Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I am always sad to hear of a local store closing. I've lived in NC for 7 years now, and by the time I thought to look around for some locally owned crafty stores, all but one was closed. The "big three" ( Michael's, Hobby Lobby and AC Moore ) are about 15 minutes from my house and within 5 mins. of each other depending on traffic.
Mary......I am in your area and I totally agree with you. I have been to all 3 of your stores off Independence and for the most part I leave with nothing. I was excited about having an ACM close, but that chain has really gone downhill lately. Luckily it's usually because I'm already in the area because I bought my car over there. Came from western PA in 2008 and was very disappointed to find the lack of good stores, both stamping and scrapping, here. I live close to the new JoAnn's but they have turned out to be disappointing as well. I am basically "forced" to shop online to get what I want as I can't find it here in a store, but I'm not happy about it. I like to check out my stamps, test and try out tools, and make sure my paper isn't damaged rather than depend on online stores and the postal system.

I lived about 30 min. from a huge scrapping store in Butler, and used to drive about an hour to a great stamping store near Pittsburgh and I miss both terribly. In fact, I was up in PA in July of last year and drove 2+ hours to get to the stamp store. I have been to the one stamp store in the area (over an hour to get there) twice and was disappointed both times due to their lack of inventory. So I don't go any more. I have a vision of opening a stamp store down in my area and using the business example of the one in Pgh, but alas I lack the cash to do it. I really think it would go over well. I have attended the stamp show in Greenville, SC and CKC here in Charlotte, but the number of vendors there are dwindling. And of course I need to feed my addiction all year 'round! I'm hoping to get up to The Enchanted Cottage and maybe hit the stamp show in W-S this year as something different. But that's only a once or twice a year deal as they are 2+ hours away.

I am jealous of the person who lives in Akron, OH! I would look forward every year to going to the Adventures show along with stopping at Hollo's Paper. It was such fun to go into that little store and find so much in there! And their necessities, like envelopes, were extremely reasonable. Are they still there? There was always a lot of different vendors at the show that I no longer get to see. I especially looked forward to Marco Paper. I still buy a lot from them, but it's done online now. I would love someday to go to their actual store. I wish they would set up at the shows in our area!

Thanks for the memories, gals!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

Snowowl - What is the name of the store in LaCrosse, WI? I travel there to go to the allergist and would love to stop in when I am there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

I am a lone scrapper/stamper. I don't play well with others - that's not true, but I don't like dragging anything from my room to scrap somewhere else. You Tube has to be on the list of reasons LSS' are closing - before you would learn cool new tips and tricks at a crop that made you want to keep coming - now you can watch for hours and hours in your jammies. We still have one in our area and I will buy a few items once a month or so, but spend the bulk of my crafting budget online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I just wanted to jump back in and say that this thread is a perfect example of why I support Small Business Saturday (the day after Black Friday)! I applaud Snazzyoriginal (post #32), and Juliecade45 (post #34), who are obviously getting it right! One of the bloggers that I follow is Seth Godin, who is a marketing genius (and entrepreneur and innovator and author and publisher and more), and he is all about niche marketing. His thought is that - in order to compete with the "wide" market - you have to provide your product or service at a lower cost. He thinks that it is considerably smarter to find your niche, market ONLY to that niche, and provide outstanding service to that niche. The thought is to build a "tribe" of people who are loyal to you and your endeavor...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by suenscsView Post
I am a lone scrapper/stamper. I don't play well with others - that's not true, but I don't like dragging anything from my room to scrap somewhere else. You Tube has to be on the list of reasons LSS' are closing - before you would learn cool new tips and tricks at a crop that made you want to keep coming - now you can watch for hours and hours in your jammies. We still have one in our area and I will buy a few items once a month or so, but spend the bulk of my crafting budget online.
I had to laugh a little at this, because I'm a bit of a hermit, too. One of my good friends was a Stampin'Up! demo, and it was REALLY hard to drag myself to her workshops and be supportive. I prefer crafting alone in my own space, unperturbed by chit chat and.or someone telling me the next step, when I'm already ten steps ahead of that... I don't watch a lot of YouTube videos, either, though...

My preference in going to a store or convention or whatever is to touch all of the things, see the patterns or colors in real life, etc. I might TEACH a class, but I can't see myself taking many - unless they were PHENOMENAL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

I try as much as possible to frequent the stores here in Woodstock.We can get ranch raised chicken eggs etc. and Farmer's Market It is important to keep the small businesses running.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
I totally understand, Sue.

