Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2018, 01:43 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart Take Good Care of your Rubber Stamp and Stamp Pad

Stamping is possible when you use your rubber stamp with an ink pad. These two should be taken care of properly because they are essential for all types of businesses or just for recreational purposes.

The primary purpose of cleaning them is to preserve its longevity. Taking it into consideration can give us all the benefits that it has to offer. We are here to provide you with the things to consider in taking good care of your traditional rubber stamps and its accessories.
1. The Storage
  • Storing Rubber Stamps
- After getting yourself a rubber stamp and its pad, you should first consider where to store it properly. The most important thing to keep in mind is to store your stamp flat or upright in a cool, dry place away from direct heat, sunlight, and moisture to prevent it from damaging its operation on stamping. You should adequately store it in a cool and dry place. It is advisable that you put it in a transparent container to easily monitor its condition.

If you own a lot of stamps, don't just throw them all packed up in storage. This action could lead to distortion in each rubber stamps and could create a permanent dent in the stamp's impression surface. It also not advisable to store them in a wired basket referring to the same reason. Once damaged, it will leave permanent damage on the rubber.

It is okay to layer your stamps on top of each other; two layers is enough, the heavy ones at the bottom and make sure that the rubber of the stamps is supported enough to prevent it from any future damages.

We recommend clean and unused boxes (pizza boxes will do) to be used as a storage for your rubber stamps but again, keep in mind that you should not exceed more than two layers in topping them or else the bottom layer will carry all the weight and may result in damaging your stamps.
  • Storing your Stamp Pad
Most of the people who own a stamp pad usually store it upside-down so that the ink will rest near the surface of the pad. But we suggest that you should store your pads based on where you want the ink to accumulate. A pigment-based ink pad is so saturated that when you store it upside-down, you�ll end up having too much ink on the stamp, so it is ideal if you just make the ink pull away from the surface. Storing the pad upside-down is only advisable when the ink begins to run dry, it helps in keeping the ink flowing. Always remember to keep them level in storing them or else, their inks could run together.

2. Clean them!
  • Clean your Rubber Stamps
Using your rubber stamps often will eventually lead to the building up of the ink to the stamp�s surface. Negligence in keeping your stamp clean will affect other projects with dirty impressions and worse, your stamp will be useless soon and will end up being thrown in the trash. Cleaning after using them should be practiced to become a habit and give them long, long life and with this, your business, big or small, will surely benefit from it.
  • Water and Soap
Let�s say, you have your company stamp and it was used fresh from stamping or has already a dry ink, you can either use soap and water or use wipes to clean it. When you want to use soapy water in removing the fresh ink in your company stamp, all you have to is to fill a bowl or any medium container and fill it with warm water together with the soap (mild). Start dipping your stamp (rubber portion) into the bowl, spare the holding portion of the stamp from getting wet to avoid any damage. Use a cleaning cloth to wipe or use a soft toothbrush to remove the ink and repeat until the ink is removed. Just be aware that cleaning your stamp using this method can loosen the adhesive of the rubber portion of your company seal. With this concern, you can clean your stamp using the wipes method.
  • Alcohol-Free Wipes
Using the wipes method, just simply wipe off the ink using wipes such as baby wipes, travel wipes or a cleaning wipes. Make sure that the wipes you�re using are alcohol-free because using one with alcohol can make the portion of your rubber stamp design dry, brittleness, cause any damage that leads to a useless stamp.
the best of self-inking stamp
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

First, welcome to Splitcoast Stampers!

Second, I'm not certain who your series of posts is for, or directed to. If you're posting for your benefit, you might be better served to save them on your computer. And it seems like each post has been copied from another site and then pasted here. If that is so, you should put the info in quotes and credit your source.

Third, if you're new to stamping, we're very helpful here, and if we don't know the answer, we'll find someone who does. But the info you're posting is already known by 99.9% of the members here. If we find helpful information elsewhere on the Net, we usually post a link to the info, not the entire article.
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

The original posts had signature links to an online business website (I'm assuming - I didn't click on them). I reported the user, since the posts seemed to be generic in nature and a vehicle for promoting the user's business. Moderators must have removed the signature lines with the links.
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The original post and two others appear to be bogus - as Scrapjanny pointed out, posted to promote a business. I reported them also last night, thought they�d be removed and the poster banned. It doesn�t appear typed (can�t copy parts of it) - more like a photo.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-05-2018 at 04:31 AM..
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Posting for self promotion is against the rules - posting information and having a business link in your signature is not (I have one). Mods are aware of this new user, and we can trust them to make decisions wisely... smile and share your insight on other posts.
Vincent Van Gogh

Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It felt very spammy to me too but if the poster actually participates in ongoing conversations in the future then Welcome to them.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I copied and pasted the first sentence into google yesterday and it took me to a craft forum webpage. I just checked it again and the location I found it on yesterday just shows that the poster in banned.
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
Posting for self promotion is against the rules - posting information and having a business link in your signature is not (I have one). Mods are aware of this new user, and we can trust them to make decisions wisely... smile and share your insight on other posts.

The signature lines must have been against the rules, or they wouldn't have been removed. We're just trying to look out for the integrity of the board, and we did report these posts to the mods. I don't think it hurts to discuss things in a mature manner, and the language in your post appears a little condescending and hand-slappy.

Last edited by Scrapjanny; 06-05-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
The signature lines must have been against the rules, or they wouldn't have been removed. We're just trying to look out for the integrity of the board, and we did report these posts to the mods. I don't think it hurts to discuss things in a mature manner, and the language in your post appears a little condescending and hand-slappy.
It's weird, though, because usually when moderators alter a post, you'll see an edited by line under the original post, and an explanation for the modification, like when they merge multiple threads in the BST forums.
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Please understand our heart on the admin and mod team... we are happy for you to have discussions and opinions. You can trust us to be aware of what's going on in the forums and to take appropriate action. Whatever the original poster's motives were, if we continue to comment on her post, it will remain at the top of the forum. It's just better to report suspicious posts and leave them alone - then if they are not removed, they will soon be pushed down and forgotten. It's better to spend our energy uplifting and educating people in other threads. I hope that clarifies my other post.
Vincent Van Gogh

Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

That makes sense, Dini. Otherwise we�re bumping it. Like I am. :shock:

OTOH, pointing out an issue on the board might be something members want to do occasionally as a heads up to other members. Some members who have been around the block could pick up �off� posts or other issues, so pointing it out might be helpful to newbies. I happened to be a moderator on a large commercial board and we quickly got a sense for problems.

Plus moderators are human, get sleepy, multi-task, and occasionally could miss something. I did. Whim6915 found the same post on another board where the poster was banned. That�s good sleuthing.

Just my take. YMMV.