Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 AM   #81  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day StamperView Post
Forgot about rub-ons, oh yeah, that's why I don't use them.
Lois
Ditto! They really don't like me :(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Rub on's, DSP, I have a ton but I don't feel confident using it. Nesties, I don't pull them out often and they are pretty expensive. Last but not least, my xyron!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Distressed anything. Honestly I WANT to like it - but it always looks like I did something wrong instead of like I intended to make it look like that. I actually had a friend looking through a batch of my cards and she pulled two out (both used distressed paper) and she said "I pretty sure you didn't mean to put these 'mistakes' in your batch of cards." LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Funny!

[QUOTE=Boss;17111345]I want to love is dew drops. What was I thinking?! Those things are nasty to use....they "fly around like hockey pucks on a freshly Zamboniied rink" QUOTE]

Hysterical!! I nearly spewed Dr Pepper on my screen!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

Default punches-anna griffin

I love Anna Griffin designs..I use her papers, cardstock etc..but I bought 3 of her punches (not cheap either) and they only punch thin paper! I wanted to punch designs in my cards, and they sit on my table staring at me....ugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

I made my sister a b-day card and distressed it and she called and said she was wondering why I sent an old beat up card.ha ha ha... I loved how it came out though, so I don't distress anything that goes to her..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #87  
Crimping Master

Wishing I had all this information when I started stamping and before I bought all those "wonderful, must have" products.
Every new stamper should come here and read this thread before buying.
Lois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 AM   #88  
Compulsive Stamper

I started out today a bit glum...I am now laughing so hard I had to stop and
catch my breath!! Other than chalks and buttons, which have both been mentioned, I will now admit my biggest problem - products with super-uber cutesy names! I often have seen gorgeous projects with some of this stuff, but I just can't abide some of the names and wonder who comes up with this stuff?? For example, I love pearlized shimmer spray, I simply cannot use "smooch spritz". I often use an anti-static bag when I'm embossing, I cannot abide an "embossin' buddy"- I couldn't live without red-liner tape...but I will not use "sticky strips". I know...it's probably something deeply psychological from my childhood (somebody called me a stupid name or something) but, the names given to some of these products drive me up the wall!!!
ok......thanks to all of you for allowing me to get this off my chest...I feel better now....at least till the next time! lol
God Bless,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #89  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by rembrandtView Post
I just can't abide some of the names and wonder who comes up with this stuff?? For example, I love pearlized shimmer spray, I simply cannot use "smooch spritz". I often use an anti-static bag when I'm embossing, I cannot abide an "embossin' buddy"- I couldn't live without red-liner tape...but I will not use "sticky strips". God Bless,
You preach it girlfriend. I'm a fifty-something grown woman and I do NOT smooch-spritz, buddy or inkadink. Sigh. Anyone want to invent some great new product for us grown-ups?
~Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #90  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
You preach it girlfriend. I'm a fifty-something grown woman and I do NOT smooch-spritz, buddy or inkadink. Sigh. Anyone want to invent some great new product for us grown-ups?
~Blessings
Oh then calling red-liner tape "baloney tape" must drive you crazy!

I have a problem with all the things that come in cutesy packaging - I like smootch accent ink but the nail polish bottle bugs me. It won't fit on any of my shelves. I don't need a pink paper cutter, or neon green storage basket, etc. Oh I know a lot of people like the colors, but I like white or clear so I can decorate it myself. Sorry for the rant.... Oh, I wonder if we pay extra for all the cutesy names and packaging??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #91  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Oh, I wonder if we pay extra for all the cutesy names and packaging??
Oh yeah you do. I work for a pharaceutical company but I work in the Marketing dept. Yes, yes, yes... you pay a lot for all the time it took for people to sit around in meetings for hour upon hour trying to come up with something - anything - that will make people remember your product. The truth is, even if we don't like the name - we do remember it. LOL Cha-ching, Cha-ching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #92  
Compulsive Stamper

