Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2006, 07:23 AM   #201  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh! I must say as a customer, I am excited by some of the sets! I like!
Stazon Splitcoast

This thread bums me out ... I don't really care who does or doesn't see the mini-catalog... it's a non-issue for me. Demos can't order until May and customers can't order until June. There are reasonable arguments on both "sides" of this issue but I'm not going to re-hash any of them nor am I going to pick sides.
What upsets me here is the total lack of decorum. The outright nasty attitudes and this hostility towards demos. Since when did demos become the "bad guy"? What's up with that? I didn't know grown women could be so juvenile or so overly consumed with something so inconsequential. It's a MINI CATALOG ya'll! Come on! Do you really think it's worth lobbing hateful comments and spreading ill-will around? Aren't there enough truly bad things in this world without creating them out of nothing? I'm sorry - I had not intended to post to this thread but I am just overwhelmed with the negativity.
Flame me if you want to ... I don't care ... I'm taking a hiatus from these boards. Maybe when I get back things will be more pleasant and people will be more interested in the art of stamping rather than tearing each other down.:(
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

This thread is insane!!! My customers are told if they want a sneak peek BEFORE they get theirs in the mail to call and come over and I will share it. As for even the new colors we just seen a little "1x1 swatch" of them in our magazine, so we really haven't seen much of them!!! We can't get the new colors till the new catty comes out even!! I became a demo because I wanted to see the sneak peeks at stuff as my demo wouldn't share it with us
SCS member #735
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

I've not been a part of this thread or the controversy, but I take issue with referring to some of the chit chat as being stupid. It's commonly called "changing the subject" & it was a great idea.
SCS is a fantastic site. The stampers here are friendly & helpful. There really is no need to be rude or hateful.
Mad Swapper

WOW!
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
But the issue here is that she has seen it and wants to discuss it with other non-demos. Not that she feels entitled to knowing. But as a non-demo, she has seen it and would like to share it with other non-demos and discuss it.
VERY WELL SAID, MamaK! I completely agree!

My demo and I were good friends for several years before she decided to sign up with SU. Then, a year or two after she signed her contract, she decided to go to nursing school. She's finishing up her last semester now and between school and her family, she barely has time to see straight, much less think about stamping. I value her friendship far too much to consider switching to another demo who could get the SU news to me in a more timely manner. So, I love being able to find out the scoop here on SCS. And she's been very thankful for a few times I've been able to provide her with info I've found on here (like getting the too-small Canvas backgrounds replaced).

Jpmayo, thanks for posting the link. After viewing the summer mini, I'll say that there are only two sets I'd consider buying from it. Even those two aren't definite must-haves for me. The others just aren't my style.

Now, I guess I'll have to do a search on here to find out what the deal is on the May special that was referenced earlier in this thread...
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink apology

I apologize for overstating many things last night.

As a fairly new stamper, I was hoping to convey that info travels at the speed of light. There is really no way to stop it. Customers research before they buy, and if the information is out there, somewhere, they want to know about it.

I think the overwhelming excitement for this product line must be tremendously uplifting for the demos.

Again, I can see that I became overly involved and dramatic. I apologize for not keeping it brief, polite and to the point. My apologies.:rolleyes:
Matboard Maniac

Thank you for posting the link to the summer mini. As a customer, I appreciate the advance leaks as it takes me forever to make up my mind and I spend alot on SU products. My demo is a busy lady with a full life and has never mentioned being upset that I know in advance and has even thanked me when she hasn't had time to check the specials and I ask her about something I've seen here.
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I'm glad that some of you are grateful for seeing the summer mini so early. If it helped to determine you orders, both current and future ones, that's great, too. But while it is exciting to see what will be available, we all have to wait before getting anything to have fun and stamp with from it.

I don't usually like to be negative, but I think this thread will hurt us all in the future, customers and demos alike. Regardless of what a demo does with information, I don't think SU will be happy with the link to the mini being posted here. And they will know about it, if they don't already. So I wouldn't expect to see such advance notices in the future. This was the first time demos could view the mini online before their pre-order period. While I understand the desire to know everything, I think descriptions of the sets would have been the better route. Providing a link to a limited accessed portion of a company website is invasive to that company and simply not the right thing to do. Consequences are sure to follow.

So enjoy your small victory now - what did you really win?

mother of two stampers: Breana (1 and Nicolas (15)
my gallery
Hot Mess

AS the wise Sophia would say, FIGHT NICE!
Stampin' Fool

I can't get the link to really work, I can't get beyond the cover. Nice cover though, if anyone has any idea why I can't get beyond the cover PM me, it is like it freezes up if I try to move on.

