Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of becoming a Stampin Up demo

And really freaking out about spending so much for the kit! I'm going to go with the big kit I figure if I'm going to join might at well go with the better deal. What advise can you demos out there give me? I haven't talked to a demo yet I wanted to find out as much as I could and make sure I'm making the right decision before contacting one. What can you tell me about SU? Is there anyone out there that is only doing this to get there own stuff at a discount? Do you have trouble making your minimums? What happens if I don't make my minimums one quarter?

HELP from a very confused and excited demo-to-be :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Megan. you will find there are all types of demos in SU. I joined orginally for the discount but am slowly becoming a business demo. That is one of the wonderful things about SU is that you decide how you want to run your business! I have made wonderful friendships with ladies I would of never met and we have the best time together. I think joining was one of the best things I ever did for myself in a long time.

I have never had a problem with my minimums, I was my best customer! For some it is a challege. If you have a few friends who stamp it should be pretty easy. If you do not meet the $300 a quarter minimum you go into pending and then in the next month need to make up the amount you were short. You still need to do the $300 for the quarter. When you first join you should have more than 3 months before your first quarter is due. It will depend on the month you join.

If you have any questions, you can email me. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I leave for convention soon but will have a laptop with me, I may be slower to answer than usual.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

How much do you spend quarterly on your own scrap & stamp supplies?
Do you know others that scrap & stamp? How much do you think they spend?
Do you love Stampin' Up products?
What have you got to lose?

These were questions I asked myself before becoming a demo.

Hope this helps
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Mostly you have to know yourself and your family's position. There is the 300 min. merchandise order for each quarter - before any discounts. Stampin' Up! is a wonderful company that lets you decide what type of business you want to run. SO if you are looking to be a hobby demo - that is just fine with them. At anytime you can crank it up a notch and turn it into a full business for your self. What better time to be in business for yourself. It is work though - as much as everyone tells you that this is fun and it is - to make it a business you have to work. What you put into it is what you will get out of it.
I have many customers that are long distant and local ones too. I offer workshops, classes, and Class Kits-to-Go (for those that can't make it to a class), and clubs.
I also teach at senior centers, long term living facilities, libraries, & local clubs have me in for a night of stamping.
Stampin' Up! has a wonderful Demo site that offers training videos, information, ideas, and a Demo Support line that is great. They offer seminars during the year in different cities and a convention once a year for all to attend (for a price).
If you have any questions you can email or call me anytime. Check out my blog for my phone number.

Good luck with your decision and I wish you the best!

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I think the best advice I can give you is to find a demo who you are comfortable with to sign up under and make sure they will give you the kind of support you want. Some demos don't need any upline support, some do. If you'd like an upline who is there for you, that you can contact with any questions, etc. make sure you ask them upfront if they will be there for you.

I'm a middle of the road demo. I started out mostly making the minimums on my own with a few customers here and there. As my business has grown I don't have to put in so much $ myself to meet the minimums and I eventually recruited downline.

The nice thing about being a demo is that you can control your earnings by how much you want to put in. You can be in it just for the discount and that's OK. Or you can really work your business to earn more.

Good luck with your decision. And be sure when you find a demo that you are considering for your upline you ask them these same questions and any others you might think of.
Reply With Quote Likes