I remember it alright, with steam coming out of my ears! I am so glad to
know that I am not the only one with this problem...we 50 plus women just
cannot go into a LSS and say "do you carry smooch?" Not that the product
is bad mind you.....sigh
One more - my xyron, the big one. I absolutely love my little sticker maker size and use it all the time, and I loved my big one for a long time, but recently I have found that the adhesive is horrible. I run my piece through, burnish it well, pull off the cover sheet, and when I pull off the piece the adhesive comes right off. It's getting rather annoying, and I won't put out any more big bucks for a xyron cartridge until I know what's wrong. My last 2 cartridges have been like this!
God Bless
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #93  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something I realised I REALLY didnt like last night! Grunge Paper! Im fine with the result but I cant get over the smell!!! :( All of the craft class was laughing at me last night for not being able to get over that. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

I started out today a bit glum...I am now laughing so hard I had to stop and
catch my breath!! Other than chalks and buttons, which have both been mentioned, I will now admit my biggest problem - products with super-uber cutesy names! I often have seen gorgeous projects with some of this stuff, but I just can't abide some of the names and wonder who comes up with this stuff?? For example, I love pearlized shimmer spray, I simply cannot use "smooch spritz". I often use an anti-static bag when I'm embossing, I cannot abide an "embossin' buddy"- I couldn't live without red-liner tape...but I will not use "sticky strips". I know...it's probably something deeply psychological from my childhood (somebody called me a stupid name or something) but, the names given to some of these products drive me up the wall!!!
ok......thanks to all of you for allowing me to get this off my chest...I feel better now....at least till the next time! lol
God Bless,
I hear you on getting hung up over a name. I thought briefly about becoming a hobby demo for TAC (The Angel Company) but decided I couldn't stomach being called (thought of, or referred to as) an "angel" (that's what their demos are called), not even in secret (even if I didn't tell anyone I was a demo). Love their stamps though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #95  
Compulsive Stamper

Ok, so ONE more thing and that's it for me. I wish I loved my Wizard Die
Cut machine. It's the very first one I bought, and I LOVE Nesties, but after
I noticed a very real huge bruise on my midsection from those plastic plates
whapping me in the stomach every time I die cut something - I just couldn't take the pain anymore! My loving family bought me a Cuttlebug for my birthday and I am content. My daughter was scrapbooking in the dining room the other day and asked if she could borrow my Wizard since I don't use it anymore. I was busy, not thinking so I said sure! Only 2 minutes later I hear a screech and a crash as those plates wooshed off the dining table and knocked off the candlesticks! Oops! I forgot to tell her to watch the those exits! So now she uses my cuttlebug too!
God Bless
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #96  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnieuView Post
I made my sister a b-day card and distressed it and she called and said she was wondering why I sent an old beat up card.ha ha ha... I loved how it came out though, so I don't distress anything that goes to her..
I am with your sister on this one. LOL I hate distressed anything . I like things to look crisp and new.
I also take very good care of everything I have so it stays looking like new.

Some people like antique furniture with gouges, water marks and scratches . Not me !. I have sacrificed the resale value of a couple of antiques and had them professionally refinished.

If we all liked the same things this would be a very boring life!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #97  
Crimping Master

The thing I most want to love is a paper storage solution.

Every storage idea I've manged to purchase has been inadequate. :( Not many choices here in Aus.

Would love to be able to get Scrap N Cube or even Jetmax. DH is a cabinet maker, so I've got no chance of him actually building it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #98  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoffeeKatView Post

Would love to be able to get Scrap N Cube or even Jetmax. DH is a cabinet maker, so I've got no chance of him actually building it for me.
And the faucets in a Plumber's house usually leak :lol::lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #99  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
And the faucets in a Plumber's house usually leak :lol::lol:
Yep. Same principle. Electricians with blown light bulbs and mechanics with broken down cars...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #100  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoffeeKatView Post
Yep. Same principle. Electricians with blown light bulbs and mechanics with broken down cars...
Hey! My DH resembles that comment! We are doing a frame off on his 61 Chevy Apache, but can a girl get her brakes done or her heater core fixed? Heck no! But on the other hand he will build me furniture...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisha_1988View Post
Something I realised I REALLY didnt like last night! Grunge Paper! Im fine with the result but I cant get over the smell!!! :( All of the craft class was laughing at me last night for not being able to get over that. lol
Oh my, it stinks, doesn't it. Thank goodness the smell has mostly worn off after leaving it out of its packaging for a couple of weeks. I don't like grunge, but I'm liking the paper more than I expected to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

I want to love my Big Bite but it just does not work the same as the crop a dile. I may throw it in the garage sale pile as well!

I have a whole set of all purpose inks that I wish I had more love for. Can't throw them away or get rid of them as they were too pricey and they are good for tiles.

And really... what made me believe that I really needed to buy the sizzix die that has 4 different size squares? I can cut squares straighter...I still shake my head every time I see that die. And I wonder why no one buys it at my garage sales,lol.

Most of all I want to be able to love my creations when I try to use lots of stuff on a card but I just can't get the hang of that and it simply looks like my storage bins vomitted on my card when I am done.

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #103  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvaCView Post
Most of all I want to be able to love my creations when I try to use lots of stuff on a card but I just can't get the hang of that and it simply looks like my storage bins vomitted on my card when I am done.
Same here! After many failed attempts making Clutter Cards (mine looked like a yard sale was taking place), I figured out that Clean & Simple style is more my speed. Can't say that it takes me any less time to make them, but at least the final product is worth the effort. Of course the now the question is, what do I do with all the "stuff" I bought to make the busy cards? :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #104  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvaCView Post

I'm not good with all the extras either. Other people do beautiful layouts and I just do my card and can't figure out where to put the extra stuff.
Lois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #105  
Pearl-ExPert

I soooo wanted to love my Copics, but I just can't!! I hate them and always use my colored pencils!! Maybe I'll just have to keep trying with them, but I don't know....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Same here! After many failed attempts making Clutter Cards (mine looked like a yard sale was taking place), I figured out that Clean & Simple style is more my speed. Can't say that it takes me any less time to make them, but at least the final product is worth the effort. Of course the now the question is, what do I do with all the "stuff" I bought to make the busy cards? :rolleyes:
LOL - I wholeheartedly agree!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #107  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfullyhisView Post
I soooo wanted to love my Copics, but I just can't!! I hate them and always use my colored pencils!! Maybe I'll just have to keep trying with them, but I don't know....
I so agree with this. I see all the beautiful coloring and I want to do it, but it never looks right. And after all I spent on the sets, I really WANT to, but it's my colored pencils and gamsol I always reach for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ugh, mine is Flower Soft. I thought it was so fun when it came out so I scooped it up in a load of colors. Every time I attempt to use it, it just looks like a hot-mess on my project! I have no patience for it, I guess...but I have so much of it, I'm determined to keep trying!
Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by anne_marieView Post
Ugh, mine is Flower Soft. I thought it was so fun when it came out so I scooped it up in a load of colors. Every time I attempt to use it, it just looks like a hot-mess on my project! I have no patience for it, I guess...but I have so much of it, I'm determined to keep trying!
Here�s another vote for the hot mess that is Flower Soft - LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #110  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am trying to get with the whole felt craze but can't seem to do anything that I like with it. Thankfully I only spent about $3 for a bunch of lettersize pieces in a bunch of colors.

I also can't get into the owl thing going on.....in fact I am really really sick of owls. I just don't give a hoot....

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

I absolutely love my Xyron. It is my most used tool...I do all my layers with it. I buy the refills with 40%-off coupons.

I loved the idea of the SU Itty Bitty Button, matching punches, and stamp set.
But when I tried to used them on a card, punching & stamping the images, and adding the buttons, they still just looked like buttons.

I also love the idea of the Wheels, and used to always buy the matching wheel for every set I bought. But I just find they are too hard to work with, I can't get them to roll straight and with even ink coverage, and I even have the wheel guide.

LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by justampinView Post
Rub on's, DSP, I have a ton but I don't feel confident using it. Nesties, I don't pull them out often and they are pretty expensive. Last but not least, my xyron!

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts
Default rembrandt...

I'd suggest you return it for a refund. It was probably a bad lot. I had this problem a couple of years ago for a short time. I returned them to the big box store I bought then and got a refund. Then I went to another big box store in another city, and had no problems with it. LM :-)

Quote:

I remember it alright, with steam coming out of my ears! I am so glad to
know that I am not the only one with this problem...we 50 plus women just
cannot go into a LSS and say "do you carry smooch?" Not that the product
is bad mind you.....sigh
One more - my xyron, the big one. I absolutely love my little sticker maker size and use it all the time, and I loved my big one for a long time, but recently I have found that the adhesive is horrible. I run my piece through, burnish it well, pull off the cover sheet, and when I pull off the piece the adhesive comes right off. It's getting rather annoying, and I won't put out any more big bucks for a xyron cartridge until I know what's wrong. My last 2 cartridges have been like this!
God Bless

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #113  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
I am trying to get with the whole felt craze but can't seem to do anything that I like with it. Thankfully I only spent about $3 for a bunch of lettersize pieces in a bunch of colors.

I also can't get into the owl thing going on.....in fact I am really really sick of owls. I just don't give a hoot....
I don't give a hoot about owls either!! But I just LOVE felt!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
With ya on this one. I am SO challenged when it comes to doing this in a straight line. Mine always look like I had a few too many -- and I don't even drink!!

Everyone says to unmount them and use a long block. I haven't done it yet, as I only have two wheels, but it makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, my other thing is rub-ons...just so darn cute...but I just can't get into them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #116  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Oh my, it stinks, doesn't it. Thank goodness the smell has mostly worn off after leaving it out of its packaging for a couple of weeks. I don't like grunge, but I'm liking the paper more than I expected to.
Is it like glittered paper smell, but worse? Bleh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #117  
Crimping Master

I can't think of much that falls under this category. Right now, I would have to say the MS Punch Around The Page set I got recently. Of course, this is more user issues than the product itself, so far I haven't been able to get all the way around without lining it up wrong at some point. I am hoping I get the hang of it at some point in the near future, as there are several sets I wouldn't mind getting.
There other thing I really would like to love is crafting with my daughters. When I would work on stuff when they were younger, I couldn't wait until they were older so they could work on stuff with me. Now they ask if they can stamp with me or work on other craft projects with me and having seen what they do to their own stuff, I cringe at the thought of sharing mine. Instead, I keep a stock of project materials specifically for them to use, so they can craft, and if it gets broken or stained, at least it wasn't my good stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #118  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:

Originally Posted by ormondView Post
..I wanted and still want to...love..the brayer, but always find it frustrating, hard and STRESSFUL!
Same here.
But I'm signed up for a Zindorf Workshop so hoping that'll change!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Is it like glittered paper smell, but worse? Bleh!
Sort of fishy :shock:, but it does wear off pretty much on its own, whereas I've heard people say they had to store glitter paper in a bag with a dryer sheet for ages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 04:21 AM   #120  
Inking Addict

I'm one that doesn't like the "cutesy" woodland type creatures! Although I AM getting into owls now (of course when the trend is on it's way out or GONE is when I start to like something LOL )

I WANTED to love my ATG (hey I spent big bucks on it afterall!) but I don't. I like it "okay" but love? NOPE - and I've given it a fair chance - I've had it awhile and gone through a whole roll of tape but still no love..........:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes