, all in five to ten minute increments. Talk about frustrating!!!! When one Super Shuttle finally arrived, there were 11 people waiting for Super Shuttle and only nine could fit in the van. The last two demonstrators in line were NOT happy.

We almost missed our flight because of the shuttle delay. We had to get special permission to skip the long lines through security and then we had to RUN to our gate which, of course, was at the end of the terminal. My lungs were literally about to burst into flames when we got to the gate! I was definitely not used to the thin air there in Denver. We arrived home safe and sound, although our luggage did not make it home with us. Fortunately, though, the airline delivered them this morning.

Lesson learned: Don't use Super Shuttle--go with Big Sky. Don't prepay. If we hadn't already purchased our round trip tickets with Super Shuttle, we could have hopped on one of the numerous Big Sky Shuttles and not been late to the airport.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stay on top of Big Sky - they didn't really seem to have a clue as to what they were doing. The Hyatt says they don't recommend them, unfortunately it was too late as we pre-paid for our R/T transportation prior to getting to Denver.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I prepaid for Super Shuttle and did not have any problems. What I do have a problem with is all these shuttle services taking prepaid reservations yet they don't give you a preferential treament to get on the shuttle before people that pay at the time. There should be some type of perk for prepayment. They also should have known, with prepayment, that there were 20 people trying to leave the Adams Mark at a specific time and sent vans specifically for that group.

I will not pay in advance in the future if it is not a guarantee of transport.
Reply With Quote Likes