Brick & mortar paper-crafty stores are history here, with the exception of national chains. Thank goodness for those, too! I love "touchy feely" when it comes to my paper crafting wishes ... nothing compares. I've ordered paper pads, flowers, and even a couple of markers online that didn't even come close to my hopes or expectations. But online returns are basically a loss with postage costs, so I've hung on to the useable items with a big fat frown on my face. And for sure, the bulk of my purchases are now online due to the chain store limitations and infrequent product updating.

My excitement comes when the scrapbook & crafty conventions pass through ... Oh happy day! Touchy feely, maybe a sweet meetup with another Texas stamper or former stampy student, brands that aren't available at the local chains .... it's all a delight! We've got a couple coming up here in N. Texas this month, and I'm ready!
OMG - I so agree......and now I have to know what conventions are coming to your neighborhod. I'm a former St.Louis girl....but now retired and a Texas Transplant. I miss the availability of shops in the city, but even on trips back to Missouri, I've seen more and more vacant store fronts, and it makes my heart sad. Visiting with other crafters was half the pleasure of a trip to a store. So tell me how to get on the info list for conventions and craft shows. I can leave my house, drive 8 hours North, and STILL BE IN TEXAS ! But I do make the journey from time to time as all 17 grandkids are still up North ! Fill me in Please ! ! !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowowlView Post
I, too, do a lot of shopping on line in all catagories. We don't always have a great selection in our area but why fight the traffic etc to drive to, from and around the Milwaukee area over an hour away. I belong to a SUp group that meets once a month. Of course, I'm never going to spend much but once there and you get to see, feel and use the products, you find lots of stuff you can't live without!
In the same strain, we were on vacation and stopped in Nashville, Indiana (what a great shopping experience for arts, crafts and decorating!!) Went into a stamp store and fell in love. You get to see the stamps AND what you can produce with them. They were so helpful with ideas and even printed instructions. I had to pry myself out of there.
Another great store in Wisconsin is in downtown LaCrosse. Plan to spend a lot of time, etc.
So, I guess, as much on line shopping as I do, I still love going to a stamping store and lose myself for a while. Also, there is no stamp store near our area except Hobby Lobby and JoAnnes - not the same! A local scrapbooking store (I don't do scrapbooks) is great for products and ideas but not stamps.
There are actually TWO stamp stores in Nashville, Indiana, and they are both just down the street from each other! Wishful Inking and Papertrix. LOVE to shop in Nashville. It's about an hour and a half from my home, so I go at least once a year.

I should add to my earlier statement...I do like to visit some shops. My community has a really thriving historic town square that's loaded with cute shops and cafes, and we support it every chance we get. I, as a customer, feel that the store owners should give me a good reason to visit. I want friendly service, I want great selection, and I want the store layout to be fresh and updated frequently. I'd pay a little more for a better experience.

But let's not forget that many "online" store owners are independent sellers as well. Ellen Hutson, for example, always provides fantastic customer service with great selection and good prices....everything I'd want in a "store" experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

After reading the lineup of posts, I just sent my LSS store a personal thank you for being there for our locals. She is about 37 miles from my house but I enjoy the ride over there and back and along with the atmosphere being like 'Cheers'...'friend'ly, I have a wonderful day.
Thank You to my LLS, Craft Crossing in Gonzales, Texas...a small cowboy town with lots of heart.
Deano
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

I also got the e-mail about the shop closing. Sale was starting on Sunday but I couldn't get there till Tuesday. By then about half the stock was gone and I had two gift certificates I received for Christmas this year. Used them but would have loved to have had a better choice. However, I understand that the Paper Arts Club that is run by Lyn Bernatovich there is going to continue on in a different location. We will still meet this month but will find a different location to continue with it. I agree, the big box stores get the same stuff in and it's all the older stuff, none of the new releases. I will miss the store as it was a great "go to" for all the specialty papers and supplies the big box stores don't carry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

