Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks to the person that found my purse...

I was at session 1, ran to the restroom and in my excitement left my purse haging in the stall. I didn't realize until a while later that it was gone. I freaked out, wondering how I was going to get on my plane home without any ID (although I SO would have loved the excuse to stay for session 2!!).

But my stamping sisters came through!:-D My purse was at the lost and found with all credit cards and cash in it's place too. So sorry for the blanket thanks... but I am just REALLY greatful to the person that found it and turned it in. You saved my life!! So if you read this, THANKS!!! I would send you a card if I knew who you were!!
Canine Camping: The Blog
See you in SLC in 2008!

Last edited by devene; 08-03-2007 at 09:34 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #2  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I had my ID picked up off the floor and turned in last year, so I have an inkling of the panic you felt about how you were going to get on the plane! This year I brought my passport too and left it in my carry-on luggage in my room.... just in case I got klutzy with my license again.... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is SO awesome! All intact!!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I truly believe there are more good people in the world than there are bad ones. So happy for you.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

With all the bad things you hear about the behavior of people in general, I really believe there are more good people out there than bad. I used to have a problem with leaving my purse at places (I tended to hang it on the back of a chair and leave it). I haven't left it anywhere in recent years so I have finally learned to be more aware. Over the years I have left it at McDonald's, Wendy's, a church meeting room, in the shopping cart at Target (the day before my first son was born). Every single time, I have recovered it with nothing missing!

That is so wonderful that someone turned it in. What a hassle if you hadn't found it. Too bad they did not leave their contact information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm so glad it was returned with nothing missing! Sometimes we forget about the good people; one bad one can outshine many good ones.

I was always afraid of leaving a purse on the back of a restaurant chair too...now if I need to bring money or anything I use my fanny pack. Of course, if I went to a fancy-schmancy restaurant it wouldn't look so hot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

That is so awesome. It's nice to hear that there are good people out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

That's so great! I have done that sort of thing a couple times (although generally I realize it quickly enough that I can go back and snag it). When I'm sitting down somewhere, I now loop my purse strap around my leg so I practically fall down when I stand up. But no more forgotten purses!! :-D
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually did the exact same thing. But, in my case, I literally RAN back to the bathroom....took a guess at which stall....it was open and there hung my purse! Whew, I know your relief!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

My friend lost her phone after the Watercolor class! She didn't realize it till after the 2nd class following!!! And it's a really really nice phone! Takes very nice photos and it was NEW! Her husband would have killed her. It wasn't turned in at Lost and Found--it was under the table we sat at during the Watercolor class!!! Can you believe it?? Wow.
I did lose my phone the next day at a "shady" McDonald's in Denver. Boohoo. No big deal. I'm just grateful I didn't lose my wallet! And so many friends are offering me their phones they don't use anymore. There are so many wonderful people out there and I'm blessed they're in my life!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

It is good to know that there are so many great people out there. My upline said she would have been shocked if other SU! demos hadn't brought the purse down to lost and found.

Funny thing is, earlier in the day I had found someone else's camera and wallet. The person sitting next to me in general session had put her stuff in my blue bag (since we all had the same one!). I literally ran down to lost and found (and I am not a runner! LOL!) in a hurry because I thought about how upset I would be in her place (without ID, camera, money). So I guess what comes around goes around!
See you in SLC in 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by deveneView Post
I was at session 1, ran to the restroom and in my excitement left my purse haging in the stall. I didn't realize until a while later that it was gone. I freaked out, wondering how I was going to get on my plane home without any ID (although I SO would have loved the excuse to stay for session 2!!).

But my stamping sisters came through!:-D My purse was at the lost and found with all credit cards and cash in it's place too. So sorry for the blanket thanks... but I am just REALLY greatful to the person that found it and turned it in. You saved my life!! So if you read this, THANKS!!! I would send you a card if I knew who you were!!

If your purse was the small denim one left at the Pajama party restroom, I was the one who turned it in! A fellow demo walked into the stall, thought it was mine and handed it to me. I took it to the lost and found. Glad everything was still in it!!

Deborah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

CLAP*CLAP*CLAP* Deborah!!!!!

Even if it was a different purse you deserve a big thank you!
-:�:- ((��.��

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I left my bag at Sam's diner on the back of my chair after breakfast opening day of lst Session. We were a block and a half towards the convention center when one of the gals in my group asked about it. I ran all the way back and it was just being noticed by the bus boy and another customer. Luckily I had my credit cards and ID with my badge around my neck, but would have hated losing my convention bag and stamp set, etc. Love the bags this year! Seems like last year someone had left their badge and wallet thing under their chair during general session and it had their charms and pins on it, and they never did get it back. Now that is sad! Only demos or SU related people around and it never got turned in or given back. I think I remember you who lost her purse. I heard you talking to someone, saying you wouldn't be able to fly back home, etc. and you had been in the bathroom. So happy to hear you got it back. Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinXtraView Post
If your purse was the small denim one left at the Pajama party restroom, I was the one who turned it in! A fellow demo walked into the stall, thought it was mine and handed it to me. I took it to the lost and found. Glad everything was still in it!!

Deborah
Nope that wasn't mine but I wanted to send out a big thank you to you anyhow... because as forgetful as I am it very well could have been! LOL!!! I left mine in the bathroom off the area where general sessions were held.
See you in SLC in 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by starzlmom28View Post
I left my bag at Sam's diner on the back of my chair after breakfast opening day of lst Session. We were a block and a half towards the convention center when one of the gals in my group asked about it. I ran all the way back and it was just being noticed by the bus boy and another customer. Luckily I had my credit cards and ID with my badge around my neck, but would have hated losing my convention bag and stamp set, etc. Love the bags this year! Seems like last year someone had left their badge and wallet thing under their chair during general session and it had their charms and pins on it, and they never did get it back. Now that is sad! Only demos or SU related people around and it never got turned in or given back. I think I remember you who lost her purse. I heard you talking to someone, saying you wouldn't be able to fly back home, etc. and you had been in the bathroom. So happy to hear you got it back. Lynn
Yes, and at the time there was no change of contacting Michigan Secretary of state, so I would have had to wait until Monday to get them to expedite something. Whew! Luckily all ended up well.

I think you have the right idea. I need to wear all essesntial in a neck ID holder so I can't lose it.
See you in SLC in 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Your Purse

I know who it was that found your purse. She is a wonderful gal in my downline, and when she found it in the bathroom during general session, she quickly came to me and said, "Somebody lost a purse! Who do I turn this in to?" It was her first convention, so she didn't know about Lost and Found. I helped her find Lost and Found and she turned it in for you. I don't think she's ever posted on SplitCoast, so thought I would answer for her. Here is her e-mail address though so you can thank her "in person"! STAMPERS ARE THE BEST!!! E-Mail: [email protected] Her name is JoAnn. She'll be relieved to hear that someone claimed it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 AM   #18  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

that's exactly why i've quit carrying purses.

i ALWAYS lose them.

i normally just keep debit card and driver's license in my front pocket.

maybe a $20 bill for emergencies.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuAnn DehneView Post
I know who it was that found your purse. She is a wonderful gal in my downline, and when she found it in the bathroom during general session, she quickly came to me and said, "Somebody lost a purse! Who do I turn this in to?" It was her first convention, so she didn't know about Lost and Found. I helped her find Lost and Found and she turned it in for you. I don't think she's ever posted on SplitCoast, so thought I would answer for her. Here is her e-mail address though so you can thank her "in person"! STAMPERS ARE THE BEST!!! E-Mail: [email protected] Her name is JoAnn. She'll be relieved to hear that someone claimed it!
Thanks a bunch!! I will e-mail her :-D
See you in SLC in 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Wow! This just gives me the warm and fuzzies. I love it when people are so honest and much easier to live alongside rather than those that are only caring about themselves. Just makes you feel great how nice almost everyone is in general in the stamping world.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Amen to that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmscopingView Post
that's exactly why i've quit carrying purses.

i ALWAYS lose them.

i normally just keep debit card and driver's license in my front pocket.

maybe a $20 bill for emergencies.
During convention, I have always loved the little wallet on a string they gave us at check-in so I was very appreciative of the people from first session who told us there was no wallet this year. I think the last couple of years I have taken an old one and put my ID, convention name tag and my Discover card along with my cash into the convention wallet and just travel with it that way. Usually I tuck it down inside my shirt so it isn't obvious but I do feel a lot better traveling that way, especially trying to get thru the airport, etc. and never have to worry about loosing my purse.

However, I did loose a bag full of my swaps the day we did the SCS 3D swap out at lunchtime. We were in line to do a group photo for my UL (she had to wait until we had all arrived so they needed me to be there for the photo and the clock ticked every closer to the swap time. I left my 3D swap with a friend who was also participating and ran to the photo booth then had to dash out and run back to the 3D swap area (trust me, running is not one of my usual activies!) and once I finished the swap out I couldn't find the bag of swap cards (a lot of mine unswapped but also some I had re'c) and I was SICK! Not as sick as if I lost my wallet, mind you, but still.....several ladies helped me look and then I figured I should check back at the photo booth. Nope, not there. Got to the Watercolor class and yippee...my UL had them all the time! I had thrown them on the chair at the photo booth and she saw them after I ran out to the 3D swap and snagged them for me. Wow, thanks, Mom! I had tried to call but the cell phones were getting thru, I was so relieved when she pulled them out of her bag that I almost cried! Can't even imagine loosing a purse and the relief you felt when it turned up INTACT at Lost and Found. Jan
Reply With Quote Likes