K
Stampin' Fool

I would be happy with just verbal descritptions an names, I really don't mind just small tidbits.

Might be time for sqeaky leaky to start the appropriate type of sharing thread, please!

K
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
Thank you for posting the link to the summer mini. As a customer, I appreciate the advance leaks as it takes me forever to make up my mind and I spend alot on SU products. My demo is a busy lady with a full life and has never mentioned being upset that I know in advance and has even thanked me when she hasn't had time to check the specials and I ask her about something I've seen here.

I totally am with you there. I have a list in the front of my SU catty that is constantly growing. Before I was a SU demo years ago I used to belong to a stamp club and we would get there and it was a mad rush to submit our orders after the project we did and I would literally get sick to my stomach to make a decision. Now I have a list for the spring mini, will wait and see if there are any from the May retired list, and then have a list started for the summer mini. My SU demo hasn't heard from me since like Xmas so she will get a rather long list of things and it is better for her that I have all this sorted out and thought up ahead of time.

However my excitement aside, it is obvious a lot of SU demos will be upset to not be able to spread the news if their customers catch wind first. I know a lot of them will be upset but hopefully this will work in their favor instead. Hey, maybe the demos can have a contest at the beginning of their get-togethers and give out little prizes for the customers that know the answers? Kind of reward them if they know anything, that might help raise the excitement level if you want to have a surprise at your nights. Maybe have a contest on how many ideas they can come up with for using the new set that has the grocery basket and scooter, etc. Person with the most answers/ideas gets something. That will get them excited about the new products and thinking in a new way and so will generate more excitement that might otherwise have not been excited because they already saw it. Just a thought maybe hope this is a good suggestion for you SU demos whaddya think?

OR can anyone do preorders in May? Preorder for a workshop that will be held in June for using the sets, that way there is excitement???
Sassy Shani

Bwahahahahahah!
Quote:

Originally Posted by propecia
AS the wise Sophia would say, FIGHT NICE!
Stampin' Fool

Ok, JMO. the OP wanted to know the "rules" regarding the information she received from a demo. OK fine. Once the "rules" were disclosed on post #46 from JulieHRR that should have been the end of it. Then the mini is posted to this thread. OK fine, but this is the kind of stuff that will make it hard to have this type of site. I am sure there are a lot of unhappy people out there and I bet the mini will not be previewed early again. This is a lose-lose situation. You can all say "well it's out there on other sites" OK fine, but why risk this site's reputation on all this silliness? I am sure this site is watched closely by SU and even the competition which means not only are loyal SU customers getting an advanced look so is the competition, but that is a whole other can of worms. I bet everyone who has seen the summer mini now has a feeling of "let down" all the anticipation is gone! Like riding a rollercoaster for the first time. The entire time you wait in line your excited, the ride is exciting but when you get off, that's it it's over! The great Summer Mini controversy is OVER. Now let's get on to the retired list and new Big catty shall we? JK
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Lightbulb

Someone (HA!) sent me this saying: It's easier to get forgiveness than get permission...
Don't look for me asking next time.

And no, people won't be disappointed when they finally get their hands on the catty in print. People either want to buy the stuff or they don't, it doesn't really matter how long they have to wait, the "want" doesn't just go away.

Who is the person that leaked out the new colors in the big catty, which, by the way, comes out long after this one? Are they now banned from this site? Or, are the in the clique that says what can be leaked and what can't?? Good question, huh?
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
Ok, I need to know the "rules" for talking about unreleased SU info on this site...My sis is a demo, so I was looking with her at the new SU Summer Mini Catty, (on the SU Demo's website), that isnt out yet and wondering if we are even "allowed" to mention what is in it on here. I think we may not be allowed to since there isn't anyone talking about it. Maybe they are discussing it in the Demo Only FOrum but we don't know since she isn't a member yet, of that forum.
Just wondering, thanks!
Exactly, why did she even ask if she wasn't going to listen to what ANY demo had to say??? Geez.... This is CRAZY!!!! She said her Sister was a Demo? I can understand about talking about the cool things you saw but to post the link, Ay Chihuahua!!!! :rolleyes:
Kookie Creator

As a non-demo, I'm disappointed to see that the demos' "early" cards won't be posted where I can see them. To tell the truth, it's the demos advance cards is what sells the sets for me. I have time to "shop" and end up buying more than if I couldn't see the cards until the stamps are available to me as a customer.