We, too have lost all our LSS---and some not so local (70miles away). Those that were doing well had owners that wanted to retire or spend more family time with active kids. They were not able to sell their stores, so they closed. I think most crafters are touchy feely folks, so I stop into the few remaining ones all over the country when we travel. Some are small like McGarity's in Redding, CA, but she has all the latest, is super friendly and has interesting classes. I always find what I'm looking for there, but it's 140 miles away, so don't get there as often as I would like. The other is larger called Scrappy Craft in Phoenix, CA and they also deal in art supplies and western saddle wear/supplies. (I know, I know, but this is the West, you must understand.) That one is under 100 miles away and not on my way to anywhere, so it is usually a special trip. I have learned to live without the LSS atmosphere with the helpful people mostly because I have my stamping group (only about 50 miles away) with people sharing ideas, supplies and fun. I learn a lot about stuff I don't have and must have and then get it on line. Twenty miles away is J's and M's, but I only get adhesives etc. there using my coupons. Times change, I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I purchase most of my supplies through my SU demo, the nearest brick & mortar store me closed over a year ago. I did try and support her but she did have a limited inventory and leaned toward vintage, which is not my taste. I can find very limited supplies in a hobby shoppe thirty min.away. I do order some stamps and dies online, but some of the shipping fees are very high, so I delete the order! I LOVE shopping in person, I can see the quality of the stamps, size, colours in paper and love to talk with knowledgeable staff. I make a point of visiting the independent stores in the towns my family live in when I am visiting with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl FaxonView Post
OMG - I so agree......and now I have to know what conventions are coming to your neighborhod. I'm a former St.Louis girl....but now retired and a Texas Transplant. I miss the availability of shops in the city, but even on trips back to Missouri, I've seen more and more vacant store fronts, and it makes my heart sad. Visiting with other crafters was half the pleasure of a trip to a store. So tell me how to get on the info list for conventions and craft shows. I can leave my house, drive 8 hours North, and STILL BE IN TEXAS ! But I do make the journey from time to time as all 17 grandkids are still up North ! Fill me in Please ! ! !
Happy to oblige!
Check the websites for vendor listings. The summer shows will probably share more details in several more weeks. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm - maybe I'll have to go visit the grandkids in June... I'll have to keep an eye on the vendor list and other details. Maybe we could actually meet up this time, eh, Bev?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
We, too have lost all our LSS---and some not so local (70miles away). Those that were doing well had owners that wanted to retire or spend more family time with active kids. They were not able to sell their stores, so they closed. I think most crafters are touchy feely folks, so I stop into the few remaining ones all over the country when we travel. Some are small like McGarity's in Redding, CA, but she has all the latest, is super friendly and has interesting classes. I always find what I'm looking for there, but it's 140 miles away, so don't get there as often as I would like. The other is larger called Scrappy Craft in Phoenix, CA and they also deal in art supplies and western saddle wear/supplies. (I know, I know, but this is the West, you must understand.) That one is under 100 miles away and not on my way to anywhere, so it is usually a special trip. I have learned to live without the LSS atmosphere with the helpful people mostly because I have my stamping group (only about 50 miles away) with people sharing ideas, supplies and fun. I learn a lot about stuff I don't have and must have and then get it on line. Twenty miles away is J's and M's, but I only get adhesives etc. there using my coupons. Times change, I guess.
That is me I am really touchy feely about my craft supplies. I am super picky, especially about paper. I do order a lot of things online. I would not have my unique items that are important to me if I didn't order online. I rather have a small store I can really look at the items and find unique treasures.

That is one reason why I don't buy a lot of SU items. I like too but I need to see the items in person. I am interested in the new paper trimmer but I want to see the paper trimmer. Problem with this is I am very shy so I feel uncomfortable going to a demo's house.

I thought about joining a stamp group. I have a career that is not the best to make commitments. I am always on call. I hate putting the hostess in a bind when she is depending on numbers. I am always envious of those with stamp groups.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkedtreasuresView Post
Mary......I am in your area and I totally agree with you. I have been to all 3 of your stores off Independence and for the most part I leave with nothing. I was excited about having an ACM close, but that chain has really gone downhill lately. Luckily it's usually because I'm already in the area because I bought my car over there. Came from western PA in 2008 and was very disappointed to find the lack of good stores, both stamping and scrapping, here. I live close to the new JoAnn's but they have turned out to be disappointing as well. I am basically "forced" to shop online to get what I want as I can't find it here in a store, but I'm not happy about it. I like to check out my stamps, test and try out tools, and make sure my paper isn't damaged rather than depend on online stores and the postal system.

