Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about being an SU demo...

I have read the info on the SU site, printed out the forms and I am THIS close (holding thumb and index finger together...) to submitting paperwork to become a demo.

I am hoping to get 6 friends to agree to host my first 6 workshops. Really thinking of this as a hobby demo to get all the SU I want at a discount and not to make $ (although that would be a nice bonus).

Tell me what you love and don't love about being a demo - the good, the bad and the ugly...Help me make my decision...

Julie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you have a demo? Has she talked to you about signing up?

Got Metal???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Julie,

Where did you find the forms to print out? I sure don't see them. I think Sencie is right - talk to a demo, first. You need to have a demo sign your forms before you send them in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Default SU site info

The forms are under the 'specials and promotions' area. Click on 'share what you love'.

I have not talked to a demo yet, for two reasons - I use 2 demos depending on who is more convenient. One of them does not share a lot of info. I did not even hear from her about the Spring catty or the retiring list, etc. I have always had to seek her out to ask about specials, workshops etc. I just feel like if she wants my business, she would promote it more. I shoul add my orders with her, at least 1/quarter, have been $50-$100.

The other is a little better, but not very active. She is actually thinking about dropping her demo. My friends who use either of these two have said taht they would become my customers if I do this, but I don't want to 'steal' any customers either.

I am planning to ask the one demo who is thinking of giving up her demo to have lunch this week to talk about it. She has a lot on her plate right now, young family, new puppy, etc, and said her heart just isn't in it. If I sign up under her and she quits, what would happen to me, would I get 'assigned' a new upline? Would it be fair to her to ask her to stick it out through the fall - is it ethical to offer to send her any orders over my minimum so that she meets her minimums too without any effort?

Like I said, not too worried about making $, but if I could invest $200, get the demo kit (the 'suggested' sets are ones I want anyway), and order items for a year at 20% off, I would be ok with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Julie,

The most important thing in any multi-level marketing business is to make sure that you have the right upline (here that would be the demo that you recruit under). This person will be your trainer, your coach, your cheerleader and your mentor. If you do not think that either of the demos you know would be the right upline, go to the demonstrator locator on the SU site and put in your address. Start by looking at the demo websites of those who have them. Look at their calendars to see if they are working their business (workshops, classes, stamp camps, etc.) the same way you would like to do. Look at their card galleries and get a feeling for their stamping style - not that you have to love it. But if you like artsy stamping and they are doing nothing but cutesy, hmmmmmmm......

Once you find one or two that you think you might like to talk to, call them up and tell them that you think that you are interested in being a demo, but would like to talk to them first. Just like a job interview - ask them all your questions and see if you like their answers. Are they easy to talk to , do you feel comfortable talking to them - important questions. I got one of my recruits this way, and we are both happy.

Becoming a demo with the right upline makes it all so much easier. It is worth the time and effort to find the right one.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

hello, This is my first time here. I need to know if any one here know about catalog show? some one asked me about catalog show and I have no idea what it was. thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

A catalog show is where a hostess does not actually have a workshop, but rather shares catalogs and order forms with her friends. She takes the orders and gives to her demo. If the total is enough to warrant hostess benefits, then the hostess will receive those. Lots of hostesses like to do this if they have friends who are already stampers - it doesn't work so well for those who have never put inked rubber to paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangonsnoopea
The forms are under the 'specials and promotions' area. Click on 'share what you love'.

I have not talked to a demo yet, for two reasons - I use 2 demos depending on who is more convenient. One of them does not share a lot of info. I did not even hear from her about the Spring catty or the retiring list, etc. I have always had to seek her out to ask about specials, workshops etc. I just feel like if she wants my business, she would promote it more. I shoul add my orders with her, at least 1/quarter, have been $50-$100.

The other is a little better, but not very active. She is actually thinking about dropping her demo. My friends who use either of these two have said taht they would become my customers if I do this, but I don't want to 'steal' any customers either.