Pent up demand is the best marketing tool you demos have going for you! I feel the demos are doing a dis-service both to themselves and their customers by hording the secret. Costs you sales long term.
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As per the demonstrator contract:

Quote:

11. Other Proprietary Rights. I agree that the Company has the exclusive proprietary interest in its information developed by or for the Company, such as, but not limited to, Demonstrator lists, downline and upline lists,customer lists, customer profile data, credit data, manufacturing procedures, Product development information, Product purchase information, consultant and advisor lists, and in all operating, financial, and planned marketing materials, and all other information not provided by the Company to the public; and that such information is confidential (the �Confidential Information�). I understand that the Company shall not sell, exploit, or market this information to other persons or entities. I agree not to use or disclose such Confidential Information to any third party except in strict accordance with this Agreement. I further agree that any Confidential Information given to me is based on my role as a Demonstrator and must be used solely in my business relationship with the Company.
I'm afraid I'm genuinely puzzled as to the hostility and baiting towards demonstrators who believe in the integrity of upholding a legal contract they signed their name to, and why breaching of a legally binding contract is something to applaud?
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphenecho
Exactly, why did she even ask if she wasn't going to listen to what ANY demo had to say??? Geez.... This is CRAZY!!!! She said her Sister was a Demo? I can understand about talking about the cool things you saw but to post the link, Ay Chihuahua!!!! :rolleyes:
I wasn't asking the demos, I know their rule. I was asking the members of SCS, which, I was under the impression in not affiliated with SU?? I was asking what other people with info do with it since I have seen basically everything leaked on here before any demo has told me and no one has recieved such a lashing...must be my "newness" to the site and maybe my application to the "in-crowd" hasn't been approved yet, but that's cool, I like the group I am in...
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I wasn't asking the demos, I know their rule. I was asking the members of SCS, which, I was under the impression in not affiliated with SU?? I was asking what other people with info do with it since I have seen basically everything leaked on here before any demo has told me and no one has recieved such a lashing...must be my "newness" to the site and maybe my application to the "in-crowd" hasn't been approved yet, but that's cool, I like the group I am in...
But the majority of SCS's are demo's, ex demo's or hobby demo's and customers..... It's not an in-crowd thing, it's a RESPECT thing! JMHO..... It seemed to me that you were asking, but not caring what the answers were... Read JulieHRR's posts...

Last edited by dolphenecho; 04-20-2006 at 08:49 AM..
Polyshrink Goddess

No, it's not that you're new....the problem is that by posting that link you could cause serious trouble for your sister, the demo. Did you think about that? She was not meant to give you that link, but of course she would - heck, I'd give it to my sister too! The problem was that by publicly posting it, you now have exposed her to potential trouble with the Stampin Up compliance department.
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I wasn't asking the demos, I know their rule.
So this was all done by intent??
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dslocum
So this was all done by intent??
I am not sure what you mean but I thought I was asking regular people that love stamping and like talking about stamping, not SU demo's. Why arent they on the SU websites demo-only chat rooms? Why was the Spring catty leaked here and the new colors leaked here and the May promo?

Oh and the link was put on there just for meanness, no intent at all
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

And no, people won't be disappointed when they finally get their hands on the catty in print. People either want to buy the stuff or they don't, it doesn't really matter how long they have to wait, the "want" doesn't just go away.

Who is the person that leaked out the new colors in the big catty, which, by the way, comes out long after this one? Are they now banned from this site? Or, are the in the clique that says what can be leaked and what can't?? Good question, huh?

Wow...you are ruder then I thought!!!! :twisted:

You might make a few people happy by posting a link...big deal...anyone could have done that!
The more you keep typing the more you continue to burn bridges. Judging from your attitude...I doubt you care.

For the most part everyone here treats people the way they want to be treated...just remember that ;)

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
If everyone became a demo, there would be no customers ;)
Ain't that the truth!

Will you all just leave jpmayo alone! Come on! She was trying to do a nice thing....and this has been done in the past, info has been leaked, and we found out. Big deal! We know, so move on. I think all this excitement is good for the company, and great for sales. As Martha would say, "It is a very good thing."
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Since you are not privvy to the demo forums, your statement holds NO weight. There indeed was a backlash regarding the early release of certain info, and the demo that perpetrated it was taken to task, DESPITE the fact that she is a VERY well known and respected member of these boards... NOBODY is above reproach when something is leaked. It doesn't matter if you've had 80 posts or 20,000, you didn't know about the "lashing" so you assumed it didn't happen.... Now you've not only jeapardized ANY of us ever getting the mini ahead of time, but also your OWN SISTERS demonstratorship by posting confidential SU materials against her SIGNED demo agreement... JMHO....
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

...I have seen basically everything leaked on here before any demo has told me and no one has recieved such a lashing...must be my "newness" to the site and maybe my application to the "in-crowd" hasn't been approved yet, but that's cool, I like the group I am in...
Nopers, you're in good company. The other folks who've leaked on SCS in the past have gotten slammed at even greater lengths than you have (if you can believe it), and still get to experience snipes to this day (as seen in this thread a few pages ago). It looks like some of that slamming momentum is building up again.
Stazon Splitcoast

Question

QUOTE: 11. Other Proprietary Rights. I agree that the Company has the exclusive proprietary interest in its information developed by or for the Company, such as, but not limited to, Demonstrator lists, downline and upline lists,customer lists, customer profile data, credit data, manufacturing procedures, Product development information, Product purchase information, consultant and advisor lists, and in all operating, financial, and planned marketing materials, and all other information not provided by the Company to the public; and that such information is confidential (the �Confidential Information�). I understand that the Company shall not sell, exploit, or market this information to other persons or entities. I agree not to use or disclose such Confidential Information to any third party except in strict accordance with this Agreement. I further agree that any Confidential Information given to me is based on my role as a Demonstrator and must be used solely in my business relationship with the Company.

Does this mean my demo should not have emailed me the Summer Mini as a PDF attachement last night???
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I am not sure what you mean but I thought I was asking regular people that love stamping and like talking about stamping, not SU demo's. Why arent they on the SU websites demo-only chat rooms? Why was the Spring catty leaked here and the new colors leaked here and the May promo?

Do you even know a THING about SCS? It was started BY A DEMO for her DOWNLINE as a training site when she moved away from the area. This is first and formost a DEMO site, but customers are ALLOWED to visit as well... I would really consider being a little more respectful of that fact...
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

WOW, what a reason. Not to be helpful, not to spread good news, just for meanness. Well, your meanness will hurt many - do you feel better now?

my gallery

Last edited by lauralynn; 04-20-2006 at 09:09 AM..
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwood
Does this mean my demo should not have emailed me the Summer Mini as a PDF attachement last night???
Yes.
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynn
WOW, what a reason. Not to be helpful, not to spread good news, just for meanness. Well, your meanness will hurt many - do you feel better now?[/QUOTE]

I actually have real work to do today but I'll take the time to reply.
That was a joke to the people that think badly of me (I'm SURE they got it). Actually, I have never had an enemy until today, and I guess it feels ok, i'll live (I know, you're disappointed).
Stazon Splitcoast

Devil's advocate....

Part of signing on to be a demo is the fun of getting to see the minis first. If you want to see it before everyone else, sign up!

muwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunseeker
Yes.

Ok... But I'm glad she did... It helped me make up my mind for my May order... And now I can start saving for my June order...

Thanks!!!
Sassy Shani

Can someone just lock this thread??/
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
Make sure you forward any nasty pm's you get to mods...even though people may be angry, they are not allowed to break the TOS.
Actually I was thinking that the nasty posts should be reported to the mods! That little asterisk by the on/off button to the left under your name...that is to report bad posts! I hope Im not the only one using it today! :rolleyes:
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
Do you even know a THING about SCS? It was started BY A DEMO for her DOWNLINE as a training site when she moved away from the area. This is first and formost a DEMO site, but customers are ALLOWED to visit as well... I would really consider being a little more respectful of that fact...
Hey, I have been around here a long time, and this is just not necessary! Stop it!

What's done is done, and I don't think some the posts that are being put here are nice or necessary. I really don't think posting the link was done to hurt anyone....so drop it and move on.
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
I think your hostility speaks volumes. You know you were in the wrong, and instead of apologising you find it better to be insulting and rude. You'd feel a whole lot better if you'd just admit you made a mistake.... but I doubt it will happen.
Have a LOVELY day.... I plan to!
I didnt make a mistake, I did what the 100+ people that PM'd me wanted me to do. I was just tired of typing up individual emails to all of them, the fingers do get sore, you know?

The only thing I am sorry for is that some people used the thread to put other people down and that was not the intent on my part anyway. I imagine that these people were just waiting for the chance to pounce and unfortunately this thread gave them the chance, so for that I am sorry.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

That was a joke to the people that think badly of me (I'm SURE they got it). Actually, I have never had an enemy until today, and I guess it feels ok, i'll live (I know, you're disappointed).
I don't think you are a bad person - I don't know you. You are a stamper so I probably like you. You are not an enemy. I just don't think this is a joke - it is serious and has the potential to cause much larger problems.

my gallery