I lived about 30 min. from a huge scrapping store in Butler, and used to drive about an hour to a great stamping store near Pittsburgh and I miss both terribly. In fact, I was up in PA in July of last year and drove 2+ hours to get to the stamp store. I have been to the one stamp store in the area (over an hour to get there) twice and was disappointed both times due to their lack of inventory. So I don't go any more. I have a vision of opening a stamp store down in my area and using the business example of the one in Pgh, but alas I lack the cash to do it. I really think it would go over well. I have attended the stamp show in Greenville, SC and CKC here in Charlotte, but the number of vendors there are dwindling. And of course I need to feed my addiction all year 'round! I'm hoping to get up to The Enchanted Cottage and maybe hit the stamp show in W-S this year as something different. But that's only a once or twice a year deal as they are 2+ hours away.

I am jealous of the person who lives in Akron, OH! I would look forward every year to going to the Adventures show along with stopping at Hollo's Paper. It was such fun to go into that little store and find so much in there! And their necessities, like envelopes, were extremely reasonable. Are they still there? There was always a lot of different vendors at the show that I no longer get to see. I especially looked forward to Marco Paper. I still buy a lot from them, but it's done online now. I would love someday to go to their actual store. I wish they would set up at the shows in our area!

Thanks for the memories, gals!
Yes, Hollo's is still there - Love that place, even though it's quite a drive for me. Luckily I can justify it by visiting a friend that lives near there and the savings (especially on glossy cardstock!!) at least makes up for the price of gas. LOL. Marco's Paper is my favorite booth at the Adventures convention - it's one I never miss.

What is the name of the stamp store in Pittsburgh? I have to go there often to visit family and would love to visit a stamp store while I'm there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #57  
Cardstock Collector

Default Buy from the local

I continue to follow this thread with great interest and have a additional thoughts/comments. I love hearing the support of the LSS when you travel or make the "trip into town". Here's a thought - if you are ordering on line anyway, why not seek out the same stores you find in your travels or that are some miles away from you? Even if they don't have on-line sales, I'd bet they would be willing to ship to you. Sure, sure, they might not have a coupon or give you free shipping. Which, by the way is not free. Stores cannot sell at losses, so the shipping is built into the cost somewhere. This way you are supporting the independent shop.

I've found most indie store owners to be kind, considerate and most passionate about their wares. Talk to them, ask them to order what you want. I bet you'll find the customer service to be exceptional!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

I'd like to know where the store is in Pittsburgh also as I have reason to travel there from time to time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliecade65View Post
I continue to follow this thread with great interest and have a additional thoughts/comments. I love hearing the support of the LSS when you travel or make the "trip into town". Here's a thought - if you are ordering on line anyway, why not seek out the same stores you find in your travels or that are some miles away from you? Even if they don't have on-line sales, I'd bet they would be willing to ship to you. Sure, sure, they might not have a coupon or give you free shipping. Which, by the way is not free. Stores cannot sell at losses, so the shipping is built into the cost somewhere. This way you are supporting the independent shop.

I've found most indie store owners to be kind, considerate and most passionate about their wares. Talk to them, ask them to order what you want. I bet you'll find the customer service to be exceptional!
I do this from the Goose Barn in Rockford, IL. Was there once years ago, passing through on vacation, most likely will never be back and still buy stuff from there. Just a quick call and the friendly owner takes care of me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think online retailers are only half of that issue- the other is the abundance of excellent teaching videos on line these days and the failure of many stores (and the CK conventions!) to keep up with new techniques. Why do I want to buy some crazy new product I won't even know how to use? But if I go to, for instance, the Paper Wishes web site, I can watch an incredible teaching video that explains not only why to buy something, but how to use it, multiple ways to use it, and gives me a dozen different design ideas. There is one store in MA called Absolutely Everything, and when I shop there the clerks know every product, and can explain it to me, show me how to get the most out of that product, and make the purchase one I'm excited about. My local LSS (and the big box stores) could not do that because they were always stuck on what THEY liked, not what I might like. It was like their store was their scrap room, not their store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #61  
Glitter Queen

