Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU new wood mount cases

Has anyone ordered packs of these yet? What are you using them for? I am thinking about buying some to store my wood-mount sentiment stamps (if I can bring myself to break up sets!) and I wondered what others were doing with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I would love to put all my sets in them. Such a great way to store them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to move all my wood sets out of clamshells and put them in these. It'll make it so much easier to find the stamps. In drawers (where my clamshells are now) I forget about them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
I'm going to move all my wood sets out of clamshells and put them in these. It'll make it so much easier to find the stamps. In drawers (where my clamshells are now) I forget about them.
I think it helps that everything will now be a consistent size--my drawers are a mess too for the same reason and it drives me crazy! How will you label them so you know what is what? Just by set name, or will you add tiny thumbnails?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will probably include ONE thumbnail of the thing that will help me remember what's in the set, but they'll be going in a stamp binder so that's all I'll need to help me grab it faster but I'm not going to do a bunch. I don't usually look at those tiny thumbnails on the ones that come from SU so... I just want one for quick reference to the set rather than a "These are all the things in there."

I will stamp the cover sheet and back with all the images though, so when I pull it out I can have an image of it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I just ordered a set of these too, and I'm planning on using at least one for a container for notebook/ notepad, pen, and calculator. I made a similar decorated notepad/ pen kit with one of the clearmount cases, just like the ones that became so popular when those cases first came out. I love that I can always find pen and paper and have a place to keep notes with that, but I also wished (especially while perusing the new catty) that I could also keep my calculator in it, since otherwise I can never find it. So I'll be making a new and improved kit with the woodmount case. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to fit other hard-to-find but often-needed items in there, like a tape measure and a nail file and some lip balm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to store my wood mounts in them. I took all my WM out of the clamshell and grouped them into categories a long time ago. I put them in Stufftainers. I liked those a lot, but they take up an entire shelf on my bookcase and scratch it each time I pull one out. They are also not near my stamping table. So I measured a drawer in my stamp table and hopefully ordered enough of the cases to fill it up. I am just waiting for my order to arrive. I hope this works out, it will be the 3rd or 4th time I have arranged these things. Not to mention all the money I spent on the stufftainers! I sometimes think about un-mounting, but the work involved. Plus, it is nice to just pull out the stamp you want and stamp it, without having to attach it to an acrylic block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallupinoView Post
I just ordered a set of these too, and I'm planning on using at least one for a container for notebook/ notepad, pen, and calculator. I made a similar decorated notepad/ pen kit with one of the clearmount cases, just like the ones that became so popular when those cases first came out. I love that I can always find pen and paper and have a place to keep notes with that, but I also wished (especially while perusing the new catty) that I could also keep my calculator in it, since otherwise I can never find it. So I'll be making a new and improved kit with the woodmount case. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to fit other hard-to-find but often-needed items in there, like a tape measure and a nail file and some lip balm....
We posted at the same time! I love your idea. I made a notebook holder out of a metal DVD case but not much else would fit. Like you said, a thicker case can hold other things too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Am considering buying these but think I'll wait until some of you have them and use a while to comment on how you like them.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to get the wood-mount storage boxes to use to store ink refill color families!

Messy Monday ? Reorganizing Ink Refills
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

If you intend to convert all your clamshells to the new cases you will want to do some measuring especially if you keep your sets together. Where you currently have one clamshell for a set you may need two of the new ones. I was going to convert all my sets to the new cases but will only be doing that with ones I use a lot. I keep a number of sentiment sets at my stamp space and they are not necessarily in the group they came in. While I was able to reduce the number of cases I had out and the stacking is much neater some will not fit in the cases. I will also being using them for small punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks "crazy" -- I'm assuming that probably the larger sets won't all go in one new box. It'll still be nice for the smaller sets and, like you've done, the boxes can be used for other purposes. Will be eager to hear what all people are using them for. Thanks.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2View Post
Thanks "crazy" -- I'm assuming that probably the larger sets won't all go in one new box. It'll still be nice for the smaller sets and, like you've done, the boxes can be used for other purposes. Will be eager to hear what all people are using them for. Thanks.