I am planning to ask the one demo who is thinking of giving up her demo to have lunch this week to talk about it. She has a lot on her plate right now, young family, new puppy, etc, and said her heart just isn't in it. If I sign up under her and she quits, what would happen to me, would I get 'assigned' a new upline? Would it be fair to her to ask her to stick it out through the fall - is it ethical to offer to send her any orders over my minimum so that she meets her minimums too without any effort?

Like I said, not too worried about making $, but if I could invest $200, get the demo kit (the 'suggested' sets are ones I want anyway), and order items for a year at 20% off, I would be ok with it.
I wouldn't want to sign up under the one who is planning to quit, because then you won't have a direct upline.
I think who you decide to sign up under depends on what you expect from an upline. Do you want one on one training? Quarterly meetings? Card exchanges? Etc. Think about what kind of support you want and then find out which one you'll get that from.
If you're really just wanting to be a hobby demo it may not matter if you have much support. As for the demo who is quitting... would it be possible that she'd send her customers to you when she quits?
As for the demo who is quitting. Does she have a good upline who would take you under her wings when your upline quits?
Anyhow... just a few things to think about.

Got Metal???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandilotter
Julie,

The most important thing in any multi-level marketing business is to make sure that you have the right upline (here that would be the demo that you recruit under). This person will be your trainer, your coach, your cheerleader and your mentor. If you do not think that either of the demos you know would be the right upline, go to the demonstrator locator on the SU site and put in your address. Start by looking at the demo websites of those who have them. Look at their calendars to see if they are working their business (workshops, classes, stamp camps, etc.) the same way you would like to do. Look at their card galleries and get a feeling for their stamping style - not that you have to love it. But if you like artsy stamping and they are doing nothing but cutesy, hmmmmmmm......

Once you find one or two that you think you might like to talk to, call them up and tell them that you think that you are interested in being a demo, but would like to talk to them first. Just like a job interview - ask them all your questions and see if you like their answers. Are they easy to talk to , do you feel comfortable talking to them - important questions. I got one of my recruits this way, and we are both happy.

Becoming a demo with the right upline makes it all so much easier. It is worth the time and effort to find the right one.

Good luck!
Definitely a good idea to check out the demo locator if you don't want either of the demos you know.

Got Metal???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Thanks for this , i was looking at the same questions! really helped me out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I love being a demo. I love going to the website for ideas and getting the monthly magazine. I consider myself a hobby demo with 1-2 workshops a quater. While I would love to have a bigger business I live in a very small town that has lots of demos in it. I never have problems making the quota but for me its been a little hard right now becuse I want to build my business. If you have any ?'s just pm me. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I signed up to get a discount on the things in the catalog I couldn't live with out- That was 10 years ago! I love Stampin' Up!'s products and the company. If you plan to sign-up you should look around for an active demo. The gal I signed up with quit about a month after I signed up and I still feel the effects today. It is easier if you have someone to help you. I think it is important to attend meetings, get together with other demos and build relationships with your fellow demonstrators. Get on the demo locator or call Stampin' Up! and ask for help- they are there to help you.

Good luck on your decision- I don't think you will regret being a demonstrator.

Check my blog :http://www.ddstamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I decided to sign up last year, I asked around and found out who the top demos in my area were. Then I called them to see which one I liked the best! I didn't want to sign up under any of the demos I knew for a variety of reasons: I didn't want to turn a personal relationship into a business relationship. I wanted someone local who held events I could attend. I wanted someone who had a really good business sense, so I could pick her brain.

My upline is awesome--she's perfect for me. She offers classes and camps, but she doesn't pressure me at all. I am pretty much a hobby demo, and I love it! I like being able to access the demo side of SCS. I like being able to see things early. I like being able to order whenever I want to. I like teaching others how to make beautiful things.

