Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a SU! Question

if you spend over $150, do you automatically qualify for hostess sets with ANY demo or does it depend on the demo?

I'm sure I already know this, just wanted to make sure

thanks

~Kana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

You're supposed to if it's a separate order.....but if you place it on someone elses workshop order it does NOT qualify.

Also I think with the new online ordering system you HAVE to place the order through a demo to get benefits no matter how much you spend.

But I would clarify with your demo that you want to place a "workshop" order.....I think most demos would tell you....but you never know....

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're ordering online through a demo's website you will definitely get them. And if you place a separate "customer" order through a demo via e-mail or phone or whatever, you should be getting the hostess bennies on orders over $150. As Tara said though...never hurts to confirm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannontcView Post
You're supposed to if it's a separate order.....but if you place it on someone elses workshop order it does NOT qualify.

Also I think with the new online ordering system you HAVE to place the order through a demo to get benefits no matter how much you spend.

But I would clarify with your demo that you want to place a "workshop" order.....I think most demos would tell you....but you never know....
This is incorrect....kinda! LOL If you do not choose a demo during the ordering process (or didn't go through a demo's website), then you have the option - pay the higher prices and get rewards or pay lower prices and get NO rewards....

If you place a $150 or greater WITH a demo, you SHOULD get the benefits, unless, like Jessica said, you placed it during someone else's workshop. Then the demo should have at least let you know that you could have qualified on your own (but she's not required to).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
This is incorrect....kinda! LOL If you do not choose a demo during the ordering process (or didn't go through a demo's website), then you have the option - pay the higher prices and get rewards or pay lower prices and get NO rewards....

If you place a $150 or greater WITH a demo, you SHOULD get the benefits, unless, like Jessica said, you placed it during someone else's workshop. Then the demo should have at least let you know that you could have qualified on your own (but she's not required to).
As a new demo, how would you handle it if when you notified the person they could have qualified for a hostess set when booking through someone elses workshop and then they want to change their order so they can get their own benefit? My thought is that they have to book a workshop or catalog party and they can't change their mind and take the benefit away from the person who booked the party.

I would notify the person just so they could book their own workshop next time, but I was just looking for some advice in case this happens to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I understand. Personally, if they decided to change their order, that's their choice. I've never had this problem, but I'm sure there's another demo who can help you out that has Have you already signed up (Don't forget the demo side of SCS!) or are you about to sign up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
As a new demo, how would you handle it if when you notified the person they could have qualified for a hostess set when booking through someone elses workshop and then they want to change their order so they can get their own benefit? My thought is that they have to book a workshop or catalog party and they can't change their mind and take the benefit away from the person who booked the party.

I would notify the person just so they could book their own workshop next time, but I was just looking for some advice in case this happens to me.
This is tough. I guess if you take the time during your presentation to really underscore the whole hostess benefits thing, people should pick it up on their own...orders placed that night earn their friend hostess benefits. In theory, who wouldn't then figure out that they should place a smaller order with this party and a larger one later? That's sort of the standard way the whole party plan thing works.

Still, in the real world, lol, that isn't always the case. I have never had it come up, honestly, where someone wanted to order a large order like than AND demand their own hostess bennies from it. I did have a situation once where someone placed a large order at a workshop. I said something like, "wow! This is really going to bump Susie's hostess benefits! You should consider having a party of your own sometime!" This lady was so generous, she just waved her hand and said, "oh, no...Susie should get her bennies." Whew! I felt like I dodged a bullet.

Basically though...try to really underscore that "orders placed today will go on the hostess's workshop total to determine her benefits." If somebody then wants to get benefits, my hostess would understand that it was their friend, not me, that came up with the idea to take away from her party totals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

GREAT answer Betsy! I KNEW someone would have the answer!
Reply With Quote Likes