Wanda
Wanda, Not only will some of the larger sets have to go into two cases some of the smaller sets will not fit in the small but set is to small for a large box..IMO Can play around and find another set to put with it I suppose. Either way they do stack better and are neater than the clamshells but may end up with more boxes than you started out with. I was using CD cases for embellishments like pearls and rhinestones. I had six CD cases going for this use. Moved them to one large and one small case and have room to grow. Also put my small and medium punches using both sizes. Now they are easier to see without digging through the drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
I want to get the wood-mount storage boxes to use to store ink refill color families!

I love this idea! It would be much easier to store and find them organized. I just have them all in a 12x12 organizer and trying to find the one you want is a mess. Off to find my box of empty clamshells and get this project done

thanks for sharing the link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New boxes for reinkers

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post

What a great idea for reinkers so I don't have to pull each and every one out of the box I store them in (I store them upright by color family) because I can't read the labels. Still reorganizing the color families since they changed but this will help.
Thank you,
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I bought a lot of them because I am planning on moving my unmounted stamps (organized by category) into them. I am currently storing those stamps in the univenture binders, but I like the idea of the cases on my shelves being uniform in size. I hav moved a few categories so far and have found that what I had in the binders fits in one wide dvd case.

I did use one wide case to store my extra SU! markers that I don't have room for in the caddy. (the In Color markers and the neutral markers)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcdonoughView Post
I am going to store my wood mounts in them. I took all my WM out of the clamshell and grouped them into categories a long time ago. I put them in Stufftainers. I liked those a lot, but they take up an entire shelf on my bookcase and scratch it each time I pull one out. They are also not near my stamping table. So I measured a drawer in my stamp table and hopefully ordered enough of the cases to fill it up. I am just waiting for my order to arrive. I hope this works out, it will be the 3rd or 4th time I have arranged these things. Not to mention all the money I spent on the stufftainers! I sometimes think about un-mounting, but the work involved. Plus, it is nice to just pull out the stamp you want and stamp it, without having to attach it to an acrylic block.
Well, I started using the new cases. I really like them, but I need 2 to 3 cases to store what fit into one stufftainer. I have one drawer set aside for the cases that holds 20. I have 16 filled up with about 15 stufftainers full still to go. I am thinking about downsizing. Maybe converting some to clear mount. Still deciding what to do. I used to think "the more stamps the better" but as I was going through my birthday and thank you stamps, I was a little overwhelmed. When I start feeling like that then I lose all of my mojo.
I think I am going to make this a summer project.
We will see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I haven't ordered any of them yet but I am planning on ordering. I got one with my new wooden stamp Filmstrip out of the new catty. I love them! I am not replacing my wood mounted stamps in them though - I only have a few since I buy only clear unless it is ONLY available in wood. But I am going to use them for organizing in my craft tote. Dimensionals, rhinestones, small items that get lost in my big tote! Very exicted!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Does anyone know how many re-inker bottles fit in either the half or full-sized wood-mount cases?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on getting tons and not just for stamps. My husband wants a few too to hold some of his office supplies in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was so excited when I saw them in the new catalog. I purchased 2 sets of full size and 2 sets of half size. The clam shells are a mess and I know they have to go. I have plenty of SU, PTI, CTMH, & random buys. I have started by moving my older SU wooden sets from the clam shells to the new cases. (I'm using some of the larger clam shells to store little ink pads, perfect size and I can easily see the inks) LOVE the look and that they stack so nicely and look lovely. They are well made and open and close easily. I am running in to the problem that they do not translate equally, just like others have reported. Like the others, I am also finding that the uniform size is wonderful to use for other things, not just stamps. They look nice and keep everything lined up.

Now I really need to make serious decisions...how much of this stuff do I really use and want to keep? Do I really want to keep the sets together? There really is no perfect way to organize, so I need to put the time in to making a decision and setting it up for me. This is all way too overwhelming....I just want to craft. And the new containers really are fabulous.
Reply With Quote Likes