It's fun, and I probably should have signed up sooner than I did, LOL. You can pm me if you want to ask any other questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I became a demo about 15 months ago, with the intention to make it work as a business. I tried that for a few months and decided I had a lot more fun as a hobby demo and have decided to do that for now. My upline was great for awhile but definitely stopped communicating very much once I decided to go "hobby". I love to create things and share that with my friends and family but I don't like the selling aspect of it all so just save up my spare change to make my minimums. I absolutely love the quality of SU products and wish you luck in whatever you decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I agree with many of the other comments that are presented here. I signed up under a friend and have regretted it ever since. I really wish I would have signed up under someone that holds regular team meetings and inspires their downline. My downline just collects money off of all of us and doesn't offer any praise or "fun" to our little group that she is living off of. Trust me, it makes a difference!
Good luck with your endeavor in SU! I have had a lot of fun and have met so many WONDERFUL ladies (and gentlemen!) You are going to LOVE being a demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

I would definitely find a demo who would made a good upline. If one of yours is thinking of dropping DO NOT sign up under her. I repeat DO NOT sign up under her. I promise you that that would not be a good idea. It sounds like you have a great idea of how to get started and I know you said that you only want to do it for a hobby but I can see your wheels turning already. You are talking about getting 6 friends to host 6 workshops. Most hobby demos don't do that from the beginning. I am sure that SU could be more for you than you ever expected. Make sure you find an Upline that will help you in the way you need. Here's my story..... I signed up as a demo in 2001 under someone who was not very active and not a good upline at all because I thought that I was just going to do it as a hobby. Little did I know that it would turn out into a full blown career. By the end of my first year I was #5 Rising Star in the company with no upline support for me or my growing downline. It would have been nice to have some meetings to attend or even have someone pat us on the back. I recently retired from SU but I made sure that my downline had a good support group through a message board that I established.

To answer another question. No, you cannot give another demonstrator your orders that you receive from your customers to help them out. This is in violation of the demonstrator agreement. It is considered manipulation of sales. Please do not sign up with the intention of "helping" someone get their minimums. You will only feel it in the end. I would go to www.stampinup.com and find some demos in your area to interview and meet with.

Good luck!!
Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

First off - you really do need to find a demo to sign up under...

It sounds from your other post neither one would probably be a good fit for you - the one that doesn't share information might not be the best to help you with the basics of being a demo...and the other one that might be dropping won't be able to help you in the long run...

The best thing to do would be to check on the demo locator and e-mail some of the demos in your area and ask
If they already have a downline
If they do - what sort of training or meetings do they do for thier downline
How available would they be should you have questions...

If you want to take advantage of the Recruiting Special SU has now you need to find an upline ASAP - get her to sign the demo paperwork for you and mail it in to SU...the application has to be received and processed by May 31st in order to be able to get the 2 free hostess stamp sets...

For me I have really enjoyed being an SU demo - I went into it thinking well if nothing else I have spent $250 (I got the Scrapbooking add-on) and the value of the items I got was far more then $250...figured I would plod along and if I ever got to the point where I wasn't comfortable with spending a bunch of money out of pocket just to meet the minimums I would just quit...Come July I will have been a SU demo for 2 years...have I made any money - not really...but I have spent very little out of pocket for SU things I want...between my instant income and overrides every now and then, being my own hostess every now and then and a few FREE things from SU along the way - it pretty much has covered everything I have from SU....I will be a demo as long as I do't hemmorage out money just to stay active - KWIM...
BTW I have a small customer base of about 10 customers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I signed up then my upline quit and I've had to figure everything out on my own....kind of a drag, but everyone here on SCS is very helpful. I wish I had an upline, but am not willing to drop and resign under someone because I've been promoted and don't want to have to start back at square one. I've worked really hard to get where I am. I WISH someone would have told Me how important your upline is!! Good luck! SU! is a great company to work for! I love sharing my passion with others!! With 6 friends willing to do parties for you, it sounds like you'd be off to a wonderful start!!