We have an interesting LSS in our small city of Bradenton, Florida. It is primarily an office supply store. However, the store employs a wonderful woman who has been stamping and designing cards for over twenty years. Her employer says she can continue to have classes and sell paper crafting materials as long as it makes money. She stocks a lot of designer and special effects papers. She gives wonderful classes, with many new techniques at least once a month. Her stamps are constantly being updated. She is willing to spend time and show me new techniques while I'm shopping at the store. Although she doesn't carry a lot of embellishments, the embellishments are cutting edge designs, many of them quite unusual. She does not invest in tons of the same kinds of product, which leaves money for new product. When I go there, I usually spend $40 on goodies. This is my vision of a good store. Additionally, there are classes in watercolors, pastels, Zentangle, and other artistic modalities. We can stretch our artistic wings. What a joy to have in town! The store won the award for "Best Customer Service" in the city. By far, the most important characteristic of a store is personal service and encouragement. A store doesn't need to have a huge inventory to spark my imagination and tickle my creative side. We are truly blessed to have this available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been to LSS all over the country and have encountered wonderful helpful people in every one. They are always eager to share how-tos and give advise even if I don't buy anything. Maybe that is part of the reason they go out of business---they are too helpful for free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #63  
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Hmmm - maybe I'll have to go visit the grandkids in June... I'll have to keep an eye on the vendor list and other details. Maybe we could actually meet up this time, eh, Bev?
That would be wonderful!!!
I'll be working at the convention in Mesquite, as well as the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, so send me a PM if you think you might be back in Texas during those times ... or actually, other times as well. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
One other thing that locally-owned stores can not compete with: free (and quick) shipping. I detest driving, so that is always an issue. I like it when things come to my doorstep, instead of me going to get it.
I would love to know what online stores have free shipping. I don't usually find free shipping unless it has a minimum amount to spend which is often over my budget.

My SU! demonstrator always shares the shipping charges so I dont have to pay all of them by myself. She is great!

"There I will meet with you and speak with you." Exodus 29:42
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #65  
Kookie Creator

It's the same here in Austin, TX. The same local stores are just about all gone. They don't make it very long and often when I go there or plan to go there, I am often buying from them because I have gone there and I want to support them. I am rarely finding something new or unique. Does make me miss them though. There was time when two different stores were practically walking distance from my house!! I do think the internet makes it quicker and easier for shopping to go online. but again I will wait until I need many things before I shop there at any store. I do miss being able to run to a local store (not a big shop Michaels or Hobby Lobby) to just grab a thing or two.

I did use to teach classes at a local shop where I would target my classes around products that the store sold (per the previous persons example). I would also look at the supplies the store had and suggest those classes to the store owner. So, as a craft teacher, I did make $$ on the side when we had a store to teach them in.

I think the up and down economy hasn't helped as well as the changes in people's tastes that happen so quick. I think some good stores have helped with ordering product for people through their store. I miss that. I can't just go into any big box store and tell them what I wish they had.

Holley
a new project everyday!! Holley's Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #66  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
That is me I am really touchy feely about my craft supplies. I am super picky, especially about paper. I do order a lot of things online. I would not have my unique items that are important to me if I didn't order online. I rather have a small store I can really look at the items and find unique treasures.

That is one reason why I don't buy a lot of SU items. I like too but I need to see the items in person. I am interested in the new paper trimmer but I want to see the paper trimmer. Problem with this is I am very shy so I feel uncomfortable going to a demo's house.

I thought about joining a stamp group. I have a career that is not the best to make commitments. I am always on call. I hate putting the hostess in a bind when she is depending on numbers. I am always envious of those with stamp groups.
I am sure if you talk to your SU demo she will accomodate your schedule. My demo saves the project and arranges a time to go to her home and "play" so we don't miss out. We have our order to her within a day or two so the "hostess" for that evening can choose her goodies. I am sure if you joined a group you would enjoy meeting the other addicts( I mean stampers!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

I usually see the products at my SU's demo. They are pretty high quality. The new paper trimmer is awesome as is the scoreboard. It has little arrows that you can use to mark where to score.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #68  
Crimping Master

For those of you that live in northern Ohio, here in Sandusky we have a great LSS called The Embellished Scrapbook Boutique. Even though it is on the small side, Jean and John have utilized every bit of space and packed it full of scrapbooking as well as stamping supplies. There are several classes (my sister and I teach there) offered each month and for a small yearly fee, you can use their tool area which is full of punches, dies and Cricut cartridges to use.

ESB has been opened for 3 1/2 years and business seems to be pretty steady for them. They get new stuff in every week so you won't get bored looking at the same old stuff. I'm usually there several times a week, have some input on what to order and even help unpack the new stuff occasionally and I still find stuff that I didn't know about when I walk around the store. My 9 year old is addicted to going to the store and considers it her second home.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #69  
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
If you're in Akron you can go to the Adventures in Stamping convention at the end of April! Adventures In Stamping - Home It's always the weekend of my birthday so I ask for cash so I can go and feed my addiction! LOL. ... ...
I'm happy to hear that this is a good show. I'm leaving TX tomorrow to make my first OH visit, working this show! Hope to see some of y'all there! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes