Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:22 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Location: Our manufacturing plant and warehouse is located in Anaheim, California.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
First...applause for Stampendous customer service responding on this thread, and being so helpful!

Second, I have only purchased wood mount stamps from them so this has not been an issue for me. I can't comment or make suggestions on the packaging or any instructions as I have not seen them myself.

One thing I didn't see mentioned specifically is that the vinyl cling sheet on the back of the stamp is NOT TRIMMED TO THE SHAPE OF THE STAMP. I apologize if this was mentioned in an earlier comment, I am trying to get ready for a meeting and may have missed it.

I think the fact that the vinyl cling sheet is bigger than the stamp is what messes people up. I noticed it on the video that was linked by Stampendous way up near the top of this thread. Even though it was not talked about specifically on that video if you watch you see the demo picking up and handling the stamp by that "extra" vinyl.

Would the stamp be as easy to place and remove from the acrylic block without all the extra? Could you simply trim it to the shape of your stamp? If I do buy any of these type stamps in the future I would want to trim it to shape.

I don't know what Stampendous has tried in terms of instructions on the packaging but it seems like the place to start is with a statement that the vinyl cling is larger than the stamp, it is not trimmed to shape, but it has the image on it and must stay on the stamp. Once people understand that part I think you avoid the problem of people ruining their stamps.
Thanks for your suggestions. We cannot trim it to shape, unfortunately. Our stamp cutting method doesn't work with the cling attached, we have tried that. We do welcome customers trimming their own, however we've found the excess vinyl to be very handy in improving the cling to the acrylic block and providing an ink free handle for removing the stamp from the block when using several stamps with the same handle. When storing the stamps in storage like our stuftainers or other cling storage, the excess vinyl easily overlaps so that storage can be filled with stamps.

Thanks everyone for your input. We're always happy to hear your feedback about our products.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

I love Stampendous stamps and understood immediately that the soft vinyl layer with the photo on it is supposed to stay ON the stamp. It was pretty intuitive for me. I guess I'm an oddball!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampendousGraphicView Post
Thanks for your suggestions. We cannot trim it to shape, unfortunately. Our stamp cutting method doesn't work with the cling attached, we have tried that. We do welcome customers trimming their own, however we've found the excess vinyl to be very handy in improving the cling to the acrylic block and providing an ink free handle for removing the stamp from the block when using several stamps with the same handle. When storing the stamps in storage like our stuftainers or other cling storage, the excess vinyl easily overlaps so that storage can be filled with stamps.

Thanks everyone for your input. We're always happy to hear your feedback about our products.

I've always used unmounted rubber stamps without indexing on it. But I know of some other companies out there now. That PRINT the indexing on the Cling foam. NO Stickers, NO Cling film.

Why couldn't you do this too?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
I love Stampendous stamps and understood immediately that the soft vinyl layer with the photo on it is supposed to stay ON the stamp. It was pretty intuitive for me. I guess I'm an oddball!
I knew it once I realized what it was. I couldn't tell at first since it's clear so I had been holding a piece if it down and went to pull the stamp up like I would any other. I don't think people expect the cling to come out further than the edge of the stamp and that is what contributes to the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
I've always used unmounted rubber stamps without indexing on it. But I know of some other companies out there now. That PRINT the indexing on the Cling foam. NO Stickers, NO Cling film.

Why couldn't you do this too?

Where are those stamps made? The rep said that they have not found a cost effective way to do it and those other companies that do are usually made in China. I have no idea if this is accurate or not (though we do know many stamps are made in China!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugal scrapperView Post
Where are those stamps made? The rep said that they have not found a cost effective way to do it and those other companies that do are usually made in China. I have no idea if this is accurate or not (though we do know many stamps are made in China!)
Fun stampers journey as far as I know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Fun stampers journey as far as I know.
That's who, not where. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

I looked it up and the website says USA.

However, keep in mind the rep said 'cost effective'. This is going to vary by company and their own parameters.

Also keep in mind the difference between companies - the above one mentioned is direct sales company while others, like Stampendous, sell through a 3rd party (i.e. LSS's and box stores). Everyone involved either way has a hand in the cookie jar but some cookie jars have more hands than others. ;)

Last edited by frugal scrapper; 08-14-2015 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2015, 02:21 AM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Do NOT pull off that layer, it is supposed to be there. That is the cling film. I just trim mine close to the stamps, not sure why Stampendous leaves it untrimmed the way they do, but it should not be peeled off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadiebirdView Post
Do NOT pull off that layer, it is supposed to be there. That is the cling film. I just trim mine close to the stamps, not sure why Stampendous leaves it untrimmed the way they do, but it should not be peeled off.
The rep already explained in a previous post that their stamp cutting machine does not allow for them to cut the stamp with the cling vinyl on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm so glad this old thread got bumped to the top. I recently wrecked my Mermaid Kiddo stamp. Since I have a habit of buying stamps, and not getting around to using them right away (as in YEARS sometimes), I assumed the stamp had melted into the backing or something. I saw it was cling (which I thought was a weird "backing" for it), and just shrugged and went to trim around the rubber. Well, dummy me, when I was trimming I had the cling side face up, instead of the rubber side. The image on the cling didn't match up exactly to the rubber, so I ended up cutting off some of her hair.

After I read this thread, I got curious and went to look at my stash of other Stampendous cling stamps I haven't inked yet. Five out of eight of them have "peel here" on them. I can practically guarantee I would have tried to peel the cling off the stamp! lol

So, thank you very, very much StampendousGraphic for taking the time to post explanations. I love the quality and designs of Stampendous stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #52  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Hi Pam,

"I have a habit of buying stamps and not getting around to using them right away"....that certainly resonated with me. Maybe others??, lol....maybe the title under all of our names should just be stamp collector, ha, ha.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

You noticed that phrasing, huh? lol And yes, "collector" definitely sounds better than "hoarder", don't ya think? haha
Reply With Quote Likes