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

I also wanted to add that just because someone is your upline it does not mean they are making any money off you or your downline. They have to reach a certain title and sales requirement. With the new career plan you have to be at least a Supervisor to make anything on just your first level and then it goes up from there. Most likely if someone is trying to maintain a higher title, they are also trying to maintain and help their downline. There is always the exception, though.

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

Default Wow

I have gotten a lot of great input so far. Thanks to each and every one of you for taking the time to respond to this thread and/or PM me.

I have gotten some really sound advice. Will post my decision at some point.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Default hmmm. new question

Ok, so I have contacted three potential uplines, one of my own demos (not the one thinking about quitting) one from the SU demo locator, and one who came highly recommended from someone on this thread. I do really like this one demo I have I like her style, her gentle and patient manner, and she has a scrap/stamp space that I really enjoy frequenting.

It does not look like I will be signed up as a demo before the current bonus (2 new sets) expires May 31.

Doesn't it make sense then, to wait and sign up after the new catty comes out in July? Honestly, I have perused my own 2006-07 IBC so much I can pretty much tell you what page a certain stamp set is on!

With the cattys that some as part of the demo kit, wouldn't I have to just re-order new ones in July anyway?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It does not look like I will be signed up as a demo before the current bonus (2 new sets) expires May 31.

Doesn't it make sense then, to wait and sign up after the new catty comes out in July? Honestly, I have perused my own 2006-07 IBC so much I can pretty much tell you what page a certain stamp set is on!

With the cattys that some as part of the demo kit, wouldn't I have to just re-order new ones in July anyway?
Are you not signing up by the 31st 'cause you won't be ready? Because you (or your upline) can overnight your application, if that's your concern. The reason to sign up now is because of the preveiw hostess sets you would get.

I signed up last July because I wanted to choose my Starter Kit sets out of the new catty. I believe you get a box of old catties if you sign up in June (it might be May, too), and then a box of new ones in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

If you sign up in June, you will receive the 2006-2007 IB&C with your kit, but SU will automatically send you a box of the 2007-2008 catalogs. If you sign up in May, you'll receive the hostess sets, but you will have to purchase a new box of catalogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybsing
If you sign up in June, you will receive the 2006-2007 IB&C with your kit, but SU will automatically send you a box of the 2007-2008 catalogs. If you sign up in May, you'll receive the hostess sets, but you will have to purchase a new box of catalogs.
Thanks for correcting me! I wasn't sure about the cutoff for the two boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

Default well, actually

I could do it by the 31st, I was just thinking, I got a lot of great info about finding/choosing the right upline, that I would need a day or two to get to speak with each of them, and decide. With Monday being the holiday, I wasn't sure about getting the paperwork signed.

I think the May deal is the way to go, 2 sets to not worry about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

Default why no edit feature tonight?

I wanted to add: I am ready, boy am I ready. And that was my 100th post!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

Good luck with your choice! I really love being a demonstrator! I've met some wonderful ladies because of Stampin' Up. I have so much fun planning classes and events for my ladies. It gives me the creative outlet I need while staying home with my son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #28  
Compulsive Stamper

Well, now you're making me want to become a demo too (not that I didn't already...). I'm so scared to do it though. I just moved to a new town, I don't really know anyone (or at the very least don't know anyone interested in stamping) so I would have no idea how to get customers. This fear as kept me from moving forward so far... but oh the dream of being a demo. I know it sounds cheesy, but I know there are those of you out there who know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 AM   #29  
Mad Swapper

What better way to make new friends, als4him?!? You can have an Open House, talk to EVERYONE you meet - hairdresser, people at your kids schools (if you have kids), people at the cable office, grocery store.

This is ALL NEW to you, so you can SHOW THEM YOUR ENTHUSIASM (I think I spelled that wrong)! And when they decide they are interested - YOU'LL be there to show them ALL the cool stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Oh, and you can PM me if you have ANY questions! I was going to PM you, but it seems you don't have that feature turned on.... I asked everything under the sun before joining myself! I was leary of getting into DS after MK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 AM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I could do it by the 31st, I was just thinking, I got a lot of great info about finding/choosing the right upline, that I would need a day or two to get to speak with each of them, and decide. With Monday being the holiday, I wasn't sure about getting the paperwork signed.

I think the May deal is the way to go, 2 sets to not worry about.
I say if you can make a decision by this weekend...get all the paperwork signed and then pay the money to have it overnighted...it will get there by the 31st and you can take advantage of the deal...

If by some reason you decide to wait I would probably wait until July...I had it all worked out with my upline and on July 1st she downloaded all the forms (cause they had changed slightly) filled everything out - I was able to substitute for brand spanking new sets from the catty and I sent it in...I became a demo July 4th...

That year they had a recruiting special of getting a whole set of ink pads free when you became a demo - but they didn't start that until July 14th or something like that - they ended up giving demos who had signed up right before that an extra box of catties...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

I just wanted to add, as others have said, that finding a supportative upline is essential. I do not, however, believe that is necessary that your upline live close to you, so long as they are available to you by email or telephone.

For those on the fence, just do it. I joined 6+ years ago, "just to get the discount" and have never looked back. I have a demanding full time day job, an active teenager a college aged son and a husband. In addition, I have a successful SU business that I refer to as "my fun job"

You still ahve time to take advatage of the May special-2 hostess sets- which I strongly encourage you to take advantage of. Generally we cannot buy these sets, we have to hold our own parties and earn them like everyone else. The value of these two stamps sets far exceeds the cost of a box of catalogs that you'll need to order in June.

While I am sure that any demonstrator will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have, you can also feel free to PM me with your questions. I am more than happy to help push you over the edge!

JUST DO IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

I've had a lot more fun with my stamping since I quit being a demo. I found that it was a lot of work for very little pay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

I have said this on other threads, so sorry if I'm repeating myself, but the other thing that is important is to look beyond your upline. Having a great upline is important, but it's almost as important to have a great network of other demos to interact with. That way, if your upline quits or moves or something changes in her life that makes it difficult for her to support her downline, there will be a network of other people to step in.

What convinced me to sign up under my upline was not just her (though she is absolutely wonderful) but also meeting her upline, and her upline's upline, and some of their ownlines and sidelines, and finding out that these gals get together periodically for swaps and business meetings and are geneally super supportive of one another. For example, this Tuesday my up-up-upline organized a new demo training class and one of her downlines demonstrated the way she does a workshop. I went even thought I have been a demo for over a year just to pick up tips and hints from this very sucessful demo. We had about 40 people in the room, with a good mix of new demos and seasoned demos, and everyone took notes because we can all pick up new tips. It was great!

One of the new gals mentioned that she stays up late at night and would there be anyone on our group mailing list who would be awake to help her if she had a question at 2:00 a.m. About 4 hands went up just in that room (our total group is much larger). So our whole group of demos is extremely important to me and they are all incredibly supportive in helping me achieve success in my business.

Bottom line -- look beyond your direct upline. It's really nice to have a safety net!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayk
I've had a lot more fun with my stamping since I quit being a demo. I found that it was a lot of work for very little pay.
At the level I work my business, that could be very true. I have used my business the last year to really build up supplies of cardstock, designer papers, ribbons, brads, buttons, inks and refills (both craft and classic), hardware, tools, tools, and more tools. Everything I take in goes back into stuff I can use for my stamping classes.

Now, after a year, I am stepping back and thinking, "How much more stuff do I really *want*?" Of course, there is a new catalog coming in a little over a month. :-) I buy what *I* love, then I try to get others to love it, too. That way, I don't feel bad about what I own.

Sooo, I work as little or as much as I want to. It just depends on my goals. I am sure I will reach a point where I don't want to do my monthly classes anymore, but that point is not yet. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #36  
Mad Swapper

I signed up to be a demo in June 2002. I absolutely LOVE it. I did it solely to get the discount. What started as a fun thing to do to relax and "play" has earned me a cruise to the Panama Canal and now, likely, to Bermuda! I work my tail off sometimes and at others I just relax.

Love: how professional SU is, how kind the SU staff are, how high-quality the products are, meeting great ladies via making new customers, being "in the know" when new things come out, our low shipping cost and super fast order fulfillment.

Don't love: inconsistencies in information out of the demonstrator support center (you can ask two people the same question and get two different answers - happens often), too little lead time on knowing what promotions are.

I agree that a solid upline is important to SOME people. I have 29 1st level downline and only 1 of them lives close to me. The other 28 are no less than a few hundred miles away or as far as across country. My gals are very independent. I offer help often (in my opinion) but only a few seek me out. They don't "need" me like some demos need their upline. I think choosing a far-away upline was easy for most of my downline but other gals want a gal to be near them, to see them personally, etc... That is just fine! It's just not the way all upline-downline relationships are. The point is that only YOU know what you need out of an upline and you should just look for that.

One of my qualities as an upline is that I do not pressure. My downline can sell how much or how little they want. I do tell them if their performance would benefit me but only as a point of them being aware then to pressure. Right now I would earn the Bermuda cruise if one more of my downline promotes herself to a certain level by her own recruiting. I offered them all a $250 bonus out of my pocket if any of them does that before June 30 to get me that cruise. I didn't nag them but told them that's a carrot. Either I earn it via more sales or they can earn it for me by recruiting and if they do, they get a reward. I honestly don't think any of them can do it at this point but you never know. I need to sell about $4300 more by June 30 and I think that's realistic for me.

I am also trying to get more recruits and I'm offering a free case of 07/08 catalogs to anyone who signs up under me during May or June. Some demos give incentives like that and others do not. Again, I love having the flexibility of doing what I can do to build my business. I tend to reinvest my income into things like recruiting incentives (like the catalogs) or cash rebates for performance.

Sorry to digress but the point of that is that we all look for different things out of it and we all run things our own way while still staying within the parameters of the agreement we signed. I highly encourage anyone to sign up especially now. Actually, if I were you, I'd choose May if you want 2 free hostess sets from SU and June if you want an extra case of catalogs that we ordinarily don't get (in June all recruits get a case of our current catalogs AND then in July they get a free case of the 07/08 ones - this is the only month that we offer that extra $33 in cases).

All demos can help answer questions for you. Just PM me if you want some more guidance or advice. Good luck and I hope to welcome you to the SU demo world some day!!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Star Stamper- Very well said. How much you want out of an upline and how much physical handholding you want may dictate a close upline vs a long distance upline. My downline is out of town and my upline is getting to move out of time. People come and go-the move, they leave the company-you just never know. No matter how close of how far your upline may be, there are manyplaces, such as SCS where you will be able to get the training, ideas, assistance, help, and support you will need to be successful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESS
Star Stamper- Very well said. How much you want out of an upline and how much physical handholding you want may dictate a close upline vs a long distance upline. My downline is out of town and my upline is getting to move out of time. People come and go-the move, they leave the company-you just never know. No matter how close of how far your upline may be, there are manyplaces, such as SCS where you will be able to get the training, ideas, assistance, help, and support you will need to be successful.
Thanks Colleen And I agree with everything you said as well!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

I became a SU demonstrator in November, so I'm kind of new. I have not had a lot of success in holding classes, but my stamp collection has grown a lot. I do have a group of 6 women that we do a stamping club and that does help. I have some plans to do some craft fairs this fall to try to get some more folks to join a new stamp club and to do some new classes. Don't give up and keep stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

All I can say after reading everyones posts is that I am glad I have my paperwork filled out. I hopefully will be a new Demo very shortly. I was on the fence about when to sign, but after reading this, I am ready to take the plunge.

I e-mailed my Demo I guess soon to be upline that I just need her to fill out her portion so I can overnight it.

Thanks everyone..
debbie
Reply With Quote Likes